The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Please Provide Free Respec For Dark Brotherhood

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Tiveria wrote: »
    Spearshard wrote: »
    Don't bother arguing with James. I think he just enjoys playing devil's advocate, especially since he was advocating respec scrolls in another thread I saw last week.

Why does he even post? All he does is troll or he's really an idiot in real life?

I dont think you understand what trolling is. Might want to google it. Disagreement is not trolling. Debating a topic even if its heated is not trolling. Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt mean they are somehow trolling. I never make it personal which is what you are doing. Remember also that attacking someone in this fashion on the forums is against the rules. If you continue to do so then I will be forced to report it.

Remember argue the topic not the person.

When you say things along the line of 'There are quite a few Magicka builds that use weapon damage' and 'as a Magicka build you'll need to use your weapon, thus need weapon damage'. I think you're either confused about how stats function or you're trolling. So I said you're trolling as a benefit of the doubt.

Weapon Damage as per the DB update to the Fighter's Guild passive Slayer is the stat Weapon Damage. The one that scales Stamina Skills as well as light and heavy attacks with all non-staff weapons. It's not the damage on a weapon, that's completely different.

lol I never said anything about the damage of a weapon. You telling me no magicka people ever use a single stamina skill? Never use like dual wield flurry for example even tho they are a magicka build NB? Just curious why you think people with magicka builds only use magicka and never use melee weapons or stamina skills period. Where weapon dmg might be a nice thing to have.

Just because misguided individuals might do something doesn't mean it's effective. Hybrids are bearly passable in Solo play. Frankly players trying to force them in group content is part of the reason said content is often nerfed.

Flurry scales on Weapon Damage and Max Stamina. It will be gimped (deal terrible damage) on a build that stacks into Magicka and Spell Power, and splitting between them makes your skills worst overall. CP also favors either a Stamina or Magicka focus not both. That's why DK's Stamina skills were changed to Poison damage, and NB's to Disease.

A Magicka NB might use Flurry, but it will deal crap damage versus their native option of Concealed Weapon if a CQC is needed. It's usage also hinders blocking, dodging, and free break, since the Magicka NB is using a skill that eats into their their smaller Stamina pool.

Magicka builds use Dual Swords not for access to Stamina skills but for an extra set piece, more Spell Power, and increased damage thanks to the Twin Blade and Blunt passive.

So you agree that some people might use it that arent min/max and just play the game then right? So you saying its completely useless is not true. It is useful to some people. hence why people dont want to be forced to redo all their characters because you put 3 points into a FG skill on a magicka build.

There is nothing max/min about using the skills that scale properly with your build.

I'll use my numbers for example. Flurry on my Dark Elf Magicka DK tooltips at 3722 for all hits compared to my Redguard Stamina NB's 12858. Most players can do basic math.

Fact if the matter is you shouldnt be putting points into FG if you are a mage so thats your choice. Fact is other people can and will use builds different from your elitest min max the only build that could possibly work. So you arent getting a free respec over 3 points. Since you seem to be mr elite why not just use some of your millions and respec? You after all the expert on all things ESO you have to have tons of gold.

What in god's name does being an "elite player" have to do with having tons of gold?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the mentality that elite players have the most gold
    Why do you even arrive at that conclusion lol, the amount of crap we have to spend gold on, its hard to imagine any elite player over 1mil gold.

Majority (7/12) of the guys in my guild who beat MoL have less than 200k
    #MOREORBS
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Why do you even arrive at that conclusion lol, the amount of crap we have to spend gold on, its hard to imagine any elite player over 1mil gold.

