Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't blame it on ZOS. Blame it on the obsessive hardcore grinders and the "elite players" who destroyed the whole balance by reaching 1K+ CP.
    Sorry, I still blame ZOS and not the players.

A linear reward system (green line in image below) will always crash the balance at some point.
    This is because a linear line never ends and people can never catch up.

If ZOS would just switch to a reverse logarithmic reward system (red line in image below)
    all rewards would run towards (but never reach) a max point and people could catch up.

PotiTaper.gif

Edited by BalticBlues on October 6, 2015 3:31PM
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The averages I posted were calculated from active accounts that have at least 1 VR character. (i.e. - can start earning CP) An account is only considered active if it has been logged into in the past 30 days and played the game for a period of time.

Wow, I have to admit that I would have never believed it, that the average CP levels were really that low. I play every day for a large period of time (4-6 hrs at times, and I have a full-time job, teach martial arts part time and have family time) and do admit that I did grind and use xp potions and scrolls at times, because many other friends in game told me they were doing the same and they have even way more free time than I do. ESO is currently the only game I have continually played for such a large amount of time, I never stopped playing from early access when ESO was just ESO and not ESO TU. I usually play the game to wind down from work and personal life and actually enjoy PvE grinding and PvP.

I have as of today 480 CP,

"Hello, this ones name is Kotaro.. this one is a Skooma, oh wait... a CP addict.." ESO playerbase says..."Hello Kotaro...."

I had always guessed that the average cp overall was around 400+ and I really wanted to be on equal footing if not better, so I worked hard to become real competitive.

I wanted to thank you for the information on the overall CP levels of players in the game, as it is quite insightful, I guess when Orsinium arrives (with enlightenment I will most likely be above the CP cap of 501) I will try to work on other things, most likely increasing my gold in game amongst other things in game and try to fill the time until the next DLC.

That is because, like many of us said before they offered that detail - there are many players that just popped on after TU launched and are still just earning CP and many players that don't care about catching up and just play a few days a month and many players (like a few of my friends) that have been back every month or so (including within last 30 day) and still have the initial 70 cp and end up playing a day and leaving b/c the game hasn't improved for them. The catch up mechanic really shouldn't be for the two latter groups and only for the former group if they don't fall into the later groups as well. But without seeing detailed numbers and seeing how big a chunk is throwing off the curve, the little bit of numbers still only tell a partial story.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't blame it on ZOS. Blame it on the obsessive hardcore grinders and the "elite players" who destroyed the whole balance by reaching 1K+ CP.

A linear reward system (green line in image below) will always crash the balance at some point.

If ZOS would just switch to a reverse logarithmic reward system (red line in image below)
    all rewards would run towards (but never reach) a max point and people could catch up.

PotiTaper.gif

I´ve been preaching this since before the release of the CP system. Shoutout to you.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert I am curious how you came by these numbers, I dont disagree with the console numbers in any way shape or form, I dont play console. However, I do disagree with the PC numbers. What are you taking these numbers from to come to a median of 93 for PC players? Literally 90% of my guildmates throughout my 4 active guilds have 300 or more and we know this by asking constantly because this farce of everybody with "2000 champion points" goes around a lot in game. We arent even the "elite" of the bunch most of our players are rather casual and for us to be at 3-400 champion points kind of denotes that much of the community that plays on PC is actually much higher of a median than 93. And yet again we come back to asking the question: Why are you punishing people for playing and accel'ing in your game?
    Im not talking about the cap, I agree with a cap. I just believe it should be higher. 801 as a cap would give what I have seen and heard as the median in game from actual players (which you at ZoS seem to be very out of touch with) something to work towards. Leaving experience gained as it is and raising the "catch-up" experience for beginners to where the first 250 or so are rather easier to achieve than they have been. Giving a nice boost to those just beginning, something to play the game for to players that are casual/interested in the gd game, and throwing a bone to those players that have worked their asses off for their characters over these past few months.
    And before any allegations are thrown about "Im one of the ones with very high CP" Im middling with regular playtimes and no grinding I have around 400. Thats with a life, if people want to spend most of theirs on here getting CP then they shouldnt be nerfed into the ground by ZoS although 1500+ is a little excessive to have for those that have ground out that many.

