• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »
    FMonk wrote: »
    Hektik_V wrote: »
    But can Sypher survive gap closers

Lol please. Haxus nightblades are notorious for abusing this ***. You guys have good enough players that you don't need to abuse things like this and fall damage on stairs, stop doing it.

With 250 days played on my sorc. I can say, whats wrong with using cheap (broken) skills to counter other cheap (broken) skills. I'm looking at you non critable shield stacking. (Or vice versa. Using non critable shield stacking to negate ambush spammers) Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game . Not to mention fall dmg supposed to be fixed months ago. Killing a few in large raids means nothing, with kags set ppl pop right back up and into the fight no rez sickness adding to the AoE cap. With further reduced dmg last patch I don't even call you guys pugs anymore. You're just AoE caps to me.

-Methuselah

And this attitude right here is why broken mechanics becomes exploits because terrible gameplay.... And the video we have in this thread. Let's all just exploit till things get fixed boys and girls. Then we will have a really fun game with stellar fights and a vibrant community.
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol please. Haxus nightblades are notorious for abusing this ***. You guys have good enough players that you don't need to abuse things like this and fall damage on stairs, stop doing it.

With 250 days played on my sorc. I can say, whats wrong with using cheap (broken) skills to counter other cheap (broken) skills. I'm looking at you non critable shield stacking. (Or vice versa. Using non critable shield stacking to negate ambush spammers) Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game . Not to mention fall dmg supposed to be fixed months ago. Killing a few in large raids means nothing, with kags set ppl pop right back up and into the fight no rez sickness adding to the AoE cap. With further reduced dmg last patch I don't even call you guys pugs anymore. You're just AoE caps to me.

-Methuselah

lol.

You know that's not how it works bro.
    Options
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

-Methuselah

And this attitude right here is why broken mechanics becomes exploits because terrible gameplay.... And the video we have in this thread. Let's all just exploit till things get fixed boys and girls. Then we will have a really fun game with stellar fights and a vibrant community.

But it takes ZENI forever to acknowledge anything let alone fix it. Of course people are going to abuse it if its in the game. Just like Orbs, dark flare, caltrops etc etc. We are beating a dead horse here because we know ZENI cant patch ***, and we expect everyone to not use them. *** that after you come across some d bag using whatever exploit, you come back and use it yourself. Have fun when and where you can at this point. I stopped playing a month or two before once they said they werent going to doing anything to fix dark flare spam until 1.6 . Then when 1.6 patch notes came out i get a nice surprise on how my NBs play style got nerfed not just to the ground but 6 feet under. I instantly knew why they didnt fix dark flare.
    Options
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how people think Sypher is a great PvP player when in reality he is average compared to the best players in the game that do not stream and get attention.
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    I love how people think Sypher is a great PvP player when in reality he is average compared to the best players in the game that do not stream and get attention.

Well that came outta nowhere lmfao

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

-Methuselah

There are plenty of times that you guys do this even when you do the outnumbering. Even when we have similar numbers and we're in open field and there's friendly "come fight me" banter, I still see you guys maneuvering to find an incline, stairs, whatever. Even if it's just for lols at that point - repeatedly, and knowingly using an incredibly broken mechanic like that starts to put those players into the same category as the sorc who shall not be named that used to bug out damage mitigation on his shields. We're not talking about dual wield hammers kinda broken, we're talking about oneshotting multiple people with no counter other than to never leave flat ground. The players in haxus are good enough to win without relying on broken oneshot mechanics, even when outnumbered; it's beneath you, and it diminishes all of the skillful play you guys do outside of it.
    I could write a whole essay on this, but I'll go back ingame and meteor fall dmg ppl until enough complain and something is done to fix it. Thought you would know thats how this works by now.

We've been complaining about it forever, and the few things that have been fixed due to complaints (exploiting into outposts, etc.) took many long months for a fix to even worm its way into a patch. You guys are using it either for the lols, or because it's easy. Most players realize when a bug/exploit is so past the point of broken that it shouldn't even be used. I've never had to worry about yellow doing this us. Why are you even in pvp if you're just looking to hit one button and oneshot people without them even being able to do anything about it? It's sad, and you really shouldn't continue trying to defend it - there's no way that this turns out well.
    Edited by Zheg on December 12, 2015 6:35PM
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ummmm... Yeah, okay.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Soulac wrote: »
    At least Ambush doesn´t go through dodge.. Yeah, I´m looking at you Lotus Fan.
    Yesterday I encountered a four man nightblade squad, doing nothing else than using ambush/lotus fan, that´s ridiculous

That's ridiculous. What lowlife scumbag nightblade would spam lotus fan, knowing how broken it is (yes, it should not go through dodge)

tS8uyBS.jpg

Nevermind.

All gap closers should be dodgeable. Currently Lotus Fan and Toppling Charge (the latter is all sorts of buggy) are not dodgeable meaning that you will get hit mid-dodge, take the damage, have to CC break etc.. on top having dodge on cool-down

Also the root and silence mechanic on every gap closer that Wrobel introduced, well let's say that if I properly expressed my feelings about it I'd get banned. The fact it ignore snare/root immunity as well is *******

I would also argue that all gap closers should have a minimum range about the same as melee skills 5m-7m. Considering most of them have a form of CC built in like ...ambush->root, lotus->snare, toppling charge->knockdown, invasion->knockdown, stampede->snare...there's no reason these skills should be active at melee range and result in an unending cycle of CC.

The aggregate result of all the above is that gap closers are silly strong at the moment and when you outnumber the enemy he has next to 0 chance of escaping when the gap-closer spam commences. For me it's the prime reason small-scale PvP has taken a massive hit. More so than AoE caps, given they've always been in place after all.

And all things considered, Sorcs and NBs have it kinda nice, they still maintain a tiny chance to gain mobility and disengage. If you're a DK or Templar trying to small scale though, you just can't move half the time and it's the most infuriating thing ever.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

-Methuselah

There are plenty of times that you guys do this even when you do the outnumbering. Even when we have similar numbers and we're in open field and there's friendly "come fight me" banter, I still see you guys maneuvering to find an incline, stairs, whatever. Even if it's just for lols at that point - repeatedly, and knowingly using an incredibly broken mechanic like that starts to put those players into the same category as the sorc who shall not be named that used to bug out damage mitigation on his shields. We're not talking about dual wield hammers kinda broken, we're talking about oneshotting multiple people with no counter other than to never leave flat ground. The players in haxus are good enough to win without relying on broken oneshot mechanics, even when outnumbered; it's beneath you, and it diminishes all of the skillful play you guys do outside of it.
    I could write a whole essay on this, but I'll go back ingame and meteor fall dmg ppl until enough complain and something is done to fix it. Thought you would know thats how this works by now.

We've been complaining about it forever, and the few things that have been fixed due to complaints (exploiting into outposts, etc.) took many long months for a fix to even worm its way into a patch. You guys are using it either for the lols, or because it's easy. Most players realize when a bug/exploit is so past the point of broken that it shouldn't even be used. I've never had to worry about yellow doing this us. Why are you even in pvp if you're just looking to hit one button and oneshot people without them even being able to do anything about it? It's sad, and you really shouldn't continue trying to defend it - there's no way that this turns out well.

Sorry Zheg, fall damage is something that doesn't get discussed, and certainly isn't a group tactic. You can take your tin foil hat off whenever you're ready.
    Edited by Elong on December 12, 2015 7:09PM
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-Methuselah
    Edit: You had no problem stacking with 2 ep raids the other night in an attempt to crown your self. Sorry you have no right to complain about being outnumbered considering the amount of times I have seen you rofl stomp others you outnumber.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZXHHcIFiI
    Edited by manny254 on December 12, 2015 7:13PM
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to remind everyone that he was using shield to help avoid those damage. Imagine someone who doesn't have shields?

This isn't even funny at this point, Buffing lotus fan isn't going to fix the REAL issue with this ability. Nerf Ambush! What part of that do you guys not get Zen?