I guess some people have in mind the time when you were all over the leaderboards (especially VDSA) and selling the reward (especially VR14 gold rings) for quite a nice bit of gold.
    But those days are gone and we're in the BoP era now.
    I think that's why some people associate elite with rich. Which, I agree, is not related at all.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why go back and drudge this stuff up. Its been discussed ad nauseum. We are discussing now what the best way for ZOS to give us a free respec without making it a reset for the entire server.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

I guess some people have in mind the time when you were all over the leaderboards (especially VDSA) and selling the reward (especially VR14 gold rings) for quite a nice bit of gold.
    But those days are gone and we're in the BoP era now.
    I think that's why some people associate elite with rich. Which, I agree, is not related at all.
    Ah that is true, back then it was nice but I'm not sure if I would consider myself as elite as I was back when I was just clearing to sell stuff, mind you though that was more than a year and a half ago, though one time for VDSA weekly I got all 8 toons on weekly and made a lot of gold, so yeah I see where you're coming from
    But when you start to push for like leaderboard scores and all that type of stuff, you have to skip chests to save time and stuff like that, that's where the biggest gold sink comes from. But I guess there's a small line between elite and whatever you'd call those guys going for top scores
    #MOREORBS
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be great to not being forced to spend gold on respeccing the character after all major updates.

And btw. this thread is rly funny:

OP: pls add free/optional respeccs after major changes
    A: no, i don't want to be forced to set all points again.
    B: but we are asking for an optional change
    A: but i don't want to be forced

and so on...

rly nice :)
    Noobplar
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Would be great to not being forced to spend gold on respeccing the character after all major updates.

and so on...

Yea, this thread is pretty ridiculous. Someone really likes tilting at windmills...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

and so on...

Someone didnt read the whole thread.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on May 6, 2016 1:56PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe as of last patch Gina had stated they hadn't figured out a way to make it optional yet.

I really feel they should bump the priority on this though. Completely changing or even replacing skills should not cause players to incur a gold cost. Sure, we can live with small tweaks.. but they are seriously changing skills so much they need to be renamed!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind paying if its 1 gold per point.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I believe as of last patch Gina had stated they hadn't figured out a way to make it optional yet.

I really feel they should bump the priority on this though. Completely changing or even replacing skills should not cause players to incur a gold cost. Sure, we can live with small tweaks.. but they are seriously changing skills so much they need to be renamed!

"Haven't figured out a way"

lol.

Mail every character a respec scroll. Done.
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

lol.

LOL I didn't say that was a decent excuse, I was just mentioning it @Sallington

To be honest, I'm not quite sure mailing everyone would work. I believe you've been around long enough to remember.... remember when they would mail out the loyalty rewards? And many people wouldn't get them even if they should have?

I think mass mailing ALL players may be a bit glitchy?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

lol.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure mailing everyone would work. I believe you've been around long enough to remember.... remember when they would mail out the loyalty rewards? And many people wouldn't get them even if they should have?

This is true....

I personally think the best action is to make all respects cost 1 gold for a week after launch. That way it gives people a choice, and you can try out a couple different builds with all the changes.

People will complain if they are on vacation or whatever that first week, but that's a very small minority. You can't please all the people all the time.
    Edited by Sallington on May 6, 2016 3:50PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im glad you guys all agree with me :)
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭

lol.

This is true....

I personally think the best action is to make all respects cost 1 gold for a week after launch. That way it gives people a choice, and you can try out a couple different builds with all the changes.

People will complain if they are on vacation or whatever that first week, but that's a very small minority. You can't please all the people all the time.

That really only works if you actually have access to whichever capital city, and high enough level characters to defend themselves while getting there.

I'd just as soon buy a scroll on characters who can't reach those areas yet...
    Edited by sentientomega on May 6, 2016 4:23PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

lol.

This is true....

That really only works if you actually have access to whichever capital city, and high enough level characters to defend themselves while getting there.

I'd just as soon buy a scroll on characters who can't reach those areas yet...

The cities are what, lvl18-20ish? Like 4-5 hours into the game? 10-20 if you're super casual and take your sweet old time. No skill changes really affect you much then anyway, and a respec cost would be negligible. Plus, you can always just port to a guildy.
    Edited by Sallington on May 6, 2016 5:31PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People people people!!