I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time understanding that people with 300+ CP are in the top 1-2% of active VET ranked players. You and the people in these 4 guilds are in the vast minority. ZOS has access to complete BI data for their game so you're claims that they are out of touch is ridiculous. It would be like claiming that the average Dutch person is a regular pot smoker because you're a pot smoker and all your friends are pot smokers. The empirical evidence overrides your ridiculous anecdotal claims.
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kids crying here all day all night thinking if they have 502 or more CPs their chars are useless and no need to play the game, pretending they dont know that when next cap arrives they can cap their extra CPs there while 90% of the players still trying to reach the first cap of 501
    please ZOS make the cap of CPs at 3599 so the players here stop crying
    PC EU

Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess if you are lower than 501 champ points the response is "glory glory hallelujah". (of course when it makes no difference and you are still getting hammered by experienced pvpers, it will be something else right?)

If you actually spent some time grinding some CP and making sure you never ended up eating enlightenment points that were banked and weren't some scrub feeding xp to people in pvp and instead gaining xp... well 501 is bullcrap.

The "average" player that has actually played the game since March 3rd should have a min of 286 champion points. That's 1 a day from enlightenment on top of the 70 from being vr14. That's the min if you didn't eat enlightenment that was banked...

Now if you actually play the game (and I mean don't do 1 veteran dungeon that takes you 4 hours with 50 wipes as your daily playing) you could easily do 1 CP unenlightened per day. That's 502 Champion points.

I guess that's what they are shooting for, problem is that's for TODAY.

Now same calculations until Orsinium will be 329 champ points if you did enlightenment every day; 545 if you gained 1 additional CP each day (believe it or not, it wasn't hard to do if you actually did it)

That's leaves anyone who plays a bit over the cap (that's not hardcore at all).

Now let's say Orsinium is active for 4 months.

That puts the bare mininum player that merely finished their enlightenment without burning it at 449 champion points, and anyone that did an additonal CP by playing the game successfully in their play time at 665 (again, not hardcore).

But, let's forget the how long orsinium will be active point.

I feel a more reasonable cap would be 700 with the diminishing rate being active at anyone over cap, and that's to cover thru Orsinium.

Now if you were hardcore and actually grinding CP's regularly... they are basically saying "don't subcribe to eso plus". I'm a bit ambivalent about punishing people that grinded CP that are regular players. Yes, there were some that abused the system to get ridiculous amounts of CP, sure.

But, if you enjoy the game and grinded some CP for gold and materials any bit regularly you will be over that 501 by a fair bit. I'm not talking the 1000+ club, I give a rat's butt about them. There are plenty of regular not insane play all day players that are sitting in the over 501 range now, why should they be punished?

[of course I have a little of 600 cp right now, I took advantage of some bangkorai grinding for xp and gold/materials but never did a marthon of it, I just did a little bit a day while waiting in queue or if I had a half hour to play, so I don't claim to be unbiased in this]

your essay makes point if the players started playing the game day 1 of champion introduction, however, its totally wrong if the player started by next day of champion introduction or later, sorry buddy, your essay talks about 0.3% of the players base,
    PC EU

Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    DiktaHasi wrote: »
    The averages I posted were calculated from active accounts that have at least 1 VR character. (i.e. - can start earning CP) An account is only considered active if it has been logged into in the past 30 days and played the game for a period of time.

Thanks for these numbers but could you please post the median instead of average? Cause, u know, median is way more robust to outliers (high and low ones) and would give a better picture of an average players CP instead of the average CP over all players...
    sry math guy speaking here ;)

The median would be even lower due to the enlightenment bonus shifting the whole bell curve towards ~200CP(1 per day) and the extreme right edge of the curve has a tiny number of players so the curve is very steep.
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems fine to me i would have made 400-450 made it more player skill then cp
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Do active players on PC
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    Cap is simply too low almost one year after CP patch launced for PC players.

