Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Info Released

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm curious, with the new VR 15 and 16 crafting materials being added to the game, how will this affect top end crafting writs?

I'm curious as to how this level change will effect level consolidation in the future.

Now there could easily be a 'tier' higher than the v10-v14 'tier' once item levels are consolidated.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if there was no moral hazard in that players have made many decisions based off of instances such as the following.

https://youtu.be/0ckaYoL1o5w?t=2982

Check out the 49:42 mark for a very interesting question with an equally interesting response.

Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

A: "That's a fairly easy thing to do on our end...."

Remember, as Joe Blackburn said,

"we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore."

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , pass on this idea about the future consolidation of item levels without making players feel as though their current investment into getting those items is worthless.

At least introduce a system that allows players to increase the levels of their gear. Honestly, what good is it that I did undaunted pledges for the helm and shoulder sets if I have to do those pledges again to get the same items at a higher level (if I even can get them again). What good is playing in trials, getting gear such as Signet of the Warlock, if the item is going to be outmatched in power do to higher level of new items entering the metagame. And if you do introduce an awesome way of increasing item levels, then please consider letting us change item armor types and traits too... please.

Do we need to have this discussion again? You already posted this in a thread and got several valid responses and to how these two things don't relate. Quit posting it everywhere. You're just trying to spread bad information.

You should elaborate on what you mean, rather than flaming me, so that we can have a discussion about moral hazards and the developers mission to make players feel good about their gear.

You're trying to draw a direct line between the increase in veteran levels and the new gear, and that line doesn't exist. There are hundreds of reasons they chose to increase the vet levels, but it's not because they want to create an endless grind so you'll keep playing the game. I'd rather not have to quote your own thread because you didn't pay attention to the responses that already explained this.

No, you are wrong.

I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear.

I don't care about why the veteran level increase is happening, but I do care about how consumer friendly this veteran level increase is. Can we avoid a moral hazard? Yes. Can we avoid players grinding for a chance to get a higher level version of the same things they already have? Yes.

Please be civil and refrain from flaming.

So because people got to the max level for gear, they aren't allowed to up the max level?

Let's be clear, the developers are allowed to do anything they want. Players giving feed back to the developers wont force them to change the game.

The reason that I suggest a way to increase item levels is because it would prevent a situation in which players feel bad about their time investment in the game and because it would be a good way for players to feel good about their gear.

So instead of paying the game, you want everything soon fed to you. There will always be a level cap increase at some point. There's always going to be a better version of something coming along in a game, that's how a game progresses and evolves. If they wanted to make it simple like you want they might as Stoll just open a cash shop and make it P2W so no one ever has to actually play the game.

No you are incorrect. As I wrote,

"I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear. "

Additionally, even under the assumption that "there's always going to be a better version of something coming along in a game," there isn't a necessity for a level increase in order for that something to be better. As I have wrote before, I don't particularly care if there is a level increase, but I do care if game systems are implemented that contradict the developers vision of the game. Obviously, the developers want players to be happy and that is why I am here, to help the developers help the players.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 6:20PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    So in other words people like me who don't pvp or ever go to cyrodiil really have no reason to buy this patch. I thought they said it was going to add pve content as well? I'm a plus member so I will get it for free, but what a waste.

"New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
    Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
    The Tel Var Stone system
    23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
    Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
    Xivkyn racial motif style
    New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)"

Sounds like a fair chunk of PvE / Non-PvP content to me! ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need more info before I can yay or nay.

Mainly will access to the PvE content be restricted by the state of your alliance in PvP?

I don't want to feel forced into PvP when I don't enjoy it. I do want a shedload of PvE content though (and not just more dungeons!)

Remember, you only need your 6 home bases to get inside. This should be pretty easy for every faction to accomplish.

