Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Info Released

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you fix your game before trying to add more of it?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote: »
    Hi,

i have two Questions that makes me really hot, i hope i can get an Answer here.

1. The Tel Var Stones, can they sold or trade to other Players? If not, i can see Elite Guild-PvP Troops that farm these Stones to get the best PvP Equip. If this happens, we will have the same Problems in PvP like in other Games.

They will farm new Players and get more and more, but the PvP-Starter will be only frustrated. There is no Skill in this, its a Farmparty.

2. I see the new Faction PvP Sets and i like all 3 Sets. But for sure, the Daggerfall / Ebonheart Sets i like more. I am from the Aldmeri Dominion, can i buy or use Sets from the other Factions or do i need to lvl up a new Character on the other Factions, to get them?

If i can only wear the Faction Set from the Faction i played in, then i am really sad because Daggerfall and Ebonheart looking way better, then the Aldmeri Sets.

if your a new player you should be in a non vet campaign and it should be easy to get these stones!
  • Scamandros
    Scamandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the v16 gear that you get with these tel var stones bind on pickup or bind on equip?

Youve mentioned there are safezones in Imperial city, are there any measures to prevent camping just outside these safezones, or dungeon doors which are notorious for having long load screens?

Additionally what measures are there to prevent outnumbered/"zerging" inside the imperial city to control or limit accessibility and loot to the dominating faction?
    As an oceanic player there are times when you are the only guy on a faction in your home campaign while there is a raid of enemies taking keeps, or as it will likely become, the Imperial City. With planned changed making it cost more to change campaigns and removing travel to player functions then I would have no choice but to stick it out against such terrible odds, and worse yet I cannot simply retire to some pve for the night as that involves being in imperial city: the outnumbered pvp zone Im trying to avoid lol.

Now I do love fighting others even when it seems like a hopeless effort at times, the hunt is fun. Im sorry to all you pve lovers I do believe the pvp in this game is the best asset ESO has. There is so much potential that has not been reached because of bugs/performance/lack of development. When working as imagined this could be great, but I do feel for those who don't want to pvp at all. I don't know whats going to happen for you guys
    Aeryj
    Fantasia
    Blades of Vengeance

Mighty Eagle by serjustin19 for your viewing convenience.
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle.
    I fell out of my nest

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech I screech
    but no one hears me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I started to wonder off
    I want to come back but lost my way.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came face to face
    Of Mighty Lion

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came to fall in love with Mighty Lion
    Who's claws is sharp and just

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    Mighty Dragon Came

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Dragon roared aloud
    Who's mighty paws make earthquake
    that quivers underneath our feet

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Soon battle rages
    Between the Mighty Lion and Mighty Dragon

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    My heart grows heavy
    For who do I belong in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continue to battle.
    But Battle I must do within myself

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech, I screech
    Long and hard. I made a fuss

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    As if I was dreaming

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I heard a screech
    But suddenly, I attack Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle had to defend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know I was fighting for Mighty Lion
    So I fought back.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I attack I attack
    But to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    The Mighty claws who's mighty claws
    Felt unnatural to me and very clumsy to me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Why I have chosen to not stay with you
    I do not know. I am complicated at that.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have destroyed Mighty Eagle
    My own kin in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I crawled into a ball
    Weep to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Lost in my whirling thoughts
    My heart and mind is clouded

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have served Mighty Lion over a year
    I thought Mighty Lion is were I belong anew

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I finally contacted
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle says they love me
    In reality I love them also.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continued to clash
    At Mighty Eagle however

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    But clashing with Mighty Eagle
    Just not feel right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have made a wrong choice I now believe
    Terrible and unjust of what I did

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    For am I not a monster
    For attacking a faction who loves me instead

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I was wrong
    Mighty Eagle was right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Come. Please take me back Mighty Eagle
    For I believe I now know

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Were I truly belong
    For indeed I thought

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    That Mighty Lion
    Is were I belong.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    O how I was so wrong Mighty Eagle
    I was gravely wrong and such a fool I was.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    You have met
    Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine who attacked
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know this was wrong
    And so to does Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    With our clashing together
    I now know were I truly belong in Scourge PS4 EU I believe.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Have you all not heard
    The famous saying. That is very wise and so very true?

