The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.4

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    • Shield Expertise Change
    • WW Berserker change
    • Power Bash CC reverted

Boo
    • Prosperous/Training added to WGT and ICP vault loot tables

Skeptical
    • Upscaling of old PvP sets (mostly interaction of Morag Tong with stam DK but other sets can be troublesome as well. )
    Argonian forever
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    I have been wondering what is the point of reinforced now that nirn gives better stats why not just add nirn to loot tables instead prosperous and training which are totally useless on end game gear and same can be said about reinforced.

Reinforced isn't useless.

Reinforced adds spell/physical resist based on a percentage of the item's base armor value.

Nirnhoned adds a flat spell/physical resist.

For items with high base armor values, Reinforced is superior to Nirnhoned. For items with low base armor values, the opposite is true.

That said, both traits are generally not very useful, and now there is very little variety or meaningful choice between them.

I disagree you are only taking heavy armor into the formula and leaving medium and light out, this two drop more frequently because there is more of them, either lock traits by weight or add a flat value so it doesn't become useless in a light piece or medium.

Edited by Ra'Shtar on May 23, 2016 8:03PM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭
    calm down - Training trait will be the most effective in grinding
    and when you will get only 30% of exp from mobs after 200CP - you will NEED this trait for grinding
    so its not useless, its the most USEFULL in next DLC

Except that's not how it works. Your 'level' as far as xp gains goes is capped at 160, so even at 500 CP you still get 100% xp from cp 160 mobs.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    calm down - Training trait will be the most effective in grinding

It's a useful trait.

It's a useless trait on endgame gear.

If I want to XP grind, I'll craft a full set of training gear. I have absolutely zero desire to see that trait on a set like Spell Power Cure.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    **Set pieces obtained from the Trophy Vaults in Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower can now drop with Sturdy, Training, or Prosperous traits, in addition to the previous Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, and Reinforced traits.

This is really, really, really, unfortunate not to say something else in an official thread and because there's other good new but god, why is this happening, you really don't want people to get divines scathing/Spell power cure but why? Just remove the option from the loot table if you don't want them to drop!
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Yes it appears to be rounding. Did I miss that in the release notes for the Crafter Bag?

Would rather see real non-rounded but I guess you're stuck in order to fit the Icon/GUI display.

And it doesn't round until above 3 digits, was there no chance to get room for a 4th on the display?

Thanks for letting us know it was rounding! It is working as intended, and as you guessed it's to make the UI look a little more tidy. This is one of those little details we'll add in the final patch notes about the Craft Bag; it's actually a global UI limit, not just within the Craft Bag, but the sheer amount of stuff you can hold in the Craft Bag does make it more noticeable.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing charge yet?

Fixing loading screens?

Health bar bugs?

Cyrodiil lag?

How about any of the MULTITUDE of bugs that have been around for months/years?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Alliance War
    Support
    Guard:
    This ability and its morphs are now required to be slotted on both bars to remain active after weapon swapping.
    This ability and its morphs no longer have a Stamina Recovery penalty."

Oh nice; this actually makes the ability actually good...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will 64-bit start working instead of crashing in PvP?
    Edited by Cinbri on May 23, 2016 9:16PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    "Alliance War
    Support
    Guard:
    This ability and its morphs are now required to be slotted on both bars to remain active after weapon swapping.
    This ability and its morphs no longer have a Stamina Recovery penalty."

Oh nice; this actually makes the ability actually good...

Yeah I'm thinking blazing shield tether. More damage on the shield more damage on the boom and 30% less damage for your friend. You could duo with a full on dps partner and make him tanky while doing lots of dps yourself. If you have the group make up you might even be able to turn it into the Frag shield of olden days.

Templar house, now accepting guests.
    Edited by Armitas on May 23, 2016 10:05PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyride wrote: »
    FIX MALUBETH!

I assume you mean the giant heals it gives in PvP? Just experienced it for the first time on the PTS on my templar. Was getting 7k-11k healing ticks.

Edited by Synozeer on May 23, 2016 10:12PM
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf Berserker (Werewolf Transformation morph): Updated the visuals for this morph so it now transforms you into a black-furred Werewolf with red eyes.

Finally! Thank you ZOS! :*<3

I also like the shield expert passive change.
    Edited by Leogon on May 23, 2016 11:38PM
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    I have been farming WGT and ICP often for the sets that drop there and, honestly, I have gotten many pieces that I want, though not all. However, I have lots of guildies who have also been farming and have not received enough good pieces to make up a set. The change to adding more traits which are not desirable to these sets is a very unwelcome one. Please reconsider this!
    If this change goes through, I can almost guarantee that many people will simply decide that these sets are not worth running for the slim chance to get what sets they want in the traits they want. That would seem to be the opposite of what ZOS is trying to do by nerfing these dungeons to get more people to run them.
    @ZOS_Finn
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Boo

Just a quick note so you all know we aren't ignoring your comments about the patch note above, we are working on a response to address your concerns.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good update, but still wondering your overall perspective over magika sorc dps, and wondering if expert hunter and their morph were going to be upgraded to fit their current ungoing goal.

Expert hunter PVE morph is actually pretty useless so I believe I'm not alone to Wonder if that morph is going to be change.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boo

Just a quick note so you all know we aren't ignoring your comments about the patch note above, we are working on a response to address your concerns.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Don't forget to consider the various posts scattered throughout the forums that are in favor of adding Impenetrable to the loot tables.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason the devs took Impen out is because they are going to make Impen monster sets available for purchase with AP on The Golden vendor, using PvP currency to buy pvp gear. I understand that logic, though some players who play both PvP and PvE will feel hindered by waiting for The Golden to sell the thing they want. Perhaps The Golden could sell a shoulder and helm every week (not necessarily from the same set)?
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't able to get on the PTS today to test anything, is Pelinal's Aptitude set still disabled? I really wanted to try that out before DB goes live, as it looks as though it may present some interesting possibilities to people who don't min/max.

