• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Ebonheart Pact needs some Love

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    Also nobody should care about scrolls by the way, they really are only worth a resource.

"Elder Scrolls" should be more valuable then that. :angry: like you hit CN with an Elder scrolls and they're instantly kicked from the game and unable to log back in for a month. something to that effect.

Can we have friendly fire on that effect?

yeah no doubt man. DC would want that benefit just as much as any other faction :lol:
    Invictus
    Options
  • Seraph702
    Seraph702
    ✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Humphie wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Pchela wrote: »
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I have been reading through this tread and I can't speak to or won't attempt to speak to majority of what I am reading. However in regards to the part that I have been reading about EP being pop-locked (yes I know the picture that was posted was of Azura's, which I consider to be an outlying statistic) and I maybe as mixed up as a football bat but at least when I have been on Haderous and I have seen pop-locked EP most of the time it is because there are a lot of people in the sewers. Majority of the time from my experience only - the groups in the sewers hardly ever come out to play in Cyrodiil itself. If I do see them not in the sewers it is rarely in any kind of organized group. Most of the time it is in zone LFG or I get sent tells asking how they can find a group or if they can join mine. So in my opinion to say that "Oh look this faction is OK because they are pop-locked" without taking into account that a percentage of what you see maybe in IC/Sewer runs and hardly ever in Cyrodiil itself is not reasonable. When these groups do come they are usually over ran by one of the other factions. I have played in some of these groups or picked up people out of zone when I had been running solo prior starting a group. I usually end up face planting my keyboard because it is so painful to watch. Some have said the more experienced PvP'er's should teach them... most of the time - when I have picked up people out of zone (which it has been awhile since I have done this I have to admit) I either get no response from them other than to see them leaving group, running off to some other part of the map, or asking me where I get off telling them how to play. There have been rare incidences of one or two that I felt made any progress at all or I invited to join my social/pve guild (where I do sometimes help with doing pvp)- where they soon just disappear and never join back up to pvp or anything else. I have also recommended a few to guilds where I know they will get to play pvp regularly if they choose to. I have trained people to play games before playing ESO and have tried in my social/pve guild it is not an easy task. I do not have any recommendations I am just pointing out the obvious.

Guild relations in EP must improve if we are to start working together to help each other. I am sad to say that there are a few guilds out there that think that just because I am in Haxus, that means I am not here to help the campaign. They are wrong, I love to help. I like objectives, I like helping learn... but I get shut down because I am Haxus. "Why are you coming to such-and-such keep to help, aren't you Haxus? Why do you care?" was a recent PM I got. This upsets me that we have gained this reputation. Despite that, I am still going to push to teach.

From an outsiders perspective all Haxus/Nexus has shown on numerous occasions that they don't care about the map.

I never really played much with Nexus but the fact that people think this about Haxus is just silly. Ofc we care about earning AP but we also generally place having our home keeps at the top of the priority list. We make efforts to take and defend keeps constantly. Decent AP gain comes from this anyway.

Going to be 100% honest. To me this entire thread looks like this:

We need people to be competent for us so we can get more AP and hold our Emp longer. We are too good to add more people to our group.

I disagree. All I see lately in zone chat is haxus people trying to coordinate pugs and try to teach them. Same with Unruh and Frozn.
    And of corse with succeeding in that we can get emp and hold it longer. This is not about AP.

Sorry man. Pay attention to the map. It is about AP farming. I use to play with a lot of those players. I cant tell you how many times i heard I dgaf about the campaign. But thats fine. To each their own. But dont claim otherwise.

Please stop with the EP is getting double teamed. Seriously. Almost everynight i see EP taking Allessia while DC owns Chal. Not until DC pushes Arrius do they pull back. AD gets double teamed too.

IMO the faction that gets it the least is DC. Which doesnt make sense to me. It should be them everyday until they are no longer in 1st. Also they have the most organized raids by far. They could defend against AD and EP better than vice versa.

Salty.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Its not even a question of does EP farm. Its a question of:

1. Should we farm Allessia Farm?
    2. Should we farm Fargyl Mine?
    3. Should we farm Allessia Bridge?

Am i right?

nah elongo hes confirmed right hes mad cuzz he gets farmed everyday ^.^ by meeeee looooool
    Dynamic
    Praise be to Unruh our Let it Rain Lord and Savior
    Options
  • Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP doesn't need more people it needs good players to train up weaker ones. Guilds rerolliing at this point is only going to tip the scales another way and we all know it. Wake me up when EP is getting gate camped which is never the case.
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon
    Options
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asking for people to be trained has a lot of things into it like opportunities and a decent environment/performance which this game lacks a lot.