It's very easy to think subjectively on this, being pretty much "I am going to need to respec due to the pending changes", "therefore the respec should be free"!

Zenimax 'must' look at it objectively. which means thinking for a HUGE number of the more casual players this can completely screw over. There are players out there that couldn't name a single skill they have been using for 6 months. Players that don't even know you can reset skill points, don't know that there is a patch coming, or what an elder scroll even is.

So please, understand that the needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the vocal minority.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind paying if its 1 gold per point.

Now this is something I can get behind. Let's do this.

Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People people people!!

It's very easy to think subjectively on this, being pretty much "I am going to need to respec due to the pending changes", "therefore the respec should be free"!

Zenimax 'must' look at it objectively. which means thinking for a HUGE number of the more casual players this can completely screw over. There are players out there that couldn't name a single skill they have been using for 6 months. Players that don't even know you can reset skill points, don't know that there is a patch coming, or what an elder scroll even is.

So please, understand that the needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the vocal minority.

That's exactly the point of asking for a free, optional, respec. Which is exactly what the opening post is asking for.

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People people people!!

That's exactly the point of asking for a free, optional, respec. Which is exactly what the opening post is asking for.

I know, my post was just a general fyi to others in the thread asking for a free respec due to "destroying magicka builds" and such.

It would certainly be a nice gesture from ZOS to accommodate a free respec for those in the know, but having mentioned they haven't figured it out yet, I kind of take their word on it (or am aware its of very low priority). I can also imagine that there are "other forces at play" when it comes to taking a crown store item and giving it to every player for free. You know, like "business forces".

It's actually kind of funny. They can't give out free scrolls because it's just bad business. And they couldn't do something like make the crown ones 50% or more off, because then the players think they are being nickle and dimed!
    Maybe a special scroll that evaporates after a certain amount of time?! Well, that pretty much brings me back to my original point of it being low priority.

Anyway, making the shrine super cheap for a week has gotta be the most painless method. But who knows what effort that requires, or if good business sees it as being worth the effort.

At the end of the day, I feel like this is something, as much as it will likely annoy me too, that ZOS clearly sees more value in leaving the way it is for now.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take a free respec, no matter how they'd like to deliver it. Forced, optional, whatever. I'm one of those odd people who like digging back into my skills tree and re-reading everything. Even for 8 characters. :-)

BUT, the best option for the most people would be a optional free respec/reset (ideally for skills, attributes and championship points)

Suggestion for ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno : Make a new item in the crown store, a "reset all" scroll. This could be easily based upon the existing reset scrolls in the store. Make them available for free to each character the first time that they are logged in after the update. Make it a soulbound item, meaning it cannot be transferred to any other character or account. Voila...free respec, optional and available to each character without them having to log in within a certain time frame and they can use it on their own time, or not, as they please. Non-transferable and only one per character to ensure that the crown store scroll sales are not damaged by this.

With my limited knowledge of coding, I think this could be relatively simple.
    • Skill reset scrolls already exist
    • Attribute reset scrolls already exist
    • Notifications upon a character log in for the first time after an update are possible - they've done it for other updates in the past.
    • Free things in the crown store are possible - The cake vouchers were free.
    • Items that cannot be transferred between characters already exist in the game - i.e. stolen goods

Plus, once you make these available for one update, you can just renew the item's availability with subsequent updates as needed.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want a respec that bad why don't you do what most people do and use the respec system already in game to let you do just that.
    When I want to redo my champ points I pay the 3000 gold. It's alot quicker and easier than asking and waiting for a freebe. Just saying.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They just confirmed cheap respecs on the shrines is whats happening.

respec_zpspl1yp43q.jpg
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on May 6, 2016 9:24PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They just confirmed cheap respecs on the shrines is whats happening.

Yeah I just saw that as well, good news!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should just set respect to 1 gold after a massive change like this. They have done that before.