In terms of loot drops for high level content - I don't think anyone wants traits that give more xp or more gold in loot when they have run a dungeon to get the possibility of a rare reward. I don't do much veteran level content myself, but despite the changes to traits, people still want infused/divines on large/small pieces for end game PvE, and impenetrable for PvP. No-one wants to run a dungeon and get a piece that awards more mob xp or gold (given that you can grind most mobs in the game pretty much naked without any effort, if people want a grinding set they will just craft a set with those traits for the sole purpose of grinding), they want something from rare drops that will directly improve their combat performance in high level PvE/PvP content.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2016 12:02AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can anyone confirm they fixed thaumaturge cp tree and sweeps/jabs? im at work :(
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I wasn't able to get on the PTS today to test anything, is Pelinal's Aptitude set still disabled? I really wanted to try that out before DB goes live, as it looks as though it may present some interesting possibilities to people who don't min/max.

In terms of loot drops for high level content - I don't think anyone wants traits that give more xp or more gold in loot when they have run a dungeon to get the possibility of a rare reward. I don't do much veteran level content myself, but despite the changes to traits, people still want infused/divines on large/small pieces for end game PvE, and impenetrable for PvP. No-one wants to run a dungeon and get a piece that awards more mob xp or gold (given that you can grind most mobs in the game pretty much naked without any effort, if people want a grinding set they will just craft a set with those traits for the sole purpose of grinding), they want something from rare drops that will directly improve their combat performance in high level PvE/PvP content.

@Epona222 , Pelinal's Aptitude set is still disabled :'(
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo

Thank you, you have had a busy day responding to us in the Sorc thread and this thread. But it has made us all feel that much better. We are all very appreciative of what you are doing thanks and have a good day.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »

@Epona222 , Pelinal's Aptitude set is still disabled :'(

Thanks for letting me know, it was the one thing I really had left to test for my own personal satisfaction (I will of course continue to test for bugs in other things). I had a couple of ideas for builds that it would have been interesting to test before it went live.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boo

Thank you, you have had a busy day responding to us in the Sorc thread and this thread. But it has made us all feel that much better. We are all very appreciative of what you are doing thanks and have a good day.

All hail Jessica!

/kowtow
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    • Set pieces obtained from the Trophy Vaults in Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower can now drop with Sturdy, Training, or Prosperous traits, in addition to the previous Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, and Reinforced traits.

WHY? :s

because they are completely rehauled in this patch and are different now.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    • Set pieces obtained from the Trophy Vaults in Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower can now drop with Sturdy, Training, or Prosperous traits, in addition to the previous Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, and Reinforced traits.

WHY? :s

because they are completely rehauled in this patch and are different now.

No-one wants the overhauled training or prosperous traits on high-end rare drop gear. No-one. They are traits that will be useful for grinding or questing, sure, I am glad they have been updated so they have a use for characters post level 50, and I will use them when questing or grinding on gear I can make for myself at any crafting station. But no-one wants them on their end-game combat gear.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 24, 2016 1:21AM

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo

Please add Impen to these sets, its highly annoying to not be able to use alot of them in PvP cause of this.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say thank you to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for all the feedback you have been giving us. Actually having a 2-way conversation with someone makes a huge difference in how we see these changes and how we see ZOS.

Every person on the PTS forum is giving up a chunk of their play time to make this game better. When we provide feedback and get silence it's inevitable that we feel ignored and that our time is wasted. With feedback -- even if it is to deny a request or explain why ZOS is going in a different direction -- we feel like we had input. It gives us more buy-in and makes us better ambassadors when it all goes live.

You are probably limited in what you are allowed to say and don't want to over-promise things that the developers might not deliver but the more open ZOS is with us about all this the better it will be for everyone.

So, again, thanks to Jessica for helping to push things in the right direction.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say thank you to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for all the feedback you have been giving us. Actually having a 2-way conversation with someone makes a huge difference in how we see these changes and how we see ZOS.

Every person on the PTS forum is giving up a chunk of their play time to make this game better. When we provide feedback and get silence it's inevitable that we feel ignored and that our time is wasted. With feedback -- even if it is to deny a request or explain why ZOS is going in a different direction -- we feel like we had input. It gives us more buy-in and makes us better ambassadors when it all goes live.

You are probably limited in what you are allowed to say and don't want to over-promise things that the developers might not deliver but the more open ZOS is with us about all this the better it will be for everyone.

So, again, thanks to Jessica for helping to push things in the right direction.

One more thing to add: In addition to the "official feedback threads" please look in on the polls. One or two people with strong feelings can monopolize the conversation on a particular subject but the polls show us in what direction most of those who care about an issue are actually leaning. I wish ZOS would use these more to help gather opinions, especially during this PTS phase.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it makes sense to move the CP Resilient passive to the Steed so that it is in the same tree as the critical resistance star. However, would you please consider moving Resilient down to unlock at 10 or 30 rather than 75?

Because the Unchained passive (120 in The Lady tree) is basically mandatory for any stamina build in PvP, Resilient would be completely out of reach at 75 in The Steed.

Resilient is strictly a PvP passive - PLEASE consider lowering Resilient to 10 so that stamina builds have proper access to it, I beg you. :(

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KNowak

Edited by Solariken on May 24, 2016 3:42AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of training hate I like the new training more EXP faster leveling on my Alts and my CP granted on DB drop I will be well over the cap but stacking cp till the cap is raised is not bad.

Old training had no place in endgame this new one does you PvEer run the same dungeons every week doing them a few times a day it's not like you're against grinding for the traits you want.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword