Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Ebonheart Pact needs some Love

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    Sad to see this thread take another negative spin. I always log in late at night due to my timezone, and Haxus had had enough of the lag in AZ from all accounts, but were preparing to jump back in after it had settled down. You can't blame people for being frustrated at the lag.

Sad to see some EP called out by "elitists" in zone chat, just ignore them, we really want coordination, and EP played fantastically to get a late night (server time) Emp push. Some of these people you consider elitists are nobodies FYI, pay them no attention. Although Daniel had pulled out at that stage, I hope it's a moral boost for EP and we can have many more nights like that.

That late night emp push was one of the silliest things I've seen in months. You owned nothing but Farragut and Kingscrest and I found you farming yellow at Alessia farm. This might be a prime example of why people think your map priorities are all screwed up.

That you waited until all competition had retired for the evening to PvDoor the map in under an hour was lame. If I hadn't gotten back into Azuras and gotten 6-8 people together you would have taken the scrolls too.

Wasn't a plan at the beginning, EP just rallied together. They performed really well. Didn't wait for all competition to retire, simply put DC had it over us and that was the only time we gained an ascendancy as a faction.

This thread isn't about Haxus but a few keep turning it that way, last night was a great effort from EP. It might just be pvdooring, but it's a moral boost.

Re: Alessia farm, we took BRK and Sej on the way down and were looking at Alessia until we got swarmed over by AD, and then bombed by you. Trying to avoid massive zergs.

You managed to get "6-8 people", so to speak, together, and repelled us, that's great, had some late night competition. By that stage we were down to 2 Emp keeps. That's great too, made things interesting!
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, it's a bit offensive to some of our newer EP players to call them lame for taking keeps. They were the ones keen as mustard to get into it. I had a level 12 leading a raid at one point and wanting to keep pushing around the map, it was refreshing and exciting to see players commited and coordinated. It may not be to the elitist's taste, but if it boosts moral and encourages team work then it's a good thing for EP.
    Options
  • Slaxis
    Slaxis
    ✭✭✭
    CN_Daniel wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Zheg wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    EP just isn't favored by the devs.

Look at the racials, look at the type of faction it is cannon wise, look at it's placement in sewers.

It seems strategically gutted on purpose.

Clearly not favored by the devs yet their ground oils cost 200 AP less for how many years!?
    EP just isn't favored by the devs.

Look at the racials, look at the type of faction it is cannon wise, look at it's placement in sewers.

It seems strategically gutted on purpose.

This is just silly.

EP does need love, not from the devs, but from their own pvpers that have (since launch, though is is from an outsider's perspective) seemingly ignored them. If the problem is identified as EP having hordes of pugs and no direction, well, not to be mean, but whose fault is that? It certainly isn't blue or yellow's. You can try and cast blame at a single guild reroll, but if the number of untrained red pugs is what the OP indicates, clearly it was just masking an already existing problem that wasn't being addressed by red to begin with.

While they all have core players, I'd say the majority of blue guilds are all open to pugs. So, red isn't the only one with pugs, we just have guilds that rangle them and help bridge the pvp knowledge gap. Even though my left eye starts to twitch when I see 60+ yellows head to ash mine, clearly people like lolli have helped give the yellow pugs direction and purpose.

Can't really blame players for not wanting to spend the time to help bring the pugs up to par - it's a video game after all and your own time, but if those same players then want to complain about the problem, well that, too, (going full circle) is just silly.

Personally I think less organization and chaos from all sides improves the game for all players. Most of us who have been playing since Beta got to experience a Cyrodiil that wasn't dominated by organized ball groups and had a good selection of players of varying skill running around in which to improve ourselves.

After dying to a laggy ass spamnado ball for the 10th time, what does a new player have to learn other than Cyrodiil is just not fun?

I've played since beta, 'ball groups' have been around since then. There were fewer because people were mostly pugs and running around with bows, but it's disingenuous to act like groups are a recent thing.

Regarding tornado, everyone agrees it has problems. I spent a few weeks working on a build that laughs it off and still kills them when I'm solo or in a group, so to the answer of what players still have to learn - experiment. We've recruited quite a few new players recently and get asked 'why am I dying, etc etc'. We review builds, talk to them about positioning, reaction, resource management, all the good stuff. So, what should new players learn? Don't be salty complaining about groups the entire time and make do with the laggy, broken mess that is cyrodiil until something better is available and have as much fun as you can in the mean time.

While both playstyles shouldn't be targeted heavily, hard to dispute that even Rich from ZOS asked players to spread out in an effort to reduce server lag.

Which means, while the ball-groups format is one aspect of play that nobody can say is wrong to enjoy, its current effects serverwise are significant versus when the game started.

