Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Info Released

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can I get my questions answered about Veteran Dungeon sets and what is happening to them after the scaling up of dungeons? Are we going to have to re grind for all those sets?

I would also appreciate if my similar question is answered.

Do you plan to reconcile the fact that many players worked hard for gear under the impression that they wouldn't be made to feel bad for the time they invested into the game, but now must come to terms with that same gear being underleveled?

Would it be possible for you to introduce a way for players to increase the level of their items, along with possibility of armor type and trait changes, so that players can be proud of their progression and not feel bad about what they earned?

yea man, if they do not do anything to scaling gear or giving us the ability to upgrade the levels I am done with this game. It amazes me they expect us just to grind the same basic content over and over and over for some loot. Their mentality and the mentality of other people that say, "just grind for new gear its not hard" makes me want to find them and do things to them... I have done over 1000 Vet dungeons and still am missing an item I need.

Out of ALL the vet dungeons I have done I have seen the item I need drop in my groups THREE times; THREE TIMES out of 1000! So to the people that tell us, "just grind more" go pound sand.

Ha and you assume that some of us aren't in the same position as you? I've lost track of how many I've done Vet dungeons, and guess how many complete undaunted sets I have?

One. A single one.

I don't even have anything close to a full 5 set of the trial gear sets either.

The RNG gods have blessed me, clearly.

Some people it seems like this is either, A ) your first MMO, or B ) you don't understand how gearing works in MMOs.
    Edited by Takllin on July 15, 2015 7:52PM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can I get my questions answered about Veteran Dungeon sets and what is happening to them after the scaling up of dungeons? Are we going to have to re grind for all those sets?

Do you plan to reconcile the fact that many players worked hard for gear under the impression that they wouldn't be made to feel bad for the time they invested into the game, but now must come to terms with that same gear being underleveled?

Would it be possible for you to introduce a way for players to increase the level of their items, along with possibility of armor type and trait changes, so that players can be proud of their progression and not feel bad about what they earned?

Do you actually feel bad, or are you just looking for a quick way to bypass grinding out for new gear?

It's a tad ridiculous. Level caps increases come and go, and with that means acquiring new gear at level cap. I worked hard for all of my gear, and I don't feel bad whatsoever about that. You still get to feel proud of your progression. Neither should you.

Stop with the whining. You're coming across very poorly.

To answer your first question, yes. dFvUW2Y.jpg

To respond to your second point, though level cap increases do "come and go," such an idea ignores that players, including myself, have done things under the impression that level increases wouldn't be coming, but only going.

""we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore." - Developer Joe Blackburn.

I'm asking simple questions that I hope that ZOS community managers are allowed to answer. Do not paint this as whining. Not only are you incorrect, but you are also not following the forums code of conduct.

It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, I strongly recommend you refrain from posting, and find another discussion to participate in instead.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 8:02PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Do you actually feel bad, or are you just looking for a quick way to bypass grinding out for new gear?

It's a tad ridiculous. Level caps increases come and go, and with that means acquiring new gear at level cap. I worked hard for all of my gear, and I don't feel bad whatsoever about that. You still get to feel proud of your progression. Neither should you.

Stop with the whining. You're coming across very poorly.

Typical person like you. You have no clue how much work some of us put into grinding Vet dungeons and still do not have what we need. Its not a matter of whining as you put it, its a matter of getting fair value for their total RNG BS system when they do raise the level caps.

Quick to assume, go read what I said to you above.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on July 16, 2015 2:37AM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amdirial wrote: »
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    MCMancub wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Hmph I'm a little disappointed actually very, I expected more pve content instead of 2 dungeons, unless they are unique with leaderboards but I doubt it. Why not make a new dsa or new trials? Instead of just scaling old content for the pvers? It's a huge let down... I feel that the whole pve aspect of this game is going to leave. I for one will be if a trial or new vdsa is not added.