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Let me repeat the famous saying
    that is very wise and so true

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    It is
    My Enemy, Enemy's, Enemy's
    Is my friend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I come to thee Mighty Eagle
    And so to Princess Justine.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Who used to serve Mighty Lion
    But Now serve Mighty Eagle
    For the very first time in her career.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and are one in the same
    Were I go. She will go to. For she believes it is right choice

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    We are all yours
    O Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    No one else but you
    I feel peaceful. Unafraid

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I belong to you O mighty Eagle
    I am so relieved to hear myself to say that

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and I

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Now flies and fights alongside with Mighty Eagle
    Who's Mighty talons stand for sacred Freedom

Written by Serjustin19
    Written on this day
    September 27. The day when My troubled mind is not clouded no longer.
    In the year of my troubles end
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    i thought spellcrafting is part of imperial city! bummer, i was so excited and only been waiting for imperial city to get spellcrafting >.<

oh well, nevertheless, this dlc looks awesome.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the world bosses featured in the Quakecon video, the giant fleshy guy and the daedric titan looking guy, still in the update?

They're in there...and a whole lot more.

How many people roughly will it take to kill them, please tell me its upwards of 12+ :D
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amdirial wrote: »
    If I remember correctly they talked about IC and Orsinium a year ago. A year later we are "maybe" seeing IC in August. Its something I have to buy. But people here say well just "wait" for Orsinium ..........nice joke thanks a bunch.

Things that are serious problems for players that don't pvp, and please don't hide behind the "PVP hasn't gotten anything" excuse, you may have not gotten new actual content but you have gotten VR14 gear sets as well as XP boosts, buffs and fixes over the last year where PVE gear sets are tied to pledges that don't even scale to VR14. You even have the PVP Lead that answers your questions where as PVE just gets the proverbial finger every time we ask for answers.

1. Forced PVP
    2. Gankers / Exploiters - They exist and nothing gets done about them.
    3. Campaign Ques - Honestly I can't get into a Campaign that doesn't have a pop lock on it sometimes. This is going to be a nightmare and the "we will watch campaigns" isn't going to work because we all know how "fast" ZOS fixes things. .... Or I should say "slowly"
    4. Gear Stones that other players can loot from your body if they kill you.
    5. No New Trial Content ---- "soon" "not this patch" "maybe"
    6. Gear sets gated behind not only a "buy the DLC" but also gated again by PVP

Apparently there will be PVE only content within Imperial City, again curious how that will work maybe that will be decent however worth 2500 crowns, I'm not so sure considering the following:

1. Gated behind PVP ...god I hope my faction doesn't suck as bad I do in PVP and maybe I can get into the content I paid for.
    2. Long Ques - God I hope I can get into IC so I can progress my character in any capacity.
    3. less then 1/4 of the content because I don't pvp, I don't want to lose the stones I just earned (if you can even earn them in the pve areas) by some jerk who wants to gank other players.

So pretty much the content is 2500 crowns and yet I'm not even going to want to play 1/4 of it because its forced pvp.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm gonna hope its not like this but after the wait, told to wait for Orsinium, the only thing I can count on from ZOS is being told to "wait", "soon", next patch, next content update" all with no actual information or dates.

Oh lets not forget the famous "ESO is about choices"

If you don't want to or don't like PVP you don't have to do it ..................I think after everything with IC this is pretty much self explanatory.

Why do players give them self silly bounderies and say "I dont PVP", or "I dont PVE" This game has always been labbelled as a mixed PVP and PVE game, if you want everything or max strength you need to do both. If you hate PVE or PVP so much why even play this game?
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how awesome it will be after you spend 4 hours farming them just to get killed by cyrio lag and some ganker and lose them all.