I mean, they also made an effort to remove the deer, sooo, I hope that speaks to my opinion of their expertise. I remember interpretting that post from him as a 'spread out and don't put obscene numbers all at one keep, hit different targets', not 'take 20 people and spread them out in a single keep so they can die like pugs'. There is a strong narrative regarding 'ball groups', and even though I say it multiple times, after IC released we'd fight against GoS, SWP, plus pugs all at once and not have any lag on trueflame. The lag is derived from total players in a vicinity, not whether they're 10 meters within a barrier range. I've yet to hear a single person that drops the term 'ball group' when complaining about lag explain why those trueflame fights were fine. It's misinformation, plain and simple, and a group is an easier scapegoat because they instantly inject players into a fight vs the 24+ randoms trickling in that will impede the ping the same amount. So yes, my anger is and has been directed at zos, but that doesn't mean it's helpful to continue a false narrative and not correct the points where it's inaccurate. I feel like even if I asked guildies to dig up recordings of those fights, people would still continue believing what they want anyway.

Anyway, my point to ezareth is that there are indeed counters to things people have convinced themselves are unbeatable, and while easier, complaining about groups the entire time just furthers the toxic dialogue and makes it hard for new players to even want to give pvp a chance. Everyone is fed up with pvp, but after 2 years, you make due with what you have and try to have as much fun as possible. But now I'm way off topic for the thread.

Here are some of the most important factors that increase latency :

1) Too many players at the same time on the screen (30-40+) - May be linked to the anti-bot system
    2) All factions being max pop (cap is too large and need to be reduced to what 3bars actually is)
    3) More than one battle happening at once on the map
    4) Too many players landing aoes simultaneously on large amount of players (no matter where they are on the map)

When you play on Trueflame, chances that there were more than one large fight happening on the map compared to Azura Star are minimal and I would bet that populations for all 3 factions were not maxed. Here is your explanation plane and simple.

When all populations are max pop and your 24men ballgroup hits a location with already considerable amount of players present, the ping for most people is already at 200-300ms. As soon as you start pushing in and land massive AOEs on players, it is the cherry on top of the cake. Ping skyrocket up to 800-1200ms for everybody until you've killed everybody (reducing the amount of players on the screens and aoe calculations in the meantime). If another fight is happening on the map at the same time, it gets even worst.

What did we learn today? Don't run 24men groups. Everybody should run maximum 16players to help performances and also encourage guilds cooperation in the same campaign to constantly apply pressure on both enemy factions rather than all hitting the same one.

Like many other points, this one has gone over your head as well. You admit that groups just end up being the cherry on top, and my argument is that the super majority of the blame game has made groups a boogeyman that is the sole cause of lag, and by doing so, skews the feedback and discussion away from drivers like population caps being too high, and towards solutions being some magic group busters that will have zero effect on ping if those same players end up running solo but still being at the same keep.

If people want lag to be addressed, willfully ignoring other contributors to focus on a single one simply because it's the easiest scapegoat does little to improve the situation. My concern remains that when so many complain to the devs about 'balls' being the drivers of lag, the deer haters will focus development of performance adjustment based on people in a tight radius and do little to nothing about the performance drop simply because of the volume of players at a keep, and THAT, is where performance needs to be optimized. I want performance improved just as much as the next guy, I just think devs need accurate and honest feedback to do so.

In other words, you totally neglected once again that your actions and behaviours, when running into a 24men group spamming aoes, are part of the problem, and you hand the problems to devs who need to improve their game instead of reducing the size of your groups like most people have done already. Then you claim that I'm the one that the point goes over his head. Seriously?

It isn't 24 vs 24 that's the problem. It's the amount of people in the campaign in a general area. Go do a 24 v 24 in Axe and tell me again GvG is the problem...

Hold on now.....chuck Norris only runs 1 grp of 24?
    Gm of Victorem
    Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    4) Too many players landing aoes simultaneously on large amount of players (no matter where they are on the map)

I'm going to quibble with this one - I've seen lag show up simply because there's a group running AOEs, before they've even hit anyone. This constant running around with proxy det on all the time, plus everyone throwing caltrops - even if there's not a single player getting hit with the stuff, it seems to slow things down. I'm sure numbers are a factor here, but I'd love to see what the lag would be like if these groups weren't all spamming AOE skills.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to see this thread take another negative spin. I always log in late at night due to my timezone, and Haxus had had enough of the lag in AZ from all accounts, but were preparing to jump back in after it had settled down. You can't blame people for being frustrated at the lag.

Sad to see some EP called out by "elitists" in zone chat, just ignore them, we really want coordination, and EP played fantastically to get a late night (server time) Emp push. Some of these people you consider elitists are nobodies FYI, pay them no attention. Although Daniel had pulled out at that stage, I hope it's a moral boost for EP and we can have many more nights like that.

That late night emp push was one of the silliest things I've seen in months. You owned nothing but Farragut and Kingscrest and I found you farming yellow at Alessia farm. This might be a prime example of why people think your map priorities are all screwed up.

That you waited until all competition had retired for the evening to PvDoor the map in under an hour was lame. If I hadn't gotten back into Azuras and gotten 6-8 people together you would have taken the scrolls too.

Wasn't a plan at the beginning, EP just rallied together. They performed really well. Didn't wait for all competition to retire, simply put DC had it over us and that was the only time we gained an ascendancy as a faction.

This thread isn't about Haxus but a few keep turning it that way, last night was a great effort from EP. It might just be pvdooring, but it's a moral boost.

Re: Alessia farm, we took BRK and Sej on the way down and were looking at Alessia until we got swarmed over by AD, and then bombed by you. Trying to avoid massive zergs.

You managed to get "6-8 people", so to speak, together, and repelled us, that's great, had some lcompetition. By that stage we were down to 2 Emp keeps. That's great too, made things interesting!

So to speak, sure. Or exactly that number.

Pushing Alessia while I hold Arrius and Chal tells me all I need to know. As to not farming at Alessia, I wouldn't have even realized if Zavus hadn't started talking about your farm there. There is no reason to be in the Alessia farm tower when you are missing tri keeps, period.

The number of times I play defense is very few, it's crazy that I can own everything to Arrius but I still must go running south of BRK to find my competition. Any other group and IDGAF but as long as I'm getting tells from your guys telling me Im scared of you, I will note when I am avoided in favor of an easy target.

As to calling it lame, late night emp pushes don't just happen. I hadn't even finished my Vet Daily before Anti was crowned. when my competition won't fight or logs off j call group. Rolling the map in that same situation is just sad.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »

I'm going to quibble with this one - I've seen lag show up simply because there's a group running AOEs, before they've even hit anyone. This constant running around with proxy det on all the time, plus everyone throwing caltrops - even if there's not a single player getting hit with the stuff, it seems to slow things down. I'm sure numbers are a factor here, but I'd love to see what the lag would be like if these groups weren't all spamming AOE skills.

As I and others have said in this and other threads, large scale group v group fights can happen on desolate campaigns with zero lag. As someone that has played solo, small group, large group, empty campaign and locked campaign, it's ALWAYS been player volume. You can roll up to a keep, no skills on either side, and the ping will shoot up so long as there are enough people to meet the lag threshold. You can bring 3 groups of 8, 2 of 12, 1 of 24, or 24 pugs, you'll experience almost identical ping. And even if your location is empty, player density elsewhere on the map will still affect you.
    Options
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God damn.. Who cares lol

This thread be mashing my brains like potatoes

TLDR: Red needs to organize and teach. Itll take a month.
    Edited by WRX on January 6, 2016 6:58PM
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You managed to get "6-8 people", so to speak, together, and repelled us, that's great, had some lcompetition. By that stage we were down to 2 Emp keeps. That's great too, made things interesting!

Pushing Alessia while I hold Arrius and Chal tells me all I need to know. As to not farming at Alessia, I wouldn't have even realized if Zavus hadn't started talking about your farm there. There is no reason to be in the Alessia farm tower when you are missing tri keeps, period.

The number of times I play defense is very few, it's crazy that I can own everything to Arrius but I still must go running south of BRK to find my competition. Any other group and IDGAF but as long as I'm getting tells from your guys telling me Im scared of you, I will note when I am avoided in favor of an easy target.

As to calling it lame, late night emp pushes don't just happen. I hadn't even finished my Vet Daily before Anti was crowned. when my competition won't fight or logs off j call group. Rolling the map in that same situation is just sad.

We were inside the farm tower sieging the wall. I personally was sieging. You can believe what you like. We took keeps on the way down. When you've got 2 raids stacked on eachother inside Arrius, through no fault of your own, we have to look elsewhere, draw players out. The problem is you see things differently and I feel no amount of chat is going to sway your view, so that's your prerogative.

You make this really hard to be friendly about Steve. You have issues with other Haxus members, but like to bring those issues up quoting me. This is nothing to do with me, or EP. I'm happy to be guilty by association if that's the way it's going to be though.

Basically, this thread is a call for EP to step it up, and you and other opposing faction members are distracting the issue with personal vendettas and cheap shots against our inexperienced players. You get hate tells all the time from Haxus members, why don't you start a thread about that? It's so irrelevant to this thread.
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    God damn.. Who cares lol

Preach brotha preach!
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    God damn.. Who cares lol

Yep. Nailed it.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We were inside the farm tower sieging the wall. I personally was sieging. You can believe what you like. We took keeps on the way down. When you've got 2 raids stacked on eachother inside Arrius, through no fault of your own, we have to look elsewhere, draw players out. The problem is you see things differently and I feel no amount of chat is going to sway your view, so that's your prerogative.

You make this really hard to be friendly about Steve. You have issues with other Haxus members, but like to bring those issues up quoting me. This is nothing to do with me, or EP. I'm happy to be guilty by association if that's the way it's going to be though.

Basically, this thread is a call for EP to step it up, and you and other opposing faction members are distracting the issue with personal vendettas and cheap shots against our inexperienced players. You get hate tells all the time from Haxus members, why don't you start a thread about that? It's so irrelevant to this thread.

You brought up last night, I responded. I was pretty unhappy about how last night unfolded but I wasn't going to make a thing of it until I saw you posting about what a glorious thing it is. EP doesn't need nightcap victories. They need training, they need guilds to take them in.

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You brought up last night, I responded. I was pretty unhappy about how last night unfolded but I wasn't going to make a thing of it until I saw you posting about what a glorious thing it is. EP doesn't need nightcap victories. They need training, they need guilds to take them in.

They need motivation and encouragement though. I saw people in this thread upset that a few elitist players called them out during the evening for bad play. You're exaggerating for effect. It was a good effort, if we can replicate that in prime time then the map will be far more exciting. I believe we can do it, small steps though. It's a work in progress.
    Options
  • Slaxis
    Slaxis
    ✭✭✭
    I see how people need to join these top tier guilds and the guild needs to teach some newbies...But where is the incentive for someone to invest and train up new people. Ive lead 2 guilds so far in this game. Misfitz was my first, in this guild I trained new people, helped them with the basics to pvp. Put them in touch with the right people to help them on builds, gear etc..What i was left with was a majority of them seeking out the top tier guilds of elitist and in the end I was left constantly bringing in numbers to fill my grps. Did that for a year and never really could compete with the top guilds on ep or dc unless i had numbers to win. That type of battle isnt what I wanted so in the end I disbanded Misfitz. Now I lead Victorem and have some very skilled pvper in there but Im left now with trying to run a group through unplayable lag. Game is broken on so many lvls that everyone knows about and untill *** is fixed doesnt matter wether your the best or not that lag always wins.
    Gm of Victorem
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slaxis wrote: »
    I see how people need to join these top tier guilds and the guild needs to teach some newbies...But where is the incentive for someone to invest and train up new people. Ive lead 2 guilds so far in this game. Misfitz was my first, in this guild I trained new people, helped them with the basics to pvp. Put them in touch with the right people to help them on builds, gear etc..What i was left with was a majority of them seeking out the top tier guilds of elitist and in the end I was left constantly bringing in numbers to fill my grps. Did that for a year and never really could compete with the top guilds on ep or dc unless i had numbers to win. That type of battle isnt what I wanted so in the end I disbanded Misfitz. Now I lead Victorem and have some very skilled pvper in there but Im left now with trying to run a group through unplayable lag. Game is broken on so many lvls that everyone knows about and untill *** is fixed doesnt matter wether your the best or not that lag always wins.

I think that at this point, like we say in french, la balle est dans ton camp regarding casual players / guilds. Elite guilds offered the help, the training and the advices. Now it's time for them to step up their gameplay and consider what was given to them. It is not over for sure, we will have to continuously help them improving but regarding the past couple weeks, I think that elite guilds helped more than enough. Just waiting on results.

What is expected from casual guilds ?

1) Schedule a training session per guild with members and spread the information
    2) Group/guild leaders need to come play with elite guilds for a couple hours and listen to calls
    3) Members should do their own researches (whisper good players / browse forums)
    Edited by frozywozy on January 6, 2016 7:38PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

QFT.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They need motivation and encouragement though. I saw people in this thread upset that a few elitist players called them out during the evening for bad play. You're exaggerating for effect. It was a good effort, if we can replicate that in prime time then the map will be far more exciting. I believe we can do it, small steps though. It's a work in progress.

Faction success has always followed guilds spearheading efforts and that is what seems to be lacking. It certainly doesn't help that what guilds remain on EP don't have much interest in pushing the map on most days and prefer to run small groups. I was hoping Dynamic would grow and become a strong force, but from what I gather they also intend to remain a smaller guild.

People can Rep thier numbers all they like but EP has always had decent guilds running full raids that did a lot of the dirty work on the map (IR, Vehemence, Pride, even Nexus, etc). The contrast between Nexus and Haxus is startling to me sometimes, Nexus ran big and played extremely aggressive, often holding my groups at Aleswell or Glade for long portions of the night. It isn't a coincidence that the strongest pushes I've seen from EP lately (during a time when they actually have competition) is when Dynamic and Haxus stack up. 8-12 good players is enough to hold a keep and bomb a breach or a flag but you're going to be hard pressed to replicate that success on the offensive (which is precisely why VE runs a raid, we are always attacking).

In the end, that's what it comes down to. It's fun to defend, it's easy and delicious to bomb breaches and flags and fight under your own siege but a faction does not thrive on the defense, it merely endures. The last two times I saw an intimidating Red force roll up to Aleswell in prime time and make me fight for it was a Haxus emp push in early December and early January. That's playing opportunistic, not aggressive, and you can't maintain faction momentum that way.

The biggest change I've noticed with VE rolling DC from than to now is faction aggressiveness. People are used to having guild support and are excited to push stuff because they know they're not going to immediately get mown down. They push objectives and get to take them. Faction momentum is strong.

As long as the attitude is to run as few people as possible and find defensive fights or fights away from your faction (so as not to get "pug agro") than nothing will change. Someone needs to make a competitive sized group (16 minimim) and play aggressive, turn the attitude away from defense. That's the long and short of it.

Edited by Satiar on January 6, 2016 7:42PM

Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭

I think that at this point, like we say in french, la balle est dans ton camp regarding casual players / guilds. Elite guilds offered the help, the training and the advices. Now it's time for them to step up their gameplay and consider what was given to them. It is not over for sure, we will have to continuously help them improving but regarding the past couple weeks, I think that elite guilds helped more than enough. Just waiting on results.

