The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unable to interact bug, can't use skills or interact with the enviroment.

Can be remedied by weapon swap, Opening Map, Esc swaping weapon, unequiping a piece of clothing! I'm sure there are others.

But this bug has been in the game since launch, well known but never fixed.

Sprinting fixes this almost always. But yeah that one is known to Zenimax I'm pretty sure.

Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    Battle Resurrection Support Passive is not working in the Imperial City/Sewers.

Kollopi Essence can be used in the Imperial City/Sewers

Got the Koloppi already,

Battle Resurrection specifically states that it works only in Cyrodiil, doesn't it? Of course it doesn't make much sense that it doesn't work in Imperial city which is located in Cyrodiil, but it could explain.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 10, 2015 8:54AM

• DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »

Kollopi Essence can be used in the Imperial City/Sewers

Got the Koloppi already,

Battle Resurrection specifically states that it works only in Cyrodiil, doesn't it? Of course it doesn't make much sense that it doesn't work in Imperial city which is located in Cyrodiil, but it could explain.

I figured that was the cause of those two not working as intended, but it is kind of annoying for high ranked Alliance War players. Rezzing in the IC just feels so slow compared to the lightning fast rezzes I'm used to in open-world Cyrodiil.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will organize this thread a lot better since the amount of bugs is rising quickly :')

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redesigned it. Thank you for helping me out with this thread!

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, yeah.. that was the other one I couldnt remember. And, with the population of IC included in the population of the Cyrodiil instance, plus it being the only other AvA area, yeah, the passives SHOULD work in IC.
    Asmael wrote: »
    Not our job to maintain an exhaustive bug list...

Unfortunately, I have yet to play an MMO who would publicize their list of bugs, as its bad press. Most would actually quash this type of thread, so I am REALLY glad its being left alone.
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Ok.. lets see..

Tonight, we had a dude who we killed outside a keep, he phoenixed armor rezed, we killed him again, he rezed again, we killed him again... Total five times before he stopped coming back.. Isnt the cool-down supposed to be like 10 min between when those activate?

Sigh.. one other.. but I cant remember atm.. see if I remember tomorrow.

According to patch notes this should be fixed with the latest patch. Is this still an issue?
    Item Sets
    Phoenix: Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in a loop triggering this item set’s ability.

Hmm.. pretty sure this was AFTER the patch and server maintenance.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Item Sets
    Phoenix: Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in a loop triggering this item set’s ability.

Hmm.. pretty sure this was AFTER the patch and server maintenance.

I'll try to get confirmation on this later and add it then.

• mra4nii
    mra4nii
    ✭✭
    Appeared in 2.1.5, Vet Fungal Grotto, second boss Gamyne Bandu becomes immortal. You can't focus on it.
    Need to go out and regroup to fix.
    Happened to me yesterday, and people in group said they had it too with other groups.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mra4nii wrote: »
    Appeared in 2.1.5, Vet Fungal Grotto, second boss Gamyne Bandu becomes immortal. You can't focus on it.
    Need to go out and regroup to fix.
    Happened to me yesterday, and people in group said they had it too with other groups.

Already in the list, but thanks!

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When our group did the "Vaults Of Madness" pledge the other day, the giant Flesh Atronach Grothdarr did not put down any lava beams at all. I haven't repeated it yet to see if it was just a bug for that instance, but it sure made the fight easy :)
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Entropy bug is driving me crazy!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bugged Skills / Passives:
    • Agility (Medium Armor): This Passive is reflected in tooltips but has no effect on actual damage numbers. Testing and results by @Asayre :
      Asayre wrote: »
      The weapon damage increase from the Agility passive in the Medium Armour skill line results in a change in the weapon damage on the character sheet and a change in the abilities tooltip value however the actual damage dealt does not reflect this.

