Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[The Bug Notes] Compendium of current Bugs / Exploits

• BalgusFlinn
    BalgusFlinn
    ✭✭✭
    BUGs- Random dismount of horse, can happen to an entire raid simultaneously (20 people all get dismounted at same time.)
    If you lag during a charge closer, your toon can become stuck in the charging motion, leaving you unable to act even though you are no longer lagging.
    Choosing the option to pick your resurrection spot in IC can lock up your game.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn Skoria is proccing at under a 1% chance per DoT tick.
    i.imgur.com/UZbICio.jpg
    You can see it says it hit 12 times but when i went to go look at the mage only DPS it only showed 9 hits and I had over 1k DoT ticks over the duration of the fight. The 25% damage nerf was needed but this proc chance cant be intended.
    Edited by asneakybanana on September 23, 2015 1:55AM
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Infight (AvA)

I found that if I take Rally off my skillbar I can mount much more often. But this is a strange bug that seems to effect possibly Khajits more than other classes, as I am often left not being able to mount 5-10 minutes after combat ends even when other bugged players can mount after 2-3 minutes.

I have filed a bug report at least 10 times in the last 6 months and running around is becoming annoying...

2. There is a bug in IC sewers where the mob or or player can be feared underneath the steel grating on the ground. I have feared mobs into here and I have been cc's by a large serpent into this area (the steel floor gratings are everywhere). If you get stuck under the grating you cannot use /stuck because the mob keeps you in combat but does not damage.

3. Willow's Path 5 set bonus does work with drinks.

Edited by Wycks on September 23, 2015 2:56AM
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to submit a bug which has been an on and off issue and back again as of the most recent update.

At sometime between tanking the Foundation Stone Atronarch and the Mage, my health bar breaks. The health bar will start to stay at 100% and only slightly drop (if it drops at all). I think that something during the Wisp Mother fight or Foundation Stone Atronarch is causing this issue.

I would like to say it has made me a better tank because I don't know what my health is at when tanking axes, but I am getting really tired of this bug.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i.imgur.com/UZbICio.jpg
    You can see it says it hit 12 times but when i went to go look at the mage only DPS it only showed 9 hits and I had over 1k DoT ticks over the duration of the fight. The 25% damage nerf was needed but this proc chance cant be intended.

Hey! I gave you two war horns!
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    Not sure if this is intended/bug. This might be really stupid but here goes:

Is it intended that V16 mobs in IC only drop V15 glyphs? My character is also V16. I was slightly dissapointed that all the glyphs dropped from V16 mobs were V15 ( therefore won't yield V16 runes when deconstructing). In past iterations, runes have always been a level range, eg V10-V14 and it didn't matter as much. Now, however since runes are only tied to one level it's rather frustrating to be getting V15 glyphs from V16 mobs.

The V16 mobs also seem to be dropping V15 gear, but unlike enchanting , you can use the material gained from deconstructing V15 gear, in order to craft V16 gear. ( So, not so much of an issue). This does add then, yet another layer of grinding to get V16 gear, since you can't get V16 glyphs to decon. ( I understand that this may be intended by ZOS, based on the direction that obtaining gear/motufs/crafting materials seems to be headed in)

I know you can get V16 runes by buying them with TV stones, or getting lucky with a specific mob dropping a v16 rune (the 70k one).( Not sure if there are more ways though).

So my question is, is it intended or a bug. Of course if anyone has received a V16 glyph from killing a V16 mob , then I will continue searching for those, in order to deconstruct them :smiley:

Many thanks.

EDIT: For clarity. Glyphs were picked up in sewers/districts. ( not dungeons). P'S now that I think of it, I've only come across V15 alchemy water and V15 recipes. So I'm wondering if V16 recipes/alchemy water/ glyphs/pvp vendor gear have been left out of this update. (Either on purpose or by accident). Or I might just be unlucky and not have seen any).

fwiw, today, after running the sewers for a while i was checking my inventory and found six v16 runes, so they DO drop. i think i probably got them from a trove scamp, as our group (3 man) killed two of them.

previously, i got six v15 runes in loot, but i don't remember where. i really don't keep track while i'm running.

Options
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Lock passive is currently proccing at < than the 10% tool tip. More like 2-3%
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
    Options
  • Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to submit a bug which has been an on and off issue and back again as of the most recent update.

At sometime between tanking the Foundation Stone Atronarch and the Mage, my health bar breaks. The health bar will start to stay at 100% and only slightly drop (if it drops at all). I think that something during the Wisp Mother fight or Foundation Stone Atronarch is causing this issue.

I would like to say it has made me a better tank because I don't know what my health is at when tanking axes, but I am getting really tired of this bug.

Unsure if this applies to PC/MAC, but I've found when this happens if I re-eat my food it corrects the health-bar.