What is expected from casual guilds ?

1) Schedule a training session per guild with members and spread the information
    2) Group/guild leaders need to come play with elite guilds for a couple hours and listen to calls
    3) Members should do their own researches (whisper good players / browser forums)

Playing together for a long time is more important than individual skills. Look at Haxus and my team. Some of these people have been playing nearly everyday together now for almost 2 years. That amount of time isn't required, but at least a month of 4-5+hrs a day together with the same people will make a HUGE difference. And someone needs to have the authority (which comes from respect) over the group. If I say jump into the slaughter fish I expect to see it done without hesitation or question. A poorly executed masterful plan is usually worse than no plan at all.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Faction success has always followed guilds spearheading efforts and that is what seems to be lacking. It certainly doesn't help that what guilds remain on EP don't have much interest in pushing the map on most days and prefer to run small groups. I was hoping Dynamic would grow and become a strong force, but from what I gather they also intend to remain a smaller guild.

People can Rep thier numbers all they like but EP has always had decent guilds running full raids that did a lot of the dirty work on the map (IR, Vehemence, Pride, even Nexus, etc). The contrast between Nexus and Haxus is startling to me sometimes, Nexus ran big and played extremely aggressive, often holding my groups at Aleswell or Glade for long portions of the night. It isn't a coincidence that the strongest pushes I've seen from EP lately (during a time when they actually have competition) is when Dynamic and Haxus stack up. 8-12 good players is enough to hold a keep and bomb a breach or a flag but you're going to be hard pressed to replicate that success on the offensive (which is precisely why VE runs a raid, we are always attacking).

In the end, that's what it comes down to. It's fun to defend, it's easy and delicious to bomb breaches and flags and fight under your own siege but a faction does not thrive on the defense, it merely endures. The last two times I saw an intimidating Red force roll up to Aleswell in prime time and make me fight for it was a Haxus emp push in early December and early January. That's playing opportunistic, not aggressive, and you can't maintain faction momentum that way.

The biggest change I've noticed with VE rolling DC from than to now is faction aggressiveness. People are used to having guild support and are excited to push stuff because they know they're not going to immediately get mown down. They push objectives and get to take them. Faction momentum is strong.

As long as the attitude is to run as few people as possible and find defensive fights or fights away from your faction (so as not to get "pug agro") than nothing will change. Someone needs to make a competitive sized group (16 minimim) and play aggressive, turn the attitude away from defense. That's the long and short of it.

Give it time, it will happen. That's what EP is working towards.
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nexus was far far better than Havok ever was, Nexus at their prime, throughout all of ESO history, is the best team I've ever fought, and it wasn't even close.

You guys need to turn the Grominator loose again.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I (A lonely AD solo player just trying to have some fun) blame the lag on DC and Daniel in particular is because that's the only time I have first hand encountered it. your zerg is famous in AD and not for a good reason. ever wonder why even when you and DC is sieging roe or nickel or trying to get fights between nickel and ash AD is off fighting EP at BRK and ignoring you? its because they know better and just don't bother anymore.

we had a great back and forth with EP between BRK and Sej were about 50 v 50 pushed and pulled back and forth across that field right up to each others walls a few times and there was no lag to note and a pretty fun time. Hell the fight a few days ago to dethrone the EP emp at BRK had more then that and there was only very minimal lag. (Crown was there trying to organize the AD potatoes XD)

now take last night when Daniel and his zerg wanted to farm some AD potatoes (I was among them watching) at the Gate between ash and nickel, could not have been more then 30 v 30 your blob included but as soon as that blob came out the door server performance went to ***. eventually AD just left and gave up nickel and roe and tried to do something else.

DC and you are stereotyped for causing lag, and stereotypes exist for a reason.
    Edited by Wing on January 6, 2016 7:59PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Erynyes wrote: »
    tx haxus, you guys hopping to haderus tonight really made a difference, instead of dethroning K-hole and having a red emp, your scroll farming cost us most of the map and a yellow emp, GG! go DIAF at brindle in AS and let us pvp on other server without your toxic presence

When we left 2/3 the map was red and EP had the highest pop, not our fault if you can't zerg down less people correctly.
    Erynyes wrote: »
    tx haxus, you guys hopping to haderus tonight really made a difference, instead of dethroning K-hole and having a red emp, your scroll farming cost us most of the map and a yellow emp, GG! go DIAF at brindle in AS and let us pvp on other server without your toxic presence

Well that confirms it. I had a friend wisp me about that and it made sense. Yes, keep lamenting poor EP cooperation and coordination when you jump ship the moment things go south. I think Frozn was the only A-lister who played the long haul tonight, and SOTP and Pact Militia were the only 'large' guilds in action, but that couldn't stop DC's 2-3 coordinated zergballs. didn't help all of 10 ppl would show up against those numbers when defending gate keeps. Was like watching a 5-car pileup on 59 south. All ppl could do was wait for it to end then try to pick up the pieces.