Hmm... not sure that is really as easy as you think. Plus this becomes a forced play for pve players wanting into locked out pve content and the only new pve content they can enjoy so far.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking really forward to this update now :)
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Honestly though, I'll ask a serious question.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BrianWheeler, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

How do you intend to let other players know when someone doesn't have the DLC? For instance I have acquired a duplicate Xivkyn Motif book (may sound ridiculous, but hear me out) and I decide to give it to a friend of mine, who without my knowledge didn't buy the DLC. Is there an in-game notification that lets you know that the receiving player doesn't have the DLC?
    @Spectral_Lord In theory it shouldn't matter. They have said items will be tradable regardless of whether a player has the DLC or not.
    I can't really wrap my head around that decision.

It prevents the game from being P2W. If only those who bought the game could access the armor sets/items in I.C., then you could argue that, in addition to new content, there is a gap in power between payers and non-payers.

EDIT: The only gap is experiencing the content: the new zones, PvP, and dungeons.
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 6:27PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm curious, with the new VR 15 and 16 crafting materials being added to the game, how will this affect top end crafting writs?

I'm curious as to how this level change will effect level consolidation in the future.

Now there could easily be a 'tier' higher than the v10-v14 'tier' once item levels are consolidated.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if there was no moral hazard in that players have made many decisions based off of instances such as the following.

Check out the 49:42 mark for a very interesting question with an equally interesting response.

Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

"we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore."

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , pass on this idea about the future consolidation of item levels without making players feel as though their current investment into getting those items is worthless.

At least introduce a system that allows players to increase the levels of their gear. Honestly, what good is it that I did undaunted pledges for the helm and shoulder sets if I have to do those pledges again to get the same items at a higher level (if I even can get them again). What good is playing in trials, getting gear such as Signet of the Warlock, if the item is going to be outmatched in power do to higher level of new items entering the metagame. And if you do introduce an awesome way of increasing item levels, then please consider letting us change item armor types and traits too... please.

Do we need to have this discussion again? You already posted this in a thread and got several valid responses and to how these two things don't relate. Quit posting it everywhere. You're just trying to spread bad information.

You should elaborate on what you mean, rather than flaming me, so that we can have a discussion about moral hazards and the developers mission to make players feel good about their gear.

You're trying to draw a direct line between the increase in veteran levels and the new gear, and that line doesn't exist. There are hundreds of reasons they chose to increase the vet levels, but it's not because they want to create an endless grind so you'll keep playing the game. I'd rather not have to quote your own thread because you didn't pay attention to the responses that already explained this.

No, you are wrong.

I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear.

I don't care about why the veteran level increase is happening, but I do care about how consumer friendly this veteran level increase is. Can we avoid a moral hazard? Yes. Can we avoid players grinding for a chance to get a higher level version of the same things they already have? Yes.

So because people got to the max level for gear, they aren't allowed to up the max level?

Let's be clear, the developers are allowed to do anything they want. Players giving feed back to the developers wont force them to change the game.

The reason that I suggest a way to increase item levels is because it would prevent a situation in which players feel bad about their time investment in the game and because it would be a good way for players to feel good about their gear.

So instead of paying the game, you want everything spoon fed to you. There will always be a level cap increase at some point. There's always going to be a better version of something coming along in a game, that's how a game progresses and evolves. If they wanted to make it simple like you want they might as Stoll just open a cash shop and make it P2W so no one ever has to actually play the game.

Also, in case you are having misconceptions about me, then let me show you a few things. I have put decent time into figuring out armor values, block cost, AA Hardmode, and VDSA. I'm not someone who hasn't worked for things in ESO so do not paint a picture that I promote the game requiring, somehow, less work for success. It should be clear, especially through my guides, that I promote progression, just like everyone else.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 6:27PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nivinfarr wrote: »
    Why do players give them self silly bounderies and say "I dont PVP", or "I dont PVE" This game has always been labbelled as a mixed PVP and PVE game, if you want everything or max strength you need to do both. If you hate PVE or PVP so much why even play this game?

Can't speak for others, but as a WoW refugee, I'm used to PvP and PvE being separate activities. I can't think of any case where you have to PvP to play PvE effectively, or vice-versa. So the idea of having the two combined like this is new to me.

