Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trueflame Eu-Pc

• AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres so much crap over the last few pages im not even sure who to argue with.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

To be honest, I've seen other MMO's get to this stage - where PVP ends up dominated by a small number of very effective guilds - then pvp dies cos the pugs all leave.

But Cyrodiil is dominated by the pug zergs right now. There's literally nothing except mindless swarms of players running around. Guild groups get wiped really quickly by destro ultis and negates so if a guild wants to play the map they usually have to PvDoor keeps before the swarm arrives or they might get overrun quickly.

I guess Im just not seeing what youre seeing.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

To be honest, I've seen other MMO's get to this stage - where PVP ends up dominated by a small number of very effective guilds - then pvp dies cos the pugs all leave.

But Cyrodiil is dominated by the pug zergs right now. There's literally nothing except mindless swarms of players running around. Guild groups get wiped really quickly by destro ultis and negates so if a guild wants to play the map they usually have to PvDoor keeps before the swarm arrives or they might get overrun quickly.

I guess not. I suppose there are two sides to everything.

I wouldn't even say pug zergs though.. That implies some kind of grouping and therefore co-ordination. Its more like armies of loners all rushing to the same crossed swords. It definitely happens that guild groups get overwhelmed by numbers - but how many times have the guys wiping you been wiped by you beforehand? It is a toxic mechanic - and I'm not blaming any guild group for running it - it's Zos that made it so effective - but as a sole zergling, you see that ball group in the distance full of swirly fire, stormcouds and ice, all moving with major expedition, with a few streakers (oo-er) etc. in front to catch the runners, you KNOW that if you get anywhere near shooting range, you're dead(unless you can run major + minor exped, and have plenty of stam to sprint). It makes people avoid combat - it makes the whole area a no-go area, cos sooner or later you get caught.
    And without some pug leaders to open up other fronts (which it seems we're short of at the mo), well, there's nothing to do other than go tome-hunting instead. Thing is - you go to where the fight is - but those groups are so effective, you can't fight, you just avoid till get bored of getting caught then leave. That's my problem. Where the action is, you just can't get a fight anymore.

Have a lot of respect for you guys for doing what you do so well - I'm just worried that with the current meta for it - it will ultimately lead to a decline in PVP.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't even say pug zergs though.. That implies some kind of grouping and therefore co-ordination. Its more like armies of loners all rushing to the same crossed swords. It definitely happens that guild groups get overwhelmed by numbers - but how many times have the guys wiping you been wiped by you beforehand? It is a toxic mechanic - and I'm not blaming any guild group for running it - it's Zos that made it so effective - but as a sole zergling, you see that ball group in the distance full of swirly fire, stormcouds and ice, all moving with major expedition, with a few streakers (oo-er) etc. in front to catch the runners, you KNOW that if you get anywhere near shooting range, you're dead(unless you can run major + minor exped, and have plenty of stam to sprint). It makes people avoid combat - it makes the whole area a no-go area, cos sooner or later you get caught.
    And without some pug leaders to open up other fronts (which it seems we're short of at the mo), well, there's nothing to do other than go tome-hunting instead. Thing is - you go to where the fight is - but those groups are so effective, you can't fight, you just avoid till get bored of getting caught then leave. That's my problem. Where the action is, you just can't get a fight anymore.

Have a lot of respect for you guys for doing what you do so well - I'm just worried that with the current meta for it - it will ultimately lead to a decline in PVP.

Well there are fewer ball groups like that running around nowadays. They're more visible, true, but that's just because there's little action happening on multiple fronts, as you said. But overall, there are fewer players, fewer organised guild groups, and fewer pug lords.
    And what's left after OT hit packs in uncoordinated large swarms. In my opinion, zergball groups aren't the problem. It's the 40+ AD/EP/DC stacking at one spot because they know they can't survive otherwise. Can't blame them though now - they would just one shotted with tremor/viper/selene/velidreth/widowmaker should they venture a bit further from the mass.
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kGfoq.gif
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    kGfoq.gif
    Can I have whatever you're grinding off of your claws?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Master Kas complaining about nightcap is like Wrobel complaining about proc gear.

Still entertaining revival of the thread though!

Show me when I even tried to siege a trikeep past 1-2 o clock in the morning with a organized group Kris. I'll make a character named "Kris is a lord" when you do so. Recent events plx.