There was no ship jumping, we needed a break from lag and played out of lag until very late US primetime. I thought you guys were fine without us no?
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Humphie wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Pchela wrote: »
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I have been reading through this tread and I can't speak to or won't attempt to speak to majority of what I am reading. However in regards to the part that I have been reading about EP being pop-locked (yes I know the picture that was posted was of Azura's, which I consider to be an outlying statistic) and I maybe as mixed up as a football bat but at least when I have been on Haderous and I have seen pop-locked EP most of the time it is because there are a lot of people in the sewers. Majority of the time from my experience only - the groups in the sewers hardly ever come out to play in Cyrodiil itself. If I do see them not in the sewers it is rarely in any kind of organized group. Most of the time it is in zone LFG or I get sent tells asking how they can find a group or if they can join mine. So in my opinion to say that "Oh look this faction is OK because they are pop-locked" without taking into account that a percentage of what you see maybe in IC/Sewer runs and hardly ever in Cyrodiil itself is not reasonable. When these groups do come they are usually over ran by one of the other factions. I have played in some of these groups or picked up people out of zone when I had been running solo prior starting a group. I usually end up face planting my keyboard because it is so painful to watch. Some have said the more experienced PvP'er's should teach them... most of the time - when I have picked up people out of zone (which it has been awhile since I have done this I have to admit) I either get no response from them other than to see them leaving group, running off to some other part of the map, or asking me where I get off telling them how to play. There have been rare incidences of one or two that I felt made any progress at all or I invited to join my social/pve guild (where I do sometimes help with doing pvp)- where they soon just disappear and never join back up to pvp or anything else. I have also recommended a few to guilds where I know they will get to play pvp regularly if they choose to. I have trained people to play games before playing ESO and have tried in my social/pve guild it is not an easy task. I do not have any recommendations I am just pointing out the obvious.

Guild relations in EP must improve if we are to start working together to help each other. I am sad to say that there are a few guilds out there that think that just because I am in Haxus, that means I am not here to help the campaign. They are wrong, I love to help. I like objectives, I like helping learn... but I get shut down because I am Haxus. "Why are you coming to such-and-such keep to help, aren't you Haxus? Why do you care?" was a recent PM I got. This upsets me that we have gained this reputation. Despite that, I am still going to push to teach.

From an outsiders perspective all Haxus/Nexus has shown on numerous occasions that they don't care about the map.

I never really played much with Nexus but the fact that people think this about Haxus is just silly. Ofc we care about earning AP but we also generally place having our home keeps at the top of the priority list. We make efforts to take and defend keeps constantly. Decent AP gain comes from this anyway.

Going to be 100% honest. To me this entire thread looks like this:

We need people to be competent for us so we can get more AP and hold our Emp longer. We are too good to add more people to our group.

I disagree. All I see lately in zone chat is haxus people trying to coordinate pugs and try to teach them. Same with Unruh and Frozn.
    And of corse with succeeding in that we can get emp and hold it longer. This is not about AP.

Sorry man. Pay attention to the map. It is about AP farming. I use to play with a lot of those players. I cant tell you how many times i heard I dgaf about the campaign. But thats fine. To each their own. But dont claim otherwise.

Please stop with the EP is getting double teamed. Seriously. Almost everynight i see EP taking Allessia while DC owns Chal. Not until DC pushes Arrius do they pull back. AD gets double teamed too.

IMO the faction that gets it the least is DC. Which doesnt make sense to me. It should be them everyday until they are no longer in 1st. Also they have the most organized raids by far. They could defend against AD and EP better than vice versa.

Not true and there's daily repeating screenshots to prove it in other threads. DC is and has been the strongest faction for months, they have the numbers and guilds that use aoe caps and performance issues to their advantage. Yet, it is undeniable that EP is double teamed by both factions in AZ by far the most. If Ad really wanted to use the rvr system as intended they would stop pushing bridge, Sej, BRK, Drake when they don't have Brindle and Roe on a nightly basis so EP didn't have to defend two fronts and could also focus on DC.
    Manoekin wrote: »
    I don't see Haxus not caring about the map.They can't be everywhere at once. When I try to hit BRK or Arrius behind the front lines they almost always show up to defend. My only contention is bridge farming. How many times AD has lost Roe because the entire EP faction is at the bridge while Chalman is blue... I could not go help clear that out, but then you get bored and start sieging the keep. Both factions feel double teamed, but it's our own fault because we spend half the day between alessia/sej and forget the rest.

Bolded for truth.

