The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.4

• Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SaintIgor wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right spot or not. Some of my guild mates are concerned about the new non-vet system. Now one of them has 3 v8 characters and 40champion pts. The way we calculate it. 850k for vet level 680k for champ points. After the patch his v8 will be v4 equivalents and to get back to where he is in cadwell's gold he will have to grind through the equivalant of 32 vet levels in completely finished zones to get back to where he is now. 40 cp lvs * 680k/850k. I have another friend who has a v16 two v7 a v5 and v1 who only has 100cp so going through silver and gold with his low lvl that is now max gold starting silver??? is this suppose to add pleasure to the game??? or are you just worried about the high end pvpers ???

Go back and read the 2.4.0 patch notes.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one who have 3v8 will have 80 cp at the launch. He only need to grind 80 cp (so more or less one v16 for cp before 160, 680xp for one cp is only for cp near the 500th) to have all his char to be v16 equivalent.
    The one who have at least one v16 and 100 cp will have 160 cp at launch. That's mean all his char will be v16 for free.

You really can't loose anything in term of grinding time with this vet suppression. Hitting the top-level gear will take less time AND will be given to all your character once you'll reach 160 cp.

Remember two thing : firstly, all character will have enough cp to equip his current most-higher stuff, so even a v16 with 10 cp will have 160 cp. Secondly, the less cp you have, the less xp you need. The 160 first cp are more or less equivalent to 16 vr.
    Edited by RoyJade on May 26, 2016 8:58PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is the right spot or not. Some of my guild mates are concerned about the new non-vet system. Now one of them has 3 v8 characters and 40champion pts. The way we calculate it. 850k for vet level 680k for champ points. After the patch his v8 will be v4 equivalents and to get back to where he is in cadwell's gold he will have to grind through the equivalant of 32 vet levels in completely finished zones to get back to where he is now. 40 cp lvs * 680k/850k. I have another friend who has a v16 two v7 a v5 and v1 who only has 100cp so going through silver and gold with his low lvl that is now max gold starting silver??? is this suppose to add pleasure to the game??? or are you just worried about the high end pvpers ???

If anything he should be closer to vr 16 in power above all else since cp will take over also cp os not hard to gain at 40 cp he should be gaining one or 2 cp bouncing between each quest and probly won't really slow down until around 100 cp also zos is bumping cp up to your highest level char so that thwy can wear gear relevant to their level so of you got 3 v8 characters and 40 cp you'll be nudged up to 80 cp. Also new training traits can up you to near cake bonus exp bonus. So once db drops in all lvl 50+chars on account will instantly be the same level as your max cp
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @saintlgor also remember that cadwell gold/silver are no longer mandatory to reach higher level zone which mean both will have acces to endgame zone as much as they will have acces to all of the other faction zone.

Xp coming from mobs will also be scale so that they will be able to receive xp from one of the two factions zone at all time
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Tyrannitar wrote: »
    To stam-sorc-hipsters: Why do you get the idea anyway that a sorcerer should go with stam as main stat. Sorc is and always has been about magicka. Get over it. Every class combo is not and never will be equal and therein lies the beauty.

You're playing Elder Scrolls, bud. Learn the lore of the Elder Scrolls series, play any of the Elder Scrolls games, and you're supposed to ENCOURAGE build diversity. I loved TES because I could be a spellsword.

Yeah, but the class system in ESO basically draws from the informal classes from earlier games only for inspiration. They did not open ESO up to the full build diversity of Elder Scrolls. Instead they created 4 pigeon holes. You can play as you want, as long as you stick to magic builds of the type that they support. Stamina builds are a more recent addition, and are not really true stamina builds. Instead they are modifications of magicka class skills. They were completely blindsided by the idea of stamina builds, I think.

I seriously believe all classes should have a niche that they are the best at, and okay at other roles but they should be secondary. The classic class system works in MMOS simply works, while "play as you want, no matter what class or build" doesn't really. Even if it is Elder Scrolls.

The way I think it should be:
    Dragonknight = Tank (Sturdy, Relatively Low Damage, second best utility)
    Sorcerer = Magic DPS (best sustained damage with okay burst damage)
    Nightblade = Stamina DPS (best burst with decent sustained damage)
    Templar = Healer (best healing and utility)

If they are going to do that they need to tell us that is what they are doing and then stick to it. No "play as you like" nonsense. And we would have to accept that the classes will never, ever be balanced. NB vs Sorc will go badly for the Sorc. Killing a DK will always be a tedious affair. Templars won't be much use on their own. And duels outside your class won't make much sense. The us side is that together they make a kick-ass team.

Or they could drop classes. Pick any 3 class skill lines, and any 2 weapons skill lines.

