The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS Please Provide Free Respec For Dark Brotherhood

• MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for free respec. Optional or forced is equally welcome.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for free respec. Optional or forced is equally welcome.

I dont know how many times they have to say they are never doing a skill/attribute/CP reset across the board. It was "not as popular as they hoped" according to the loremaster guy. So the solution needs to be something other than that. I dont get why people are so dead set against having the shrines be like 1gold per point for a couple weeks. Its a miniscule amount of money and they already have this tech. They have done it before.
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭
    It takes longer than five minutes come on now lets stay within the realm of reality here. It would take 5 mins just to click the attribute to max. Then Ive got to go back through do all the skills and morphs etc again. Which is why I said either mail scrolls or put it like you said on the shrines at a discount. That isnt free tho so people still complain.

I think you are confusing 5 minutes with 5 seconds, which is how long it actually takes to click the attributes to max.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    . I do suspect however that a lot of players regret whining about their free respecs.

Not me, not at all.

If they dont offer anything i feel good with that.

If they offer free scroll or cheap shrines for limited time, good with that too.

Heck, if they offered one free respec at every level 10x achievement, fine with that.

But if my expressed complaint that you dub whining over the forced reset means they never do that again, no regrets.

Got 8 chars to do full respec, regear on most and full att redo on some. Will happily spend the gold or thank zos for a bennie if it comes.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    An optional free respec per character would be good, or at least a cheaper one.
    I have 8 V16 characters, 4 magicka and 4 stamina based, and as I've been testing on the PTS, I will switch a lot of skills in there, as well as completely ditch others to use the points for something else. But I don't want to pay 15k+ per character to respec them...
    After such big changes, ZOS should really consider making an optional respec a thing, or at least lowering the ridiculous price at the shrine...
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 8 V16 characters, 4 magicka and 4 stamina based, and as I've been testing on the PTS, I will switch a lot of skills in there, as well as completely ditch others to use the points for something else. But I don't want to pay 15k+ per character to respec them...
    After such big changes, ZOS should really consider making an optional respec a thing, or at least lowering the ridiculous price at the shrine...

You think the price is high now it used to be way way more expensive to respec. 15k is really not much gold but I am betting they give a discounted rate for a bit. Let everyone get changed up then raise it back to normal.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm beyond sick of forced respecs where I have to re-do all my characters without reference to what they had before, so NO, NO FORCED RESPEC thanks, free or otherwise.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I'm beyond sick of forced respecs where I have to re-do all my characters without reference to what they had before, so NO, NO FORCED RESPEC thanks, free or otherwise.
    No one is asking for a forced respect I personally don't see an issue with them if they change core abilities it's good they let you respec
    #MOREORBS
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for free respec.
    or at least the chance to do it very cheaply for some days :wink:
    Like others, i have 5 chars at veteran rank 16 and this future DLC has too many changes to ignore, so a respec will be mandatory
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys...the PTS had a respec, so I'd assume you'll automatically receive one for the launch as well. No worries, except you'll have to spend a few minutes respeccing of course.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »
    Hey guys...the PTS had a respec, so I'd assume you'll automatically receive one for the launch as well. No worries, except you'll have to spend a few minutes respeccing of course.

Except they already said it wont happen live multiple times including recently at PAX. What happens on PTS isnt always what happens on live. Unless its a bug of course :P
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »

Except they already said it wont happen live multiple times including recently at PAX. What happens on PTS isnt always what happens on live. Unless its a bug of course :P

Well then...I'd have to agree that it's utter nonsense to completely revamp a few skills and not do a free respec.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Why would you need to completely redo all of your characters? I see a lot of changes but only for my stamina character. I dont really see a need to reallocate champ points either on the stamina characters. They already have the right champ "perks" already. Just the skill morphs basically I need to redo on the stamina guys.
    Because there are changes to every class which requires a respec, remorphing usually leaves you need a few more skill points to get something else.