Do we have to make a zerg dedicated to Ambush spam to make you nerf it? Do we have to maximize it's damage to one shot someone every single time? Seriously, I want someone to do that just so they can nerf it. This is worse than a man-child who use lighting spears to cheese Dark souls 2.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad for the nightblades who use Teleport Strike and its morphs properly and don't sit there spamming just to be a**holes.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on December 12, 2015 7:22PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Soulac wrote: »
    At least Ambush doesn´t go through dodge.. Yeah, I´m looking at you Lotus Fan.
    Yesterday I encountered a four man nightblade squad, doing nothing else than using ambush/lotus fan, that´s ridiculous

That's ridiculous. What lowlife scumbag nightblade would spam lotus fan, knowing how broken it is (yes, it should not go through dodge)

tS8uyBS.jpg

Nevermind.

If I'm on my Magika NB, and I'm fighting someone doing the dodge roll around while vigor/rally ticking themselves to full hp... you'd better believe I'm going to Lotus fan the f' out of them to finish them off.
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens everytime I go near haxus :'(

No honor!
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    krim wrote: »

-Methuselah

But it takes ZENI forever to acknowledge anything let alone fix it. Of course people are going to abuse it if its in the game. Just like Orbs, dark flare, caltrops etc etc. We are beating a dead horse here because we know ZENI cant patch ***, and we expect everyone to not use them. *** that after you come across some d bag using whatever exploit, you come back and use it yourself. Have fun when and where you can at this point. I stopped playing a month or two before once they said they werent going to doing anything to fix dark flare spam until 1.6 . Then when 1.6 patch notes came out i get a nice surprise on how my NBs play style got nerfed not just to the ground but 6 feet under. I instantly knew why they didnt fix dark flare.

Nothing you say here is wrong, to be sure. Just consider what you are here for: a few cheap lols exploiting broken *** or a functioning pvp space where the players can compete and have fun over a long period of time. Yes, the onus is on ZOS to fix ***. But everyone acts like a *** psychopath when they get on the Internet: "lol get rekt boi I shot you with a million damage prox det exploit. Lawl! Taste my virtual tbag"
    Edited by Ishammael on December 12, 2015 7:49PM
    Options
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB minimum range distance on Teleport Strikes and it's morphs.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-Methuselah

Meth you're a great guy and a great player, but that doesn't make abusing exploits any less cheap. Attempting to proc fall damage, abusing bugged siege damage while emp... I mean it sincerely and without sarcasm when I say you're better than that.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »
    If I'm on my Magika NB, and I'm fighting someone doing the dodge roll around while vigor/rally ticking themselves to full hp... you'd better believe I'm going to Lotus fan the f' out of them to finish them off.
    Then they should rename roll dodging to "Roll dodge everything bar Magicka NB abilities", because in reality you can't DODGE lotus fan or even concealed weapon I believe.
    I was ganked by yet another mag nb while duelling, so to try and get some health back I attempted to dodge roll and heal.

Didn't work out too well.

DFVuzaW.jpg

It's called dodge for a reason, otherwise it's not a god damn dodge because you're taking the hit.
    Options
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if people will still think that the Haxus guild members and meth are actually elite players when they admit and knowingly use exploits to win. People should think twice before asking to join guilds like this.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

-Methuselah

Sorry Zheg, fall damage is something that doesn't get discussed, and certainly isn't a group tactic. You can take your tin foil hat off whenever you're ready.

I've repeatedly baited multiple meteor bombs by stepping on stairs. It happens so much with y'all, and as the thread shows it's not coincidence ;)

Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if people will still think that the Haxus guild members and meth are actually elite players when they admit and knowingly use exploits to win. People should think twice before asking to join guilds like this.

Haxus has some amazing players, it's why people want to be there and play there. Also why that type of behavior is disappointing to say the least.

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »

-Methuselah

I've repeatedly baited multiple meteor bombs by stepping on stairs. It happens so much with y'all, and as the thread shows it's not coincidence ;)

I'm pretty chilled about this sort of stuff as you know mate, but it's not a coordinated effort.