They are giving longterm players the middle finger, and will 100% guaranteed lose lots of subs and longtimers over this if it goes live.

Huge fail in other words, and my guild is already talking about other mmos after orsinum AKA "SLEEP MODE PATCH" launches to send all their subs and longtimers away from their game.

Ridiculous. The 500Cp Cap will affect less than .1% of their player base. a few hundred players at most out of the hundreds of thousands active.

I find it hard to believe it's that small if you look at players that play the game several times a week and actually care about being competative. Otherwise this means almost every pwer

PotiTaper.gif

This is how the CP system should have rolled out and all it needs, doesn't even need caps.

Everyone asking for caps is just asking for vr system to return b/c once they remove it, what do you think is going to be the new "level" - your CP level. So instead of having to be VR18 in a few months, you'll have to be CP 720 or whatever.

I really never understood why they don't just have a system like that and allow players to at least get a little something out of their playtime. I mean, you'd already be making players at the top end earn ten times the xp (or more) to get one point vs players at the bottom end, you need to cap them too? c'mon
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    I do support a CP cap and a catch a system. Yet, it sucks that I'm getting punished for logging in-game every day since release of Tamriel Unlimited and using up all my enlightenment. Enlightenment given to me by ZoS own system, now they take it back.

I could have rage quit the game, fleed to another MMO, like 90% of my f-list. But because I choose to stay loyal, keep logging in-game and using my daily enlightenment I'm closing in on 500 CP, will for sure be over cap when Orsinium comes out. I wont have any characters progression for months, because of their enlightenment. It's kind of absurd, when I think about it.

But sacrifices needs to be done when trying to achieve a more balanced game. I'm not happy about how low the cap is, but I can deal with it.

False. Enlightenment gives you 1 "easy" CP per day. If you had really used nothing but your Enlightenment, you would have about 280 CP right now (70 initial CP + 210 days worth of Enlightenment). If you have 500 CP, that means you have earned about 210 CP from Enlightenment and about 220 CP non-Enlightened. Since a non-Enlightened CP takes 4x as long to earn as an Enlightened CP, you have played about 4x longer without Enlightenment as you have with Enlightenment.

Basically, 500 CP requires earning 133,000,000 XP since the CP system launched. You have only had about 21,000,000 Enlightenment since CP launched.

Either you are being disingenuous or you don't know how Enlightenment works.
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    OK, different strategy to attack this issue:

There are achievements (Champion of Rain's Hand, Evening Star, Last Seed) that each require spending 1200 CP in their respective trees for a total of 3600 CP spent...

1. How would a person obtain even the first level of those achievements (300 each, total of 900, 399 more than a cap of 501 would give)?
    2. People that already have these achievements would be a bit upset if the achievements were taken away, or made easier to obtain.

The cap cannot be less than the 3600 CP needed to get those achievements without upsetting the MOST hardcore and loyal of players, which would be idiocy at best. And BTW, I have less than 90 CP, so, no, I am not arguing for me, but for the ones this would really affect.

I think that's an extremely small price to pay for actual game balance in PvP and PvE.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »
    I do support a CP cap and a catch a system. Yet, it sucks that I'm getting punished for logging in-game every day since release of Tamriel Unlimited and using up all my enlightenment. Enlightenment given to me by ZoS own system, now they take it back.

I could have rage quit the game, fleed to another MMO, like 90% of my f-list. But because I choose to stay loyal, keep logging in-game and using my daily enlightenment I'm closing in on 500 CP, will for sure be over cap when Orsinium comes out. I wont have any characters progression for months, because of their enlightenment. It's kind of absurd, when I think about it.

But sacrifices needs to be done when trying to achieve a more balanced game. I'm not happy about how low the cap is, but I can deal with it.

False. Enlightenment gives you 1 "easy" CP per day. If you had really used nothing but your Enlightenment, you would have about 280 CP right now (70 initial CP + 210 days worth of Enlightenment). If you have 500 CP, that means you have earned about 210 CP from Enlightenment and about 220 CP non-Enlightened. Since a non-Enlightened CP takes 4x as long to earn as an Enlightened CP, you have played about 4x longer without Enlightenment as you have with Enlightenment.