A couple friends and I created a guild a few months ago which consist in small group combat, and the biggest/main reason we did it was because the lag and the fps drop are not fun to play with/against. When this happens, we will just go elsewhere or we go into the sewers or we go do anything not pvp related.

We also pick people up after seeing how they play and some of them learn what they can, thing is what can you possibly learn when half your stuff takes a long time to cast or you go around with 15 frames per second?. I really cant blame people for not trying to learn and I can't blame players for not wanting to teach althought some ppl's efforts are beyond what most of the people can see and personally my respect goes to them.

EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whadda know, Daniel and his raid hit azuras and the server goes to ***. . .
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Xiphyla wrote: »
    Adonikam wrote: »
    EP were always the dominating faction @Jules. EP won Wabbajack when I was playing with Vokundein and Condemned. To prove a point Vokundein and Condemned went to Auriel's Bow (which was suppose to be the baddest campaign) during prime time, dethroned their emperor, and crowned an EP emperor just because we couldn't be stopped. Shortly after Condemned left the game I played in IR (around June/July 2014) with Crystalized and EP still dominated. EP has never been as weak as it is now.

Gonna call BS. AD had the highest density of organized guilds and pug herders at launch. They zerged all the competition of Auriel's Bow. They also were not present in large force on Wabbajack until the end, during which they outgained and out AP'd everyone there. Once Alacrity migrated from Hopesfire and No Mercy from the blue resurgence on Auriel's Bow 2, the Condemned and all of red got wrecked on a daily basis. IR even tried to switch servers, which still didn't work out for them.

Red's prime came when Alacrity and No Mercy quit, and DiE rerolled. It was all incidental, but that's more or less the gist of things.

You're mixing two different concepts.

1) Guild VS Guild
    2) Overall faction coordination and organisation to win a campaign

You're right, during Wabbajack, AD and DC had very competitive guilds. I would not say they were better than Condemned though. Condemned was way up there and there is a reason why Fixate got Praetorian rank in less than 2months.

But organisation wise, EP really deserved the victories they earned in Wabbajack.

Regarding IR switching to Chillrend, we didn't switch there to run away, we switched to Chillrend to chase DC groups running away from Thornblade blaming it on the lag. Get your facts straight.

Overall faction coordination + organisation , i would say condemned maybe they are good in Those etc , but if you talk about official Guild vs Guild 8v8 or 12vs12 fights , everything differs :) . All right , let's get back to topic :p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6chAisOPIs

Honor the dead is OP in groupplay for sure ? lol ?

No matter what abilities they used, if you would have watched the video you would have seen that even though the game was early stage and most people were still learning, Condemned found a way to crush 30-40players in a matter of seconds with 8 to 12 players so who cares if one player was using honor of the dead.

Farming pugs and noobs is what i had seen from the video. Those pugs that they killed actually stand in the aoe or stand there for them to kill and didnt move. So i not sure whether you trolling or what. I guess being delusional is a blessing in disguise.
    Edited by Xiphyla on January 6, 2016 4:20AM
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Can't DC just have their moment in the sun? Geez, EP. <eyeroll>

Hey, you're supposed to be back herding puglets >8(
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow jules, I see how it is :neutral:
    Dig and I are still on EP and we small scale.
    I'm only on my DC because my EP is in axe sewers and I need money to test a new stamina build + get pots. Everything you said it true though, there are practically no EP small scale players left let alone big groups.
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just move to other faction..... ***! Wait you can't move but you have to reroll a new character..... So basically Play not the way you want!!!
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just move to other faction..... ***! Wait you can't move but you have to reroll a new character..... So basically Play not the way you want!!!

I'm not encouraging anyone to change factions. But once you hit V1, the new battle leveling system makes you pretty powerful. About the equivalent of v15. It's actually quite nice.
    Edited by maxjapank on January 6, 2016 6:42AM
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    tx haxus, you guys hopping to haderus tonight really made a difference, instead of dethroning K-hole and having a red emp, your scroll farming cost us most of the map and a yellow emp, GG! go DIAF at brindle in AS and let us pvp on other server without your toxic presence
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erynyes wrote: »
    tx haxus, you guys hopping to haderus tonight really made a difference, instead of dethroning K-hole and having a red emp, your scroll farming cost us most of the map and a yellow emp, GG! go DIAF at brindle in AS and let us pvp on other server without your toxic presence

Well that confirms it. I had a friend wisp me about that and it made sense. Yes, keep lamenting poor EP cooperation and coordination when you jump ship the moment things go south. I think Frozn was the only A-lister who played the long haul tonight, and SOTP and Pact Militia were the only 'large' guilds in action, but that couldn't stop DC's 2-3 coordinated zergballs. didn't help all of 10 ppl would show up against those numbers when defending gate keeps. Was like watching a 5-car pileup on 59 south. All ppl could do was wait for it to end then try to pick up the pieces.

Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that confirms it. I had a friend wisp me about that and it made sense. Yes, keep lamenting poor EP cooperation and coordination when you jump ship the moment things go south. I think Frozn was the only A-lister who played the long haul tonight, and SOTP and Pact Militia were the only 'large' guilds in action, but that couldn't stop DC's 2-3 coordinated zergballs. didn't help all of 10 ppl would show up against those numbers when defending gate keeps. Was like watching a 5-car pileup on 59 south. All ppl could do was wait for it to end then try to pick up the pieces.

all of which could have been avoided if Yellow had their head on straight and attempted to push for dethrone. but nah, it's all about BRK. being pushed by two factions when we don't even have emp is BS, i wouldn't blame anyone for leaving that crap, screw that.
    Edited by Lucky28 on January 6, 2016 9:09AM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

all of which could have been avoided if Yellow had their head on straight and attempted to push for dethrone. but nah, it's all about BRK. being pushed by two factions when we don't even have emp is BS, i wouldn't blame anyone for leaving that crap, screw that.

There was a point where yellow had rayles, glade, resources at ash, ales was lit up, warden was red, bleaks was lit up, chal was being hit by red, and they picked up one of our scrolls. As people have pointed out multiple times in this and other threads, playing the victim card and saying you're getting double teamed just makes you look silly at this point, regardless of what faction you belong to. Everyone gets double teamed multiple times throughout the night, it's what happens in a three-way faction war. To be honest, had yellow put all of their guys on roe/ash and fought all of the blues there the entire night, the servers probably would have crashed so hard we'd have a rollback. I certainly agree with you that the dethrone should have been their highest priority, but pugs gonna pug and go for scrolls - it happens to every alliance.

There were TONS of times I'd try to dethrone lolli, and all red had to do was take effing brk back but instead the entire faction would push chal/bleaks/ales. Victim Card. Silly.

Blue actually coordinated between the main guilds last night rather than bicker and try to troll each other, so we ended up having a strong showing. We held ales-chal, CN held the scroll keeps to ash, and harlocke went between and supported anything that couldn't be reached in time or needed help (and saved one of the scrolls). I can't remember the last time blue functioned that way. Both red and yellow had significant numbers on last night as well, so it was hardly pvdooring. I went through over 30 siege on our first attempt at chalman - to the point where my jaw dropped and I had to put down fire ballista because I was out of regular trebs and ballista, which has happened maybe all of twice during my cyrodiil life. Had there been yet another guild making pushes on us, who knows. Things came down the wire at one point.
    Edited by Zheg on January 6, 2016 11:41AM
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, fun to log in this morning to people from a top tier EP Guild berating and mocking a pug group that had made real effort (and some mistakes) throughout the night on Azura's as part of a back and forth blame game for not being able to take Chalman, even though no one had flagged Bleaks anyway and riders kept streaming through. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
    Edited by tinythinker on January 6, 2016 1:34PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

There was a point where yellow had rayles, glade, resources at ash, ales was lit up, warden was red, bleaks was lit up, chal was being hit by red, and they picked up one of our scrolls. As people have pointed out multiple times in this and other threads, playing the victim card and saying you're getting double teamed just makes you look silly at this point, regardless of what faction you belong to. Everyone gets double teamed multiple times throughout the night, it's what happens in a three-way faction war. To be honest, had yellow put all of their guys on roe/ash and fought all of the blues there the entire night, the servers probably would have crashed so hard we'd have a rollback. I certainly agree with you that the dethrone should have been their highest priority, but pugs gonna pug and go for scrolls - it happens to every alliance.

There were TONS of times I'd try to dethrone lolli, and all red had to do was take effing brk back but instead the entire faction would push chal/bleaks/ales. Victim Card. Silly.

Blue actually coordinated between the main guilds last night rather than bicker and try to troll each other, so we ended up having a strong showing. We held ales-chal, CN held the scroll keeps to ash, and harlocke went between and supported anything that couldn't be reached in time or needed help (and saved one of the scrolls). I can't remember the last time blue functioned that way. Both red and yellow had significant numbers on last night as well, so it was hardly pvdooring. I went through over 30 siege on our first attempt at chalman - to the point where my jaw dropped and I had to put down fire ballista because I was out of regular trebs and ballista, which has happened maybe all of twice during my cyrodiil life. Had there been yet another guild making pushes on us, who knows. Things came down the wire at one point.

