• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

lol

• Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    FMonk wrote: »
    Hektik_V wrote: »
    But can Sypher survive gap closers

Lol please. Haxus nightblades are notorious for abusing this ***. You guys have good enough players that you don't need to abuse things like this and fall damage on stairs, stop doing it.

With 250 days played on my sorc. I can say, whats wrong with using cheap (broken) skills to counter other cheap (broken) skills. I'm looking at you non critable shield stacking. (Or vice versa. Using non critable shield stacking to negate ambush spammers) Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game . Not to mention fall dmg supposed to be fixed months ago. Killing a few in large raids means nothing, with kags set ppl pop right back up and into the fight no rez sickness adding to the AoE cap. With further reduced dmg last patch I don't even call you guys pugs anymore. You're just AoE caps to me.

Edited by Zavus on December 14, 2015 12:24PM
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dekt

rip decibel
    Options
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »

Lol please. Haxus nightblades are notorious for abusing this ***. You guys have good enough players that you don't need to abuse things like this and fall damage on stairs, stop doing it.
    ...Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game...

-Methuselah

What's wrong with it is that outnumbering your opponent is not an exploit, it is a legitimate game play mechanic that the developers intended to be a part of the game.

That attitude reminds me of the Twice-Born Star bug era, where people were telling me that it was okay to use it because the devs hadn't fixed it yet and using it was right as a "protest" against the game's shortcomings. You don't get to break rules because you think the game is unfair.

edited for readability
    Edited by JDar on December 12, 2015 10:55AM
    Options
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    Lol... way to hit 1 button Thanks for the new meta ZOS
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this shows how underpowered NBs are. takes xy of them to kill 1 guy :p
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anzriel wrote: »
    That....was painful to watch....and the worst part is it isn't uncommon..... I love my magicka nightblade, but honestly seeing this almost makes me ashamed. >.<

I realize it's a sign of bads, and good players don't do that, but it's getting silly.

No, good players do do crap like that; "good" players have spammed one skill on me more times than i care to count. And i can't even blame them for it. I mean lets be real here, we have a skill that's fast, has a CC and hits for 6K+ damage...... why not spam it?.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 12, 2015 11:21AM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Crit rush, Invasion etc have a minimal range you need to have to your opponent
    Ambush does not, which makes it a "idiotproof" gap closer.

Now one might ask WHY does it not have a minimal range needed? Only ZOS knows the answer to this question, actually I am not even sure if they know lul
    Edited by Alcast on December 12, 2015 11:51AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »

...Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game...

-Methuselah

What's wrong with it is that outnumbering your opponent is not an exploit, it is a legitimate game play mechanic that the developers intended to be a part of the game.

That attitude reminds me of the Twice-Born Star bug era, where people were telling me that it was okay to use it because the devs hadn't fixed it yet and using it was right as a "protest" against the game's shortcomings. You don't get to break rules because you think the game is unfair.

edited for readability

I could write a whole essay on this, but I'll go back ingame and meteor fall dmg ppl until enough complain and something is done to fix it. Thought you would know thats how this works by now.
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OT sorry, thread was ambushed
    Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game .

erm because it's used it even when you're not that's why.

but more often than not of course you are outnumbered, you wouldn't have it any other way

you're the king of the sucker punch

Edited by BRogueNZ on December 12, 2015 12:32PM
    Options
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, right, no one is exploiting the gap closer silencing mechanic, right ZoS?

@ZOS_MattFiror , @ZOS_RichLambert , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
    Options
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    cdobratz wrote: »
    Ambush is too weak IMO. Needs empower buff added to it >:)

ambush is weak, what gear are you wearing dude?
    Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha this is ridicolous and no time to pressure. XD
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have 5 buttons everyone spams something, the goal is to kill your enemy how is irrelevant, as long as your not cheating.

We have lava whip lava whip, jabs jabs jabs, spamnado spamnado, shards shards, wrecking blow, qrecking blow. Welcome to Elder Spam Online.

Radiant Mage light, along with overload would have went along way in that fight.
    Options
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    we have 5 buttons everyone spams something, the goal is to kill your enemy how is irrelevant, as long as your not cheating.

We have lava whip lava whip, jabs jabs jabs, spamnado spamnado, shards shards, wrecking blow, qrecking blow. Welcome to Elder Spam Online.

Radiant Mage light, along with overload would have went along way in that fight.

And here comes a person who doesn't know WHY everyone complains about ambush spam
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    ambush (n): Those hiding in order to attack by surprise

I think at some point in that video it became less of a surprise. Fair play to you for not throwing your keyboard through the monitor like I would have done.

This is the EXACT reason why ambush needs to have a cast time! The cast time should be no problem at all if it's actually being used to ambush someone who hasn't seen you yet.

Not a cast time, a minimum distance would be better to stop someone spamming it in your face over and over, the reason being it makes ambushing for a NB (let's be honest, this is a gank class so it's supposed to be fast and effective at killing from stealth) a little ineffective. Not sure what they can do to stop multiples of it from many people though. I can see this as being a problem that will linger.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I asked for cycling 3 states...
    stunnable - stunned & immune 4s - immune states 4s (time debatable)
    No chain stuns, no group stuns and guarantees you cant be stunned below 50% DPS potential.