Basically, 500 CP requires earning 133,000,000 XP since the CP system launched. You have only had about 21,000,000 Enlightenment since CP launched.

Either you are being disingenuous or you don't know how Enlightenment works.

Read his post again falsy, he didn't say he only earned points using enlightenment, he just said he played daily and used up his enlightenment, meaning that some days he could play more, some days less but his enlightenment gets used up before going away. If you play casually and log in to play a bit of pvp or quest a bit with friends or whatever, nobody is logging out as soon as enlightenment goes away - you could easily earn 1 point just normally and then the other one goes by quickly with enlightenment, so turn your example of 70+ into two points a day and you'd actually have where he's at now. It's not hard to figure out what he meant if you put some thought into it.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually talk numbers, but here's some to chew on with regards to the number of champion points players have. The number of players that are going to be affected by the cap is very, very small.
    • Average CP on PC - 93
    • Average CP on PS4 - 46
    • Average CP on XB1 - 44

Do active players on PC

He did. Read his next post.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PotiTaper.gif

This
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to be closing in on the cap by the time Orsinium hits live.

I just hope there is a catchup mechanic that gets you to about 50% of the CP cap, also that people above the CP cap keep earning CP without enlightenment.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. sabresandiego_ESO
      sabresandiego_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Anyone arguing for a higher champion point cap is arguing so that they have an unfair advantage over their opponents in PVP. The cap at 501 is already very high, I am barely over 300 and I play this game way more than I should. If anything, I wouldnt mind if the cap was even lower at 300 or 400, but 501 is fine.
      Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
      Ali Sabre -Nightblade
      Options
    2. FENGRUSH
      FENGRUSH
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Reposting in this thread:

Pretty sure this cap was made for console players. This is too low. I didnt think itd be anything below 600, and I thought that was low. I was hoping itd be 800-1000, and Im at about 570 right now. Ive not grinded, that is just from PvP, and includes roughly 3-4weeks out of game since the CP system was released. I make 1-2 CP a day, and that is with enlightenment.

Keep in mind, this cap is coming in a month, and will last much longer than that. That is 500 cap for *awhile*.

This system needs to make sense. I was again hoping for 800-1000 which is something we can PURSUE in the future until the next season when its raised. The people who havent even been grinding but have played very active are literally being capped under what they have now and that will last for a long time. They have nothing to pursue or look forward to in this department going forward.

My main concern with CP system is having a more sensible catchup system. How are we supposed to get new players in the game with the CP system if we dont have a steep scaling catchup? 1-100CP (5x) 100-250 (3.5x) 250-400 (2x) 400-600 (1.5x) something like this, just pulled it out of my ass while posting. But it already looks better than what we have here.

The difference between 0 CP and 150CP is monumental. The difference between 400 and 500 is much less significant. We need to make a system that encourages new players and gets them caught up quickly. Thats the main focus. Putting in a low ceiling is not a smart business decision really to go hand in hand with this. A scaled catch up in the most important business focus here, not a static single catchup fueled by micro transactions. They should only supplement those who want to get up faster - and they will once they get a taste of a scaled catch up and start to scale down in their catch up. If they dont, they really arent interested in putting in the effort to catchup and are more interested in simply complaining about those who are ahead of them.
      Options
    3. Ishammael
      Ishammael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

PotiTaper.gif

I would get behind this. 90% of power at 40% of the total CPs. Sounds about right.
      Edited by Ishammael on October 6, 2015 4:13PM
      Options
    4. MisterBigglesworth
      MisterBigglesworth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      FENGRUSH wrote: »
      My main concern with CP system is having a more sensible catchup system. How are we supposed to get new players in the game with the CP system if we dont have a steep scaling catchup? 1-100CP (5x) 100-250 (3.5x) 250-400 (2x) 400-600 (1.5x) something like this, just pulled it out of my ass while posting. But it already looks better than what we have here.

