Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

lol

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @Wrobel why not just remove the snare altogether and the put a cooldown on the immobilize? Lets say 5-10 second cooldown, this way gap closers are not going to be abused. A snare is honestly a bad idea and will still cause players to feel like they are being trapped and pinned down if 5 people are throwing a gap closer on them as seen in the OP's video. Just a thought

This.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Nigh Blade and I need the following buffs:

1. Don't nerf ambush I like it slotted on my NR1 key.
    2. Make /lol emote slottable so I could put it on NR2 key.
    3. Make /shovel emote slottable so I could put it on my NR3 key.
    4. Make /facepalm emote slottable so I could put it on my NR4 key.
    5. Make /pray emote slottable so I could put it on my NR5 key. - Friends die too of ambush i need to pray fast or I will be ambushed otherwise.
    6. Can I have tea-bagging ultimate please.
    7. Not sure I need weapon swap you can remove it - it might fix the lag.

The game is almost perfect just couple of things are missing really.

Cheers!
    Options
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Nigh Blade and I need the following buffs:

1. Don't nerf ambush I like it slotted on my NR1 key.
    2. Make /lol emote slottable so I could put it on NR2 key.
    3. Make /shovel emote slottable so I could put it on my NR3 key.
    4. Make /facepalm emote slottable so I could put it on my NR4 key.
    5. Make /pray emote slottable so I could put it on my NR5 key. - Friends die too of ambush i need to pray fast or I will be ambushed otherwise.
    6. Can I have tea-bagging ultimate please.
    7. Not sure I need weapon swap you can remove it - it might fix the lag.

The game is almost perfect just couple of things are missing really.

Cheers!

I def agree there are a lot of nb ass holes out there
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Currently gap closers apply a -100% movement speed debuff for .5 seconds. This snare cannot be avoided or reduced by any abilities, so it locks your character in place. It works this way because we want charges to reliably hit enemies. It means if 2 players are casting Ambush on a target every half second, they will not be able to move. This is too strong of a lockdown and we would like to relax it, while still making charge abilities get to the target.

To accomplish this, we'll be reducing the snare to -60% and increase the duration to .75 seconds. This will make it feel more responsive as a person being charged because you can still control your character instead of getting stuck in place. With the change you can move slightly further with 1 person charging you, and much further if multiple enemies are charging you. Note that these values aren’t final and we will be adjusting based on PTS feedback.

That doesnt make any sense. It used to work in the past, why does it have to be like this at all?
    And why do we have different chargemechanics at all? as the templar charge etc.
    Why is it not the same at all? I'd really love to have an explanation on that because i really struggle to understand these changes.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off as a nb I'm in favor of fixing this. I'll agree we are overpowered atm. go ahead and give ambush the streak treatment + adding a minimum distance required + also changing the snare like u said Wrobel... NERF it to the ground cause I just use it like it's intended - to gap close and empower my next attack. I'll admit I do also use it to chase down a blinky sorc, and will continue to do so.

However I honestly don't see the problem with 3 nbs spamming ambush vs one person, or 3 Templars spamming breath of life against one person and keeping each other up, or 3 sorcs spamming shields and standing in mines so that one opponent can't touch them, or 3 dks doing whatever cheesy crap it is they could do against 1 person. Sure those are more defensive examples for other classes but whatever. cheesy tactics really don't bother me at all.

If I encounter these people doing stupid crap to me, I just lol and move off, or find friends and kill them, because whatever it is they are doing can be countered.

So while I agree that ambush spam is not a good thing, I do not think this is a rearming trap bug level issue. I think the real issue is that people feel nightblades are overpowered. So on that level sure give some reasonable nerfs to some nb abilities.

I just don't think it's correct to act like all the sudden everyone is crippled in pvp because 3 nightblades can stun lock you. Find some nightblades on your side to stun lock their *** asses, or anyone else for that matter.

If we start trying to weed out all the cheesy crap each class can do it's going to be a WOW style spiral towards homogenized boring combat.

I'm a Sorc and I don't want Ambush nerfed like Bolt Escape. :unamused:
    Gap Closers aren't much of a problem if you don't outnumber your opponent(s). But if you do, they are too effective while being easy to use. As it was for Radiant Oppression for example, but worse.
    A minimum range requirement might be a good idea because Ambush also has an inbuilt root listed in the tooltip though.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now of the opinion gap closers should be easy to avoid. If a mobile target is missed because it is moving too fast or has moved behind an obstruction, then good! The value of drastically and quickly reducing gap itself is huge. They shouldn't also be an automatic gateway to a combo.

I strongly advocate the complete removal of all stun/snare/silence mechanisms that assist gap closers. This would actually add components of timing and skill which gap closers presently lack.

I would also like to see the cost of gap closers increased or damage substantially reduced. Generally speaking, they have an inefficient cost to damage ratio, but that doesn't matter because resource management is a bit of a joke in the era of 40k resource pools.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I'm now of the opinion gap closers should be easy to avoid. If a mobile target is missed because it is moving too fast or has moved behind an obstruction, then good! The value of drastically and quickly reducing gap itself is huge. They shouldn't also be an automatic gateway to a combo.

