The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spy Addon Group Damage

• MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are seriously wining about a raid DPS addon?! What have mmo's come to... As has already been stated, experienced players don't need hard numbers to know how good or bad you are doing in a dungeon. All they need is to look at what you're wearing an what you're casting. I know how good or bad a dungeon is going to go with PuGs on the first trash pull of any dungeon, if I don't already know by their gear and buffs, or lack there of.
    Edited by MikeB on January 15, 2016 1:43AM
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the add-on and I would love if ZOS would modify the API so that it becomes more reliable and easier to use.
    In trials with progress groups it is fun to compare the DPS and to see how well you are doing. And it is also good if the leader can see who needs to improve, so nobody is slowing down the progress of the group.

And if somebody kicks you because you have bad DPS, then that guy is probably a person that you don't want to run with anyway. I know nobody, who expects 20k+ DPS from a random.

But to be honest, I think this addon would be a good thing for not so experienced players as well. Compare your DPS and get better. Maybe group with someone else and see their high DPS and ask them for advice. Don't be afraid to ask.
    And don't get angry if someone tells you that you could do something better. They might actually be right.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.
    very frustrating that eso allows these types of things, i hate it.

I'm sorry, but its not possible to hide low dps from experienced teammates.
    Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.

Well...I and another DD with 14k dps pugged CoA for gold the other day, got the speed run easily without skipping much and got told that was some of the best dps they'd seen in the dungeon because we survived. The only two deaths were the healer and other DD right at the end of the Ash Titan because they got caught by the add on the last 2% of boss health.

The only time you really need that dps is for the burn strategies in ICP and perhaps WGT (but I find that one easier).
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Asmodean
    Asmodean
    ✭✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    I love the add-on and I would love if ZOS would modify the API so that it becomes more reliable and easier to use.
    In trials with progress groups it is fun to compare the DPS and to see how well you are doing. And it is also good if the leader can see who needs to improve, so nobody is slowing down the progress of the group.

And if somebody kicks you because you have bad DPS, then that guy is probably a person that you don't want to run with anyway. I know nobody, who expects 20k+ DPS from a random.

But to be honest, I think this addon would be a good thing for not so experienced players as well. Compare your DPS and get better. Maybe group with someone else and see their high DPS and ask them for advice. Don't be afraid to ask.
    And don't get angry if someone tells you that you could do something better. They might actually be right.

I agree with this (even though, I currently don't use this addon). The problem doesn't lie with the dps meters. It's the players who abuse this information. This can be the case with anything else really.

I actually find the lack of (optional) info presented in the game, a bit frustrating sometimes. For instance - the fact that you need a 3rd-party addon just to see how much your abilities hit for lol.. and so on.
    Edited by Asmodean on January 15, 2016 1:45AM
  • tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭
    Best add on in the game besides FTC. Lets me see when i pug a group for hrc and I do 40% of the total damage.
    PC/NA/AD
    Queen Ella - Mag DK - Tank/Healer/DPS
    Dunmer DK Cant Even - Stam DK - DPS/Tank
    Im bad at healing - Mag Templar - DPS/Healer
    Tangy Citrus - NB - Mistake
    #1 AD P.O.S.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Yay now more elitists will kick me from their pledge group because I don't have 45k dps

this is disturbing.

Even when I'm tanking, I see how long the fight lasts and I can tell if dds are above or below average. ;)

P.S. I've never seen anyone being kicked from a random pug for not having 45k. :D People are not getting kicked for posting 8-12 (well, usually).
    Attempt to do anything that's not Wayrest Sewers or Spindeclutch and people will complain if you don't have 15k and if you go into CoA, if you have below 30-40k prepare to get called a noob and kicked.

Well...I and another DD with 14k dps pugged CoA for gold the other day, got the speed run easily without skipping much and got told that was some of the best dps they'd seen in the dungeon because we survived. The only two deaths were the healer and other DD right at the end of the Ash Titan because they got caught by the add on the last 2% of boss health.

The only time you really need that dps is for the burn strategies in ICP and perhaps WGT (but I find that one easier).
    Funny because I do get kicked from PUGs because I got 15k dps without Overload, and 30k with it and I still get kicked because apparently that's not meta and bad.

Actually I quit doing CoA pledge simply because the PUGs are *** and the elitists kick you if your health is 1 point below their meta number.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

Funny because I do get kicked from PUGs because I got 15k dps without Overload, and 30k with it and I still get kicked because apparently that's not meta and bad.

Actually I quit doing CoA pledge simply because the PUGs are *** and the elitists kick you if your health is 1 point below their meta number.

I'm a vampire Sorcerer with 16k health and 32k Overload DPS (22k without it)...can't remember the last time I died in a vCoA
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only pledge i focus on having my most dps is when ICP is gold pledge, sometimes WGT.. oh and CoH :p.. otherwise i play to enjoy mostly
    PC EU

• Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add on would be fine if it was still applicable to player consent. But it seems that it guages DPS from other players without their say-so.
    If this is indeed the case, then at the very least it needs to be edited.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

this is disturbing.