& thanks Mano. As someone who competes against us daily it's nice to see that you can recognize that we care about objectives like keeps and scrolls. Pretty much falling on deaf ears here.
    Humphie wrote: »
    Pchela wrote: »
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I have been reading through this tread and I can't speak to or won't attempt to speak to majority of what I am reading. However in regards to the part that I have been reading about EP being pop-locked (yes I know the picture that was posted was of Azura's, which I consider to be an outlying statistic) and I maybe as mixed up as a football bat but at least when I have been on Haderous and I have seen pop-locked EP most of the time it is because there are a lot of people in the sewers. Majority of the time from my experience only - the groups in the sewers hardly ever come out to play in Cyrodiil itself. If I do see them not in the sewers it is rarely in any kind of organized group. Most of the time it is in zone LFG or I get sent tells asking how they can find a group or if they can join mine. So in my opinion to say that "Oh look this faction is OK because they are pop-locked" without taking into account that a percentage of what you see maybe in IC/Sewer runs and hardly ever in Cyrodiil itself is not reasonable. When these groups do come they are usually over ran by one of the other factions. I have played in some of these groups or picked up people out of zone when I had been running solo prior starting a group. I usually end up face planting my keyboard because it is so painful to watch. Some have said the more experienced PvP'er's should teach them... most of the time - when I have picked up people out of zone (which it has been awhile since I have done this I have to admit) I either get no response from them other than to see them leaving group, running off to some other part of the map, or asking me where I get off telling them how to play. There have been rare incidences of one or two that I felt made any progress at all or I invited to join my social/pve guild (where I do sometimes help with doing pvp)- where they soon just disappear and never join back up to pvp or anything else. I have also recommended a few to guilds where I know they will get to play pvp regularly if they choose to. I have trained people to play games before playing ESO and have tried in my social/pve guild it is not an easy task. I do not have any recommendations I am just pointing out the obvious.

Guild relations in EP must improve if we are to start working together to help each other. I am sad to say that there are a few guilds out there that think that just because I am in Haxus, that means I am not here to help the campaign. They are wrong, I love to help. I like objectives, I like helping learn... but I get shut down because I am Haxus. "Why are you coming to such-and-such keep to help, aren't you Haxus? Why do you care?" was a recent PM I got. This upsets me that we have gained this reputation. Despite that, I am still going to push to teach.

From an outsiders perspective all Haxus/Nexus has shown on numerous occasions that they don't care about the map.

I never really played much with Nexus but the fact that people think this about Haxus is just silly. Ofc we care about earning AP but we also generally place having our home keeps at the top of the priority list. We make efforts to take and defend keeps constantly. Decent AP gain comes from this anyway.

Going to be 100% honest. To me this entire thread looks like this:

We need people to be competent for us so we can get more AP and hold our Emp longer. We are too good to add more people to our group.

I disagree. All I see lately in zone chat is haxus people trying to coordinate pugs and try to teach them. Same with Unruh and Frozn.
    And of corse with succeeding in that we can get emp and hold it longer. This is not about AP.

And thank you too Humpie. It's nice to have you and others recognize the efforts. Its been very useful to have you scouting and working with us as much as possible. <3

I mean, everybody farms, everybody. You say you care about scrolls, but, if we put together a ratio of the times you farm a scroll vs running it back, t'would not look good. I've told dc repeatedly in zone to ignore you guys when you take a scroll to the church or wherever and keep focusing on objectives.

When you guys spend hours in the nikel/roebeck/ash/brindle area without ever putting up siege, all alliances know what's up.

Again, everybody farms, everybody. I know you're taking heat, some warranted and some unfair, but that post is trying to whitewash a bit too much. It's neither fair nor accurate to say you guys never focus objectives, but, let's also not try and portray you guys as having been super objective focused, because that's when drinks go up noses.

To end on a less attacky note, I can certainly confirm that haxus has been including new recruits lately as Ive seen them multiple times when fighting you guys. It's good to see new blood.

Intentions are to take keeps, but sometimes when you're pushed 3 or 4 to 1, it's impossible, and it withdraws to a farm because we simply cannot take a keep against those numbers. At the same time, we're keeping DC/AD busy so EP can take other keeps. To say farming is a priority is simply false and inaccurate.

I thought the thread was about how EP doesn't have enough guilds and leadership, so you're keeping dc/ad pugs busy so the leaderless EP can take other keeps? Against the organized yellow and blue guilds? Wut? If you're truly outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1, how are your guildless pugs taking keeps? Do you really not even see how contradictory your post is?

Don't you understand simple features of the game you play lol? What he's saying is those keeps people are drawn away from will either be undefended or defended by significantly less people. Pvdooring is and has always been the easiest facet in ESO pvp, put on your big boy thinking cap and you'd understand.

Your not even refuting his remark that you guys were scroll farming.

Literally in the same thread and DAY, that you all are arguing you dont farm AP and care about the map you guys go and do it on another campaign. Am i missing something here?

I understand why you think you are double teamed the most. I did too when i was on EP. Now I think the same on AD. And i am sure DC thinks it as well.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    The reason I (A lonely AD solo player just trying to have some fun) blame the lag on DC and Daniel in particular is because that's the only time I have first hand encountered it. your zerg is famous in AD and not for a good reason. ever wonder why even when you and DC is sieging roe or nickel or trying to get fights between nickel and ash AD is off fighting EP at BRK and ignoring you? its because they know better and just don't bother anymore.

we had a great back and forth with EP between BRK and Sej were about 50 v 50 pushed and pulled back and forth across that field right up to each others walls a few times and there was no lag to note and a pretty fun time. Hell the fight a few days ago to dethrone the EP emp at BRK had more then that and there was only very minimal lag. (Crown was there trying to organize the AD potatoes XD)

now take last night when Daniel and his zerg wanted to farm some AD potatoes (I was among them watching) at the Gate between ash and nickel, could not have been more then 30 v 30 your blob included but as soon as that blob came out the door server performance went to ***. eventually AD just left and gave up nickel and roe and tried to do something else.