I strongly advocate the complete removal of all stun/snare/silence mechanisms that assist gap closers. This would actually add components of timing and skill which gap closers presently lack.

I would also like to see the cost of gap closers increased or damage substantially reduced. Generally speaking, they have an inefficient cost to damage ratio, but that doesn't matter because resource management is a bit of a joke in the era of 40k resource pools.

In case you missed it, we are december 23th, not april 1st.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently gap closers apply a -100% movement speed debuff for .5 seconds. This snare cannot be avoided or reduced by any abilities, so it locks your character in place. It works this way because we want charges to reliably hit enemies. It means if 2 players are casting Ambush on a target every half second, they will not be able to move. This is too strong of a lockdown and we would like to relax it, while still making charge abilities get to the target.

To accomplish this, we'll be reducing the snare to -60% and increase the duration to .75 seconds. This will make it feel more responsive as a person being charged because you can still control your character instead of getting stuck in place. With the change you can move slightly further with 1 person charging you, and much further if multiple enemies are charging you. Note that these values aren’t final and we will be adjusting based on PTS feedback.

Please tell these idiots this has nothing to do with Ambush.
    Options
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    ridiculous game, just spam one ability)))

wondering every day that so many players still playing this .... boring ... gameplay

or its not boring for some amount of people?

I don't play PvP anymore in ESO... Watching the grass grow is more interesting
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

If it were April 1st, most of us would have hundreds of fewer CPs and probably around 25% less stamina/magicka. Spamming gap closers was less an issue then because of these factors.

I know you're just being an ass, but the point stands. The idea that the target should be impaired to enable thoughtless use of gap closers is silly. Creating/maintaining gap can require skill. Asking that closing gap can require the same isn't asking too much.

As someone who isn't afraid to express his sometimes extremely biased opinions, you should consider tossing fewer stones from your glass house.
    Edited by zyk on December 23, 2015 6:34PM
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it were April 1st, most of us would have hundreds of fewer CPs and probably around 25% less stamina/magicka. Spamming gap closers was less an issue then because of these factors.

I know you're just being an ass, but the point stands. The idea that the target should be impaired to enable thoughtless use of gap closers is silly. Creating/maintaining gap can require skill. Asking that closing gap can require the same isn't asking too much.

As someone who isn't afraid to express his sometimes extremely biased opinions, you should consider tossing fewer stones from your glass house.

I'm not tossing any stones. Assuming that removing all snares and roots from gap closers without making sure that the player reaches his target is the most pathetic idea I have heard. Avoidance is already so high at the moment for stamina classes with Shuffle + dodge roll + major expedition after dodge rolling using bow + LoS, if you try to gap close someone in your range with an avalaible path, you should reach him no matter how fast he runs.

Otherwise, stam classes with high regen will become untouchable.

Solution :

1) Add a minimal range for Ambush
    2) Add a cooldown on the hard snare of 0.75sec (unpurgable) suggested of 5-10seconds.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 23, 2015 8:00PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Actually ambush is one gap closer that needs a nerf.

No min range?
    A dps gap closer?
    Locks the enemy down while hitting him with 6k and empowering the next one when you spam it?

Yep needs nerf. I went on my cheeseblade to just see how stupid it is. Defintely stupid, good thing i stopped playing it. Kept killing blues and yellows just spamming ambush with 1 or 2 surprise attack.

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not tossing any stones. Assuming that removing all snares and roots from gap closers without making sure that the player reaches his target is the most pathetic idea I have heard. Avoidance is already so high at the moment for stamina classes with Shuffle + dodge roll + major expedition after dodge rolling using bow + LoS, if you try to gap close someone in your range with an avalaible path, you should reach him no matter how fast he runs.

Of course you were being snarky. Your post was only snark. I shared my opinion based on my experiences as you do every single day. Don't be a hypocrite.

In any case, I play without a gap closer 95% of the time. Even solo. Avoidance isn't as great a challenge to me as it appears to be for you. In objective-based gameplay, I am okay with enemies escaping now and then. If someone wants to run around a tree for 20 mins or play on rocks all night, so be it.

In regards to high sustain stamina builds, I think the core issue there is the state of resource management in the game and the ease of making high sustain/high damage stamina builds. That's a problem that requires a better solution than equally flawed gap closers. IMO, of course.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Of course you were being snarky. Your post was only snark. I shared my opinion based on my experiences as you do every single day. Don't be a hypocrite.

In any case, I play without a gap closer 95% of the time. Even solo. Avoidance isn't as great a challenge to me as it appears to be for you. In objective-based gameplay, I am okay with enemies escaping now and then. If someone wants to run around a tree for 20 mins or play on rocks all night, so be it.

In regards to high sustain stamina builds, I think the core issue there is the state of resource management in the game and the ease of making high sustain/high damage stamina builds. That's a problem that requires a better solution than equally flawed gap closers. IMO, of course.