Champion System tends to change as well almost all the time

To me it seems more you just want to change them all not need to. In that case I dont see why it should be free.

An example would be Fighter's Guild Passives. Some use to be beneficial to all builds, now that will not be the case for Magicka builds.

I am about 99.99% sure they will just make it cheap for a week or two after DB launches like I said above. I dont see them giving out free ones.

I provided you will an example of 'needing' to respec since you thought there was none. Parroting you personally pet theory wasn't needed.

The respec shrines are not the Crown Store. ZOS will not have coded in a method to easily reduce the cost since there is more calculations based on character metrics. ZOS could more easily send every character a free respec srcoll voucher than they could reduce the cost of the shrines for a limited time.

I dont see it as a "need" they are still useful maybe not as useful but still useful. So thats more a want to reallocate points than a need to.

You seriously think passives that only apply to Stamina skills would be useful on a Magicka character?

Thats entirely another thread to argue how these changes affect magicka users who use FG skills. Kind of off topic too. Its a matter of opinion whether its a "need" or a "want". It doesnt matter anyways all they have to do is like they did with TG and make respecs dirt cheap on the shrine. Then you can respec all your characters and you wont have to spend a lot of gold to do it.

As far as free I dont see it happening. Thats just my opinion just like the whole needing to respec is your opinion.

"Slayer: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon Damage by 1/2/3% for each Fighters Guild ability slotted at Ranks I/II/III respectively, instead of increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 3/6/9% against Undead and Daedra."

That Passives has 0 use for a dedicated Magicka build. Get caught just change the subject. Such tactics, lol.

Magicka builds dont need weapon damage?

Seriously? You know Magicka skills scale with Spell Power, Right?

Yes but its a passive doesnt cost you but a few points and even if you use magicka at some point you need to use your weapon. So its not useless to all builds. So for some maybe you are right. Not for all. So again its not a need its a want in my opinion. If you dont want that wep dmg basically for free then thats your choice. Not something you should get free respecs for.

You are kind of looking for anything to not admit that they are completely changing certain skills making them useless for different builds. Why do you care so much? I get it if you don't want to re-spec but seems you are looking for anything to argue about when clearly if I an a Magick sorc weapon damage will do nothing for me
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    "But-but.. I'll forget my build!"
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why can't people just disagree anymore without this kind of stuff?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think the price is high now it used to be way way more expensive to respec. 15k is really not much gold but I am betting they give a discounted rate for a bit. Let everyone get changed up then raise it back to normal.
    Nope, they should send out respec scrolls upon logging in
    Players should not be required to spend any amount of gold on changes/build changes they have no control over. Don't bother telling me how cheap it is, or how easy it is to get gold, that point is redundant to this argument.
    #MOREORBS
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Players should not be required to spend any amount of gold on changes/build changes they have no control over. Don't bother telling me how cheap it is, or how easy it is to get gold, that point is redundant to this argument.

I dont think you understand what redundant means.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think you understand what redundant means.
    Don't bother telling me how cheap it is, or how easy it is to get gold, that point is redundant to this argument.
    Redundant: not or no longer needed or useful
    synonyms: unnecessary, not required, inessential, unessential, needless, unneeded, uncalled for, dispensable, disposable, expendable, unwanted, useless; More
    Context: Your comments about paying for respecs and how cheap they are, are no longer needed or useful to the topic or the subject
    Edited by Nifty2g on May 5, 2016 3:50AM
    #MOREORBS
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you mean its irrelevant to the argument. Redundant would meant I want free too and am just adding on the same thing as you are.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on May 5, 2016 3:52AM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BTW Im not against free. Just saying its probably not going to be. They definitely arent resetting skills so I would bet on a discounted shrine. A few gold isnt going to kill you.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except they already said it wont happen live multiple times including recently at PAX.
    Yes, thank you for stating why this thread exists. It's precisely because they said that they won't that we have threads like this trying to get them to backtrack and change their position.