I'm a vampire Sorcerer with 16k health and 32k Overload DPS (22k without it)...can't remember the last time I died in a vCoA
    Based on in game conversations, my 19k health 30k overload dps sorc that's not a vamp is not enough, one guy even said you need 25k health or you get kicked.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this is disturbing.

Based on in game conversations, my 19k health 30k overload dps sorc that's not a vamp is not enough, one guy even said you need 25k health or you get kicked.
    Lol, 25k hp is so much wasted dps. Even both of my tanks have less than that :)

For vet dungeons you'll be fine with ~10k dps, more is only needed if you want to ignore mechanics (like on icp 2nd boss). So if someone kickes you for your dps, it's either because you lied about your experience (when someone looks for a group to do a nodeath run and doesn't have a clue what he's doing, I will kick him aswell) or the person who kicks you doesn't have much experience and feels uncomfortable if the other dd (you in this case) can't carry him through the dungeon.
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for an addon like this to come out since the launch of the game so of course I want it to stay. What is wrong with other people seeing your numbers?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I don't think it is a problem for other people to know my dps and hps. The game is much better when the elitists good players wall themselves off from the people who are having fun baddies who waste their time.

Fixed.

You just proved my point.

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this 2 days ago and I'm loving it. Makes me realise all those trash talking pricks can barely even pull their own weight. Like there was this sorc running 15k health and it made me uneasy to roll coa as a healer with him. He was like no worries bro I've done vet wgt and vet icp no probs. then in coa, die die die die and barely pulled 8-10k dps. Done vet icp/wgt.... No frigging way. Kicked that noob and got a guildie. Coa cleared in the next 15 mins.

No one cares if your build is not meta. I'm not going to complain in a pug group if ur dps is not 209288290182920k. But if ur pulling under 10 and constantly dying your wasting the time of 3 other people. You deserve the boot and no one should be required to carry you. They can if they want to heck I do it all the time. But the basics such as staying alive need to be met lol.

If you're a half decent player you shouldn't be worried about this add on. If you get kicked cos you only pulled 14k dps but you weren't dying cos of stupid then you should be Glad. The pricks who kicked you aren't the kind of friends you want to have. I have no problems with people not pulling top tier dps. The problems come in when they don't pull enough Dps, don't know mechanics and keep dying thereby wasting the whole party's time.
    Edited by Vangy on January 15, 2016 5:51AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Overbowed
    Overbowed
    ✭✭✭
    I love this addon, welcome to mmo's. You missed the rpg section by a longshot.
    Overbowed - Stam Nightblade
    Obxhdkalfjakdzytaeol - Stam DK
    Damaged Over Time - Mag DK
    Crit Happens - Mag Sorc
    Thunderclock - Stam Sorc
    Bubblegum the Beast Poker - Ugly Templar

Overboob of We Wipe On Trash
    Min-Maxer, Troll, and brutally honest.
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...I play on the PS4 so I dont get the luxury of this kind of stuff....but why the hell wouldn't you be ok with people seeing your DPS? If you're that ashamed of a number you really need better things to do with your life. This type of info is included in most mmo's and it MEANS NOTHING AS TO WHO YOU ARE. It's a game. Let people see. If you let a digital number with 0 meaning in the real world impact you like I've seen here you have more issues going than your DPS.
    Edited by M_TeK_9 on January 15, 2016 6:37AM
  • Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    This add on shows me that im doing 90% on the damage in vet pledges lol. Group damage is the best add on.
    World first level 50 horse
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmodean wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    But allowing an addon to see others dps and healing information without their permission is the wrong path for ESO. And if this is the case, it will also soon become a required addon on the pvp battlefield, especially if it allows you to see other factions dps and heals.

While I'm not arguing with any of your points / opinions. I wanted to point out, that the way the current ESO API handles the 'visibility' of this info, and the hacky way this mod is circumventing those limitations. I can't ever see this being used in Cyrodiil. Unless you wanted about 6 fps, and 900 latency, from all of the crunching the addon would be doing xD

Actually, I believe it is already is being used in Cyrodiil.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Function wrote: »
    I have been waiting for an addon like this to come out since the launch of the game so of course I want it to stay. What is wrong with other people seeing your numbers?
    What's wrong with people seeing my numbers? The same reason it's wrong to inspect other people's gear.
    It is my information that you are snooping when it is not wanted.

If it was among consensual group or guild members, that's one thing. But this add on spys on people without their say so and (I imagine) their knowledge.

It is fine to have your standards, but it is wrong to force those standards upon others.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is disturbing.

this is disturbing.