Wtf does hypocrisy has to do with this again? I always laugh when people say I'm hypocrite because I definitely have nothing to hide. For god sake, I'm talking against my own class and survivability at the moment. I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think that avoidance is not a problem atm, try to land a hit on LowPolicy, Aenir, Mojican, Kosmoko, Saber Ali or Jedimindtricks and talk to me about it.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 23, 2015 8:48PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solution :

2) Add a cooldown on the hard snare of 0.75sec (unpurgable) suggested of 5-10seconds.

Here's the thing. What is sen in the video is a 3v1. 3 NBs on 1 sorc. The sorc should die.

If one NB tried an ambush spam he would have been destroyed. Ambush spam is by no means a valid tactic when used by 1 NB.

edit- @Sypher would you not agree?
    Edited by TheBull on December 23, 2015 9:18PM
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Solution :

Here's the thing. What is sen in the video is a 3v1. 3 NBs on 1 sorc. The sorc should die.

If one NB tried an ambush spam he would have been destroyed. Ambush spam is by no means a valid tactic when used by 1 NB.

No. The sorc should not die at all cost if he knows how to stand his ground and is facing relatively casual players. The point being made in this thread is regarding the abuse of "no minimal range for ambush" and "the mini-stun when using a gap closer" that sometimes make your skills unusable. This is a problem that should be addressed and fixed because it is not working like it should be. It has nothing to do with the fact that 1 player should die against 3. With the actual game mechanic, even 3 cats walking over 3 keyboards full of Ambush macros can kill a sorc.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 23, 2015 9:33PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solution :

No. The sorc should not die at all cost if he knows how to stand his ground and is facing relatively casual players. The point being made in this thread is regarding the abuse of "no minimal range for ambush" and "the mini-stun when using a gap closer" that sometimes make your skills unusable. This is a problem that should be addressed and fixed because it is not working like it should be. It has nothing to do with the fact that 1 player should die against 3. With the actual game mechanic, even 3 cats walking over 3 keyboards full of Ambush macros can kill a sorc.

The bold is the issue and there is no question that change should be reverted. For nearly two years there were no ambush complaints. The change is made to gap closers, and now everyone wants to blame ambush. The problem is the gap closer change not ambush.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Solution :

The bold is the issue and there is no question that change should be reverted. For nearly two years there were no ambush complaints. The change is made to gap closers, and now everyone wants to blame ambush. The problem is the gap closer change not ambush.

That is partly true, though Teleport Strike in particular could stay a problem, as before gap closers applied a root before they even hit, Ambush spam wasn't feasible because of high costs and a casttime.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you have to check your idiocy level first. Wrobel clearly explained that this problem applies to some gap closer abilities including Ambush!!

Ambush just being the most annoying gap closer - it can be spammed at any distance and through obstacles.
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... Ambush needs a minimum distance.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong! 3 vs 1 fights should not guarantee the win for the group.
    If that single player is skillful enough he can outplay and win the fight even if the numbers are against him.

But hey you don't have to be skillful anymore ...just one 'good' skill on the bar will do the job.
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... Ambush needs a minimum distance.

Agreed. It's a gap closer / opener. There's no reason to be able to spam it over and over without touching another button.

Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is the damage, 6k! wth that's more than some dps abilities.
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »
    The problem is the damage, 6k! wth that's more than some dps abilities.

Thats more than some people's wrecking blow lol!
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 phrase Wrobel.... Minimum *** range you idiot.

We all know you play a NB so stop playing favorites.... its the only gap closer without a minimum range

DK SCRUB OUT
    Options
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade here,

Please DO nerf Ambush and Lotus Fan. The nightblades that have skill and smart movement will do fine, and the cheese nightblades who only rely on using cheap skills and lame combos that are only good because they have OP weapon damage will suffer. And I think we all want the latter group to suffer. Badly.
    Options
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

We all know you play a NB so stop playing favorites.... its the only gap closer without a minimum range

DK SCRUB OUT

There's no need to call the man an idiot. If you worked 40+ hours a week on this game and spent time off the clock reading these forums would YOU like to be called an idiot? Do you not have any common decency?
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, fix reverberating bash, and do something about wrecking blows "to hit" check, its fubar. Thx

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solution :

We really have to be clear about this. Its not a "sometimes" thingy, it happens always. You are not able to do things, while the animation of the gap closer takes place and because the Ambush/Lotusfan animation + travelling time is the longest of all gapclosers, its being exploited from 95-99% of the players out there.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
    Options
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Galalin wrote: »

DK SCRUB OUT

There's no need to call the man an idiot. If you worked 40+ hours a week on this game and spent time off the clock reading these forums would YOU like to be called an idiot? Do you not have any common decency?

Well if he works 40h/week and the game is still in such a poor state, with no gameplay changes/balances whatsoever for months, I would say zos should give a job with such high responsability to someone else.
    Edited by Erondil on January 5, 2016 7:54AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    Options