The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Please Provide Free Respec For Dark Brotherhood

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am correct that quite a few builds use weapon damage that are magicka builds. So to say you should get a complete respec over 3 points in a FG skill is simply ludicrous. Also to say it is across the board useless is also nonsense. Maybe to you it isnt. So ya when I am correct I am correct.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet 90% of the people complaining about this have plenty enough gold and just want a free respec. :p
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am correct that quite a few builds use weapon damage that are magicka builds. So to say you should get a complete respec over 3 points in a FG skill is simply ludicrous. Also to say it is across the board useless is also nonsense. Maybe to you it isnt. So ya when I am correct I am correct.

There is no changing your mind if you're right or wrong, I find it funny people argue with you at all. Do you just sit around and troll this board all day?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally when making topics like such you have to make sure it affects multiple people. Sure it doesn't affect the guy with 1 maxed character that doesn't do much in game and a forced respec would annoy those players.

But on the other hand you have players with multiple characters and possibly with 3 or 4 Stamina based characters where doing full respecs probably come at a large price.
    #MOREORBS
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    While it may be time consuming to re-allot all your skills and attributes, I feel like it’s only fair to be given that option at no cost when skills have been changed outside players’ control. It doesn’t matter whether it’s not a problem for ALL players, the fact that many players will find at least some of the changes to be a waste of their skill points is enough to merit giving them the option to redistribute rather than essentially punishing them.

The idea of a free respec scroll seems like the perfect solution to keep everyone happy, both those who feel negatively affected by the changes, and those who don’t really care and just don’t want to spend the time re-alloting all their points. It would be a very nice gesture to show respect and concern for players on both sides on this argument.

I know many people feel like it’s easy to get gold in this game, but that certainly isn’t everyone, and it is beside the point. Whether or not you find the cost of a respec easy or difficult to obtain, it is still a loss due to changes made probably not at your request. There is no reason why someone who happens to have a lot of gold in the game should insist that someone else who doesn’t have the knack for making gold should have to deal with un-useful changes to their skills and/or forgo other things they may have been saving up for (such as a horse or bank upgrades or a motif they really want but haven’t had the luck to find) because of an update that is completely out of their hands.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on April 30, 2016 9:31PM
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Detail a few of them then.

• codybrewer78b14_ESO
    Please God yes!!
  • Spearshard
    Spearshard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother arguing with James. I think he just enjoys playing devil's advocate, especially since he was advocating respec scrolls in another thread I saw last week. Aside from that, it's mind blowing that people are like, "I have piles of gold around so it's ok that you all get stuck with respec costs of 200,000. Me, I have usually about 15-45000 gold on hand at any given time due to buying siege, repair kits, and mats for gear. Especially since I'm getting gear set up for 3 characters which is obscenely expensive at end game. Swtor never required gold for a respec. You see the trainer and bam, you can choose a new discipline. It was hands down the best thing they did. It allows for creativity and experimenting. Something this game lacks. When they make sweeping changes to skills across the board, the least they could do is send each toon a respec scroll. Want to use it, fine, if not, delete. No time wasted. It's a courtesy that shows your players you care.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was all for respec scrolls being mailed yes. Not for free forced respecs.
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, PLEASE do give us free respecs. I'm a new player, I only just started, and getting gold is hard af. After 3 weeks questing, I finally saved enough to buy a mount (I figured the 42k ones would be somehow better... >.>) and I'm now back to about 4k gold. Given that it's not possible to individually remove skill points and you instead have to reset all of them, this is extremely costly. I had already invested some skill points in the Slayer passive in the Fighter Guild skill line, because it was useful, but now that it only applies if you have a skill from that skill line in your action bar, it's useless for me. And this is just one example, there are others, like morph changes that need to be changed due to their new balancing.

+1 free respec, preferably not a forced one.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiveria wrote: »
    Spearshard wrote: »
    Don't bother arguing with James. I think he just enjoys playing devil's advocate, especially since he was advocating respec scrolls in another thread I saw last week.

Why does he even post? All he does is troll or he's really an idiot in real life?

I dont think you understand what trolling is. Might want to google it. Disagreement is not trolling. Debating a topic even if its heated is not trolling. Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt mean they are somehow trolling. I never make it personal which is what you are doing. Remember also that attacking someone in this fashion on the forums is against the rules. If you continue to do so then I will be forced to report it.