Again - could just be a ps4 fix but it may help
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Not sure if this is intended/bug. This might be really stupid but here goes:

Is it intended that V16 mobs in IC only drop V15 glyphs? My character is also V16. I was slightly dissapointed that all the glyphs dropped from V16 mobs were V15 ( therefore won't yield V16 runes when deconstructing). In past iterations, runes have always been a level range, eg V10-V14 and it didn't matter as much. Now, however since runes are only tied to one level it's rather frustrating to be getting V15 glyphs from V16 mobs.

The V16 mobs also seem to be dropping V15 gear, but unlike enchanting , you can use the material gained from deconstructing V15 gear, in order to craft V16 gear. ( So, not so much of an issue). This does add then, yet another layer of grinding to get V16 gear, since you can't get V16 glyphs to decon. ( I understand that this may be intended by ZOS, based on the direction that obtaining gear/motufs/crafting materials seems to be headed in)

I know you can get V16 runes by buying them with TV stones, or getting lucky with a specific mob dropping a v16 rune (the 70k one).( Not sure if there are more ways though).

So my question is, is it intended or a bug. Of course if anyone has received a V16 glyph from killing a V16 mob , then I will continue searching for those, in order to deconstruct them :smiley:

Many thanks.

EDIT: For clarity. Glyphs were picked up in sewers/districts. ( not dungeons). P'S now that I think of it, I've only come across V15 alchemy water and V15 recipes. So I'm wondering if V16 recipes/alchemy water/ glyphs/pvp vendor gear have been left out of this update. (Either on purpose or by accident). Or I might just be unlucky and not have seen any).

fwiw, today, after running the sewers for a while i was checking my inventory and found six v16 runes, so they DO drop. i think i probably got them from a trove scamp, as our group (3 man) killed two of them.

previously, i got six v15 runes in loot, but i don't remember where. i really don't keep track while i'm running.

Thanks Lylith :smiley: I was aware that the V16 runes could drop from the scamps, but the only glyphs(for decon) that have dropped for me are V15. So I was just wondering if that is intended.

Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i.imgur.com/UZbICio.jpg

Have you consider the large cooldown between each proc ? Your dot tick a lot after a proc and during this time Valkyn can't proc.
    More testing can be interesting, to see if it's a % proc nerf or just the cooldown.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI on the trap issue: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2278095/#Comment_2278095

take it for what it's worth... ie. they know about it... just like they know about the 1+ year old in-combat bug...

SOON!

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the issue about the exploit in IC ... we're getting a patch on 24th ... I think it's highly likely that we are going to see a fix there!
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakhajay wrote: »
    Soul Lock passive is currently proccing at < than the 10% tool tip. More like 2-3%

Can anybody else confirm this?
    3. Willow's Path 5 set bonus does work with drinks.

I think this is intended!
    Thanks Lylith :smiley: I was aware that the V16 runes could drop from the scamps, but the only glyphs(for decon) that have dropped for me are V15. So I was just wondering if that is intended.

I think this is intended aswell!

Added a lot of the other stuff, thanks again!
    Edited by Xantaria on September 23, 2015 2:54PM

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    i.imgur.com/UZbICio.jpg

Have you consider the large cooldown between each proc ? Your dot tick a lot after a proc and during this time Valkyn can't proc.
    More testing can be interesting, to see if it's a % proc nerf or just the cooldown.

Exactly this. Don't forget the cooldown. I do believe Valkyn Skoria works correctly.

Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Radiant Destruction (Templar): This skill and its morphs always crit on the first tick. Previously the first tick was not able to crit at all. The fix to that gave it 100% crit."

I thought this was intended. I remember reading in the patch notes somewhere that the first hit will always crit. I don't think this is a bug, it is intended.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know if other people in your raid have the same problem? And so far I don't think it's reproducable ... we kinda need to find out when exactly this happens. I know the Templar Healing Ultimate was the reason for some issues related to health bars in the past. Are people in your raids using it?
    Edited by Xantaria on September 23, 2015 2:57PM

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »
    "Radiant Destruction (Templar): This skill and its morphs always crit on the first tick. Previously the first tick was not able to crit at all. The fix to that gave it 100% crit."

I thought this was intended. I remember reading in the patch notes somewhere that the first hit will always crit. I don't think this is a bug, it is intended.

I'll go through the notes.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Radiant Destruction: Fixed an issue where this ability’s visual effects would persist if the first tick of damage killed your target.
    •Radiant Destruction: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit.
    •Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Reduced the damage bonus from 40% to 20%. We also fixed an issue where the bonus damage wouldn’t always apply on the first tick.

I think the bold part is what broke it and made it always crit.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 23, 2015 3:01PM

Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    EgoRush wrote: »

I'll go through the notes.

I just did. I can't find it. I think I got confused by the bonus damage from oppression (based on amount of magicka you have) wasn't applying to the first tick, but now does.