It showed. I could see the bulk of your faction showing up to defend ales or rayles, but nary a peep if Arrius or BRK got targeted. Just poor performance in general from us last night. It didn't sit well with me either when people who tried forwarding strategies based on common sense got shot down by snotty 'elite' players, or getting yelled at for doing the exact same thing said 'elite' players were telling us to do in the first place (diversionary sieges, multi-pronged fronts, escort etc). For the same reason the entire staff of my old department utterly LOATHES the current department head, no one likes it when you get incessantly yelled at. People were BEGGING for coordination in chat last night and it just wasn't happening for whatever reason, and we deservedly paid the price for it. Take a break, dust yourself off, and come back and try again.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It showed. I could see the bulk of your faction showing up to defend ales or rayles, but nary a peep if Arrius or BRK got targeted. Just poor performance in general from us last night. It didn't sit well with me either when people who tried forwarding strategies based on common sense got shot down by snotty 'elite' players, or getting yelled at for doing the exact same thing said 'elite' players were telling us to do in the first place (diversionary sieges, multi-pronged fronts, escort etc). For the same reason the entire staff of my old department utterly LOATHES the current department head, no one likes it when you get incessantly yelled at. People were BEGGING for coordination in chat last night and it just wasn't happening for whatever reason, and we deservedly paid the price for it. Take a break, dust yourself off, and come back and try again.

The counter siege at chal when we first attempted from the north was insane. Normally once we get a keep burst we're fine and people will stop pushing and we can finish siege. We killed so many while sieging, but the few we'd try to leave to tag the wall while we'd push clusters could not take the counter siege heat plus the scattered reds peppering them with damage. It's examples like that where I throw up in my mouth at what people in brians siege thread say about how much more powerful siege should be, but whoever was on that counter siege last night was spot on, and frankly were the reason we failed on the first attempt.

With regards to Arrius, I'm not sure I'd agree. You had significant numbers there from our perspective. We weren't able to flip the flags because of the number in fact.

Even though I didn't see many coordinated bombs from guilds, I wouldn't be too disappointed, you guys put up strong fights at chal and Arrius.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Do you guys on na still care about winning campaigns?

Gotta get ma loots! Need the full Well-fitted Archmage set to keep my Cardio up.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP just isn't favored by the devs.

Look at the racials, look at the type of faction it is cannon wise, look at it's placement in sewers.

It seems strategically gutted on purpose.

Clearly not favored by the devs yet their ground oils cost 200 AP less for how many years!?

Look at the racials, look at the type of faction it is cannon wise, look at it's placement in sewers.

This is just silly.

EP does need love, not from the devs, but from their own pvpers that have (since launch, though is is from an outsider's perspective) seemingly ignored them. If the problem is identified as EP having hordes of pugs and no direction, well, not to be mean, but whose fault is that? It certainly isn't blue or yellow's. You can try and cast blame at a single guild reroll, but if the number of untrained red pugs is what the OP indicates, clearly it was just masking an already existing problem that wasn't being addressed by red to begin with.

While they all have core players, I'd say the majority of blue guilds are all open to pugs. So, red isn't the only one with pugs, we just have guilds that rangle them and help bridge the pvp knowledge gap. Even though my left eye starts to twitch when I see 60+ yellows head to ash mine, clearly people like lolli have helped give the yellow pugs direction and purpose.

Can't really blame players for not wanting to spend the time to help bring the pugs up to par - it's a video game after all and your own time, but if those same players then want to complain about the problem, well that, too, (going full circle) is just silly.

Personally I think less organization and chaos from all sides improves the game for all players. Most of us who have been playing since Beta got to experience a Cyrodiil that wasn't dominated by organized ball groups and had a good selection of players of varying skill running around in which to improve ourselves.

After dying to a laggy ass spamnado ball for the 10th time, what does a new player have to learn other than Cyrodiil is just not fun?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Clearly not favored by the devs yet their ground oils cost 200 AP less for how many years!?

This is just silly.

EP does need love, not from the devs, but from their own pvpers that have (since launch, though is is from an outsider's perspective) seemingly ignored them. If the problem is identified as EP having hordes of pugs and no direction, well, not to be mean, but whose fault is that? It certainly isn't blue or yellow's. You can try and cast blame at a single guild reroll, but if the number of untrained red pugs is what the OP indicates, clearly it was just masking an already existing problem that wasn't being addressed by red to begin with.