Because it's primarily a PvP zone. Craglorn was for the PvE crowd. I.C. is for the PvP crowd. Next update will be Wrothgar for the PvE crowd again.
    Now ask yourself how long ago was craglorn and all the content in it added
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the announcement says. Pve and pvp zone, I don't know this was just a let down I forsee the whole end game pve community and raid guilds leaving. Same content but scaled? Just lol

A year plus or so on the lower Crag then they dropped upper Crag. Now ask yourself how long ago did Cyrodiil get anything added after launch? Let me answer that real quick....NEVER. In fact they have only been taking away from Cyrodiil (ie...mercenary contracts/forward camps/deer) unless you count the lag. Ok so they've added one thing to Cyrodiil to counter the take aways. Guess I was wrong. :/

Cyrodil may have not gotten a new zone as they are with IC but they sure got stuff like gear for VR14 and items through vendors that PVE didn't get. So to say PVP "never" got anything is actually false. Lets face it PVE is still farming helms that drop at VR12 and its not a guaranteed drop. At least in PVP you know if you get 248,000 AP you can get an item.

They are also farming helms that drop at VR14. I did take a break from 1.3 to January (I may be mistaken here) but iifc the epic gear vendor was there at launch. I will concede that the addition of certain sets does indeed constitute an addition to PvP. So besides the lag.....PvP also got some new gear sets to offset the take aways and lack of any new content akin to what the PvE crowd got with Craglorn.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Yes, why would they retroactively scale them up?

Because of the moral hazard when leading player to a conclusion, which causes those players to act, but then enacting a different conclusion, which causes those players to wish they had acted in a different way.

Sorry but if you really thought that this gear was going to be the best and you would never need to get new stuff and fully upgrade it, I don't feel bad for you. Reasonable people would know that better gear will come, and what you have will go by the wayside and needs to be replaced. It's the nature of MMOs.

Get over it. Grind the new stuff like everyone else.

Nobody ever claimed or thought that current gear was always going to be the best. What players have thought is that their gear may one day not be the best, but not because of a veteran level increase. Need I remind the thread of the following Q&A?

"Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

A: "That's a fairly easy thing to do on our end...."

Need I add the recent comment by Eric Wrobel?

"When you get higher veteran rank items, they are also more powerful, and we are sort of continuing that. With the next update you will be able to get to veteran rank 16. That means that the items will have a pretty dramatic power increase going up to 16."
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

yea man, if they do not do anything to scaling gear or giving us the ability to upgrade the levels I am done with this game. It amazes me they expect us just to grind the same basic content over and over and over for some loot. Their mentality and the mentality of other people that say, "just grind for new gear its not hard" makes me want to find them and do things to them... I have done over 1000 Vet dungeons and still am missing an item I need.

Out of ALL the vet dungeons I have done I have seen the item I need drop in my groups THREE times; THREE TIMES out of 1000! So to the people that tell us, "just grind more" go pound sand.

Ring of Thorn perhaps? Maybe a Necklace of Sardavar?
    Don't tank

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Only 1000 ever? I've done each one probably several hundred times or more each, excluding veteran City of Ash, in the course of having played a couple of years. I only recently completed my "of Thorn" set of 2 rings and resto staff on the live servers. And you know what? That is fine. There's nothing wrong with having some rare sets unless they're several times more powerful than the hard-to-get or common ones. For the existing gear, well, VR12 to VR14 wasn't any notable jump on non-weapon equipment (aka armor, jewelry, and shields), so unless they drastically change the scaling when adding in V16, there's nothing to really care about other than weapons, which give the most substantial gain by far if you're keeping the same set bonuses:

smUPwh3.jpg

This is the same for every single set in the game, right now. It accounts for under a half of one percent of your combat effectiveness to go from VR12 to VR14 when using the same sets since they keep the exact same glyph values, and only the set bonus changes a very minor amount. Unless you're asking that they don't add new sets at all, which would result in the game completely stagnating, it's negligible. Now, I am curious if there will be a VR16 "Healing Staff of Thorn" :D, though.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 8:07PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VR12 to VR14 wasn't any notable jump on non-weapon equipment (aka armor, jewelry, and shields), so unless they drastically change the scaling when adding in V16, there's nothing to really care about other than weapons, which give the most substantial gain by far if you're keeping the same set bonuses:

smUPwh3.jpg

This is the same for every single set in the game, right now. It accounts for under a half of one percent of your combat effectiveness to go from VR12 to VR14 when using the same sets since they keep the exact same glyph values, and only the set bonus changes a very minor amount. Unless you're asking that they don't add new sets at all, which would result in the game completely stagnating, it's negligible.

