The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

ZOS Please Provide Free Respec For Dark Brotherhood

Nifty2g
Nifty2g
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As someone who has 8 max level character of different factions and providing different sets and gear set ups and playstyles etc I honestly can't afford to spend gold to respec all of my characters, each skill respec is 10,000 gold for me and 3,000 for the champion points. Last Patch I barely had any gold at all to respec my main character.

Please provide free respecs, perhaps supply people with a respec scroll, those who do not like the respec have a choice and those that need it for multiple toons get multiple scrolls?

Thank you :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Nifty2g on April 30, 2016 10:33PM
#MOREORBS
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free or a reduce for a limited time, yes
    Forced, NO!
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Free or a reduce for a limited time, yes
    Forced, NO!
    That's why I mentioned to include a respec scroll
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you need to completely redo all of your characters? I see a lot of changes but only for my stamina character. I dont really see a need to reallocate champ points either on the stamina characters. They already have the right champ "perks" already. Just the skill morphs basically I need to redo on the stamina guys.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you need to completely redo all of your characters? I see a lot of changes but only for my stamina character. I dont really see a need to reallocate champ points either on the stamina characters. They already have the right champ "perks" already. Just the skill morphs basically I need to redo on the stamina guys.
    Because there are changes to every class which requires a respec, remorphing usually leaves you need a few more skill points to get something else.

Champion System tends to change as well almost all the time
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Because there are changes to every class which requires a respec, remorphing usually leaves you need a few more skill points to get something else.

To me it seems more you just want to change them all not need to. In that case I dont see why it should be free.
    Options
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, it adds up quick with multiple chars.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They may aswell force the full respec.

Currently any non maxed character past lvl 5 will need to do a skill and attribute reset to unlock the points that will be granted from 1-50 in DB. There is a 50% chance that won't be fixed before the DLC update goes live. Meaning the vast majority of characters will need a reset anyways, and it's not fair to force players to pay because some have an issue with a reset.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Currently any non maxed character past lvl 5 will need to do a skill and attribute reset to unlock the points that will be granted from 1-50 in DB. There is a 50% chance that won't be fixed before the DLC update goes live. Meaning the vast majority of characters will need a reset anyways, and it's not fair to force players to pay because some have an issue with a reset.

They already said they arent going to do the forced respec thing anymore. I suspect they will make it cheap for a week or two after DB launches to respec at the shrine.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To me it seems more you just want to change them all not need to. In that case I dont see why it should be free.

An example would be Fighter's Guild Passives. Some use to be beneficial to all builds, now that will not be the case for Magicka builds.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »

An example would be Fighter's Guild Passives. Some use to be beneficial to all builds, now that will not be the case for Magicka builds.

I am about 99.99% sure they will just make it cheap for a week or two after DB launches like I said above. I dont see them giving out free ones.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am about 99.99% sure they will just make it cheap for a week or two after DB launches like I said above. I dont see them giving out free ones.

I provided you will an example of 'needing' to respec since you thought there was none. Parroting you personally pet theory wasn't needed.

The respec shrines are not the Crown Store. ZOS will not have coded in a method to easily reduce the cost since there is more calculations based on character metrics. ZOS could more easily send every character a free respec srcoll voucher than they could reduce the cost of the shrines for a limited time.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I provided you will an example of 'needing' to respec since you thought there was none. Parroting you personally pet theory wasn't needed.

The respec shrines are not the Crown Store. ZOS will not have coded in a method to easily reduce the cost since there is more calculations based on character metrics. ZOS could more easily send every character a free respec srcoll voucher than they could reduce the cost of the shrines for a limited time.

I dont see it as a "need" they are still useful maybe not as useful but still useful. So thats more a want to reallocate points than a need to.

Also why do you need it be from the crown store. If they make it like 1g per point for a week isnt that better than spending your cash?
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 30, 2016 6:11PM
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont see it as a "need" they are still useful maybe not as useful but still useful. So thats more a want to reallocate points than a need to.

You seriously think passives that only apply to Stamina skills would be useful on a Magicka character?

Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You seriously think passives that only apply to Stamina skills would be useful on a Magicka character?

Thats entirely another thread to argue how these changes affect magicka users who use FG skills. Kind of off topic too. Its a matter of opinion whether its a "need" or a "want". It doesnt matter anyways all they have to do is like they did with TG and make respecs dirt cheap on the shrine. Then you can respec all your characters and you wont have to spend a lot of gold to do it.

As far as free I dont see it happening. Thats just my opinion just like the whole needing to respec is your opinion. Remember as well that this is early in testing. Things could change drastically between now and then as far as how these skills affect magicka builds.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 30, 2016 6:15PM
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats entirely another thread to argue how these changes affect magicka users who use FG skills. Kind of off topic too. Its a matter of opinion whether its a "need" or a "want". It doesnt matter anyways all they have to do is like they did with TG and make respecs dirt cheap on the shrine. Then you can respec all your characters and you wont have to spend a lot of gold to do it.

As far as free I dont see it happening. Thats just my opinion just like the whole needing to respec is your opinion.

"Slayer: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon Damage by 1/2/3% for each Fighters Guild ability slotted at Ranks I/II/III respectively, instead of increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 3/6/9% against Undead and Daedra."