While they all have core players, I'd say the majority of blue guilds are all open to pugs. So, red isn't the only one with pugs, we just have guilds that rangle them and help bridge the pvp knowledge gap. Even though my left eye starts to twitch when I see 60+ yellows head to ash mine, clearly people like lolli have helped give the yellow pugs direction and purpose.

Can't really blame players for not wanting to spend the time to help bring the pugs up to par - it's a video game after all and your own time, but if those same players then want to complain about the problem, well that, too, (going full circle) is just silly.

Personally I think less organization and chaos from all sides improves the game for all players. Most of us who have been playing since Beta got to experience a Cyrodiil that wasn't dominated by organized ball groups and had a good selection of players of varying skill running around in which to improve ourselves.

After dying to a laggy ass spamnado ball for the 10th time, what does a new player have to learn other than Cyrodiil is just not fun?

I've played since beta, 'ball groups' have been around since then. There were fewer because people were mostly pugs and running around with bows, but it's disingenuous to act like groups are a recent thing.

Regarding tornado, everyone agrees it has problems. I spent a few weeks working on a build that laughs it off and still kills them when I'm solo or in a group, so to the answer of what players still have to learn - experiment. We've recruited quite a few new players recently and get asked 'why am I dying, etc etc'. We review builds, talk to them about positioning, reaction, resource management, all the good stuff. So, what should new players learn? Don't be salty complaining about groups the entire time and make do with the laggy, broken mess that is cyrodiil until something better is available and have as much fun as you can in the mean time.
    Edited by Zheg on January 6, 2016 3:27PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just silly.

I've played since beta, 'ball groups' have been around since then. There were fewer because people were mostly pugs and running around with bows, but it's disingenuous to act like groups are a recent thing.

Regarding tornado, everyone agrees it has problems. I spent a few weeks working on a build that laughs it off and still kills them when I'm solo or in a group, so to the answer of what players still have to learn - experiment. We've recruited quite a few new players recently and get asked 'why am I dying, etc etc'. We review builds, talk to them about positioning, reaction, resource management, all the good stuff. So, what should new players learn? Don't be salty complaining about groups the entire time and make do with the laggy, broken mess that is cyrodiil until something better is available and have as much fun as you can in the mean time.

While both playstyles shouldn't be targeted heavily, hard to dispute that even Rich from ZOS asked players to spread out in an effort to reduce server lag.

Which means, while the ball-groups format is one aspect of play that nobody can say is wrong to enjoy, its current effects serverwise are significant versus when the game started.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

This is just silly.

While both playstyles shouldn't be targeted heavily, hard to dispute that even Rich from ZOS asked players to spread out in an effort to reduce server lag.

Which means, while the ball-groups format is one aspect of play that nobody can say is wrong to enjoy, its current effects serverwise are significant versus when the game started.

And that includes unorganized zergs spamming heavy calculation based skills against another.

This means, @Ezareth @Zheg lets focus our anger and intelligence on ZOS to get their work-game on to fix this game.

Long road ahead.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally speaking, I like the unorganized/small scale play style better because it feels a lot more realistic and organic than fighting in a large ball group does.

As for the OP, if solo players want to reroll more power to ya, but I'd hesitate to reroll. Every time a reroll has happened, the balance of power has been thrown far more in favor of the faction that people swapped to than was intended. Individual rerolls might not feel like you have much of an impact, but when you add it all up it can become a significant change. I'd rather see EP grow within itself.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When we left 2/3 the map was red and EP had the highest pop, not our fault if you can't zerg down less people correctly.

There was no ship jumping, we needed a break from lag and played out of lag until very late US primetime. I thought you guys were fine without us no?
    I have been reading through this tread and I can't speak to or won't attempt to speak to majority of what I am reading. However in regards to the part that I have been reading about EP being pop-locked (yes I know the picture that was posted was of Azura's, which I consider to be an outlying statistic) and I maybe as mixed up as a football bat but at least when I have been on Haderous and I have seen pop-locked EP most of the time it is because there are a lot of people in the sewers. Majority of the time from my experience only - the groups in the sewers hardly ever come out to play in Cyrodiil itself. If I do see them not in the sewers it is rarely in any kind of organized group. Most of the time it is in zone LFG or I get sent tells asking how they can find a group or if they can join mine. So in my opinion to say that "Oh look this faction is OK because they are pop-locked" without taking into account that a percentage of what you see maybe in IC/Sewer runs and hardly ever in Cyrodiil itself is not reasonable. When these groups do come they are usually over ran by one of the other factions. I have played in some of these groups or picked up people out of zone when I had been running solo prior starting a group. I usually end up face planting my keyboard because it is so painful to watch. Some have said the more experienced PvP'er's should teach them... most of the time - when I have picked up people out of zone (which it has been awhile since I have done this I have to admit) I either get no response from them other than to see them leaving group, running off to some other part of the map, or asking me where I get off telling them how to play. There have been rare incidences of one or two that I felt made any progress at all or I invited to join my social/pve guild (where I do sometimes help with doing pvp)- where they soon just disappear and never join back up to pvp or anything else. I have also recommended a few to guilds where I know they will get to play pvp regularly if they choose to. I have trained people to play games before playing ESO and have tried in my social/pve guild it is not an easy task. I do not have any recommendations I am just pointing out the obvious.