You are totally, indisputably, correct, but Eric seemed to think otherwise about power level of items due to the vet level increase.

"When you get higher veteran rank items, they are also more powerful, and we are sort of continuing that. With the next update you will be able to get to veteran rank 16. That means that the items will have a pretty dramatic power increase going up to 16."

I think we also need to consider the idea that people enjoy having highest level items, not just for the small increase in power, but also for the prestige of having the highest level items. Look at, for example, the difference in price between epic and legendary Ring of the Healers.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 8:08PM
    Don't tank

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VR12 to VR14 wasn't any notable jump on non-weapon equipment (aka armor, jewelry, and shields), so unless they drastically change the scaling when adding in V16, there's nothing to really care about other than weapons, which give the most substantial gain by far if you're keeping the same set bonuses:

smUPwh3.jpg

This is the same for every single set in the game, right now. It accounts for under a half of one percent of your combat effectiveness to go from VR12 to VR14 when using the same sets since they keep the exact same glyph values, and only the set bonus changes a very minor amount. Unless you're asking that they don't add new sets at all, which would result in the game completely stagnating, it's negligible.

You are totally, indisputably, correct, but Eric seemed to think otherwise about power level of items due to the vet level increase.

I think we also need to consider the idea that people enjoy having highest level items, not just for the small increase in power, but also for the prestige of having the highest level items. Look at, for example, the difference in price between epic and legendary Ring of the Healers.

That is also totally, indisputably correct an insight and observation, @Personofsecrets :). It's an ego thing, more than anything else.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    august 31th!!! man!
    Edited by Lorkhan on July 15, 2015 8:22PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok from the feel I getting the three alliance theme gear are all Xivkyn. Which style you get depends on crafting station used in the new DLC zone. To buy the gear you need Tel Var Stones. You get style mats from deconstructing the gear you buy with the stones.

Am I close? So are these crafting stations in safe PvE sections of the PvP zone? Is these stations alliance bound - I not want make a whole new blacksmith in AD to make a AD alliance style to be worn by my toon in DC alliance... I loving new things to craft and not mind working hard to get stones or buy from other players but I have one master-crafter and since I have to buy the DLC I should be able to enjoy all aspects of it as a PvE player as well those who want play as PvP. But before I buy the DLC I want be sure as a crafter I will be to enjoy many aspects as possible.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Tel Var Stone Legendary set currency....

Uh oh.... This sounds like WoW ...

No, it sounds like Darkness Falls in DAOC which pre-dated WOW by a long while.IT had its own unique drops (seals) which could be traded in to merchannts inside DF for the loot of your choice... and notice the word "choice" in there which is something most people are not talking about with the IC news: instead of getting set item drops that you have no use for, you get tokens (Tel Vals stones) that let you buy exactly what you want.

I wish they'd apply the system to the whole game, including quest rewards.

Gotta agree. Allow RNGesus to influence the amount you get, but never below a baseline number.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 15, 2015 8:45PM

✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    The token system reminds me of WOW.

Let the grind begin.
    Yes it will be a grind. But i prefer tokens because currently we have e.g. Valkyn Skoria grind, which may end on first run or it may never end (and i have witnessed both). Token grinds will eventually give you what you want.
    Edited by helediron on July 15, 2015 8:47PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. I've been asking about this for months :(. I was expecting to at least see a large (200-300% extra gain, meaning triple to quadruple the player kill XP that you get now) buff to pvp-earned experience in the list when the Imperial City was announced, at least. This is a very big issue that is getting worse quickly as those of us who prefer pvp and trials to mob grinding fall further and further behind for playing the same amount of time by orders of magnitudes.
    I fear it's already too late for this.