But yeah, atleast the thread is alive :D
    Babe, I've capped quite a few maps with you during the night, against underwhelming opposition. It's just silly to complain about this particular thing since everybody does and has done it, including yourself, including myself.

You're not going to bullcrap anyone with a bit of PvP experience in the main campaign.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master Kas complaining about nightcap is like Wrobel complaining about proc gear.

Show me when I even tried to siege a trikeep past 1-2 o clock in the morning with a organized group Kris. I'll make a character named "Kris is a lord" when you do so. Recent events plx.

Babe, I've capped quite a few maps with you during the night, against underwhelming opposition. It's just silly to complain about this particular thing since everybody every faction does and has done it, including yourself, including myself.

You're not going to bullcrap anyone with a bit of PvP experience in the main campaign.

Some people still have self respect
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Babe, I've capped quite a few maps with you during the night, against underwhelming opposition. It's just silly to complain about this particular thing since everybody does and has done it, including yourself, including myself.

Yawn. So I've been Pvdooring farragut and kings with emp, and a organised group vs a handful of EP 6 in the morning? Keep dreaming.

What I have done is assisted in crowning myself or some friend (meaning ring keeps, not trikeeps btw) in the offhours. Wasn't with any kind of organised group tough. Gate camping ? Nope, not since i left EP/NL which was quite some cycles ago.

But whatever floats your boat you salty lizard. :wink:
    Edited by Master_Kas on November 4, 2016 5:36PM
    EU | PC
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @Valencer , to me its because 90% of a faction is stacking somewhere, either to take down a guild raid either to take a keep that the PvP is declining that much. Back in 1.3-1.6 (the times I was almost exclusively playing solo) there was many more guild raids yet it was barely an issue as a solo player to find smallscale because there was still people clever/brave enough to fight away from the farming raids and the pug zergs. Now with the lower pop caps and that the playerbase has renewed, the few people trying to smallscale either have to go to a spot where a guild raid is either have to face a giant army of pugs to find fights, and neither of those are enjoyable.
    And well what we usually name pug zergs in eso are pretty much always a bunch of ungrouped people stacking with the lfg group(s), the fact that they are ungrouped barely matters as they will still follow the flow on alessia bridge or where ballgroups are farming them.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yawn. So I've been Pvdooring farragut and kings with emp, and a organised group vs a handful of EP 6 in the morning? Keep dreaming.

What I have done is assisted in crowning myself or some friend (meaning ring keeps, not trikeeps btw) in the offhours. Wasn't with any kind of organised group tough. Gate camping ? Nope, not since i left EP/NL which was quite some cycles ago.

You're still trying to bullcrap someone who has a bit of PvP experience in the main campaign. Don't bother, you're starting to sound like a certain chav.

@Etaniel: Ganking with some friends between keeps or taking a resource and waiting for scrubs is selfrespect? Do you need a ladder to get on that horse?

Not a single experienced PvP player is a saint.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're still trying to bullcrap someone who has a bit of PvP experience in the main campaign. Don't bother, you're starting to sound like a certain chav.

@Etaniel: Ganking with some friends between keeps or taking a resource and waiting for scrubs is selfrespect? Do you need a ladder to get on that horse?

Not a single experienced PvP player is a saint.

Next you are going to say "playing in Cyro is self respect perhaps?"
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selfrespect is a rather hard to define thing. While you may proudly proclaim you have selfrespect because you don't nightcap, someone else might laugh and point out that farming scrubs in Azura's Star has little to do with selfrespect.
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selfrespect is a rather hard to define thing. While you may proudly proclaim you have selfrespect because you don't nightcap, someone else might laugh and point out that farming scrubs in Azura's Star has little to do with selfrespect.

This made my day! Keep up the good work, really! :smile:
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment fights are so few and concentrated on the map, that ball groups dictate the locations of those, while smallscalers are forced to share the same spots to find any action at all.

Small scalers of course get Dawson'ed if they are partaking in the action since most EU ballgroups don't hesitate to dump a fully charged group attack with 3 eots even on soloers. Those groups mainly consist of mediocre players. So they still manage to lose some Lemmings when tryharding, which is quite fun to watch sometimes.

Nonetheless, being insta chased by 8-12 lowskill ts minions whenever I decide to have some action is dull and sad.