You love the point that you can now leech and parasyte on other players work? Your parents must be proud of you.

I love the fact that I will have real atmosphere and a death will have consequences. Of course, this is only my point of view, but I really like it. Im not about "getting the best gear asap" - im about the feeling. I dont care if I lose them all after 4 hours, *** happens. It's a game and if we all angry about the other Alliance in voice - just creates more "feeling" , we will hit back ;)

Maybe you are the one who "mimimi" ;)
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do players give them self silly bounderies and say "I dont PVP", or "I dont PVE" This game has always been labbelled as a mixed PVP and PVE game, if you want everything or max strength you need to do both. If you hate PVE or PVP so much why even play this game?

Why do developers create silly boundaries? If there are many players that hate pvp, but enjoy pve, then why make them do the former to access the later?
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 15, 2015 5:39PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's 2015 AD or 15 AE (after entitlement.) This has become the norm everywhere in gaming: developers develop a game a certain way. Most people buy it because they like the way it was developed... some people buy it despite not liking the way it was developed and then they consider it their right to whine about and try to change everything.

It's the new way of the world.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm curious, with the new VR 15 and 16 crafting materials being added to the game, how will this affect top end crafting writs?

I'm curious as to how this level change will effect level consolidation in the future.

Now there could easily be a 'tier' higher than the v10-v14 'tier' once item levels are consolidated.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if there was no moral hazard in that players have made many decisions based off of instances such as the following.

https://youtu.be/0ckaYoL1o5w?t=2982

Check out the 49:42 mark for a very interesting question with an equally interesting response.

Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

A: "That's a fairly easy thing to do on our end...."

Remember, as Joe Blackburn said,

"we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore."

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , pass on this idea about the future consolidation of item levels without making players feel as though their current investment into getting those items is worthless.

At least introduce a system that allows players to increase the levels of their gear. Honestly, what good is it that I did undaunted pledges for the helm and shoulder sets if I have to do those pledges again to get the same items at a higher level (if I even can get them again). What good is playing in trials, getting gear such as Signet of the Warlock, if the item is going to be outmatched in power do to higher level of new items entering the metagame. And if you do introduce an awesome way of increasing item levels, then please consider letting us change item armor types and traits too... please.

Do we need to have this discussion again? You already posted this in a thread and got several valid responses and to how these two things don't relate. Quit posting it everywhere. You're just trying to spread bad information.

You should elaborate on what you mean, rather than flaming me, so that we can have a discussion about moral hazards and the developers mission to make players feel good about their gear.

You're trying to draw a direct line between the increase in veteran levels and the new gear, and that line doesn't exist. There are hundreds of reasons they chose to increase the vet levels, but it's not because they want to create an endless grind so you'll keep playing the game. I'd rather not have to quote your own thread because you didn't pay attention to the responses that already explained this.

No, you are wrong.

I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear.

I don't care about why the veteran level increase is happening, but I do care about how consumer friendly this veteran level increase is. Can we avoid a moral hazard? Yes. Can we avoid players grinding for a chance to get a higher level version of the same things they already have? Yes.

Please be civil and refrain from flaming.

So because people got to the max level for gear, they aren't allowed to up the max level?
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

It's 2015 AD or 15 AE (after entitlement.) This has become the norm everywhere in gaming: developers develop a game a certain way. Most people buy it because they like the way it was developed... some people buy it despite not liking the way it was developed and then they consider it their right to whine about and try to change everything.

this so much
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleasantly surprised that it's only $25 bucks. Hope you keep your DLC at that point ZoS.