The testing is done in Cyrodiil and with the aid of Foundry Tactical Combat. The attacker is equipped with 4 pieces of the Shield Breaker set and a 2H axe. In fact any medium armour will work, it's just what I had handy. All equipment is V16 and legendary. The weapon damage shown in the character sheet is 1700 (=1571 (2H axe) + 129 (Shield Breaker 4 piece)). Attacker's stamina pool is 11849. The tooltip value for Wrecking Blow is 4567. Attacker's focus is 100 (base focus). Target has 18552 physical resists. The actual damage recorded is 1645. This is in line with expectations because damage in Cyrodiil is halved and the mitigation provided by the target's resistance is 27.95% ( (18552-100)/660 ). Thus the calculated damage is

4567 [Tooltip] * 0.5 [Battle Spirit] * (1-0.2795) [Physical resistance] = 1645 [Calculated damage]

When an extra piece of Shield Breaker is equipped, the weapon damage on the character sheet is increased to 1904 (=1700*1.12). This correctly reflects the 12% increase in weapon damage due to the Agility passive. Attacker's stamina pool has also increased to 12270. The Wrecking Blow tooltip now reads 4960. Using the same calculation as above, we expected

4960 [Tooltip] * 0.5 [Battle Spirit] * (1-0.2795) [Physical resistance] = 1786 [Calculated damage]

But the actual damage recorded is only 1669.

I've verified that the tooltip value of Wrecking blow accurately reflects the increased weapon damage. From previous testing without ever using 5 pieces of medium armour I found that the tooltip value of Wrecking blow is

Wrecking blow tooltip value = 0.154 * ( Stamina + 10.48 * Weapon Damage)

In the first case with only 4 pieces of Medium Armour the calculated Wrecking Blow tooltip is 4568 while in the second case it is calculated to be 4962. Both these values match favourably with the actual tooltip value.

So to reiterate, the Agility passive in the Medium Armour skill line correctly increases weapon damage by 12% and this change is reflected in the tooltip value for a skill however the actual damage dealt does not reflect this.

Hey, this is still bugged after the last patch.

Just wanted to let you all know, because it is the main reason for the big gap between magicka and stambuilds atm (Besides the false reg. drinks calculation of course).
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »

Bugged Skills / Passives:
    • Agility (Medium Armor): This Passive is reflected in tooltips but has no effect on actual damage numbers. Testing and results by @Asayre :
      Asayre wrote: »
      The weapon damage increase from the Agility passive in the Medium Armour skill line results in a change in the weapon damage on the character sheet and a change in the abilities tooltip value however the actual damage dealt does not reflect this.

The testing is done in Cyrodiil and with the aid of Foundry Tactical Combat. The attacker is equipped with 4 pieces of the Shield Breaker set and a 2H axe. In fact any medium armour will work, it's just what I had handy. All equipment is V16 and legendary. The weapon damage shown in the character sheet is 1700 (=1571 (2H axe) + 129 (Shield Breaker 4 piece)). Attacker's stamina pool is 11849. The tooltip value for Wrecking Blow is 4567. Attacker's focus is 100 (base focus). Target has 18552 physical resists. The actual damage recorded is 1645. This is in line with expectations because damage in Cyrodiil is halved and the mitigation provided by the target's resistance is 27.95% ( (18552-100)/660 ). Thus the calculated damage is

4567 [Tooltip] * 0.5 [Battle Spirit] * (1-0.2795) [Physical resistance] = 1645 [Calculated damage]

When an extra piece of Shield Breaker is equipped, the weapon damage on the character sheet is increased to 1904 (=1700*1.12). This correctly reflects the 12% increase in weapon damage due to the Agility passive. Attacker's stamina pool has also increased to 12270. The Wrecking Blow tooltip now reads 4960. Using the same calculation as above, we expected

4960 [Tooltip] * 0.5 [Battle Spirit] * (1-0.2795) [Physical resistance] = 1786 [Calculated damage]

But the actual damage recorded is only 1669.

I've verified that the tooltip value of Wrecking blow accurately reflects the increased weapon damage. From previous testing without ever using 5 pieces of medium armour I found that the tooltip value of Wrecking blow is

Wrecking blow tooltip value = 0.154 * ( Stamina + 10.48 * Weapon Damage)

In the first case with only 4 pieces of Medium Armour the calculated Wrecking Blow tooltip is 4568 while in the second case it is calculated to be 4962. Both these values match favourably with the actual tooltip value.

So to reiterate, the Agility passive in the Medium Armour skill line correctly increases weapon damage by 12% and this change is reflected in the tooltip value for a skill however the actual damage dealt does not reflect this.

Hey, this is still bugged after the last patch.

Just wanted to let you all know, because it is the main reason for the big gap between magicka and stambuilds atm (Besides the false reg. drinks calculation of course).