That they did not already recognize the CP-gap/disparity is an evidence that they do not analyze player stats at all.. :-( I thought it's their PR-philosophy, not to inform us on player stats but I fear that they don't have any sort of these stats themselves. That's why they don't talk about it, not because some managment decided to hide the numbers.. :neutral:

(( Concernig class-per-player numbers/stats: I just think that a huge number of players must have started playing sorcerer (even earlier than 1.6, see Mr. Wroebel interview and his reaction to the chat-sorc spam), so that they had to make a very unpopular desicion concerning Bolt Escape. :-) ))

It's definitely concerning, and why even though I thought it was an extremely basic idea to have parity in XP earnings between pve and pvp, I wanted to ask again since I've not seen any response to the problem in months and this is the big pvp patch.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler / @ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , any update would be much appreciated :D.

✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Ring of Thorn perhaps? Maybe a Necklace of Sardavar?

No I have gotten about 10 of each of those lol I am not joking. Man Bull Shield is what I need.
  • Tyrusaran
    Tyrusaran
    ✭✭
    Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost.

Almost sounds like they considered the option to make people pay for the patch.

actually, yes you have to pay 2500 crowns for the pack in order to even play in the dlc.

pretty much have to buy 3000 crowns for 21 euro to get the dlc, only to get a pvp zone.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before march we must pay every month 13€ to play the game.

Now we had ~6 months without paying 13€ every month to get full access to that game and pay again ~17€ (2500 crones) to get full access again. That's a good deal for us players!

~78 € vs ~ 17 €
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps + 1 enemy keep
    • Access granted by owning the majority of keeps

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.

Can I suggest that you also test out:

Access granted by owning your primary 3 keeps
    Access granted by owning your primary 3 keeps and one emp keep close to your faction

These seem like they would be the best soft options.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.

I hope not the "owning the majority of keeps" since that would end with just 1 faction having access at a time.
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City

So, aside from crafted stuff (?), the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

All pledges and vet dungeons have had their gear reworked and now scaled to V16. Get off your soap.
    That said, about time we got something more specific than the proverbial *soon* so good job on the video and for finally coughing up a release date. Would like more details on the armor sets, how it will be acquired, if they will scale current Undaunteds, including CoA to v16, or if we are now just going to be ditching those for the new instances and toys...

You should read some of the comments before posting. They've already said they would scale.

You should get a clue and realize I am not referring to scaling of dungeons I am talking about details of the gear specific sets you earn from them, which not they did NOT release yet.

You're insinuating that all 23 sets found in I.C. will be strictly better than any other set in the game, even when non-I.C. sets are scaled to V16. So, you're embracing a terrible argument?

What?? lol Obviously you don't get it.

The gear you already earned will not be scaled up. If you want vr16 dungeon drops you are going to have to farm again.
    Edited by AssaultLemming on July 15, 2015 10:32PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im still lost as to why we needed a VR Rank increase with all this talk of removing them? Have they changed their minds and just cant find the words to use to break it to us?

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Everyone has Access

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Can we get an idea of what behavior you're looking for that would make any particular Access style more favorable? The guilds I'm in are going to be testing the content, but testing behaviors and ordinary play behaviors are very different. Also, since we're far more engrossed in playing on the live server and can't take a lot of prime-time hours away from that, I don't know if the long-term nuances of player culture surrounding IC will become apparent on the PTS. I'm sure this is the situation for other guilds as well.