Now, if you can fix the lag you might have a game on your hands with this update.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly though, I'll ask a serious question.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BrianWheeler, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

How do you intend to let other players know when someone doesn't have the DLC? For instance I have acquired a duplicate Xivkyn Motif book (may sound ridiculous, but hear me out) and I decide to give it to a friend of mine, who without my knowledge didn't buy the DLC. Is there an in-game notification that lets you know that the receiving player doesn't have the DLC?
    @Spectral_Lord In theory it shouldn't matter. They have said items will be tradable regardless of whether a player has the DLC or not.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is 2015. It has become the norm for players to hope that the developers of their favorite IP will listen to them. Many people consider it their right to name-call anyone who suggests that developers take a different route with their game to be an entitled whiner.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is 2015. It has become the norm for players to hope that the developers of their favorite IP will listen to them. Many people consider it their right to name-call anyone who suggests that developers take a different route with their game to be an entitled whiner.

"Their favorite IP"... thanks for illustrating my point. It's Bethesda/ZOS's IP, not yours.
  • Nivinfarr
    Nivinfarr
    ✭✭✭

Can't speak for others, but as a WoW refugee, I'm used to PvP and PvE being separate activities. I can't think of any case where you have to PvP to play PvE effectively, or vice-versa. So the idea of having the two combined like this is new to me.

Doesn't mean I think it's a bad idea. Even though I'm not a PvP fan, and have no skill when it comes to squaring off against other players, I think integrating the two play-styles in some zones is a good idea. ESO still has a sense of community, at least compared to WoW. Anything that brings both types of players together seems like a good idea to me. I may get frustrated, might decide the Imperial City is a place I'll avoid. Then again, I might surprise myself and learn to enjoy it.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm curious, with the new VR 15 and 16 crafting materials being added to the game, how will this affect top end crafting writs?

I'm curious as to how this level change will effect level consolidation in the future.

Now there could easily be a 'tier' higher than the v10-v14 'tier' once item levels are consolidated.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if there was no moral hazard in that players have made many decisions based off of instances such as the following.

Check out the 49:42 mark for a very interesting question with an equally interesting response.

Q: "How are you going to be introducing new items into the game that increases the players power without increasing the quote unquote level cap?"

"we want to make sure when we do some more of the expanded system changes, we do them correctly. We don't want to give you a situation were you feel like you've put a time investment into the game and now it's all worth less or just doesn't feel right anymore."

Please, @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , pass on this idea about the future consolidation of item levels without making players feel as though their current investment into getting those items is worthless.

At least introduce a system that allows players to increase the levels of their gear. Honestly, what good is it that I did undaunted pledges for the helm and shoulder sets if I have to do those pledges again to get the same items at a higher level (if I even can get them again). What good is playing in trials, getting gear such as Signet of the Warlock, if the item is going to be outmatched in power do to higher level of new items entering the metagame. And if you do introduce an awesome way of increasing item levels, then please consider letting us change item armor types and traits too... please.

Do we need to have this discussion again? You already posted this in a thread and got several valid responses and to how these two things don't relate. Quit posting it everywhere. You're just trying to spread bad information.

You should elaborate on what you mean, rather than flaming me, so that we can have a discussion about moral hazards and the developers mission to make players feel good about their gear.

You're trying to draw a direct line between the increase in veteran levels and the new gear, and that line doesn't exist. There are hundreds of reasons they chose to increase the vet levels, but it's not because they want to create an endless grind so you'll keep playing the game. I'd rather not have to quote your own thread because you didn't pay attention to the responses that already explained this.

No, you are wrong.

I am drawing a direct line between players earning gear, under the idea that it wouldn't be obsoleted, and the new vet level increase obsoleting that gear.

I am drawing a direct line between what players want, to feel good about their gear, and what developers want, for players to feel good about their gear.

I don't care about why the veteran level increase is happening, but I do care about how consumer friendly this veteran level increase is. Can we avoid a moral hazard? Yes. Can we avoid players grinding for a chance to get a higher level version of the same things they already have? Yes.

So because people got to the max level for gear, they aren't allowed to up the max level?

Let's be clear, the developers are allowed to do anything they want. Players giving feed back to the developers wont force them to change the game.