But the approach they are taking now is the worst for ever achieving balance OR stability in the classes. You can't have different abilities and options and yet be equal in a duel. You can't have a class that's great at burst and 1vX and not have other characters be vulnerable to being ganked by that class. You can't have an effective tank and it not be tedious to kill them. You can't have a great healer class and not have them and their groups depend heavily on their healing/cleansing. ZOS is trying to satisfy both sides of all of these contradictions and it just won't work.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• pinchedrug00
    Is crit surge still affected by battle spirit?
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you feel that it should be excluded from the list of all the other heals in the game affected by Battle Spirit?
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you feel that it should be excluded from the list of all the other heals in the game affected by Battle Spirit?

Because it's a class heal and it sucks in both PvE and PvP because of what the devs did to it. but it could be at least somewhat useful if it wasn't affected by battle spirit.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 28, 2016 3:48AM
    Invictus
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

Because it's a class heal and it sucks in both PvE and PvP because of what the devs did to it. but it could be at least somewhat useful if it wasn't affected by battle spirit.

Killer's Blade heals me for 20% my Mac health when I kill with it that's just 10% in PvP. Mark Target same deal but 40% with 20% in PvP Defensive Posture should heal for 15% max health but it's 7.5%. My Argonian race passives should give me 12% max stats back with all potions but it's 12% magic and stamina with 6% heal.

We all have weak percent healthy that Battle Spirit made completely or near pointless. Would you think it fair if Templars and Nightblade heals based on damage powers don't take a Battle Spirit hit? Can you imagine the hate if Dragon's Blood bypassed the Battle Spirit debuff well giving you a higher max health.

For the King of Argonia
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Killer's Blade heals me for 20% my Mac health when I kill with it that's just 10% in PvP. Mark Target same deal but 40% with 20% in PvP Defensive Posture should heal for 15% max health but it's 7.5%. My Argonian race passives should give me 12% max stats back with all potions but it's 12% magic and stamina with 6% heal.

We all have weak percent healthy that Battle Spirit made completely or near pointless. Would you think it fair if Templars and Nightblade heals based on damage powers don't take a Battle Spirit hit? Can you imagine the hate if Dragon's Blood bypassed the Battle Spirit debuff well giving you a higher max health.

All the *** you just brought up is pointless. those are all secondary heals. Surge on the other hand is the sorcs "heal" and it hasn't been good in PvP for a while, now it's even worse.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 28, 2016 4:16AM
    Invictus
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the *** you just brought up is pointless. those are all secondary heals. Surge on the other hand is the sorcs "heal" and it hasn't been good in PvP for a while, now it's even worse.

It's a heal all heals are hit with battle spirit point being mad cause your heal which should have been affected all this time is only now being affected is child like.

For the King of Argonia
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a heal all heals are hit with battle spirit point being mad cause your heal which should have been affected all this time is only now being affected is child like.

No it's not being child like. Battle spirit should not effect abilities to the point where it makes them "useless" what part of this simple concept is so hard for you understand?.

come on man. it's very simple stuff here. get your act together.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 28, 2016 7:04AM
    Invictus
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge should be affected by battle spirit now because it is no longer a damage based heal. But surge heal should also be evolutive with your character and heal a lot more.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's not being child like. Battle spirit should not effect abilities to the point where it makes them "useless" what part of this simple concept is so hard for you understand?.

come on man. it's very simple stuff here. get your act together.

I don't give random examples my race is Argonian a 6% health from potions every 45 seconds is a damn joke. I run Absorb Magic on my Argonian Nightblade Tank the heals a joke but it's that way for everyone.

No damage based on healing took a Battle Spirit nerf cause you already took the damage nerf. So you don't get double nerfed now it's a flat heal so have to get hit by Battle Spirit. It's not a nerd just much of the same.

For the King of Argonia
  • SaintIgor
    SaintIgor
    Soul Shriven
    RoyJade wrote: »
    The one who have 3v8 will have 80 cp at the launch. He only need to grind 80 cp (so more or less one v16 for cp before 160, 680xp for one cp is only for cp near the 500th) to have all his char to be v16 equivalent.
    The one who have at least one v16 and 100 cp will have 160 cp at launch. That's mean all his char will be v16 for free.

You really can't loose anything in term of grinding time with this vet suppression. Hitting the top-level gear will take less time AND will be given to all your character once you'll reach 160 cp.

Remember two thing : firstly, all character will have enough cp to equip his current most-higher stuff, so even a v16 with 10 cp will have 160 cp. Secondly, the less cp you have, the less xp you need. The 160 first cp are more or less equivalent to 16 vr.

He doesn't want his low levels to be made v16 for "free" He wants to play the material at the level intended. the only thing you got tight is that it is mean.