With that said, as a passionate armchair developer with many years of experience in the field (of armchair development), I'd recommend defaulting to a more lenient Access policy to begin with, and then adjust from there over time, barring a situation where you actually do get sufficient data from the PTS. With the population caps as low as they are, I can't imagine a lot of good fights happening on the mainland while one or two factions have their fun in the IC proper. I know from some previous statements that the dev team had hoped the content could be gated around PvP objectives, but Cyro is so big and so few people can be in at once that I don't currently believe a strict Access policy will lead to good player experiences.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The VR ranks are needed to lower XP gained in the regular zones and attempt to force people into Craglorn and Cyrodiil.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭
    Are you still making the huge mistake of nerfing tanks to suit changes needed on PVP battlefields? Or have you come to your senses and finally decided that was a bad idea? I would really like to know, as my decision to continue playing and/ or buy the IC DLC is largely dependent upon whether or not you ignore the 90% of us that dont want you to nerf tank stamina regen.

If you ARE going to nerf tank stamina regen - then dont you think you should nerf DPS stamina regen or magicka regen for magicka DPS while they are casting or attacking? Thats about the logical equivalent of such a poor decision.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    September 16th? WOOOOOOOOOW.
    PS4 NA DC
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    Can you fix your game before trying to add more of it?

As the game devs have proven over the last year, I really don't think they're capable of fixing the game!

To me it seems like it's a grab as much cash as you can from the player base before the game heads down the garbage shoot scenario.

I feel they should've focused on fixing, polishing and balancing the game as much as possible, pre 1.6! Than release new content and a hell of a lot more bugs and balancing issues.

It's basically how B2P/F2P works. By the time people get bored/frustrated and leave, they've already bought the box and some crowns. Then in comes the next wave of new people. This is why B2P/F2P MMO communities are awful. It's just this revolving door of people just stopping in to unload some cash.

What a shame for a game that had so much potential :(

I know, right? Daily increasing number of players, new guilds growing, new content. What a trashy game.

Is there any one thing that ZOS could do to upset you in even the slightest way? Or is everything they do the best thing ever for the game?

And a growing population doesn't mean jack for quality of a game. It means the entry cost is so low that people stop by to try it out. COD must be the best freaking game ever by your standards.

Ahhh he's a fanboy I might've guessed thanks for clearing that up :smiley:

Ahhh a Hater... well we didn't needed that post of you, or the post befor. IT IS WRITEN ALL OVER YOUR FACE!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you fix your game before trying to add more of it?

As the game devs have proven over the last year, I really don't think they're capable of fixing the game!

To me it seems like it's a grab as much cash as you can from the player base before the game heads down the garbage shoot scenario.

I feel they should've focused on fixing, polishing and balancing the game as much as possible, pre 1.6! Than release new content and a hell of a lot more bugs and balancing issues.

It's basically how B2P/F2P works. By the time people get bored/frustrated and leave, they've already bought the box and some crowns. Then in comes the next wave of new people. This is why B2P/F2P MMO communities are awful. It's just this revolving door of people just stopping in to unload some cash.

What a shame for a game that had so much potential :(

I know, right? Daily increasing number of players, new guilds growing, new content. What a trashy game.

Is there any one thing that ZOS could do to upset you in even the slightest way? Or is everything they do the best thing ever for the game?

And a growing population doesn't mean jack for quality of a game. It means the entry cost is so low that people stop by to try it out. COD must be the best freaking game ever by your standards.

Absolutely. There's plenty I don't like about the game. But I don't go around crying gloom and doom because I don't enjoy it when the numbers tell a very different story.

Quality of a game is 100% subjective. What you consider high quality might not be what I consider high quality. All that matters when it comes to the game's success is the size of the player base. I might not enjoy COD, but I'd have to be living under a rock to think that millions of people don't enjoy it just because I don't. It's fine if you hate ESO, but the numbers say that every day people are picking it up and staying. That's success for an MMO.

You keep referencing these imaginary numbers. You can go ahead and paste the Google search traffic if you want and pretend that means something.

And the population could very well be growing, as you would expect after a B2P/F2P release. The problem is that the experience is so hollow that the numbers will inevitably decline.

The numbers did decline, as you would expect them to, and then even before console came out they began to rise again. You're trying to ignore what's staring you in the face.

And the population could very well be growing, as you would expect after a B2P/F2P release. The problem is that the experience is so hollow that the numbers will inevitably decline.