I've died to fall damage as much as everyone else, everyone is in the same boat.
    Options
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »

-Methuselah

Nothing you say here is wrong, to be sure. Just consider what you are here for: a few cheap lols exploiting broken *** or a functioning pvp space where the players can compete and have fun over a long period of time. Yes, the onus is on ZOS to fix ***. But everyone acts like a *** psychopath when they get on the Internet: "lol get rekt boi I shot you with a million damage prox det exploit. Lawl! Taste my virtual tbag"

Not everyone is, but if we cant control what people do and what skills they abuse, and ZOS doesnt fix things quickly or at all what can you do. The options are small and the person killing you with exploits is having fun in their minds.

1. Quit the game because the exploits make it unplayable
    2. You keep playing normally because the exploits only effect you every once in a while.
    3. You keep playing and resort to exploiting broken skills yourself when need be.

I remember in Alacrity at the end of 1.5 our templars wouldnt use dark flare spam because we thought that we were better than that, even though everyone else would do nothing but spam dark flare on us. Seeing as how half of our core members left the game way before this what Alacrity was left with was 80% family and friends. We really couldnt afford to be gimping ourselves like that. Thats why you see the special mist forces group videos only with 3-8 players max because thats all that was left of Alacrity the last 4-6 months before 1.6. Me as leader of the group i understood what we could and could not do and we had fun holding up mile gates and bridges and thats literally all i did for 3 months. Until known groups started using dark flare spam to instantly wipe us instead of using valid counters like they did before. Why waste our ultis and negates when we can just dark flare you to death. I remember making a thread about it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/143392/that-dark-flare-spam-tho/p1

Completely taking me out of the game. There was no way i could do anything better to survive dark flare spam.

What I and other class builds were able to accomplish is why they never fixed it. 4 minutes and 12 seconds into the special mist forces video is a good example.

These threads just keep reminding me how wack ZOS is. Specifically how the game has a pvp lead that has nothing to do with actual pvp combat.

Edited by krim on December 12, 2015 8:59PM
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dark flare spam was ughhhh. I remember when we started using it more in Havoc. I didn't even realize what it did until Teargrants told me it was stacking and I felt so dirty

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dark flare spam was ughhhh. I remember when we started using it more in Havoc. I didn't even realize what it did until Teargrants told me it was stacking and I felt so dirty

Yep, that was one bug I genuinely didn't know about (ran solo then) and got angry about being called an exploiter in hate tells. Found out waaaay after the fact!
    Options
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB non-NB campagin.

OK j/k, but seriously, this needs to fixed asap. The damn mini-stun from gap closers sucks as it is, but at least giving Ambush a minimum distance would help. Maybe all gap closers should have a minimum distance of 10m or so?
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
    Options
  • Turtl3Lov3
    Turtl3Lov3
    ✭✭✭✭
    vltne.jpg

LOVE THE TURTLE
    Options
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭

tS8uyBS.jpg

DFVuzaW.jpg

This is normal for a most NB fights atm, except for the groups fight where Steal Tornado takes over. I can't blame them for using it and lets face it, it works. But I do love after the fight is done some of the NB's pst you on how bad of a fighter you are.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DFVuzaW.jpg

This guy actually deserves a magblade medal LOL. Do you have any idea how hard it is to land that many Concealed Weapons in a row? That is assuming of course that the target wasn't afk or didn't know how to CC break the first stun.

Options
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing that drove me nuts about it was that i would charge into a group of enemies fighting and the moment i show up 4 templars instantly start spamming dark flare on me. Its like they specifically have it on their bars just for that. I didnt mind if i show up and i instantly get negated the moment i drop a ulti. Or i get feared over and over to drain my stamina. Those are valid counters right, but to resort to spamming dark flare. That was low and dirty. I feel like they leave these type of exploitable skills in the game to deal with meta builds as a easy way out. Like the current gap closers spam. They wont fix it and if they do they probably changed how the games mechanics work as whole so it doesnt matter anymore. Yeah we will fix dark flare healing debuff stacking in 1.6 but it wont matter because we got rid of that play style anyway.
    Edited by krim on December 12, 2015 10:02PM
    Options