Hitting top level gear will not take less time. even the lowest end of cp gain 10x cp exp exceeds vet exp. of course for pvpers they can grind a new v16 in a week now. Assuming they have at least one.

Making the experience account wide instead of character wide removes the journey. Lots of us play for the journey. Several people enjoy the fact that they have 5-6 v16 characters. You remove the accomplishment by giving it away. If someone who has already made a v16 character wants too experience the journey with a different class they can't they will be v16 and silver and gold content will be to easy. I myself have 8 characters. 2 v16 1 v15 2 v9 1 v7 1 v1 and 1 lvl 44. I have 500+ cp I enjoy playing my low levels characters helping other low level characters make the journey. All my characters will be maxed out. I will not be able to help people journey on. Who wants a v16 taging along in a v3 zone?? You have successfully destroyed the Journey.

If we wanted instant rewards we would all be playing on the pts not the live game.
  • ZeroFinalStrikeub17_ESO
    I hope that since you changed the Assassin personality to for some reason only work when your standing idle now your going to change the run and walk animations which look ridiculous now when your running with one hand behind your back and walking with one hand resting on an item on your hip that doesn't exist as well as juggling air. I say just bring the dagger back, that was the whole point of the personality in the first place wasn't it? also I really hope you take the magical "rune" that floats in front of you now when you block and make that able to be toggled on and off in the options cause if I'm playing a melee character of some kind I only want to see my weapon in front of my when I guard, not some glowing magic thing as well.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Actually this buff as a special nature which makes him pretty hard to balance, balance him for pvp and you give sorcerer way too much healing in pve and balance it for pve and you give sorcerer way too few healing for pvp. The fact that this buff is only link to crit hit is also a major impact since shield are going to nerf this ability further down in pvp while being still a pretty good ability for pve (sustain healing wise).

So the fact that this ability is affected by battle spirit is tedious. There are other ability which works the same way that couls also be balance by leaving them out of battle spirit but... Who knows.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

He doesn't want his low levels to be made v16 for "free" He wants to play the material at the level intended. the only thing you got tight is that it is mean.

Hitting top level gear will not take less time. even the lowest end of cp gain 10x cp exp exceeds vet exp. of course for pvpers they can grind a new v16 in a week now. Assuming they have at least one.

Making the experience account wide instead of character wide removes the journey. Lots of us play for the journey. Several people enjoy the fact that they have 5-6 v16 characters. You remove the accomplishment by giving it away. If someone who has already made a v16 character wants too experience the journey with a different class they can't they will be v16 and silver and gold content will be to easy. I myself have 8 characters. 2 v16 1 v15 2 v9 1 v7 1 v1 and 1 lvl 44. I have 500+ cp I enjoy playing my low levels characters helping other low level characters make the journey. All my characters will be maxed out. I will not be able to help people journey on. Who wants a v16 taging along in a v3 zone?? You have successfully destroyed the Journey.

If we wanted instant rewards we would all be playing on the pts not the live game.

One thing I stipulated in TESO critics when the game launch is that, one of the aspect which has been for me an issur when I killed Molag Bal for the first time was that once I had completed that ultimate challenge, I had been thrown back into a tier world faction and had been oblige to work my way back through grinding thus being unable to enjoy endgame as soon as my own faction experience was over. Also leading me to play through the other faction quest without having yo create a characther inside those faction which lower my will to even recreate a characther inside those faction since I already knew their story.

By stopping the progression at level 50 for those who are already over the cap oh 160cp Zenimax is also giving the player the capacity to experience the other faction quest by creating one characthrr from those faction which is also enhancing the overall experience of the game for me.

Not having to grind Cadwell is now a good thing since most player can experience in a rp environnement the other faction quest instead of being thrown to the wolf.

• Velo
    Velo
    Soul Shriven
    I honostly hope you fixed toppling charge.
  • SaintIgor
    SaintIgor
    Soul Shriven

One thing I stipulated in TESO critics when the game launch is that, one of the aspect which has been for me an issur when I killed Molag Bal for the first time was that once I had completed that ultimate challenge, I had been thrown back into a tier world faction and had been oblige to work my way back through grinding thus being unable to enjoy endgame as soon as my own faction experience was over. Also leading me to play through the other faction quest without having yo create a characther inside those faction which lower my will to even recreate a characther inside those faction since I already knew their story.

By stopping the progression at level 50 for those who are already over the cap oh 160cp Zenimax is also giving the player the capacity to experience the other faction quest by creating one characthrr from those faction which is also enhancing the overall experience of the game for me.

Not having to grind Cadwell is now a good thing since most player can experience in a rp environnement the other faction quest instead of being thrown to the wolf.