The reason that I suggest a way to increase item levels is because it would prevent a situation in which players feel bad about their time investment in the game and because it would be a good way for players to feel good about their gear.
    Don't tank

• LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess we aren't getting any new trials in this either.

We are working on more Trials for the future, just not as a part of Imperial City. :)

(Edit: Trials not Trails...good grief.)

/lute

*sings* "Happy trails to you...until we"... well...guess I'll have to just stop there >:)
    Edited by LrdRahvin on July 15, 2015 5:59PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new vet dungeons...

If your instance of IC is specific to the Cyrodiil campaign you are in (Which they have said it is as it will share the pop cap)..... then is there going to be a system in place which allows you to play with your friends in these dungeons?

Or will everybody be forced to join the same campaign & excluded from playing together if they aren't?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No, you are wrong.

Let's be clear, the developers are allowed to do anything they want. Players giving feed back to the developers wont force them to change the game.

The reason that I suggest a way to increase item levels is because it would prevent a situation in which players feel bad about their time investment in the game and because it would be a good way for players to feel good about their gear.

Absolutely agree! Just because we play the game doesn't make it ours or even mean that we have a say in what happens. We can give feedback all day long and they can ignore it. They might lose their player base and run the game into the ground, but it's their game to do it with (I don't think they're doing this; it was just an example).
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    I don't think locking PVE players out of an expansion Due to PVP is a sound business plan. Best to make it accessible to everyone or else more negative PR is coming your way.

It should be pretty clear maybe 1 hour or so after an ownership swap. Just don't go in immediately following a swap.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need Clarification - Does Xivkyn racial motif style come automatically? or need find book. Or you get automatically but need style item?

Also one DLC page says 'Xivkyn racial motif style' other says 'Xivkyn racial motif style and new CRAFTABLE item sets'

The alliance gear craftable or drop only? (please say craftable!)

So glad Glass racial motif style coming and what planned for 'New crafting skill line passives'? (OMG running out of skill points and ways to get more!)
    Edited by randolphbenoit on July 15, 2015 6:03PM
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Amdirial
    Amdirial
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly they talked about IC and Orsinium a year ago. A year later we are "maybe" seeing IC in August. Its something I have to buy. But people here say well just "wait" for Orsinium ..........nice joke thanks a bunch.

Things that are serious problems for players that don't pvp, and please don't hide behind the "PVP hasn't gotten anything" excuse, you may have not gotten new actual content but you have gotten VR14 gear sets as well as XP boosts, buffs and fixes over the last year where PVE gear sets are tied to pledges that don't even scale to VR14. You even have the PVP Lead that answers your questions where as PVE just gets the proverbial finger every time we ask for answers.

1. Forced PVP
    2. Gankers / Exploiters - They exist and nothing gets done about them.
    3. Campaign Ques - Honestly I can't get into a Campaign that doesn't have a pop lock on it sometimes. This is going to be a nightmare and the "we will watch campaigns" isn't going to work because we all know how "fast" ZOS fixes things. .... Or I should say "slowly"
    4. Gear Stones that other players can loot from your body if they kill you.
    5. No New Trial Content ---- "soon" "not this patch" "maybe"
    6. Gear sets gated behind not only a "buy the DLC" but also gated again by PVP

Apparently there will be PVE only content within Imperial City, again curious how that will work maybe that will be decent however worth 2500 crowns, I'm not so sure considering the following:

1. Gated behind PVP ...god I hope my faction doesn't suck as bad I do in PVP and maybe I can get into the content I paid for.
    2. Long Ques - God I hope I can get into IC so I can progress my character in any capacity.
    3. less then 1/4 of the content because I don't pvp, I don't want to lose the stones I just earned (if you can even earn them in the pve areas) by some jerk who wants to gank other players.