And if they decline and decline, maybe just maybe you decline with them?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on July 16, 2015 2:35AM
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    So this will be forced PvP? No interest in PvP at all

Similarly, it looks like PvP players will be.. let's call it heavily encouraged to grind PvE. Nobody wants to be left behind in gear progression. That's a concern. I don't think anyone should have to spend an inordinate amount of time in a game-mode they do not enjoy.

This is a significant issue that only will be brought even more to the forefront if PVP xp gain isn't brought to par with pve mob grinding :(. I also hope that rewards for the worthy bags in pvp will be able to be deconstructed the same way VR15 drops in the imperial city are going to be, for the materials to craft with, and not just the ones from mobs.
    If all Veteran Dungeons are going to be scaled to v16, what is going to happen to ALL of our Veteran Dungeon sets we have:

Worm Cult
    Saviors
    Ebon
    Relics
    Destruction Suit
    Arms of the Infernate
    Arms of the Ancestor
    etc etc etc

These sets are all RNG, meaning it is completely rando with what you can get. To add to this the loot table on any main dungeon boss is a list of over 250 items. I have done at least 1000 full vet dungeon runs between the six originals and still missing at least 4 items from these sets. That is 12 months of grinding and doing at least 2-3 Vet dungeons a day. Some days I have done 10-15.

I am concerned with that fact that those of us who do collect and use these sets are going to be screwed because now ALL vet dungeons are going to be scaled to v16.

I thought last week during the ESO live, itemization was going to be discussed?? This game desperately needs gear to scale off of player level or add the ability for crafters to add levels to gear, including jewelry.

I do not mind having to grind again to a point, but when I have killed the same bosses hundreds and hundreds of times and only see the item I need drop twice to other people in my group; that kind of makes me want to quit.

If ZOS you are not going to add item scaling or something for crafters, you really need to address the loot tables and RNG on some aspects of this game.

yeah pls @JessicaFolsom Could you ask the team if it possible to increase the drobchance of

Worm Cult
    Saviors
    Ebon

a little bit. I play vet dungeons for over a half year and don't have 5 pieces of wom cult. It is soooo seldom. With the Level cap increase, I have to start again. With this rate it will be ridicoulus... Please Jessica help!!!

I'm not sure how often or quickly you clear them then... I usually see a piece of one of those sets every couple of runs and it only takes 10 to 15 minutes for most of the vet dungeons, excluding city of ash which doesn't drop those. I didn't run vet dungeons particularly heavily and had all of the main ones except Thorn, within a couple of months and they're hardly necessities.

I did them someday 5 times and that for weeks. I think it could at least a little bit better. They should not drop in every run, but with all the random sets you could end up not getting the part you need. I would take one of 3 pieces, but neighter dropped. And now I am not sure, if I start farming it again. A very slight increase would be totally awesome. It should not accure too often, that you just get a blue item from the last boss of a dungeon for example.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.

Why are you being such a child about this? You just want everyone else to have to wait because you do? Why should PC owners have to wait?
    Releasing it as available means that the first group gets to live test it and reveal any issues for the rest of us. This is why I wouldn't have had a problem with a staggered rollout for console players, with pre-orders getting times to start playing based on when they purchased the game.

Separately, to the people complaining that it should cost more crowns because you have the crowns in your pocket, you are making it seem like ZOS can't win with you. You realize that the crown cost creates a lesser barrier to other players, and leaves more crowns in your pockets to buy consummables or ice ponies, or whatever is coming in the future that you might want. Imagine that extra bank slots or character slots comes out in a few months....I'm guessing at that time that the extra thousands of crowns in your account won't seem like they are weighing you down. If you subscribed for the last year or whatever, my understanding is you were given crowns for that time period, which essentially will end up giving you more dlc for free, as in owned permanently, than what ANY company could have reasonably put out in a year.
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Yes of course you are. In the history of this game zos has never, to my knowledge, levelled up an item that has already dropped.