Nothing has changed in that regaurd a first time player finishing molag would have no cp and now have to climb through silver and gold grinding champion points to progress to the next level. Wich will take alot longer than the old system.

I have a vet characters in all 3 alliances. those looking for that experience would go and get it.

I don't see how the game would improve for you by your post.

You still have to grind cadwell and the old way was set up so you didn't need to gring completing the quest gave you enuf exp to progress not so anymore. of course you only need to do it once you can only do it once. Might as well take cadwells silver and gold out make you grind in pvp for your points. You act as if the only people who play have 160 cp. nice to be stuck in your own little world.
  • Tommy198914
    Tommy198914
    Soul Shriven
    I hear vet mode is going away is that true just after the new dlc everyone's talking about
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear vet mode is going away is that true just after the new dlc everyone's talking about

With, not after. Go to PTS or read PTS patch note.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261799/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-0/p1

"
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Base Game Patch

Veteran Rank Removal
    Veteran Ranks have been completely removed from the game in this update! Your strength after level 50 is now simply your number of Champion Points. As Champion Points are gained much faster than Veteran Ranks, this will allow you to advance more rapidly and start getting the best gear in the game faster."
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually this buff as a special nature which makes him pretty hard to balance, balance him for pvp and you give sorcerer way too much healing in pve and balance it for pve and you give sorcerer way too few healing for pvp. The fact that this buff is only link to crit hit is also a major impact since shield are going to nerf this ability further down in pvp while being still a pretty good ability for pve (sustain healing wise).

So the fact that this ability is affected by battle spirit is tedious. There are other ability which works the same way that couls also be balance by leaving them out of battle spirit but... Who knows.

There are multiple options to make surge viable for both pve and pvp. Right now its very underpowered in both departments.

Basing surge heals of crits makes it weaker in pvp due to the crit mitigation from dmg shields and block (used to include impen and CP into resistant).

The battle spirit reduces healing anyway so surge is effected negatively in two ways.

On PTS its by no means OP in pve or pvp so the value should be raised significantly. Its also possible to reduce or completly remove the ICD for surge heals to make it heal more often.

To put this in perspective, a magicka sorc in vMA used to get 2k HPS from surge. Now he gets 200 HPS which is comparible with the barely noticeable health regen.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Your decision to include prosperous and training traits on end-game gear but not impenetrable confirms in my eyes that ZoS is utterly apathetic to PvP and does not even consider that portion of the game when making changes to ESO.

Your decision to nerf Conjured Ward confirms in my eyes that ZoS is utterly apathetic to PvE and does not even consider that portion of the game when making changes to ESO.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why people think that once DB hits they won't need to do Silver/Gold on alt characters. The extra skill points and Skyshards still have to be gained there anyway.
    Only now it will be way more boring since I can wear end game gear instantly and face roll everything even more.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • SaintIgor
    SaintIgor
    Soul Shriven

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261799/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-0/p1

"

Base Game Patch

Veteran Rank Removal
    Veteran Ranks have been completely removed from the game in this update! Your strength after level 50 is now simply your number of Champion Points. As Champion Points are gained much faster than Veteran Ranks, this will allow you to advance more rapidly and start getting the best gear in the game faster."

You show me the math where 10 cp points takes less time then 1 vet rank. They didn't do away with the ranks they just veiled them and made them harder to understand. They also made them harder to achieve for the first time gamer. They also plan to give away tons of champion points and levels so everyone will be happy cuz we don't like building characters. I mean there is another reason to play rpgs???
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if they could only update the visual effects of vampires, and make them creepier with scary glowing eyes - something similar to that of feral ghouls in Fallout 4.
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • GoodOlPinkly
    GoodOlPinkly
    ✭✭✭

"

Base Game Patch

Veteran Rank Removal

You show me the math where 10 cp points takes less time then 1 vet rank. They didn't do away with the ranks they just veiled them and made them harder to understand. They also made them harder to achieve for the first time gamer. They also plan to give away tons of champion points and levels so everyone will be happy cuz we don't like building characters. I mean there is another reason to play rpgs???

Doesn't your first champion point only cost like less then 20k exp with the catch up system?
  • GoodOlPinkly
    GoodOlPinkly
    ✭✭✭

"

Base Game Patch

Veteran Rank Removal

Also if you think about it, you get to champion point 160 before you get to v16 sooooo there you go....
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now if they could only update the visual effects of vampires, and make them creepier with scary glowing eyes - something similar to that of feral ghouls in Fallout 4.

I just wish my vamp was pale with red eyes. I hate having those weird lines all over my face. Makes me look like a grapist
    Edited by XaXa on May 30, 2016 11:56AM