I probably got confused, sorry.
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Options
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    •Radiant Destruction: Fixed an issue where this ability’s visual effects would persist if the first tick of damage killed your target.
    •Radiant Destruction: This ability and its morphs can now critically hit.
    •Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Reduced the damage bonus from 40% to 20%. We also fixed an issue where the bonus damage wouldn’t always apply on the first tick.

I think the bold part is what broke it and made it always crit.

Probably combined with the first tick issue is where I got confused and where they may have made the mistake. Made it crit, tweaked the first hit, now the first hit always crits.

Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't see it in the list so...

Weapon visual effects do not transpose correctly when swapping weapons, or just look like "toggles" without actually being one...

- Rally (morph of Momentum) displays a white visual effect over the entire weapon. Reactivating the ability deactivates this effect. Reactivating again will re-enable the visuals. Not tested with Forward Momentum nor Momentum.
    - Multiples visual effects of the previously swapped weapon will persist. Grim Focus, Evil Hunter, Molten armaments... are affected. Equip a certain weapon type, like a 2-handed sword, use the skill, then swap to bow or dual wield for instance. The visuals retained after the swap will be the ones of the 2-handed sword.

Not that it only affects VISUALS, not the actual effects of these abilities.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • JLN
    JLN
    ✭✭
    Overload Heavy Attacks doesnt work with the Shieldbreaker-Set.
    Astrum Herois
    Hodor
    YouTube - JuLiaN
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Orgnums Scales: Buff to health regen sometimes procs late or not at all (have submitted bug report).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NHQO7IEBe4

- Stalwart Guard (skill): Even with 2.3k stam regen the 448 stamina per second channel cost alone somehow drains stam pool to zero (have submitted bug report).
    - Stalwart Guard (skill): Intercepts projectiles aimed at allies within the area of effect intermittently for no apparent reason.
    (Can upload videos for the last 2 if need be)
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

Weapon visual effects do not transpose correctly when swapping weapons, or just look like "toggles" without actually being one...

- Rally (morph of Momentum) displays a white visual effect over the entire weapon. Reactivating the ability deactivates this effect. Reactivating again will re-enable the visuals. Not tested with Forward Momentum nor Momentum.
    - Multiples visual effects of the previously swapped weapon will persist. Grim Focus, Evil Hunter, Molten armaments... are affected. Equip a certain weapon type, like a 2-handed sword, use the skill, then swap to bow or dual wield for instance. The visuals retained after the swap will be the ones of the 2-handed sword.

There is actually an Addon that fixes this ... :')

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLN wrote: »
    Overload Heavy Attacks doesnt work with the Shieldbreaker-Set.

@JLN
    Correct me if I'm wrong ... but Shieldbraker is supposed to only procc on light attacks.
    Edited by Xantaria on September 23, 2015 3:40PM

Options
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

There is actually an Addon that fixes this ... :')

Please share the addon name. This is annoying and I sometimes cannot tell which weapon I have swapped to.
    Options
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    i.imgur.com/UZbICio.jpg

And just as I got a v16 helm to drop and was looking to go back to it, thanks for the info, definitely looks broken.
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you know if other people in your raid have the same problem? And so far I don't think it's reproducable ... we kinda need to find out when exactly this happens. I know the Templar Healing Ultimate was the reason for some issues related to health bars in the past. Are people in your raids using it?

Nobody is using that ultimate and it is only reproducible to the extent that it happens during some patches. One patch the de-synch would happen on every single AA run and this most recent patch it happened 1/2 times last night. I would like to get to the bottom of what is happening, but it is hard to in a raid.

I have heard of health bar synching issues in AA before, but can't recall others having my exact issue. It makes me believe that it has something to do with the role that I am. The only fix that I know of is to die, but I will have to see if re-eating food works.
    Don't tank

Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    i.imgur.com/UZbICio.jpg

Exactly this. Don't forget the cooldown. I do believe Valkyn Skoria works correctly.
    It has a 20s+ cool down now? When did this happen I always thought it was 5. I have an average of 4.9 ticks a second which should give me a 20% proc chance a second which means it should on average take 5s to get a proc. Even with a 5s cool down that's only 10s to proc it which should b 21+ procs not 9. There is no way 9 procs in 215s is working as intended.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Infight (AvA)

I found that if I take Rally off my skillbar I can mount much more often. But this is a strange bug that seems to effect possibly Khajits more than other classes, as I am often left not being able to mount 5-10 minutes after combat ends even when other bugged players can mount after 2-3 minutes.

While the time seems off (did you mean seconds, not minutes?) this is a known issue with HoT effects. I get it on my NB if I use healing skills like Funnel or Refreshing Path. It seems to think I'm still in combat long after the battle ends. What's sad is this issue has been reported for a long time and ZOS hasn't seen it as worth fixing.

Options