Yeah, I can see this bug making a huge impact on the balance :/

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    When our group did the "Vaults Of Madness" pledge the other day, the giant Flesh Atronach Grothdarr did not put down any lava beams at all. I haven't repeated it yet to see if it was just a bug for that instance, but it sure made the fight easy :)

I did that yesterday and it worked for our instance, so I guess it's atleast not completely bugged.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Agility (Medium Armor): This Passive is reflected in tooltips but has no effect on actual damage numbers. This is making a HUGE impact on the Stamina / Magicka balance and should be top priority for fixing. Testing and results by @Asayre

this wtb fix to make stamina "more" viable @ZOS_GinaBruno
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Champion Passives AND Willows Path 5th Bonus don´t affect drinks, resulting in way less recovery than you should have.

Just in case no one else said it before.. :P
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Champion Passives AND Willows Path 5th Bonus don´t affect drinks, resulting in way less recovery than you should have.

When I am not mistaken, the CP and other Health Stat increases ALSO do not work on the food stats.... :P
    Edited by hrothbern on September 10, 2015 5:03PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

hrothbern wrote: »

When I am not mistaken, the CP and other Health Stat increases ALSO do not work on the food stats.... :P

If I am not mistaken its always

Sets/stats etc with multipliers AND then drink/food added which dont get bonus?

Same with HP Buff food for example, Undaunted is not affected by it.
    Edited by Alcast on September 10, 2015 5:19PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just how incomplete ZOS leave their game i know MMO's have bugs etc but this many affecting literally everyone and in such a big way is just laziness
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »
    Just how incomplete ZOS leave their game i know MMO's have bugs etc but this many affecting literally everyone and in such a big way is just laziness

As far as any of us can tell, they are not -leaving- the game this way. That's what patching is for. Which they are doing.

If I'm not mistaken the point of this thread is to point out specific bugs or inconsistencies, not to rant or whine or make generalizations.

Furthermore, calling is laziness just demonstrates that you don't understand how game development, or software development in general, works.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »

That's not the reaction I'm trying to achieve with this thread. I have faith that Zenimax can fix their game now. they had to push for Tamriel Unlimited, then Console Release ... Now is the time for them to do what they didn't have time for before.

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if its a bug or not (because i dunno if i understand the tooltip), but the precise strikes passive of the cp tree doesnt effect vigor crits.

Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if its a bug or not (because i dunno if i understand the tooltip), but the precise strikes passive of the cp tree doesnt effect vigor crits.

hmm it's definitely not a weapon hit but still I guess it should scale with that because it's stamina based.

Does it maybe scale with Elfborn instead? Or with none of them at all?

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm it's definitely not a weapon hit but still I guess it should scale with that because it's stamina based.

Yes, it sadly scales with Elfborn passive. Didnt expect that...and i dont think its intended.

Why the *** should i waste points in a magicka tree to increase my stamina heal?
    Edited by Yuke on September 10, 2015 9:33PM
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it sadly scales with Elfborn passive. Didnt expect that...and i dont think its intended.

Why the *** should i waste points in a magicka tree to increase my stamina heal?

It doesn't make any sense because its crit chance is calculated with Weapon Crit I think - just did a short test not 100% sure.

So we're talking about a Stamina Based Heal that scales of Weaponpower, Stamina, Weapon Crit, and ... Spell Critical Damage?
    Edited by Xantaria on September 10, 2015 10:29PM

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a glitch with speed potion and rapid maneuver and retreating maneuver where they do not stack the speed.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a glitch with speed potion and rapid maneuver and retreating maneuver where they do not stack the speed.

Not a glitch. Intended because all three give the same major speedbuff.

• Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    After 2.1.4 update I'm experiencing the bug with my UI: When I click on any item in my inventory it usually appears the tooltip that allows you to compare the stats of this item and the item of your gear (let's say I've clicked on some ring). The problem is that the tooltip with description of the item lockated in my inventory window is superimposed on the tooltip of the item of the gear making it impossible to read. This bug disappears when I "reloadui" but after some time appears consistently.
  • Tsuyomaru
    Tsuyomaru
    I can confirm that phoenix set is still looping
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuyomaru wrote: »
    I can confirm that phoenix set is still looping

Thank you!