To expand on this, at some point (like maybe a year from now) they should also consider just giving brand new players 100CP or more immediately upon hitting level 50.
      Edited by MisterBigglesworth on October 6, 2015 4:18PM
      Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
      Options
    5. rfennell_ESO
      rfennell_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Reposting in this thread:

Pretty sure this cap was made for console players. This is too low. I didnt think itd be anything below 600, and I thought that was low. I was hoping itd be 800-1000, and Im at about 570 right now. Ive not grinded, that is just from PvP, and includes roughly 3-4weeks out of game since the CP system was released. I make 1-2 CP a day, and that is with enlightenment.

Keep in mind, this cap is coming in a month, and will last much longer than that. That is 500 cap for *awhile*.

This system needs to make sense. I was again hoping for 800-1000 which is something we can PURSUE in the future until the next season when its raised. The people who havent even been grinding but have played very active are literally being capped under what they have now and that will last for a long time. They have nothing to pursue or look forward to in this department going forward.

The difference between 0 CP and 150CP is monumental. The difference between 400 and 500 is much less significant. We need to make a system that encourages new players and gets them caught up quickly. Thats the main focus. Putting in a low ceiling is not a smart business decision really to go hand in hand with this. A scaled catch up in the most important business focus here, not a static single catchup fueled by micro transactions. They should only supplement those who want to get up faster - and they will once they get a taste of a scaled catch up and start to scale down in their catch up. If they dont, they really arent interested in putting in the effort to catchup and are more interested in simply complaining about those who are ahead of them.

I'd much rather a higher and more reasonable cap (I proposed 701) with a minimum amount of CP. ie you cap the outliers that are in the high high end of cps and grant an effective minimum (~150-200) that acts as your total unless you are higher than it.

Options
    6. OGLezard
      OGLezard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Teargrants wrote: »
      Don't see any discussion about it yet, guess most ppl haven't checked the PTS patch notes.
      Champion System Updates
      We have reduced the XP required to earn Champion Points for those with smaller amounts in order to create a fairer gameplay experience. We are also capping the total number of Champion Points that can be spent.
      At this time, you will not be able to allocate more than 501 Champion Points.
      Anyone that has over 501 Champion Points when the Orsinium DLC game pack is published will have all their Champion Points reset, and will only be able to allocate 501 Champion Points.
      You will not lose any points over 501, you just won’t be able to spend them.
      You can continue to earn Champion Points over the cap, but won’t be able to spend them until the next time the cap is raised.
      The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
      If you don’t have any Champion Points, you will earn them very quickly.
      If you have a lot of Champion Points, you will earn them slower.
      All I have to say is that cap is way to low going on into the months after Orsinium release with an undisclosed "whenever we feel like raising the cap" point in the future. Going by the stated "about 2 big updates a year" that was bandied around on ESO Live back during the B2P transition, one would assume that the caps would be increased about every 6 months.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN @Teargrants Rich himself edited your post lololololol
      Options
    7. FENGRUSH
      FENGRUSH
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

To expand on this, at some point (like maybe a year from now) they should also consider just giving brand new players 100CP or more immediately upon hitting level 50.

Agreed - that makes sense as well as seasons would progress. I am ALL FOR HELPING GET NEW PEOPLE IN THE GAME. But putting a ceiling on the small percent in the game out in front is stupid. Lets get the other people behind them catching up faster than they can progress. If people are willing to put in time playing ZOSs game, which translates to a healthy game environment, then they will catchup quickly. But a ceiling is not bad, this one is just way too low.
      Options
    8. Ezareth
      Ezareth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Since @ZOS_Alex completely neutered a PVP oriented discussion and closed our CP thread in order to funnel us back to "The Barrens Forum" that is General, I'm going to rip my most poignant points from the Alliance War forum.

A V14 player at the launch of 1.6 that earned 100K experience a day would be sitting at 286 CPs right now. Most active skilled players earn 100K exp in about a half hour of PvPing or doing PvE content (or 10 minutes of grinding).