Normally you'd be in the stunnable state.
    Someone gap close / stuns you = stunned + immune for 4s
    No other stuns work in this state...regardless of who or where they come from.

Then you cycle to stun immune state for 4s.
    So you have no more than 4s with no dps output followed by at least 4s with full dps output.
    To give a net of 50% DPS/HPS output minimum (ratio debatable).

This guarantees even if you are stun spammed you remain functional.
    So this scenario you suffered isn't guaranteed death.
    But it also enables gap closers to keep up with your escape attempts.
    If they have the resource.

[It would be nice to have variable length stuns to give..
    eg. 1s stun/immune + 1s immune etc
    but that requires checking all the incoming attacks, selecting the active one, adjusting timers..with all the code (load) that comes with the added complication]
    Edited by Rune_Relic on December 12, 2015 2:12PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I don't love gap closers. I use them occasionally, but in general I think they're kind of cheap. If you saw me spamming Lotus Fan a few weeks ago, it was because it is so infrequently on a bar that I spammed it thinking it was a different ability--one less controversial to spam. :p (because we all spam something in this game.)

But I don't see a problem with the events in this video. Obviously mobility is a big part of your game and a big part of Sorc gameplay. You were constantly on the move, so yeah, these melee builds closed that gap before you broke LOS and recovered. Why would they give you a chance to unload a combo on one and maybe get a kill?

Perhaps it can be argued that all gap closers should be subject to the same cost rule as bolt escape and its morphs.

The problem is that the game forces you to stand there unable to do anything until they hit. If you watch the video you'll notice that with three people spamming it against him, he's literally unable to do anything at all, no moving, no dodge rolling, no skills. It's a glitch, not a valid game play tactic.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skillbar blinking from shield spam. "Ohh, the Ambush spam". L2P shield spammer.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anzriel wrote: »
    That....was painful to watch....and the worst part is it isn't uncommon..... I love my magicka nightblade, but honestly seeing this almost makes me ashamed. >.<

I realize it's a sign of bads, and good players don't do that, but it's getting silly.
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Them uncrittable shields be OP.

Really? THAT was what you got from that? >.>

Yeah. That's bout all I got. Besides, how else they supposed to close the gap on a sorc.
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what? People die to shards? :D

Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If some average Joe posted this video of ambush spam there would be tons of l2p and "you are n00b" posts. But since it's posted by Sypher people agree that ambush spam is a problem!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    If some average Joe posted this video of ambush spam there would be tons of l2p and "you are n00b" posts. But since it's posted by Sypher people agree that ambush spam is a problem!

In that case, the people posting L2P about this would be the ones who would need to learn about how gap closers work in the game.

Ambush spam is a problem, and it's a problem no matter which class you are. Why does it not say in the skill descriptions of Critical Rush, Shield Charge and Ambush, by the way, what they actually do?
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love how people admit they are going to use cheezy/broken/exploits just because they think their opponent is too strong. Honesty is refreshing.
    Options
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    Skillbar blinking from shield spam. "Ohh, the Ambush spam". L2P shield spammer.

What the heck is this even supposed to mean? Of course he is going to use his shields, should he just give up and die? :/
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love how people admit they are going to use cheezy/broken/exploits just because they think their opponent is too strong. Honesty is refreshing.

Sounds like they have a L2P issue.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭

this may be the most ignorant comment ever made
    Options
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    I personally liked the part where hes trying to walk away but ya know he cant move and cant cast. Those guys knew how to abuse that ***.
    Like a Boss!
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    At least Ambush doesn´t go through dodge.. Yeah, I´m looking at you Lotus Fan.
    Yesterday I encountered a four man nightblade squad, doing nothing else than using ambush/lotus fan, that´s ridiculous

That's ridiculous. What lowlife scumbag nightblade would spam lotus fan, knowing how broken it is (yes, it should not go through dodge)

tS8uyBS.jpg

Nevermind.
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »

-Methuselah

edited for readability

I could write a whole essay on this, but I'll go back ingame and meteor fall dmg ppl until enough complain and something is done to fix it. Thought you would know thats how this works by now.

wow. this is right up therecwith Moutainhound bragging about exploiting.
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With 250 days played on my sorc. I can say, whats wrong with using cheap (broken) skills to counter other cheap (broken) skills. I'm looking at you non critable shield stacking. (Or vice versa. Using non critable shield stacking to negate ambush spammers) Whats wrong with using Meteor on stairs to get fall dmg kills when your outnumbered 4x over and we have things like AoE caps that empower the numbers game . Not to mention fall dmg supposed to be fixed months ago. Killing a few in large raids means nothing, with kags set ppl pop right back up and into the fight no rez sickness adding to the AoE cap. With further reduced dmg last patch I don't even call you guys pugs anymore. You're just AoE caps to me.

-Methuselah

There is a difference between using intended mechanics and exploitable mechanics.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options