Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Speaking as a casual player, I would like to be great at PvP, but my main is an Argonian NB, shafted by the Fates (Wrobel) and left to drown in potions and poor developer decision-making. PvP guilds want serious, somewhat draconian, time commitments, which many of us cannot do. If there exists a guild that could harness the untapped power of the casual gamer, it would be a force to be reckoned with. Train up a militia. Sure, they're not special forces, but they can swing a sword and flail a staff around. I don't know about others, but I follow orders. And with my gimped lizard passives, I do the best I can. But I also can only play during the midnight hours when the cursed Aussies and Kiwis of the AD roll through like an intense stream of searing yellow urine on snow--the opposition melts away, only to have the map look like a putrid, ***-stained bathroom stall. It offends me deeply to see elves and cats ruling over me, causing my pet dander allergies to flare up, but I'd be lying if I haven't thought about rerolling to not feel like a prison b***h. You can only be cornholed so many times before you start to rethink your life.

One of the Haxus raid leads is an Argonian NB, and my old GM was an Argonian NB. It's perfectly fine in PvP, just need the right build. It isn't as good as it once was, though.

What is the amazing Argonian build you speak of? PM me, seriously. I feel regret every time I play for choosing an Argonian. Does my ESO life truly not have to be like this?

Whisper @Hektlk in game. He will help you find the lizard way.

Is that a capital i or a small l in that name there? I assume a capital i, but I wanna make sure.

I'm pretty sure it's an i. If not try the L.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Pchela wrote: »
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I have been reading through this tread and I can't speak to or won't attempt to speak to majority of what I am reading. However in regards to the part that I have been reading about EP being pop-locked (yes I know the picture that was posted was of Azura's, which I consider to be an outlying statistic) and I maybe as mixed up as a football bat but at least when I have been on Haderous and I have seen pop-locked EP most of the time it is because there are a lot of people in the sewers. Majority of the time from my experience only - the groups in the sewers hardly ever come out to play in Cyrodiil itself. If I do see them not in the sewers it is rarely in any kind of organized group. Most of the time it is in zone LFG or I get sent tells asking how they can find a group or if they can join mine. So in my opinion to say that "Oh look this faction is OK because they are pop-locked" without taking into account that a percentage of what you see maybe in IC/Sewer runs and hardly ever in Cyrodiil itself is not reasonable. When these groups do come they are usually over ran by one of the other factions. I have played in some of these groups or picked up people out of zone when I had been running solo prior starting a group. I usually end up face planting my keyboard because it is so painful to watch. Some have said the more experienced PvP'er's should teach them... most of the time - when I have picked up people out of zone (which it has been awhile since I have done this I have to admit) I either get no response from them other than to see them leaving group, running off to some other part of the map, or asking me where I get off telling them how to play. There have been rare incidences of one or two that I felt made any progress at all or I invited to join my social/pve guild (where I do sometimes help with doing pvp)- where they soon just disappear and never join back up to pvp or anything else. I have also recommended a few to guilds where I know they will get to play pvp regularly if they choose to. I have trained people to play games before playing ESO and have tried in my social/pve guild it is not an easy task. I do not have any recommendations I am just pointing out the obvious.

Guild relations in EP must improve if we are to start working together to help each other. I am sad to say that there are a few guilds out there that think that just because I am in Haxus, that means I am not here to help the campaign. They are wrong, I love to help. I like objectives, I like helping learn... but I get shut down because I am Haxus. "Why are you coming to such-and-such keep to help, aren't you Haxus? Why do you care?" was a recent PM I got. This upsets me that we have gained this reputation. Despite that, I am still going to push to teach.

Well what did you expect? (Not directed at you, but your associated guilds) From an outsiders perspective all Haxus/Nexus has shown on numerous occasions that they don't care about the map. The only 2 things they have shown to regularly care about is farming AP and crowning their own emp. Playing the primary objectives when it makes them efficient ap or effects getting emp so they can make more ap. I fairly certain someone said something like this on the forums before, and Meth essentially said yeah that is true.

edit: It just seems silly that the faction withthe most high ranked players is complaining about a lack of leadership.

But not upset enough to leave the Alessia bridge totally enough player about 14 but stayed there I left the bridge took three keeps you (your group) still at the bridge. Thank you. I was glad for once my fellow AD are gluttons for punishment. I want to give a good laugh but this is totally true. Ad was sieging Alessia last weekend we thought we would be funny and troll. Our group of nine ad were sitting on our horses mine side big rock towards Sej while ad Sieged Alessia as it was a BLUE keep. Someone whispered to me, "are you haxus on your yellow toons". I said no why would you think that. He wrote back when I am on my EP toon they just wait there. I said on horses and he said no in stealth I said well so it's true they are better at this than we are. Lesson learned now we will wait there in stealth... Next time. Got some knowledge dropped on me that day. I will say I saved a lot of AP from not sieging or repairing walls.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i would have went DC, but the character restrictions in PvP stop me from doing so:/
    Options
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    It's almost funny, I remember reading posts much like the one I'm about to write coming from NA DC last Spring. It appears the tides have turned again, and it's time we started talking about it.

As many have read, NA EP has now lost Guild of Shadows (GOS), as its leaders have decided to take a step back and no longer PVP competitively. Their departure is very sad and caps a series of losses for EP. The Pact has seen the loss of many key leaders and guilds in the last 6 months. And there has been very little organization established in their absence. As a result of this, the faction has been steadily declining in effectiveness over this time. There are approximately 2 hardcore PVP guilds left on EP, both of which do not run full raids. This is not meant to offend any remaining EP guilds. Yet, there is still general consensus; both in terms of activity and ability of a hardcore PVP guild.

In addition to the loss of guilds, EP has seen the loss of many solo and small group players as well. Many have rerolled to DC or AD, while others have quit the game entirely; weakening that community on EP and attracting more skilled players away from it. I couldn't even list a small scale squad on EP that would be equivalent to an Aenlir/Lowpolicy, Fengrush/Essa type play. If they're here, then I apologize, but I just never see it.

All I ever see is giant groups of people who need more experience. If other factions are honest with themselves, they will recognize that though EP may have hoards of people, they are most often what 1vX clips are made of, as they are generally inexperienced players. It is primarily this imbalance that makes EP so weak right now.

I guess the point in all of this is just to state that as a faction, we recognize that we are weaker than we have been in the past. If you or your guild is looking for truly competitive PVP, if you are looking to go against the strongest players rather than farm the weakest, I encourage you to try your hand against the strength of DC and AD right now.

I'll reroll an EP toon if such is the case.
    Might take forever though :(.

Need a grinding partner let me know :smile:
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    Options
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    More importantly, why does ad and dc's undaunted camps have stairs leading directly to the gold chest. It's an outrage!
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »
    More importantly, why does ad and dc's undaunted camps have stairs leading directly to the gold chest. It's an outrage!

Gold or bust baby.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options