Guild relations in EP must improve if we are to start working together to help each other. I am sad to say that there are a few guilds out there that think that just because I am in Haxus, that means I am not here to help the campaign. They are wrong, I love to help. I like objectives, I like helping learn... but I get shut down because I am Haxus. "Why are you coming to such-and-such keep to help, aren't you Haxus? Why do you care?" was a recent PM I got. This upsets me that we have gained this reputation. Despite that, I am still going to push to teach.

From an outsiders perspective all Haxus/Nexus has shown on numerous occasions that they don't care about the map.

I never really played much with Nexus but the fact that people think this about Haxus is just silly. Ofc we care about earning AP but we also generally place having our home keeps at the top of the priority list. We make efforts to take and defend keeps constantly. Decent AP gain comes from this anyway.

We need people to be competent for us so we can get more AP and hold our Emp longer. We are too good to add more people to our group.

I disagree. All I see lately in zone chat is haxus people trying to coordinate pugs and try to teach them. Same with Unruh and Frozn.
    And of corse with succeeding in that we can get emp and hold it longer. This is not about AP.

Sorry man. Pay attention to the map. It is about AP farming. I use to play with a lot of those players. I cant tell you how many times i heard I dgaf about the campaign. But thats fine. To each their own. But dont claim otherwise.

Please stop with the EP is getting double teamed. Seriously. Almost everynight i see EP taking Allessia while DC owns Chal. Not until DC pushes Arrius do they pull back. AD gets double teamed too.

IMO the faction that gets it the least is DC. Which doesnt make sense to me. It should be them everyday until they are no longer in 1st. Also they have the most organized raids by far. They could defend against AD and EP better than vice versa.

Not true and there's daily repeating screenshots to prove it in other threads. DC is and has been the strongest faction for months, they have the numbers and guilds that use aoe caps and performance issues to their advantage. Yet, it is undeniable that EP is double teamed by both factions in AZ by far the most. If Ad really wanted to use the rvr system as intended they would stop pushing bridge, Sej, BRK, Drake when they don't have Brindle and Roe on a nightly basis so EP didn't have to defend two fronts and could also focus on DC.
    Manoekin wrote: »
    I don't see Haxus not caring about the map.They can't be everywhere at once. When I try to hit BRK or Arrius behind the front lines they almost always show up to defend. My only contention is bridge farming. How many times AD has lost Roe because the entire EP faction is at the bridge while Chalman is blue... I could not go help clear that out, but then you get bored and start sieging the keep. Both factions feel double teamed, but it's our own fault because we spend half the day between alessia/sej and forget the rest.

Bolded for truth.

& thanks Mano. As someone who competes against us daily it's nice to see that you can recognize that we care about objectives like keeps and scrolls. Pretty much falling on deaf ears here.

And thank you too Humpie. It's nice to have you and others recognize the efforts. Its been very useful to have you scouting and working with us as much as possible. <3

I mean, everybody farms, everybody. You say you care about scrolls, but, if we put together a ratio of the times you farm a scroll vs running it back, t'would not look good. I've told dc repeatedly in zone to ignore you guys when you take a scroll to the church or wherever and keep focusing on objectives.

When you guys spend hours in the nikel/roebeck/ash/brindle area without ever putting up siege, all alliances know what's up.

Again, everybody farms, everybody. I know you're taking heat, some warranted and some unfair, but that post is trying to whitewash a bit too much. It's neither fair nor accurate to say you guys never focus objectives, but, let's also not try and portray you guys as having been super objective focused, because that's when drinks go up noses.

To end on a less attacky note, I can certainly confirm that haxus has been including new recruits lately as Ive seen them multiple times when fighting you guys. It's good to see new blood.