Wat. :| I honestly cant believe that.
    And people that ask a dd to get 25k hp are not elitists, they just have no idea what they're talking about.
    Speaking of meta... Overload sorcs are current meta because they can pull very high numbers. Also your group members cant see your gear so they cant judge, unless you spammed the chat with all the unorthodox gear you have.
    And with 30k dps they shouldnt even notice any issues... You should be able to kill the daedroth before he gets a shield, for example, even if the second dd is bad. Considering how low average playr's dps is, I cant imagine that any pug group can blame you for that, and I cant believe that it happens in every single pug group, sorry. Even if that's true, the should be something else, not related to dps.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY LMFAOOOOOO
    World first level 50 horse
  • ralonasan
    ralonasan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Good, sick of zos spoonfeeding players so they can lie qbout their dps as it's some kind of insecurity, now it's out there how it really is and you won't be scared to ask to fix it

This.
    The ESO Forum Common Complaint Checklist: ☑
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Sorcerers.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Nightblades.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Dragonknights.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Templars.
    ☐ THIS IS P2W!
    ☐ L2P n00b.
    ☐ Where is the LOL button??
    ☐ Fix PvP lag.
    ☐ LFG is full of scrubs.
    ☐ WHEN WILL YOU ADD CONSOLE TEXT CHAT?
    ☐ WHEN ARE ARENAS COMING?
    ☐ Natch Potes.
    ☐ Nerf Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
    ☐ Race Change ETA?
    ☐ Please add the Barber Shop!
    ☐ Why don't Trials scale?
    ☐ Working as intended.
    ☐ Why did you nerf/buff this?
    ☐ When will "thing" be added?
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue is not the add on but the attitude of the players. Rather than being afraid someone might notice how low your dps is, embrace it. You want to play heavy armor Magicka with a bow? That's great and if you enjoy the game that way, just play it. What does it change when people know how much dps you do with it? Be proud, tell them that's how you love to play. Period.

You get kicked from pugs? Well either run with friends or get the next group. I can tell low dps without a add on and I bet most people can.

Don't be so insecure. Either play how you love it and defend your playstyle or change your build to improve.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, that Deadroth gets a shield? :o

So, back to topic, players which care about their performance are willing to share it and take suggestions to optimitze it.

Players experiencend enought recognize bad performance without the Addon.

So, why do we need it again?
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    What's wrong with people seeing my numbers? The same reason it's wrong to inspect other people's gear.

If it was among consensual group or guild members, that's one thing. But this add on spys on people without their say so and (I imagine) their knowledge.

It is fine to have your standards, but it is wrong to force those standards upon others.

They could have an option to not share this info. Then all the special snowflakes who think their dps and gear in an mmo (especially in a party where everyone's time is on the line) is private can all play together. Every single mmo I've played so far has had a group damage meter. Why do you think it's wrong to inspect someone's gear or Dps? If I'm going to a sword fight with you on my team its my right to want to know if youre going to be swinging a wooden sword cos you're likely going to get me killed. I'd quickly find a New companion who has an iron one or even better... Someone who brings a gun lol. Like it or not when you're looking for a party it's like sitting for an interview. If u failed your exams you ain't gona get the job. You can't just say oh i don't want you to inspect my previous job achievements and exam grades. However I do agree that no one should be able to inspect your gear or see what kind of Dps you are doing if you strictly play solo. In a group everyone should and must know if they are all contributing to the group. Encouraging leeching shouldn't be a thing. Like many have pointed out, most people who pug do not expect crazy numbers from members. Just a minimum competency like let's say 10k+ dps. If your a half decent player you shouldn't be worried about this. If you are a heavy armor wearing, resto staff dd who pulls 5k dps you should get kicked.
    Edited by Vangy on January 15, 2016 7:18AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right, your busted. We now know when players are or aren't pulling their own weight. Fortunately 1 great dps can easily carry a terrible dps through any 4 man content. Better read up on those optimized builds.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »
    Wait, that Deadroth gets a shield? :o

So, back to topic, players which care about their performance are willing to share it and take suggestions to optimitze it.

Players experiencend enought recognize bad performance without the Addon.

So, why do we need it again?

With low dps it does :)
    And if you see that, you know that both dd's werent that good even without any numbers.
    Imo those who are afraid that others might see their low dps are very, very naive. Its not like you can do 5k and pretend it was 15, any half-decent player will see that it wasnt good even if they cant see if it was 5k or 6.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »

Even without this addon I can see my damage and the boss total health and use it to calculate how high your dps was if tank and healer did no damage. (If they did significant damage I can ask them and use their numbers to calculate your correct dps value.)
    So this addon doesn't provide any additional information, it just makes it easier to work with the information you get.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand the complaints i love this addon a friend and i are having so much fun comparing our dps in fights (i'm the healer btw and i some times end on top haha we laugh a lot) there is nothing wrong with having less DPS than someone else.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • ralonasan
    ralonasan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    i don't understand the complaints i love this addon a friend and i are having so much fun comparing our dps in fights (i'm the healer btw and i some times end on top haha we laugh a lot) there is nothing wrong with having less DPS than someone else.

Of course there is. When you pull crap DPS and your group can't complete the content. That's wrong.
    The ESO Forum Common Complaint Checklist: ☑
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Sorcerers.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Nightblades.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Dragonknights.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Templars.
    ☐ THIS IS P2W!
    ☐ L2P n00b.
    ☐ Where is the LOL button??
    ☐ Fix PvP lag.
    ☐ LFG is full of scrubs.
    ☐ WHEN WILL YOU ADD CONSOLE TEXT CHAT?
    ☐ WHEN ARE ARENAS COMING?