Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    After 2.1.4 update I'm experiencing the bug with my UI: When I click on any item in my inventory it usually appears the tooltip that allows you to compare the stats of this item and the item of your gear (let's say I've clicked on some ring). The problem is that the tooltip with description of the item lockated in my inventory window is superimposed on the tooltip of the item of the gear making it impossible to read. This bug disappears when I "reloadui" but after some time appears consistently.

Thank you!
    @Maphusail
    I added that for now but I'd like to know if you made sure it's not an AddOn causing this issue?
    Edited by Xantaria on September 11, 2015 8:56AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    you don't receive the alliance emperorship health buff in the imperial city districts, but you do in the sewers.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you don't receive the alliance emperorship health buff in the imperial city districts, but you do in the sewers.

Added! Thanks!
    @Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    There have been issues with this buff disappearing sometimes in the past ... was it a one time issue or is it always like that for you and / or other people aswell?
    Edited by Xantaria on September 11, 2015 8:56AM

Options
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    After 2.1.4 update I'm experiencing the bug with my UI: When I click on any item in my inventory it usually appears the tooltip that allows you to compare the stats of this item and the item of your gear (let's say I've clicked on some ring). The problem is that the tooltip with description of the item lockated in my inventory window is superimposed on the tooltip of the item of the gear making it impossible to read. This bug disappears when I "reloadui" but after some time appears consistently.

Thank you! I added that for now but I'd like to know if you made sure it's not an AddOn causing this issue?

I'm not quite sure about it. But I can say that I updated every addon I have to the current patch version. I'll try to check the default settings in the evening and then give you a feedback.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! I added that for now but I'd like to know if you made sure it's not an AddOn causing this issue?

I'm not quite sure about it. But I can say that I updated every addon I have to the current patch version. I'll try to check the default settings in the evening and then give you a feedback.

Okay! :smile:

Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much @Xantaria (and anyone who contributes) for your effort. I never knew why some of my calculations just didnt seem to be correct until I saw that "Agility" bug.

Very informative and I hole Zenimax does /lurk
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Combat Scrolling text this little issue is still coming up from months ago, now that I am back playing casually.

Nightblade: Sap Essence And Evasion
    -Use Blur(Or morphs), then spam Sap essence(You don't need a target)
    Occasionally, using FTC combat log, You'll get a dodge prompt and evade the self heal portion of the skill.

On a different Nightblade I activated Double Take and let Rally + Vigor tick for over 2 minutes and never got a dodge prompt.

Doge.. Dodge.. Hm..
    Edit: You also begin to generate ultimate when you doge like this.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on September 11, 2015 9:25AM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Relax! Fixing everything needs some time. And meanwhile you can continue kill daedra! :D

4lhHIxSGE2U.jpg

Personally I'm scared of new slow interactions with dodgeroll. It's punishing like hell now - better slow walk than 3 useless dodgerolls. :s
    Edited by Fecius on September 11, 2015 9:28AM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xantaria Should this list include:
    1. Being kicked out of game for no reason back to login screen
    2. When logging out of a character (toon swapping) being kicked out of IT and sent to Rivenspire?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    @Xantaria Should this list include:
    1. Being kicked out of game for no reason back to login screen
    2. When logging out of a character (toon swapping) being kicked out of IT and sent to Rivenspire?

Those are client / server issues not gameplay related stuff and I kinda want to keep everything gameplay related. :sweat_smile:

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Combat Scrolling text this little issue is still coming up from months ago, now that I am back playing casually.

Nightblade: Sap Essence And Evasion
    -Use Blur(Or morphs), then spam Sap essence(You don't need a target)
    Occasionally, using FTC combat log, You'll get a dodge prompt and evade the self heal portion of the skill.

On a different Nightblade I activated Double Take and let Rally + Vigor tick for over 2 minutes and never got a dodge prompt.

Doge.. Dodge.. Hm..
    Edit: You also begin to generate ultimate when you doge like this.

I knew this but simply forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

I'll put it into Exploits because it's mainly used to generate Ultimate.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 11, 2015 10:16AM

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charging Maneuver
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2173468/#Comment_2173468

seldomly works for me.. haven't tried since IC since I used the free respec to get rid of it.

Shuffle + Cloak visual bug

reported on PTS beginning august, still present in IC live:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/207037/quick-cloak-shuffle

will be a major problem for Console players once they get IC, since they don't get addons to help them keep track like we do.

In-combat bug

Needs no explaining... present for >1 year.
    With IC patch, DW now has major brutality available, so I'm not using Rally anymore and that certainly helps as HoT's are the major source of this problem.

Edited by Docmandu on September 11, 2015 10:22AM
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

In-combat bug

With IC patch, DW now has major brutality available, so I'm not using Rally anymore and that certainly helps as HoT's are the major source of this problem.

I noticed since I moved away from Rally (2H heal and Major Brutality buff) and use Vigor now, since the HOT is quick (5 sec's), because of this I don't really get the In-Combat bug anymore, or that it's much, much less noticeable. Being a Nightblade and trying to escape is much easier now since the "In-Combat bug" in the past has gotten me killed alot when I couldn't get back to Sneak.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charging Maneuver
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2173468/#Comment_2173468

seldomly works for me.. haven't tried since IC since I used the free respec to get rid of it.

Shuffle + Cloak visual bug

reported on PTS beginning august, still present in IC live:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/207037/quick-cloak-shuffle

will be a major problem for Console players once they get IC, since they don't get addons to help them keep track like we do.

