Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AoE Caps Discussion

• Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel a response is actually needed for a discussion to occur. It can't only be one sided and like usual ZOS just walks away. We already know you guys don't care about PvP.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Will laugh my ass off when you guys will finally understand they will probably never decap aoe even for test... :blush:
    Edited by prootch on December 3, 2015 1:20PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    Will laugh my ass off when you guys will finally understand they will probably never decap aoe even for test... :blush:

Would be fine by me if they would just state that on the forums.

You won´t laugh when there´s nobody left to play with :kiss:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine. Can he post and tell us that so I can uninstall my game?
    Gave up.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Did you really just say sorry your late to the party to Mr.Wrobel? Do you even see the irony in that?

DK SCRUB OUT
    Maybe he meant that he is sorry that Eric is so late to the party... :stuck_out_tongue:
    Tomato wrote: »
    Wrobel a response is actually needed for a discussion to occur. It can't only be one sided and like usual ZOS just walks away. We already know you guys don't care about PvP.
    That generalisation is a bit unfair considering the amount of times Brian Wheeler responds to PvP posts, even if it's just to repeat something he's said elsewhere.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    On Monday I thought it's the first day after Thanksgiving Holiday, give Wrobel some time. Yet here it is Thursday and not a peep from Wrobel about this topic who started this "discussion." Maybe Thurs is still not long, but to those of us whom PvP is important to and monitor this thread, it is a long time, and a feeling of foreboding is building that ZoS is just going to sweep this under the rug. Don't do that, Wrobel. Please don't do that.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Well... so many spamballs, so few interesting to fight with atm...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Well... so many spamballs, so few interesting to fight with atm...

Well you relalize that these spamballs are just about the only players who have no real issue with aoe caps? They´ll be the only players who continue to play.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    This officially is another dead thread about AoE caps and just when I was starting to get my hopes up again.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    It died a long time ago.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw why no news about ESO Live 04.12.15?
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Btw why no news about ESO Live 04.12.15?

News? I have breaking news!! Wrobel still hasn't commented!!
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Galalin wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Did you really just say sorry your late to the party to Mr.Wrobel? Do you even see the irony in that?

DK SCRUB OUT
    Maybe he meant that he is sorry that Eric is so late to the party... :stuck_out_tongue:
    Tomato wrote: »
    Wrobel a response is actually needed for a discussion to occur. It can't only be one sided and like usual ZOS just walks away. We already know you guys don't care about PvP.
    That generalisation is a bit unfair considering the amount of times Brian Wheeler responds to PvP posts, even if it's just to repeat something he's said elsewhere.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler is trying... but the rest of those guys... :angry:
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • iStr8ownedU
    @Wrobel I think it's time you listened to your playerbase on this one. Why don't you remove AoE caps on PTS, and let us go and test it? We will, loads of us will. So where is the harm in that? It's time to swallow your pride and realize that your ideas are NOT working. The state of the PvP in this game is inexcusable, and it is glaringly obvious that what you have implemented now is not working and never will.

There is nothing more for me to say on this topic, because @FENGRUSH and others have already completely covered it.

Listen to your players. For once. This game's PvP is dying. Please start CARING about that.

your voice means nothing here move along peasant!
  • iStr8ownedU
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Some of you need to get a life. The amount of conspiracy theories some of you come up with is unbelievable. Go for a jog. Watch a movie. Share a moment with that someone special.

I went for that jog and watched a movie now can I spend my moment with you?
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting a bit ridiculous, really :)
    Gave up.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    16 Pages and beyond his introduction we have nothing from @Wrobel

It would have been better had he not bothered creating an account if this is the interaction we can expect.
    Edited by Ezareth on December 4, 2015 7:28PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    I think the 30 page thread on siege changes might be the response.

Seems like it will have an effect on the issues discussed here.

Still, a note saying:
    We agree with your concerns and are planning to first address them through siege mechanics and then change the AOE cap if necessary.

Would have been appreciated in this thread.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrkhan wrote: »
    I think the 30 page thread on siege changes might be the response.

That thread is abusing AoE caps already. People are spamming arguments, yet nobody surrenders. It will soon be over 30 pages, and every post beyond that will only have 25% impact.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for spending so much time and effort writing up detailed posts on this topic. PvP players are very passionate and seeing passionate fans enjoy the game is the reason we get up in the morning.

We want PvP fights to be tactical, involving player positioning as a key element of engagements. We don’t want 2 huge masses of players mindlessly bumping into each other while spamming 1 ability. Part of the issue currently is that damaging PBAoE abilities are very powerful, and there are not a lot of effective options to combat this strategy from range. The two avenues of attack we are perusing are buffing siege weapons and investigating making ranged abilities more effective at damaging large groups of players.

Wheeler is making significant adjustments to siege weapons. You can view and comment on these new changes here. As siege already hits an unlimited number of targets and has an effective cooldown, it’s the perfect tool to get players to spread out.