Someone called for a DC zerg?
    gRg5wuP.gif?1
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If I may, has there been a change of direction in Haxus? You're in an interesting spot. All skilled players but it isn't enough to be good when your opponents are also good and outnumber you. I also know your guild takes pride in having smaller numbers, and there is no other EP guild I know of that is capable of fielding decent numbers with a strong core. Either your guild is changing how you play the game (small numbers, defensive) or you're waiting for another guild to build up and take in the burden. And at this point I haven't seen hints of either happening.

Edited by Satiar on January 6, 2016 8:12PM

Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

Buddy I had 22-24, never more than a full group, the emp was taking her granny to the doctor, and we were tagging 47, 69, etc unique names at that gate. Good try though. It seemed like we were fighting the entire AD faction, nothing else was being attacked by y'all during that hour and two other guilds were handling the north.

Now, there were DC pugs in the field you guys mowed down on your 50 return trips to the gate, but by the time you made it to the gate it was just us there. And you died. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Most days I will start with just my core group of maybe 10, and have someone else run our main group somewhere else, yesterday, we had emp, so I ran the whole guild. I can't tell you how many times I start with 10, go to nikel, meet TKO and tag 50 names, eventually die, go rage mode, come back with a full group....and stomp you all night long. I would really really prefer to run 2 ~15 person groups each night, and put them in different locations allllll night long, but when you bring 50, I'll bring 24 and handle it.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nexus was far far better than Havok ever was, Nexus at their prime, throughout all of ESO history, is the best team I've ever fought, and it wasn't even close.

This comment is unnecessarily inflammatory and we will not sit here and fight amongst ourselves about what guild was better. My guildmates are all phenomenal players and all come from two phenomenal guilds, Nexus and Havoc*. And either guild would bring you to your knees. So please sit down, chill out, and stop trying to cause drama.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭

This comment is unnecessarily inflammatory and we will not sit here and fight amongst ourselves about what guild was better. My guildmates are all phenomenal players and all come from two phenomenal guilds, Nexus and Havoc*. And either guild would bring you to your knees. So please sit down, chill out, and stop trying to cause drama.

You know, our guilds used to have a lot of respect for each other, now you keep spouting off at the mouth and are turning it sour. Hmmm, seems similar to how the VE / CN drama started....There could be some common factor here, but I'm still having trouble finding it....hmmmm Maybe you should be lil less toxic...lol

Edit: Because of everyone I remember you first above everyone else talking junk about us before VE kicked you out. Which in many ways started the whole BS that carried on after you got kicked.
    Edited by CN_Daniel on January 6, 2016 8:19PM
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You managed to get "6-8 people", so to speak, together, and repelled us, that's great, had some late night competition. By that stage we were down to 2 Emp keeps. That's great too, made things interesting!

It certainly is about Haxus if a member created this thread asking for more people on EP. Then when called out on AP farming and not fighting for map control, it was strongly argued.

Then that night you went to another campaign and it was confirmed that you farmed. Then went back to Azura's and farmed at Allessia farm.

Are you serious?
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, our guilds used to have a lot of respect for each other, now you keep spouting off at the mouth and are turning it sour. Hmmm, seems similar to how the VE / CN drama started....There could be some common factor here, but I'm still having trouble finding it....hmmmm Maybe you should be lil less toxic...lol

Or maybe you should stop trying to be relevant, let the first raters talk, and go back to zerging down nikel with 70 guys.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If I may, has there been a change of direction in Haxus? You're in an interesting spot. All skilled players but it isn't enough to be good when your opponents are also good and outnumber you. I also know your guild takes pride in having smaller numbers, and there is no other EP guild I know of that is capable of fielding decent numbers with a strong core. Either your guild is changing how you play the game (small numbers, defensive) or you're waiting for another guild to build up and take in the burden. And at this point I haven't seen hints of either happening.

Not for me to say, probably overstepping the mark anyway, my own personal views are that I enjoy smaller groups, if we win we win, we lose to bigger numbers so be it, but I find it easier to play in smaller numbers simply due to my awful NZ ping. Whatever direction the guild goes isn't up to me.

I find it less fun even winning with massive raids because I can't contribute as much other than spam speed and repentance lol. That's not a dig at anyone by the way, that's simply where my ability to play sits.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not all cool with CN but that comment wasn't cray cray. Nexus ran big groups and played it really fast and loose. Speaking personally, and you were there to see it Jules, I don't think any guild put VE on the defensive as much as Nexus did. A solid core of players that were not afraid to engage in any circumstance. There were so many wipes where we got caught on our heels expecting them to kite or hold a choke but they just went for it and ran with it. I definitely fought Nexus open field many more times than I did Havoc and Haxus combined. That's not a bad thing, but people will always remember the aggressive types more. It leaves an impression.

Options