When Osrinium is launched on November 2nd, every original V14 as of 1.6 who has averaged 410,000 Experience per day will already be at cap. For me this is 2 hours of PvP a day without grinding and without experience pots.

I have 430 CPs. I took a month off the game and lost a good bit of enlightened CPs. The vast majority of my CPs came exclusively from PvP. The majority of my friends are far beyond my CPs and most of my guildies have at least as many CPs.

The entire premise of the CP system was to give the MOST active players who have already done everything in the game some small sense of accomplishment for doing things in the game. If you think back to every RPG game you've ever played like Skyrim for example you'll find that once you did everything and stopped improving your character you likely quit playing the game.

The CP system was meant to give hardcore players something to work towards. Now when the next patch hits what interest will we have in running our friends through a Vet dungeon? We'll acquire the best Gear in Osrinium in 2 or 3 weeks and then what will there be to do for the next 3-4 months while waiting on the next content? Why would we even bother subscribing to the game any more? We all have max crafters, max CPs, and a boatload of Crowns to buy the next 3-4 DLC packs if we choose.

I actually quit the game for 3 months at the end of 1.5 because the game was stale and boring. PvP hadn't changed in a year and I'd already done everything. I was Emperor for almost a month and had my fill of every aspect of PvP. I came back for 1.6 because it brought a fundamental change to the game. No softcaps and the CP system. I've always loved the concept of CPs....but I hated the implementation of them. There are many ways out there they could have headed the current issue of CPs off at the pass but they chose to address the problem too late. So now we're dealing with yet another ZoS bandaid.

I'm not going to say whether or not I'll quit, because I always try and test something before I pass judgement but it's really not looking good. I'd say the probability is extremely high since I'll be at CP cap by launch I'll play the content for a week until Starcraft II and Fallout 4 comes out and then play the hell out of those until I'm bored. Whether or not I come back will highly depend on ZoS's future changes but if you've ever played an MMO seriously you know that the addiction is the primary reason that people keep playing them. Taking a long break is the easiest way to break that addiction, and if the game itself has nothing to draw you back you don't come back.
      Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
      Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
      Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
      Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
      Ezareth PvP on Youtube
      Options
    9. OGLezard
      OGLezard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      xaraan wrote: »
      This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.

@xaraan you know you can continue to earn cp right....or did you just refuse to acknowledge that part? You just cant spend over 501........ so if you have 560 cp right now, at dlc launch you will have 501 with 59 that you CANT spend until next cap raise and can continue to earn CP that you can spend at the next cap increase...... your post makes it seem like you dont understand that. Bolded the part that makes it appear you dont acknowledge what everyone including zos has already said
      Options
    10. Ezareth
      Ezareth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tyr wrote: »
      Cap is simply too low almost one year after CP patch launced for PC players.

They are giving longterm players the middle finger, and will 100% guaranteed lose lots of subs and longtimers over this if it goes live.

Huge fail in other words, and my guild is already talking about other mmos after orsinum AKA "SLEEP MODE PATCH" launches to send all their subs and longtimers away from their game.

Ridiculous. The 500Cp Cap will affect less than .1% of their player base. a few hundred players at most out of the hundreds of thousands active.

90% of my friends already have 400+ CPs. The majority of the people I compete against and interacted with daily are in the 400-500+ range and will be capped by Osrinium launch.

The active player base is not *that* large.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
      Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
      Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
      Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
      Ezareth PvP on Youtube
      Options
    11. phbell
      phbell
      ✭✭✭✭
      I am wondering how many of the people complaining about CP are subscribers. "Enlightenment" (accelerated CP gain) is one of only a couple reasons to subscribe- shortened research times being the other. Once a player has researched all 9 traits the only reason to continue subscription was for the increased CP gain. Thank you ZOS for taking away the only remaining reason to give you $180/year. I think i'll spend the savings on a nice dinner for my wife.
      Options
    12. LordSemaj
      LordSemaj
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ezareth wrote: »
      The entire premise of the CP system was to give the MOST active players who have already done everything in the game some small sense of accomplishment for doing things in the game. If you think back to every RPG game you've ever played like Skyrim for example you'll find that once you did everything and stopped improving your character you likely quit playing the game.