So pretty much the content is 2500 crowns and yet I'm not even going to want to play 1/4 of it because its forced pvp.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm gonna hope its not like this but after the wait, told to wait for Orsinium, the only thing I can count on from ZOS is being told to "wait", "soon", next patch, next content update" all with no actual information or dates.

Oh lets not forget the famous "ESO is about choices"

If you don't want to or don't like PVP you don't have to do it ..................I think after everything with IC this is pretty much self explanatory.

Myself personally I don't hate PVP I just don't enjoy PVP in ESO as much as I have in other games. Gankers and Exploiters tend to do that to a person. I do however enjoy the PVE side of the game, it doesn't mean I shouldn't play the game its me making a choice to play the content available to me that I enjoy. ZOS is however atm taking most of that "choice" from me and forcing me to PVP if I want to continue to progress my character in any capacity and enjoy the content I am forced to rely on PVP. I do not like that at all and I like any other player have a right to express that opinion on the forums as long as I abide by the Forum Rules.

As irritated and annoyed as I am with this decision over gating PVE content behind PVP content I can also not only agree to disagree with people that don't share this opinion I can also say with a lot of certainty that yes PVP did need something new and refreshing but at the same time so did PVE and giving cop out answers of "why bother playing" or "wait for Orsinium" is just that a cop out. The point here is they gated PVE content behind PVP and some players aren't happy with that decision.

• Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    So in other words people like me who don't pvp or ever go to cyrodiil really have no reason to buy this patch. I thought they said it was going to add pve content as well? I'm a plus member so I will get it for free, but what a waste.
  • prophexor
    prophexor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any updates for the lag problem? I tried playing some pvp yesterday and it will quick me out as soon as major battles took place. If DLC is mostly in the pvp zone...well its not looking good for me and I love pvp! but the lag hurts.

Maybe making smaller pvp maps would help? I would love to see small scale pvp maps. 10v10 such as capture the flag or control zones!

Anyways...what are we doing about lag?
    Edit: I play ps4
    Edited by prophexor on July 15, 2015 6:11PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"Their favorite IP"... thanks for illustrating my point. It's Bethesda/ZOS's IP, not yours.

As I just wrote. The developers can do whatever they want. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't listen to community feedback.

In fact, the developers actively look for game feedback so that they can make the game better. There is even a menu dedicated, in game, for players to give their feedback to the developers.

If you open up, let's say, your inventory, you will find a tab that contains different menus at the top of your ESO window. On that tab you can scroll over to a question mark icon, then to the headset wearing person icon, and then to either bug icon or pen and paper icon. The bug icon let's you fill out a form which communicates to developers that you have found a problem with the game that should be fixed. The pen and paper icon allows you to submit your game feedback to the developers with regards to a number of game systems; a few examples are quests, stability, game systems, or even other.

There is also what is known as the PTS, or public test server, that can be accessed by showing the 'PTS Environment' on your ESO launcher. The who purpose of the PTS is for players to test out changes made by the developers so that everyone, player and developer alike, can work together in order to make the game great.

So although this game isn't mine the developers do look for suggestions from players, such as myself, that help them make the game better for everyone.
    Don't tank

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    I know we already have the general pvp leaderboards. Will there be any new strictly Imperial City leaderboards?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The token system reminds me of WOW.

Let the grind begin.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No, you are wrong.

So instead of paying the game, you want everything spoon fed to you. There will always be a level cap increase at some point. There's always going to be a better version of something coming along in a game, that's how a game progresses and evolves. If they wanted to make it simple like you want they might as Stoll just open a cash shop and make it P2W so no one ever has to actually play the game.
    Edited by ManwithBeard9 on July 15, 2015 6:16PM
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you fix your game before trying to add more of it?

As the game devs have proven over the last year, I really don't think they're capable of fixing the game!

To me it seems like it's a grab as much cash as you can from the player base before the game heads down the garbage shoot scenario.

I feel they should've focused on fixing, polishing and balancing the game as much as possible, pre 1.6! Than release new content and a hell of a lot more bugs and balancing issues.