So yeah, mainly responsible for the current sadness of pvp are ball groups, especially the ones running major groups before primetime, speaking as a solo player, since they bind the little pvp that's left in endless farming dumbness, forcing pugs to clump, reducing the number of fights on the map even further.

So my appeal to all you handholding heroes: spread out on the map, create more fights, make pvp better instead of running brainless in circles around a resource while being oftentimes the biggest zerg on the map yourself.

Love.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After more than 2.5 years of the same monkeys running back and forth the same location(s), I think @Mojomonkeyman is asking the monkeys to do tricks they have not yet learned.

Saddest thing about PvP these days is that even the most basic tactics seem to have been 'forgotten' by almost all players.
    Something as simple as flanking the zerg that's camping a resource instead of attacking head-on and uphill, 50/50-ing keeps behind enemy lines and so on are a thing of the past and replaced by endlessly throwing corpses dressed up in Wrobel attire at the few locations where the monkeys congregate.

A sad, sad state of affairs which is a blindingly bright reflection of the current player base and the mechanics that allow this player base to exist.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 5, 2016 6:33PM
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tired meme requesting assisted suicide.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive actively played in Cyrodiil for 2 years now and my experience tells me that if you have to assure yourself and everyone around you something was an epic late night struggle instead of a boring PvDoor job, it probably wasn't.

But hey, so long as you're having fun, right? It's a game after all.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's complain about the weather, more productive.
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    Buy an umbrella in crown store
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loicozor wrote: »
    Buy an umbrella in crown store
    Thats P2W :blush:

~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umbrella yaddiyaddi proc gear yaddiyaddi Wrobel is a primate yaddiyaddi play more Minecraft.
  • Syrana
    Syrana
    ✭✭
    oh well that happens when u cant sleep :')
    Edited by Syrana on November 6, 2016 8:18PM
    DC | Syraana - Sorc | AR 50 Grand Overlord

EP | Syrana van Ägid - Sorc | AR 39
    EP | -Syrana - Templar | AR 25
    EP | -Syranella - Mag NB | AR 10
    EP | Syranella - Stam NB | AR 12
    DC | Just One More Proc - Stam NB | AR 16
    DC | 'Syrana - Mag Warden | AR 26

PC EU
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an achievement for the amount of excuses that people comes up with?
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • cokris
    cokris
    ✭✭
    We can point at a number of reasons to why the state of the pvp is what it is atm, but putting the blame solely to the organised groups is naive aswell. Lately I've seen so many randoms in chat "Lf ap farming group". The mindset of the pugs have changed into a farming mode instead of just going into cyrodiil to have fun.

On top of that, we don't educate our pugs anymore. Back in 1.whatever we educated the pugs on how to handle different builds, situations, sieges etc. I see none of this anymore, and I get it, people get tired of putting in the effort, but we can't really QQ about people not knowing how to play when no one is teaching them. Only so many have the patience learning by trial and error, especially if they have no idea what there is to choose between.

To be able to change the state of pvp in general would take a collective effort of all parties, and let's just face it, it's not going to happen. The time when guilds had the power of the campaigns and could sit down and agree on terms to not destroy the campaigns is over, and I doubt that we will ever get there again.
    Banana Squad | KiteSquad |
    Ciara + Caíth + Cassiia + other toons starting with a C
    Faction jumper < 3
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just endless and mindless zerging with a pinch of TS metablobs using Destro Ulti.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just endless and mindless zerging with a pinch of TS metablobs using Destro Ulti.

That seems to be all we ever come up against now. We go take a resource, we maybe get one blue come and see what happens - next minute we're steamrollered by a full raid or more! (This goes for AD as well.) I'm sure AD and DC feel the same way.

ESO is not the game it was, it's not as much fun as it once was. I still love the PvP but I can't find the same mojo for it anymore. Plus there's loads of people I miss who don't play anymore. Just waiting for the next decent MMO with good co-ordinated PvP...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

That seems to be all we ever come up against now. We go take a resource, we maybe get one blue come and see what happens - next minute we're steamrollered by a full raid or more! (This goes for AD as well.) I'm sure AD and DC feel the same way.

ESO is not the game it was, it's not as much fun as it once was. I still love the PvP but I can't find the same mojo for it anymore. Plus there's loads of people I miss who don't play anymore. Just waiting for the next decent MMO with good co-ordinated PvP...

Camelot Unchained =P
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    Nermy wrote: »

Camelot Unchained =P

We hope ;)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)