That Passives has 0 use for a dedicated Magicka build. Get caught just change the subject. Such tactics, lol.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As far as free I dont see it happening. Thats just my opinion just like the whole needing to respec is your opinion.

"Slayer: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon Damage by 1/2/3% for each Fighters Guild ability slotted at Ranks I/II/III respectively, instead of increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 3/6/9% against Undead and Daedra."

That Passives has 0 use for a dedicated Magicka build. Get caught just change the subject. Such tactics, lol.

Magicka builds dont need weapon damage?
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 30, 2016 6:20PM
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly can't afford to spend gold to respec all of my characters, each skill respec is 10,000 gold for me and 3,000 for the champion points.

Also hope we get free respec, but 10k per character is not bad compared to the old days when it was 70-80k
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? You know Magicka skills scale with Spell Power, Right?
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes but its a passive doesnt cost you but a few points and even if you use magicka at some point you need to use your weapon. So its not useless to all builds. So for some maybe you are right. Not for all. So again its not a need its a want in my opinion. If you dont want that wep dmg basically for free then thats your choice. Not something you should get free respecs for.
    Options
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but its a passive doesnt cost you but a few points and even if you use magicka at some point you need to use your weapon. So its not useless to all builds. So for some maybe you are right. Not for all. So again its not a need its a want in my opinion. If you dont want that wep dmg basically for free then thats your choice. Not something you should get free respecs for.

Fantastic, you've expressed your opinion now stop trying to force it on others.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks!

I always hated those forced respecs... having to redo ALL the skills? Meh.

A free scroll? Would also be annoying to me - throwing me crap I would not use, but have to store on the off chance that maaaybe someday...

If anything, then maybe reduced cost for a week after the update...

But generally I say, if you want to change something, buy it. Not like the gold is hard to come by, I earn myself the costs mentioned in an hour or two gaming on a average day, just doing the usual... not like the game has much in the way of endgame gold sinks in the first place.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, by chance do you live under a bridge?
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks!

A free scroll? Would also be annoying to me - throwing me crap I would not use, but have to store on the off chance that maaaybe someday...

But generally I say, if you want to change something, buy it. Not like the gold is hard to come by, I earn myself the costs mentioned in an hour or two gaming on a average day, just doing the usual... not like the game has much in the way of endgame gold sinks in the first place.
    I understand how people hate them, but players who have maxed characters and multiple characters and who play for competitive and keep up to date whether it be for PvP or PvE, they suffer a lot as majority of the time don't have a lot of gold especially to waste on respecs
    Edited by Nifty2g on April 30, 2016 6:45PM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks!

Yes, because you can earn that gold without any issue, not a single other person in the game may have trouble affording it. And if they can't, they should just L2P. I agree completely. It's not like people could have less time to play, not be part of a trading guild, or just have more characters affected than you.

I also agree that destroying that scroll you have no need for would be an extreme inconvenience. Best to not just get it at all.
    Edited by CromulentForumID on April 30, 2016 6:51PM
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because you can earn that gold without any issue, not a single other person in the game may have trouble affording it. And if they can't, they should just L2P. I agree completely. It's not like people could have less time to play, not be part of a trading guild, or just have more characters affected than you.
    Not part of a trading guild... eight characters... I do occasionally have some time to play, true.
    But come on... its not like earning money is hard in the game. Just... L2S (learn to steal). Or even merely play through the dailies.
    I am just a little tired of all those "give us free stuff so we don't have to spend any effort" things... yeah, things get changed. So what? No reason to really need a respec in most cases... and those few where maybe one seems applicable, well, like mentioned, it doesn't take too long to earn.
    And if you really cannot be bothered to spend the time... then buy yourself some crown respec scrolls. Play or pay. But why should they give out free respec scrolls so they'd be certain never to sell one of their crown scrolls to any impatient foo... uhm... player?
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They already said they arent going to do the forced respec thing anymore. I suspect they will make it cheap for a week or two after DB launches to respec at the shrine.

Just because they say doesn't mean it can't still happen. Logging into the PTS, my main somehow had all CP reset.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just because they say doesn't mean it can't still happen. Logging into the PTS, my main somehow had all CP reset.

What happens on PTS typically doesnt happen on live tho. As far as like resetting skills etc. They said at PAX for sure no forced respec ever again.
    Options
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has 8 max level character of different factions and providing different sets and gear set ups and playstyles etc I honestly can't afford to spend gold to respec all of my characters, each skill respec is 10,000 gold for me and 3,000 for the champion points. Last Patch I barely had any gold at all to respec my main character.

Please provide free respecs, perhaps supply people with a respec scroll for those who complain, but they are very much needed at this point when including a lot of changes per major update.

Thank you :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

What who you pay for respecs?
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be a nice gesture
    Options
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

Yes but its a passive doesnt cost you but a few points and even if you use magicka at some point you need to use your weapon. So its not useless to all builds. So for some maybe you are right. Not for all. So again its not a need its a want in my opinion. If you dont want that wep dmg basically for free then thats your choice. Not something you should get free respecs for.[/quote]

Yeah, by chance do you live under a bridge?[/quote]

He really does. I rarely post but every post I've ever seen of his is funny. You can never change his mind on something even if you provide proof he will spin it some other way.

Options