Actually WoW is a perfect example of the very same concept. I recall many many days trying to win control of Wintergrasp (a pvp zone) so that we had access to the bosses inside the keep. (PvE bosses that dropped some of the very best PvE gear)

And you couldn't access these PvE raid bosses unless your faction controlled Wintergrasp.

I believe every expansion WoW had from Cataclysm on included a PvP/PvE zone. Heck, even their best battleground (forget what it was called now. 40 vs 40) involved alot of PvE interaction with NPCs and summoning huge raid bosses to aid you in the battle.
    Edited by Alphashado on July 15, 2015 6:35PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Why do players give them self silly bounderies and say "I dont PVP", or "I dont PVE" This game has always been labbelled as a mixed PVP and PVE game, if you want everything or max strength you need to do both. If you hate PVE or PVP so much why even play this game?

It's 2015 AD or 15 AE (after entitlement.) This has become the norm everywhere in gaming: developers develop a game a certain way. Most people buy it because they like the way it was developed... some people buy it despite not liking the way it was developed and then they consider it their right to whine about and try to change everything.

It's the new way of the world.

This is 2015. It has become the norm for players to hope that the developers of their favorite IP will listen to them. Many people consider it their right to name-call anyone who suggests that developers take a different route with their game to be an entitled whiner.

"Their favorite IP"... thanks for illustrating my point. It's Bethesda/ZOS's IP, not yours.

As I just wrote. The developers can do whatever they want. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't listen to community feedback.

In fact, the developers actively look for game feedback so that they can make the game better. There is even a menu dedicated, in game, for players to give their feedback to the developers.

If you open up, let's say, your inventory, you will find a tab that contains different menus at the top of your ESO window. On that tab you can scroll over to a question mark icon, then to the headset wearing person icon, and then to either bug icon or pen and paper icon. The bug icon let's you fill out a form which communicates to developers that you have found a problem with the game that should be fixed. The pen and paper icon allows you to submit your game feedback to the developers with regards to a number of game systems; a few examples are quests, stability, game systems, or even other.

There is also what is known as the PTS, or public test server, that can be accessed by showing the 'PTS Environment' on your ESO launcher. The who purpose of the PTS is for players to test out changes made by the developers so that everyone, player and developer alike, can work together in order to make the game great.

So although this game isn't mine the developers do look for suggestions from players, such as myself, that help them make the game better for everyone.

Yes. And reasonable mature players give feedback and report bugs within the correct parameters. Others just say "IC PVP-gated? fail!" One is helping to make the game better. The other is a self-entitled whiner rebelling against the intrinsic PVP/PVE nature of ESO that has been with us since the game was first announced years ago.

One is dealing with reality and the nature of bugs and tweaks that can improve the game. The other one wanted a different game developed and is still pouting because he didn't get his wish.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »
    Need more info before I can yay or nay.

Mainly will access to the PvE content be restricted by the state of your alliance in PvP?

I don't want to feel forced into PvP when I don't enjoy it. I do want a shedload of PvE content though (and not just more dungeons!)

Remember, you only need your 6 home bases to get inside. This should be pretty easy for every faction to accomplish.

Hmm... not sure that is really as easy as you think. Plus this becomes a forced play for pve players wanting into locked out pve content and the only new pve content they can enjoy so far.

Craglorn was the first new content, and it was 100% PvE. This is the first new PvP content since the game launched last April. I'm 95% or more a PvE player and I can honestly say that if this DLC being primarily PvP bothers you, suck toenails. They've been waiting on this for over a year.

PvP players get virtually no XP for PvP, meaning they are forced to do PvE content.
  • RustedValor
    RustedValor
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at all the people crying that they can lose some stones from getting ganked in IC. That mentality is a loser mentality. First thing I think of is, sweet now I have an incentive to gank and kill people to get valuable loot instead of Trash Items for the worthy. The risk/reward ratio in this game is pathetic and boring. Atleast now you will get thr feeling of adrenaline while you try to avoid getting killed for hard earned loot and actually be forced to face real challenges besides running in circles spamming steel tornado.
    Edited by RustedValor on July 15, 2015 6:37PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No, you are wrong.