Intentions are to take keeps, but sometimes when you're pushed 3 or 4 to 1, it's impossible, and it withdraws to a farm because we simply cannot take a keep against those numbers. At the same time, we're keeping DC/AD busy so EP can take other keeps. To say farming is a priority is simply false and inaccurate.

I thought the thread was about how EP doesn't have enough guilds and leadership, so you're keeping dc/ad pugs busy so the leaderless EP can take other keeps? Against the organized yellow and blue guilds? Wut? If you're truly outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1, how are your guildless pugs taking keeps? Do you really not even see how contradictory your post is?

Don't you understand simple features of the game you play lol? What he's saying is those keeps people are drawn away from will either be undefended or defended by significantly less people. Pvdooring is and has always been the easiest facet in ESO pvp, put on your big boy thinking cap and you'd understand.

Edited by Alomar on January 6, 2016 3:45PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    I'm making a new faction

Would you like to join the fourth unofficial faction, the Glorious Republic of Magicka Dragonknights ?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I like the unorganized/small scale play style better because it feels a lot more realistic and organic than fighting in a large ball group does.

As for the OP, if solo players want to reroll more power to ya, but I'd hesitate to reroll. Every time a reroll has happened, the balance of power has been thrown far more in favor of the faction that people swapped to than was intended. Individual rerolls might not feel like you have much of an impact, but when you add it all up it can become a significant change. I'd rather see EP grow within itself.

I agree. I just tried to start a new toon and dreaded it entirely. To help I'll stay off the main competitive server until DC requires more bodies.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

This is just silly.

hit THAT nail on the head.

I think you're the only one of the old old old OLD school that is probably still active. I don't see MT, Rowsdow, JQuar or Taran anymore.

The game's substantially deteriorated, and most ppl these days don't have a great deal of patience to see things through and hope they improve.

If this 'rebalancing' patch doesn't really turn things around all the fancy eye popping dungeons in the world won't save things. ZoS can't cut off the PVP nose to spite the PVE face.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP doesn't need more people it needs good players to train up weaker ones. Guilds rerolliing at this point is only going to tip the scales another way and we all know it. Wake me up when EP is getting gate camped which is never the case.

I agree with the first part of what u've said but regarding the last part, EP doesn't get gate camped because DC guilds don't care as much for objectives as they do for AP farming. Otherwise, EP would have been gate camped continuously since the past 3months or so.

Best proof was yesterday evening. One of the best EP guild was on another campaign because of the poor performances of Azura Star lately while another great EP guild was not running a group. We lost everything at primetime with near of no resistance. When the first EP guild who was rolling on another campaign came back to Azura Star late during the night, all the DC guilds who were farming pugs around the EP home tri-keeps instantly logged off. lol

Adonikam wrote: »
    EP were always the dominating faction @Jules. EP won Wabbajack when I was playing with Vokundein and Condemned. To prove a point Vokundein and Condemned went to Auriel's Bow (which was suppose to be the baddest campaign) during prime time, dethroned their emperor, and crowned an EP emperor just because we couldn't be stopped. Shortly after Condemned left the game I played in IR (around June/July 2014) with Crystalized and EP still dominated. EP has never been as weak as it is now.

Gonna call BS. AD had the highest density of organized guilds and pug herders at launch. They zerged all the competition of Auriel's Bow. They also were not present in large force on Wabbajack until the end, during which they outgained and out AP'd everyone there. Once Alacrity migrated from Hopesfire and No Mercy from the blue resurgence on Auriel's Bow 2, the Condemned and all of red got wrecked on a daily basis. IR even tried to switch servers, which still didn't work out for them.

Red's prime came when Alacrity and No Mercy quit, and DiE rerolled. It was all incidental, but that's more or less the gist of things.

You're mixing two different concepts.

1) Guild VS Guild
    2) Overall faction coordination and organisation to win a campaign

You're right, during Wabbajack, AD and DC had very competitive guilds. I would not say they were better than Condemned though. Condemned was way up there and there is a reason why Fixate got Praetorian rank in less than 2months.

But organisation wise, EP really deserved the victories they earned in Wabbajack.

Regarding IR switching to Chillrend, we didn't switch there to run away, we switched to Chillrend to chase DC groups running away from Thornblade blaming it on the lag. Get your facts straight.

Overall faction coordination + organisation , i would say condemned maybe they are good in Those etc , but if you talk about official Guild vs Guild 8v8 or 12vs12 fights , everything differs :) . All right , let's get back to topic :p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6chAisOPIs

Honor the dead is OP in groupplay for sure ? lol ?