However they do it--whether it be changing the price at the shrine, via scrolls, or even via a forced respec--the point is that there should be one. Stating their current position is a nonsensical argument.
    Edited by code65536 on May 5, 2016 3:58AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you mean its irrelevant to the argument. Redundant would meant I want free too and am just adding on the same thing as you are.
    Do you argue for the sake of it?
    Irrelevant would be going offtopic talking about something entirely different, but gold is used to pay for respecs so no it's not irrelevant. Redundant means as stated "not or no longer needed or useful"
    Redundant is the correct word, just don't respond, and check the synonyms if you keep telling me it is incorrect.
    I'll throw in a reference http://www.dictionary.com/browse/redundant

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, people dislike having forced to respec their skills which is fine by me, I personally don't understand why it's free but whatever. So create a happy medium ZOS you have respec scrolls give 1 to each character upon logging on either they can keep it or use it or whatever. Having respec reduce cost only applies for the people within that time, what happens if a player logs on and doesn't get it in time then has to pay?
    #MOREORBS
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Except they already said it wont happen live multiple times including recently at PAX.
    Yes, thank you for stating why this thread exists. It's precisely because they said that they won't that we have threads like this trying to get them to backtrack and change their position.

However they do it--whether it be changing the price at the shrine, via scrolls, or even via a forced respec--the point is that there should be one. Stating their current position is a nonsensical argument.

They are not back tracking on the position. Fact is even at PAX someone complained about having to redo a character. They said they will NEVER force a respec on us again. So to keep talking about it is simply kicking a dead horse.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on May 5, 2016 4:00AM
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Why can't people just disagree anymore without this kind of stuff?

Some people are just too stubborn.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people are so complicating and like to be against "only because".

Nobody asked for "forced" respecs:
    Please provide free respecs, perhaps supply people with a respec scroll, those who do not like the respec have a choice and those that need it for multiple toons get multiple scrolls?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

And the fact that someone from ZOS said that they wouldnt do it, doesnt mean they cant do it by other means, like others pointed:

- A respec scroll for each character (you only use it if you want)
    - For a limited time, respec skills for some gold (It happened in the past for 1gold per skill, if im not mistaken)
    Edited by miteba on May 5, 2016 8:41AM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »

Please provide free respecs, perhaps supply people with a respec scroll, those who do not like the respec have a choice and those that need it for multiple toons get multiple scrolls?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

And the fact that someone from ZOS said that they wouldnt do it, doesnt mean they cant do it by other means, like others pointed:

- For a limited time, respec skills for some gold (It happened in the past for 1gold per skill, if im not mistaken)

Well, since they won't go auto-respec (I didn't know that was the case btw), either of those options sound great, especially the one respec scroll per character.

Silly question, maybe, but when it was active, did the other one include 1 gold per morph as well as for the full skill and attribute respec?
    Edited by sentientomega on May 6, 2016 12:59AM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I like how you take both my ideas :) We already discussed these ideas pages ago.
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    although this thread has gone way off topic lol i will say i don't think they should just give us the respect as in a log in and all my skills need to be replaced but instead make it so the first time after the update i walk up to a shrine it is free or a highly reduced cost or simply send everyone 1 free respec scroll in the mail that way those who dont want to are not suddenly without skill bars.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silly question, maybe, but when it was active, did the other one include 1 gold per morph as well as for the full skill and attribute respec?

I really dont remember because i had 3/4 playable chars in that time and i made full skill respec for all of them!
    Im almost certain that we payed 1gold for skill reset because a full reset was something like 300gold...
    I like how you take both my ideas :) We already discussed these ideas pages ago.

Sorry for that! I Initially went for page 5 just to add +1 comment for respec ;)
    Edited by miteba on May 6, 2016 8:13AM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was just joking around :) Ya I think the best solution would be discounted (say 1g per point) respec at the shrine. I hope thats what they end up doing.