So instead of paying the game, you want everything soon fed to you. There will always be a level cap increase at some point. There's always going to be a better version of something coming along in a game, that's how a game progresses and evolves. If they wanted to make it simple like you want they might as Stoll just open a cash shop and make it P2W so no one ever has to actually play the game.

No you are incorrect. As I wrote,

"I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear. "

Additionally, even under the assumption that "there's always going to be a better version of something coming along in a game," there isn't a necessity for a level increase in order for that something to be better. As I have wrote before, I don't particularly care if there is a level increase, but I do care if game systems are implemented that contradict the developers vision of the game. Obviously, the developers want players to be happy and that is why I am here, to help the developers help the players.

They aren't obsolete, if they were obsolete thru would have no use, trash, pointless, less than trivial, deleted from the game. There will be bigger level gear, maybe the new stuff will be preferable to what is out there now. And I'm sure people that already have the vr14 gear already will have more than enough people trying to buy it for their own builds out for crafting. Current gear will be far from obsolete after the update.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's 2015 AD or 15 AE (after entitlement.) This has become the norm everywhere in gaming: developers develop a game a certain way. Most people buy it because they like the way it was developed... some people buy it despite not liking the way it was developed and then they consider it their right to whine about and try to change everything.

It's the new way of the world.

This is 2015. It has become the norm for players to hope that the developers of their favorite IP will listen to them. Many people consider it their right to name-call anyone who suggests that developers take a different route with their game to be an entitled whiner.

"Their favorite IP"... thanks for illustrating my point. It's Bethesda/ZOS's IP, not yours.

As I just wrote. The developers can do whatever they want. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't listen to community feedback.

In fact, the developers actively look for game feedback so that they can make the game better. There is even a menu dedicated, in game, for players to give their feedback to the developers.

If you open up, let's say, your inventory, you will find a tab that contains different menus at the top of your ESO window. On that tab you can scroll over to a question mark icon, then to the headset wearing person icon, and then to either bug icon or pen and paper icon. The bug icon let's you fill out a form which communicates to developers that you have found a problem with the game that should be fixed. The pen and paper icon allows you to submit your game feedback to the developers with regards to a number of game systems; a few examples are quests, stability, game systems, or even other.

There is also what is known as the PTS, or public test server, that can be accessed by showing the 'PTS Environment' on your ESO launcher. The who purpose of the PTS is for players to test out changes made by the developers so that everyone, player and developer alike, can work together in order to make the game great.

So although this game isn't mine the developers do look for suggestions from players, such as myself, that help them make the game better for everyone.

Yes. And reasonable mature players give feedback and report bugs within the correct parameters. Others just say "IC PVP-gated? fail!" One is helping to make the game better. The other is a self-entitled whiner rebelling against the intrinsic PVP/PVE nature of ESO that has been with us since the game was first announced years ago.

One is dealing with reality and the nature of bugs and tweaks that can improve the game. The other one wanted a different game developed and is still pouting because he didn't get his wish.

While there certainly is a difference in the mentality of the two different type of players that you described, we can't fully blame players for not being as constructive as someone like you or me. Many people feel that developers don't follow up on the feedback they are given. With that idea, why would players be more constructive if their critique is to fall on deaf ears? The most cost effective way of telling the developers to change is basically a whine.

Let's say that we live in a culture of entitlement and that there are many players with an entitlement complex who are shaping what direction the developers are taking with the game. So what? The point of businesses is literally to cater to a group of persons entitlement complex. How entitled are many people, in the bold year of 2015, to expect that their packaged and pre-ground hamburger not only be packaged, not only be pre-ground, but also be free of poisons, and even low in price? Can you believe how entitled people have become? Can you imagine how things would be if people weren't entitled in some ways?
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 6:38PM
    Don't tank

• Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    One other question I came across after I had already posted this one.

Will all crafting be able to be done for the new Vet Levels V15 & V16? The reason I ask is the new "token" system being put in place for the V16 PVP gear. I want to make sure that as a max crafter I will still be able to create my own gear at the highest level which soon will be V16.