Remember argue the topic not the person.

When you say things along the line of 'There are quite a few Magicka builds that use weapon damage' and 'as a Magicka build you'll need to use your weapon, thus need weapon damage'. I think you're either confused about how stats function or you're trolling. So I said you're trolling as a benefit of the doubt.

Weapon Damage as per the DB update to the Fighter's Guild passive Slayer is the stat Weapon Damage. The one that scales Stamina Skills as well as light and heavy attacks with all non-staff weapons. It's not the damage on a weapon, that's completely different.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent over 100k gold on respecs with the TG update. I no longer have than kind of money in my bank, and this update will hurt if I have to respec again. I'm aware that not all of my characters will need a respec this time, but some of them will.

I might just be stuck with them until I've earned enough gold in game to fix them.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should consider giving away to each account 1 crown respec scroll. One for your main would be awesome. Totally doable, and well deserved.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! I don't mind if it's forced, or free scroll, or cheaper altars or whichever other choice. I play 6 characters and it is extremely expensive to pay for respecs on all of them.

It's not only about stamina builds... It's also fighters guild's skills (ultimate) on magicka characters, additional skill points on alchemy (plus unused skills on the rest), undaunted skills changes, CPs on stam DKs, new DB skills... And so on.
    Edited by luen79rwb17_ESO on May 1, 2016 1:44AM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldl ove a free respec as in the scroll being free in the shop for a few days. That wya those who want to respec can and those who dont dont have to.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you need to completely redo all of your characters? I see a lot of changes but only for my stamina character. I dont really see a need to reallocate champ points either on the stamina characters. They already have the right champ "perks" already. Just the skill morphs basically I need to redo on the stamina guys.

I would like to take away skill points form my Fighters Guild skill with my magicka characters.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Don't bother arguing with James. I think he just enjoys playing devil's advocate, especially since he was advocating respec scrolls in another thread I saw last week.

Why does he even post? All he does is troll or he's really an idiot in real life?

I dont think you understand what trolling is. Might want to google it. Disagreement is not trolling. Debating a topic even if its heated is not trolling. Just because you dont agree with someone doesnt mean they are somehow trolling. I never make it personal which is what you are doing. Remember also that attacking someone in this fashion on the forums is against the rules. If you continue to do so then I will be forced to report it.

When you say things along the line of 'There are quite a few Magicka builds that use weapon damage' and 'as a Magicka build you'll need to use your weapon, thus need weapon damage'. I think you're either confused about how stats function or you're trolling. So I said you're trolling as a benefit of the doubt.

Weapon Damage as per the DB update to the Fighter's Guild passive Slayer is the stat Weapon Damage. The one that scales Stamina Skills as well as light and heavy attacks with all non-staff weapons. It's not the damage on a weapon, that's completely different.

lol I never said anything about the damage of a weapon. You telling me no magicka people ever use a single stamina skill? Never use like dual wield flurry for example even tho they are a magicka build NB? Just curious why you think people with magicka builds only use magicka and never use melee weapons or stamina skills period. Where weapon dmg might be a nice thing to have.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Why would you need to completely redo all of your characters? I see a lot of changes but only for my stamina character. I dont really see a need to reallocate champ points either on the stamina characters. They already have the right champ "perks" already. Just the skill morphs basically I need to redo on the stamina guys.

I would like to take away skill points form my Fighters Guild skill with my magicka characters.

Liking too and needing too are different things. I dont see why a cheap respec at the shrine like in TG would be such a bad thing. It doesnt need to be free.
  • Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    13500 for me each time

I hate this
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any skill that the devs made into an entirely different mechanic or renamed should be an automatic refund of skill point or respec back to unmorphed. (i.e. sea of flames/cauterize was never in my line of thinking when they changed it)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Free or a reduce for a limited time, yes
    Forced, NO!

Forced is better than no respec.

I wouldn't object though to a week of free respecs.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on May 1, 2016 3:21AM
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    The respec shrines are not the Crown Store. ZOS will not have coded in a method to easily reduce the cost since there is more calculations based on character metrics. ZOS could more easily send every character a free respec srcoll voucher than they could reduce the cost of the shrines for a limited time.

That coding claim is not true. When the game launched they would make respecs cost next-to-nothing for a week after updates (from memory I think it was one gold per point).

Funnily, they stopped doing that at the same time the cash-shop scrolls came out.

Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    As someone who has 8 max level character of different factions and providing different sets and gear set ups and playstyles etc I honestly can't afford to spend gold to respec all of my characters, each skill respec is 10,000 gold for me and 3,000 for the champion points. Last Patch I barely had any gold at all to respec my main character.

Please provide free respecs, perhaps supply people with a respec scroll, those who do not like the respec have a choice and those that need it for multiple toons get multiple scrolls?

Thank you :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

What if they allowed paying for respecs with AP?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    any skill that the devs made into an entirely different mechanic or renamed should be an automatic refund of skill point or respec back to unmorphed. (i.e. sea of flames/cauterize was never in my line of thinking when they changed it)

I liked when they did that in the past. Just certain skills were reset.

People keep mentioning a free scroll. How many? I have 8 characters, but only 2 are v16. 2 are around v1-2. The others would be pretty cheap to respec. If I get 8 respec scrolls, I would probably only use 2 immediately. The rest would just sit in my inventory for future use.

I'm not sure how they could implement the scroll so that they could also have the scrolls expire. The closest they came to this is the anniversary cake, but that could be used as much as we wanted because it was a collection item.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we've selected where to spend points and those choices have changed, we deserve the ability to rechoose for free.
    Just as the CP on PTS was reset upon login. Only thing Z should do is make it an option, so those who take whatever redesign Z pushes out as-is won't have their game interrupted.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    By free respec we mean a scroll what we can use to respec instead of forcing us to respec on all our characters we own.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GeertKarel wrote: »
    By free respec we mean a scroll what we can use to respec instead of forcing us to respec on all our characters we own.

How many scrolls per account? 8? I would love that.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on May 1, 2016 3:57AM
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol I never said anything about the damage of a weapon. You telling me no magicka people ever use a single stamina skill? Never use like dual wield flurry for example even tho they are a magicka build NB? Just curious why you think people with magicka builds only use magicka and never use melee weapons or stamina skills period. Where weapon dmg might be a nice thing to have.

Just because misguided individuals might do something doesn't mean it's effective. Hybrids are bearly passable in Solo play. Frankly players trying to force them in group content is part of the reason said content is often nerfed.

Flurry scales on Weapon Damage and Max Stamina. It will be gimped (deal terrible damage) on a build that stacks into Magicka and Spell Power, and splitting between them makes your skills worst overall. CP also favors either a Stamina or Magicka focus not both. That's why DK's Stamina skills were changed to Poison damage, and NB's to Disease.

A Magicka NB might use Flurry, but it will deal crap damage versus their native option of Concealed Weapon if a CQC is needed. It's usage also hinders blocking, dodging, and free break, since the Magicka NB is using a skill that eats into their their smaller Stamina pool.

Magicka builds use Dual Swords not for access to Stamina skills but for an extra set piece, more Spell Power, and increased damage thanks to the Twin Blade and Blunt passive.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you did.

"even if you use magicka at some point you need to use your weapon, so you need weapon damage".

When you say something so blatantly wrong, you're just wrong and I don't think of any other option than admitting it. It's not disagreeing, it's just being wrong. Happens to the best of us, just "oops and lay low" for once ?

And no, no proper magicka build will ever use a single stamina skill for dealing damage. For mobility or other usage, maybe, but not for dealing damage. Magicka builds do NOT need to boost weapon damage in any way and those skill points would be totally wasted in this passive. So yes magicka builds NEED to respec. Not want : NEED.

The reverse is valid for stam builds who will never use magicka based abilities for healing or dealing damage.

It's not a choice, it's the game design. The way the game simply works. If you don't make a clear choice between stamina and magicka as a damage dealer you'll perform very poorly. Hybrid builds are only valid for tanking. And healers must go full magicka anyway, they don't have a stamina option (or at least I don't think they have one).

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 1, 2016 5:33AM
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    As someone who has 8 max level character of different factions and providing different sets and gear set ups and playstyles etc I honestly can't afford to spend gold to respec all of my characters, each skill respec is 10,000 gold for me and 3,000 for the champion points. Last Patch I barely had any gold at all to respec my main character.

Please provide free respecs, perhaps supply people with a respec scroll, those who do not like the respec have a choice and those that need it for multiple toons get multiple scrolls?

Thank you :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The changes are substantial and I'm pretty sure this will happen.