In-combat bug

In-combat bug

I noticed since I moved away from Rally (2H heal and Major Brutality buff) and use Vigor now, since the HOT is quick (5 sec's), because of this I don't really get the In-Combat bug anymore, or that it's much, much less noticeable. Being a Nightblade and trying to escape is much easier now since the "In-Combat bug" in the past has gotten me killed alot when I couldn't get back to Sneak.

Added. The in Combat bug is still very present for healers of course.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 11, 2015 10:44AM

Options
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    bumping this for visibility. The Agility bug with medium armor is absolutely killing my Stam DK right now.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freeman wrote: »
    bumping this for visibility. The Agility bug with medium armor is absolutely killing my Stam DK right now.

Hi fellow Stam DK,

I feel you :disappointed:

Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade siphoning tree : siphoning strikes morph siphoning attacks does not generate ultimate upon skill activation as it should when you have the passive soul siphoner in siphoning tree.

I guess this is from when the skill was a toggle.

Reported it ingame aswell.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Nightblade siphoning tree : siphoning strikes morph siphoning attacks does not generate ultimate upon skill activation as it should when you have the passive soul siphoner in siphoning tree.

I guess this is from when the skill was a toggle.

Reported it ingame aswell.

Soul Siphoner: Increases the effectiveness of your Healing done by for each Siphoning ability slotted.

I guess we are talking about this one:

Transfer:

While Gaining Ultimate:
    •Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown.

As it's a buff now it should grant you the 2 additional Ultimate on activation while being in combat.

Added!
    Edited by Xantaria on September 11, 2015 11:03AM

Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI - full health bar flashing

healthbar.jpg

I've not figured out how to reproduce this reliably, my current guess is it happens when I die with some health buff (max/regen/hot?). You need to make the health bar visible, so eat some health food, or take an Ayleid well. The red glow flashes approximately every second, out of combat, non-stop. You can get rid of it e.g. by jumping off a tower... maybe any health loss would do... I have to try ravage health potion ;)
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon: Normal Wayrest Sewers
    Allene Pellingare will not spawn immediately upon defeating the fiendish hallucinations. Players must leave the area for her to reappear.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agility bug should be fixed for next update (v2.1.6) according to ESO Live.
    Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Added! Thanks!
    @Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    There have been issues with this buff disappearing sometimes in the past ... was it a one time issue or is it always like that for you and / or other people aswell?

No it is constant, if I am in the districts no health buff, but in the sewers health buff, everyday since the patch went live. I think some others in my guild have it too, but so many people spend so much time in the sewers I don't know if they would notice.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Added! Thanks!
    @Saint_JiubB14_ESO

No it is constant, if I am in the districts no health buff, but in the sewers health buff, everyday since the patch went live. I think some others in my guild have it too, but so many people spend so much time in the sewers I don't know if they would notice.

Thank you for confirming!

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agility bug should be fixed for next update (v2.1.6) according to ESO Live.

Yeah Rich Lambert and Gina Bruno both confirmed it.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    UI - full health bar flashing

healthbar.jpg

I've not figured out how to reproduce this reliably, my current guess is it happens when I die with some health buff (max/regen/hot?). You need to make the health bar visible, so eat some health food, or take an Ayleid well. The red glow flashes approximately every second, out of combat, non-stop. You can get rid of it e.g. by jumping off a tower... maybe any health loss would do... I have to try ravage health potion ;)

I could not reproduce this :/ ... are you on consoles or PC?

Options
  • hyper_insomnia_para_condrioid_teenagerrwb17_ESO
    Troneon wrote: »
    New bug, using Structured Entropy mage guild skill triggers potion cooldown even if you have or have not used a potion. This stops you being able to use potions.

I have this bug. Can't use v15 pots. Only can use v10 and below pots
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. checking if this is a bug.. but.. my hireling only brings me tier 9 mats, even tho I am level 10 in cloth/smith/wood VR16. My guildies are getting tier 10 mats.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's some of my experiences:

1. Health bar is randomly broken, in PvE areas, cities, etc. It goes back to normal after you activate a buff. Goes back when the buff ends.
    2. Shield icon stays even though you don't have it one on. Usually happens in PvP (very often), and can only be fixed if you leave Cyrodiil or relog.
    3. Being Eclipsed, breaking free doesn't always respond. Your character will more than likely light attack, then block right after.
    4. Snipe animations still hitting you even though you already rolled or gained distance from the attacker.
    5. Coldharbor impact circles
    6. Wrecking Blow...
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Ok.. checking if this is a bug.. but.. my hireling only brings me tier 9 mats, even tho I am level 10 in cloth/smith/wood VR16. My guildies are getting tier 10 mats.

Your hirelings will not bring you mats that came out with IC DLC. Your guildies should not be getting those.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Here's some of my experiences:

1. Health bar is randomly broken, in PvE areas, cities, etc. It goes back to normal after you activate a buff. Goes back when the buff ends.
    2. Shield icon stays even though you don't have it one on. Usually happens in PvP (very often), and can only be fixed if you leave Cyrodiil or relog.
    3. Being Eclipsed, breaking free doesn't always respond. Your character will more than likely light attack, then block right after.
    4. Snipe animations still hitting you even though you already rolled or gained distance from the attacker.
    5. Coldharbor impact circles
    6. Wrecking Blow...

A lot of this stuff is related to lag issues in PvP and would probably not be an issue with good servers.

Added the API shield bug, although related to lag (most likely) it should be fixable by resetting all shield values the API gives you to 0 when you die.

Got the Healthbar issue already.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 13, 2015 11:12AM

Options