Thank you!

Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.

Why.... ?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    Can you fix your game before trying to add more of it?

As the game devs have proven over the last year, I really don't think they're capable of fixing the game!

To me it seems like it's a grab as much cash as you can from the player base before the game heads down the garbage shoot scenario.

I feel they should've focused on fixing, polishing and balancing the game as much as possible, pre 1.6! Than release new content and a hell of a lot more bugs and balancing issues.

It's basically how B2P/F2P works. By the time people get bored/frustrated and leave, they've already bought the box and some crowns. Then in comes the next wave of new people. This is why B2P/F2P MMO communities are awful. It's just this revolving door of people just stopping in to unload some cash.

Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

As the game devs have proven over the last year, I really don't think they're capable of fixing the game!

To me it seems like it's a grab as much cash as you can from the player base before the game heads down the garbage shoot scenario.

I feel they should've focused on fixing, polishing and balancing the game as much as possible, pre 1.6! Than release new content and a hell of a lot more bugs and balancing issues.

It's basically how B2P/F2P works. By the time people get bored/frustrated and leave, they've already bought the box and some crowns. Then in comes the next wave of new people. This is why B2P/F2P MMO communities are awful. It's just this revolving door of people just stopping in to unload some cash.

What a shame for a game that had so much potential :(
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

I know, right? Daily increasing number of players, new guilds growing, new content. What a trashy game.

EDIT: The problem with @Sallington 's argument is that numbers show the exact opposite thing happening.
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 6:50PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    One other question I came across after I had already posted this one.

Will all crafting be able to be done for the new Vet Levels V15 & V16? The reason I ask is the new "token" system being put in place for the V16 PVP gear. I want to make sure that as a max crafter I will still be able to create my own gear at the highest level which soon will be V16.

Thank you!

Yes, you'll will be able to craft VR15 and VR16 items, but it will require the acquisition of new materials. These materials are not obtained through harvest nodes the way other crafting materials typically are. Instead, you must obtain them by deconstructing VR15 and VR16 drops and then using those materials to craft new items. Also, the new materials are tradeable, so you can buy and sell them with other players, and you can buy them with Tel Var Stones in the Imperial City.

Why.... ?

Because the Imperial City is where they're obtained from. Why are undaunted sets only in pve dungeons? Same reason.

I just want to earn similar amounts of champion/veteran XP for spending a couple of hours out in Cyro and the Imperial City compared to what I get when leveling an alt in the vet zones :(. PVP is only a small fraction, which makes it feel like you're gimping your progression speed when you're out there.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know, right? Daily increasing number of players, new guilds growing, new content. What a trashy game.

Is there any one thing that ZOS could do to upset you in even the slightest way? Or is everything they do the best thing ever for the game?

And a growing population doesn't mean jack for quality of a game. It means the entry cost is so low that people stop by to try it out. COD must be the best freaking game ever by your standards.
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

EDIT: The problem with @Sallington 's argument is that numbers show the exact opposite thing happening.

And you got these stats and figures from where exactly?

All I see is people frustrated and very close to kicking the ESOTU bucket.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

Is there any one thing that ZOS could do to upset you in even the slightest way? Or is everything they do the best thing ever for the game?

And a growing population doesn't mean jack for quality of a game. It means the entry cost is so low that people stop by to try it out. COD must be the best freaking game ever by your standards.

Absolutely. There's plenty I don't like about the game. But I don't go around crying gloom and doom because I don't enjoy it when the numbers tell a very different story.

Quality of a game is 100% subjective. What you consider high quality might not be what I consider high quality. All that matters when it comes to the game's success is the size of the player base. I might not enjoy COD, but I'd have to be living under a rock to think that millions of people don't enjoy it just because I don't. It's fine if you hate ESO, but the numbers say that every day people are picking it up and staying. That's success for an MMO.
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

Ahhh he's a fanboy I might've guessed thanks for clearing that up :smiley:
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can I get my questions answered about Veteran Dungeon sets and what is happening to them after the scaling up of dungeons? Are we going to have to re grind for all those sets?
    Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on July 15, 2015 6:57PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely. There's plenty I don't like about the game. But I don't go around crying gloom and doom because I don't enjoy it when the numbers tell a very different story.