Actually... most people quit Skyrim after finishing the story, many people continue playing to complete all the sidequest content, and very very few (let's call it... the top 2%) ever bother to finish leveling and improving their character to the max.

So yeah... even with plenty of progression left, people usually quit RPGs. It's only the most hardcore fans that go after the level 99 achievements, secret bosses, or ultimate weapons.
      Options
    13. FENGRUSH
      FENGRUSH
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ezareth wrote: »
      Since @ZOS_Alex completely neutered a PVP oriented discussion and closed our CP thread in order to funnel us back to "The Barrens Forum" that is General, I'm going to rip my most poignant points from the Alliance War forum.

A V14 player at the launch of 1.6 that earned 100K experience a day would be sitting at 286 CPs right now. Most active skilled players earn 100K exp in about a half hour of PvPing or doing PvE content (or 10 minutes of grinding).

When Osrinium is launched on November 2nd, every original V14 as of 1.6 who has averaged 410,000 Experience per day will already be at cap. For me this is 2 hours of PvP a day without grinding and without experience pots.

I have 430 CPs. I took a month off the game and lost a good bit of enlightened CPs. The vast majority of my CPs came exclusively from PvP. The majority of my friends are far beyond my CPs and most of my guildies have at least as many CPs.

The CP system was meant to give hardcore players something to work towards. Now when the next patch hits what interest will we have in running our friends through a Vet dungeon? We'll acquire the best Gear in Osrinium in 2 or 3 weeks and then what will there be to do for the next 3-4 months while waiting on the next content? Why would we even bother subscribing to the game any more? We all have max crafters, max CPs, and a boatload of Crowns to buy the next 3-4 DLC packs if we choose.

I actually quit the game for 3 months at the end of 1.5 because the game was stale and boring. PvP hadn't changed in a year and I'd already done everything. I was Emperor for almost a month and had my fill of every aspect of PvP. I came back for 1.6 because it brought a fundamental change to the game. No softcaps and the CP system. I've always loved the concept of CPs....but I hated the implementation of them. There are many ways out there they could have headed the current issue of CPs off at the pass but they chose to address the problem too late. So now we're dealing with yet another ZoS bandaid.

I'm not going to say whether or not I'll quit, because I always try and test something before I pass judgement but it's really not looking good. I'd say the probability is extremely high since I'll be at CP cap by launch I'll play the content for a week until Starcraft II and Fallout 4 comes out and then play the hell out of those until I'm bored. Whether or not I come back will highly depend on ZoS's future changes but if you've ever played an MMO seriously you know that the addiction is the primary reason that people keep playing them. Taking a long break is the easiest way to break that addiction, and if the game itself has nothing to draw you back you don't come back.

Really well written post that strikes at some very important points laying into the games health and longer term future. Bear in mind, this cap will go in place IN A MONTH. It will stay in place after that for an unknown time, but Id estimate nothing shorter than 3months, but given my prudent and reasonable expectations, it will likely be 5-6 months.
      Options
    14. FENGRUSH
      FENGRUSH
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      phbell wrote: »
      I am wondering how many of the people complaining about CP are subscribers. "Enlightenment" (accelerated CP gain) is one of only a couple reasons to subscribe- shortened research times being the other. Once a player has researched all 9 traits the only reason to continue subscription was for the increased CP gain. Thank you ZOS for taking away the only remaining reason to give you $180/year. I think i'll spend the savings on a nice dinner for my wife.

Another great point. Probably will cancel my subscription too at this point. I didnt hold on to it for the minimal CP i gained out of it, because I didnt grind, I just PvPd. But honestly, if there is literally *nothing* to gain out of the sub, why would I sub for the next ongoing months for this sort of design? People make these threats and they usually just say 'yea yea theres a few mad' but you couldnt be more right that youre literally getting so little out of it. Ill take the crowns I gained from subbing, buy the expansion, and cancel my sub. Not because I want to stick it to ZOS, but because they arent offering a reason for it at all anymore.
      Options