No matter what abilities they used, if you would have watched the video you would have seen that even though the game was early stage and most people were still learning, Condemned found a way to crush 30-40players in a matter of seconds with 8 to 12 players so who cares if one player was using honor of the dead.

Farming pugs and noobs is what i had seen from the video. Those pugs that they killed actually stand in the aoe or stand there for them to kill and didnt move. So i not sure whether you trolling or what. I guess being delusional is a blessing in disguise.

So what you're saying is that your guild never fought pugs? Even there, it still requires skills to wipe that many enemies at the same time with only 8 to 12 players. It shows that the players know what they're doing and have an edge on most people. I'm not sure if you have a grudge against Condemned or against me in general but your salty attitude regarding this subject is quite disturbing.

There was a point where yellow had rayles, glade, resources at ash, ales was lit up, warden was red, bleaks was lit up, chal was being hit by red, and they picked up one of our scrolls. As people have pointed out multiple times in this and other threads, playing the victim card and saying you're getting double teamed just makes you look silly at this point, regardless of what faction you belong to.

As much as I agree that EP should not have tried to capture DC scrolls, you are not really in position to speak about our behaviour when your guild was still busy farming EP on Arrius roof while your whole tri-keeps were getting flipped in the meantime. I bet the rage tells in zone were juicy.

You make it sound like Chalman is a DC home keep. Are we getting there already? lol. There is a reason why EP would try to get Chalman back even though AD has emperor. It is to avoid a DC emp push after the AD dethrone.

Both red and yellow had significant numbers on last night as well, so it was hardly pvdooring.

You can't be serious. You know more than anybody else which EP guilds run on Azura. During the whole evening, the only guilds who were running were Pact with 15members and Bftp with 10members. I spent my whole evening trying to help EP with strategies but all I would see, even when Arrius flipped, was big cross swords around Brk and barely 5 defenders at Arrius as the blue mega zerg ball rolled in (the last Arrius's capture of the night).

There was absolutely no resistance whatsoever and you guys all knew it. DC just pvedoored their way, coincidentally, when major EP guilds were not running.

Edited by frozywozy on January 6, 2016 4:14PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    I'm making a new faction

Would you like to join the fourth unofficial faction, the Glorious Republic of Magicka Dragonknights ?

My Magicka DK 2.0 is almost v16....LF invite pls.
    Takllin wrote: »

I agree. I just tried to start a new toon and dreaded it entirely. To help I'll stay off the main competitive server until DC requires more bodies.

Before I rerolled to DC, I'd always played AD since beta because my stubborn ass of a brother refused to roll anyone but AD, and we almost always played together. He stopped playing earlier this year, so I took the opportunity to reroll on DC in part because they had such a low population, but also because it was the faction I'd always wanted to play. I met up with some VE members while they were doing their reroll and was able to join them, and it's been a blast.

Though I notice a lot of people who used to play AD or EP did the same as I have. They didn't reroll with a guild, but decided to reroll over by themselves, and it starts to take away from the guilds that they were apart of before. You see some guilds dissolve or merge in with others where these people had been previously. You also have to factor in the people who want to play on the superior faction that will swap as well once they notice the balance of power switching as well.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is just silly.

I mean, they also made an effort to remove the deer, sooo, I hope that speaks to my opinion of their expertise. I remember interpretting that post from him as a 'spread out and don't put obscene numbers all at one keep, hit different targets', not 'take 20 people and spread them out in a single keep so they can die like pugs'. There is a strong narrative regarding 'ball groups', and even though I say it multiple times, after IC released we'd fight against GoS, SWP, plus pugs all at once and not have any lag on trueflame. The lag is derived from total players in a vicinity, not whether they're 10 meters within a barrier range. I've yet to hear a single person that drops the term 'ball group' when complaining about lag explain why those trueflame fights were fine. It's misinformation, plain and simple, and a group is an easier scapegoat because they instantly inject players into a fight vs the 24+ randoms trickling in that will impede the ping the same amount. So yes, my anger is and has been directed at zos, but that doesn't mean it's helpful to continue a false narrative and not correct the points where it's inaccurate. I feel like even if I asked guildies to dig up recordings of those fights, people would still continue believing what they want anyway.

Anyway, my point to ezareth is that there are indeed counters to things people have convinced themselves are unbeatable, and while easier, complaining about groups the entire time just furthers the toxic dialogue and makes it hard for new players to even want to give pvp a chance. Everyone is fed up with pvp, but after 2 years, you make due with what you have and try to have as much fun as possible. But now I'm way off topic for the thread.
    Options