Quality of a game is 100% subjective. What you consider high quality might not be what I consider high quality. All that matters when it comes to the game's success is the size of the player base. I might not enjoy COD, but I'd have to be living under a rock to think that millions of people don't enjoy it just because I don't. It's fine if you hate ESO, but the numbers say that every day people are picking it up and staying. That's success for an MMO.

You keep referencing these imaginary numbers. You can go ahead and paste the Google search traffic if you want and pretend that means something.

And the population could very well be growing, as you would expect after a B2P/F2P release. The problem is that the experience is so hollow that the numbers will inevitably decline.
    Edited by Sallington on July 15, 2015 6:57PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Var Stone Legendary set currency....

Uh oh.... This sounds like WoW ...

No, it sounds like Darkness Falls in DAOC which pre-dated WOW by a long while.IT had its own unique drops (seals) which could be traded in to merchannts inside DF for the loot of your choice... and notice the word "choice" in there which is something most people are not talking about with the IC news: instead of getting set item drops that you have no use for, you get tokens (Tel Vals stones) that let you buy exactly what you want.

I wish they'd apply the system to the whole game, including quest rewards.

Yeah, but what this means is every new DLC, we get a new ''stone'' to collect... see the gear treadmill coming our way ? Also, I can see from miles away the ''Vial of Increased Stone Collecting'' in the cash shop and set pieces being worth 800 stones when you get 1 every 15 minutes lol...
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

And you got these stats and figures from where exactly?

All I see is people frustrated and very close to kicking the ESOTU bucket.

For player base increase see the following:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/306130

Steam has had no additional sales or marketing, so we can use it as a subset to obtain an observation on the whole relatively accurately. There are roughly 10xs (or even higher) more players not playing through Steam as there are that do play through Steam. That means that today, during peak hours, there are at least 2000 more players online as there were 30 days ago. That's higher than this time a year ago.

That's growth. That's not opinion, or me being a fan boy, or whatever. It's just shear numbers that @Sallington has been ignoring for months now. I do not care if he enjoys the game or not. It makes no difference to me, but don't blatantly ignore fact.

See google trends for web search popularity.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

You keep referencing these imaginary numbers. You can go ahead and paste the Google search traffic if you want and pretend that means something.

And the population could very well be growing, as you would expect after a B2P/F2P release. The problem is that the experience is so hollow that the numbers will inevitably decline.

The numbers did decline, as you would expect them to, and then even before console came out they began to rise again. You're trying to ignore what's staring you in the face.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nivinfarr wrote: »

Can't speak for others, but as a WoW refugee, I'm used to PvP and PvE being separate activities. I can't think of any case where you have to PvP to play PvE effectively, or vice-versa. So the idea of having the two combined like this is new to me.

Doesn't mean I think it's a bad idea. Even though I'm not a PvP fan, and have no skill when it comes to squaring off against other players, I think integrating the two play-styles in some zones is a good idea. ESO still has a sense of community, at least compared to WoW. Anything that brings both types of players together seems like a good idea to me. I may get frustrated, might decide the Imperial City is a place I'll avoid. Then again, I might surprise myself and learn to enjoy it.

Just to imform you WOW did things different than games before it. This is the exact same system Darkage of Camelot used with Darkness Falls (Imp City) and it came out 3 years before WoW. Alot of people and myself included remember Darkness Falls with its mixed PVP and PVE system as the best MMO experience of my life
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The numbers did decline, as you would expect them to, and then even before console came out they began to rise again. You're trying to ignore what's staring you in the face.

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can I get my questions answered about Veteran Dungeon sets and what is happening to them after the scaling up of dungeons? Are we going to have to re grind for all those sets?

Yes, why would they retroactively scale them up? Most other sets are getting updated VR 15 and 16 versions. Just have to hope that both will be v16 now and not v12 and v16.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)