On the ability side we’ve got a number of changes planned. PBAoE abilities such as Steel Tornado and purge are much too powerful and cause players to want to stack together to make sure they can all hit the same targets and be purged by the same ally. We’ll be reducing the radius of Steel Tornado so it’s not so much more effective at dealing AoE damage relative to the other abilities in the game. Also, we are reducing the initial damage of Magicka Detonation so it’s less effective vs a single target. To compensate, both the bonus damage per target and the max size of this bonus is increasing. In addition to this we’re looking into making other ranged class abilities deal effective AoE damage.

These modifications are substantial, and we don’t want to stack too many changes at once. We need to be able to measure the impact and performance changes. We’re going to continue working on performance in Cyrodiil - Fixing the lag is something everyone wants to fix.

Here are some additional issues we’re considering based on your feedback from this thread:

• Cone abilities are much harder to hit with than a standard circle, but aren't more effective
    • Multiple gap closers used on the same target means they can’t move
    • Cammo hunter stealth attacks can double proc, killing targets very quickly
    • Force pulse counts as 3 reflects against Reflective Scales
    • Retreating Maneuver buff sticks on healers while they are casting
    • XP to advance Assault and Support skill lines is very high

Please continue to keep the posts constructive. Productive discussions are best for the players and the devs  Top posts on both sides of this debate: Zheg #93 and Sublime #60.
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else see the problem that an AOE caps discussion was opened but Wrobel did not even mention it in his reply after several weeks?
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo ..... AOE caps are staying?

Could we at least have an explanation why? WHY? WHY? WHYYYY
    Edited by Jhunn on December 4, 2015 8:03PM
    Gave up.
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Thanks for spending so much time and effort writing up detailed posts on this topic. PvP players are very passionate and seeing passionate fans enjoy the game is the reason we get up in the morning.

We want PvP fights to be tactical, involving player positioning as a key element of engagements. We don’t want 2 huge masses of players mindlessly bumping into each other while spamming 1 ability. Part of the issue currently is that damaging PBAoE abilities are very powerful, and there are not a lot of effective options to combat this strategy from range. The two avenues of attack we are perusing are buffing siege weapons and investigating making ranged abilities more effective at damaging large groups of players.

Wheeler is making significant adjustments to siege weapons. You can view and comment on these new changes here. As siege already hits an unlimited number of targets and has an effective cooldown, it’s the perfect tool to get players to spread out.

On the ability side we’ve got a number of changes planned. PBAoE abilities such as Steel Tornado and purge are much too powerful and cause players to want to stack together to make sure they can all hit the same targets and be purged by the same ally. We’ll be reducing the radius of Steel Tornado so it’s not so much more effective at dealing AoE damage relative to the other abilities in the game. Also, we are reducing the initial damage of Magicka Detonation so it’s less effective vs a single target. To compensate, both the bonus damage per target and the max size of this bonus is increasing. In addition to this we’re looking into making other ranged class abilities deal effective AoE damage.

These modifications are substantial, and we don’t want to stack too many changes at once. We need to be able to measure the impact and performance changes. We’re going to continue working on performance in Cyrodiil - Fixing the lag is something everyone wants to fix.

Here are some additional issues we’re considering based on your feedback from this thread:

• Cone abilities are much harder to hit with than a standard circle, but aren't more effective

Please continue to keep the posts constructive. Productive discussions are best for the players and the devs  Top posts on both sides of this debate: Zheg #93 and Sublime #60.

Thanks but you didn't mention anything regarding removal of aoe caps.. which ironically was the reason you created this thread. I hope i am wrong but this gave me the impression that you are not removing aoe caps
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    juan0316 wrote: »
    Wrobel wrote: »

Thanks but you didn't mention anything regarding removal of aoe caps.. which ironically was the reason you created this thread. I hope i am wrong but this gave me the impression that you are not removing them

PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow. A big whoosh, this all went right over his head. Can we please get someone who actually plays PvP, and know's the current situation?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Wow, just wow. A big whoosh, this all went right over his head. Can we please get someone who actually plays PvP, and know's the current situation?

Its not even comical at this point, its pathetic. Another 3 weeks maybe he will get what we are talking about. The big anticipation of a Wrobel response in the LONG awaiting AOE cap discussion turns out to be completely over his head indeed.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Efficient wrote: »
    Takllin wrote: »

Its not even comical at this point, its pathetic. Another 3 weeks maybe he will get what we are talking about. The big anticipation of a Wrobel response in the LONG awaiting AOE cap discussion turns out to be completely over his head indeed.

Completely agree. I'm not sure why I had such high hopes for this, and it's all come crashing down.

For the gap closers, it's not multiple. A single use of Ambush causes the player to be mini stunned.
    Edited by Takllin on December 4, 2015 8:23PM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH save me plz
    Gave up.
  • Efficient
    Efficient
    ✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH save me plz

If his post was completely overlooked by Wrobel, since clearly his was not the "Top" we are all doomed.
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a mod in here to tell Wrobel to stay on topic and talk about AOE caps?
    'Chaos