Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Why has no-one yet made a thread necromancy meme that actually uses Mannimarco?

397203.jpg

I will try to do something better when I have the time.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/98545/critical-strike-as-nightblade#latest
    That necromancer was quite skilled.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

Craglorn storyline quest is so damn annoying.................... seriously

Every damn quest leads you to group dungeon.

and when you want to find a group for that quest you pick up 3 other people and every single of them is in different part of storyline, and if you share quest (sometimes cant because guess what...... some quests need previous ones to be finished) they have to start from beginning, and those objectives tell you to run around whole map like idiot.

And by the time you help someone catch up with you someone from party has to go and all is lost.

Its so [snip] anoying

Ah, you finally got there lol
    Welcome to...whatever the heck Craglorn is supposed to be. Yeh, that was our "new content" for the year. Impressive is it not?

8_Spectacled_Marketer.jpg

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:12PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    [snip]

Craglorn storyline quest is so damn annoying.................... seriously

Every damn quest leads you to group dungeon.

and when you want to find a group for that quest you pick up 3 other people and every single of them is in different part of storyline, and if you share quest (sometimes cant because guess what...... some quests need previous ones to be finished) they have to start from beginning, and those objectives tell you to run around whole map like idiot.

And by the time you help someone catch up with you someone from party has to go and all is lost.

Its so [snip] anoying

Ah, you finally got there lol
    Welcome to...whatever the heck Craglorn is supposed to be. Yeh, that was our "new content" for the year. Impressive is it not?

8_Spectacled_Marketer.jpg

We also had 2 dungeons that were in the game before but were filed with other stuff. Awesome ...

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:13PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I came, I saw, I was burned to ashes. The Son of Molag Bal one-shotted me because of my Vampirism. But I got the achievement. The Daedric Red is mine.

Woot! Grats!

december-party_1775392i.jpg
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came, I saw, I was burned to ashes. The Son of Molag Bal one-shotted me because of my Vampirism. But I got the achievement. The Daedric Red is mine.
    Gratz! That's my favorite of the generals. The first time I actually saw him my reaction was something along the lines of "Holy [snip]! Look at the size of him! Now this is going to be a fight!" Frankly, I still kind of feel that way each time he pops up.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:14PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Why has no-one yet made a thread necromancy meme that actually uses Mannimarco?

397203.jpg

I will try to do something better when I have the time.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/98545/critical-strike-as-nightblade#latest
    That necromancer was quite skilled.

You know, there's been a number of threads where players were requesting to have necromancer as a class in ESO. I get why they don't. It is clearly a special class reserved exclusively for forums.
    Necropost.png

Funny thing is it's a no win situation. If you start a new thread, many people will go "there's been a million threads on this already learn to search"
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is a true comment.

However the reality is, if a thread dies quickly then it will be ignored. Unless there are enough posts and pushes to keep it alive and get the buy in or at least attention from Zos then it's one that can be "swept under the carpet".

To be honest, I'm impressed by you all keeping this one going so long :D

Oh and I found a picture of @MissBizz :)

225d0e921f7ba6dbef8105ded2ae91e9.jpg
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Which is a true comment.

However the reality is, if a thread dies quickly then it will be ignored. Unless there are enough posts and pushes to keep it alive and get the buy in or at least attention from Zos then it's one that can be "swept under the carpet".

I see some sweeping under the carpet has already been performed this morning with an certain Axe Wielding thread.

popcorn?

2014-08-05

Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its kind of terrifying and amusing at the same time to watch the topics pop up we PC testers discussed ad nausaeum.

Just saw the magelight thread. *snort*
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its kind of terrifying and amusing at the same time to watch the topics pop up we PC testers discussed ad nausaeum.

enjoy.gif
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol.gif
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    What was the most lazy thing you did in ESO?

Mine so far was teleporting to other player in Rawlkha while being just outside Rawlkha because i was too lazy to cross the river and climb up to city. Swimming in river is so slow and im sure some crocodile would attack me.

The other one is when doing enchanter writs i need to get certain rune from bank and instead of that i just make 5 of glyphs that use this rune and just decon them, usually gives me rune i need and dont have to go to bank.

I've used /stuck in Cyrodiil because I was too lazy to ride back somewhere.

giphy.gif

I always wasted my time trying to die! This is so much quicker! Thank you. Mind Blown.
    @missbizz , @Reverb , if you're done for the night, you're both doing it the hard way.

If you're in a safe spot (for the 10 seconds logout, at least) in Cyro, and you log out, after a fairly short period of time, it will automatically move you to the Cyro Wayshrine when you log back in.
    • No /stuck
    • No /gold
    • No /bloodport
    • No /problem!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw thanks @P3ZZL3, but I think you're missing the halo

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/184752/tonights-xbox-one-maintenance-length-of-downtime#latest

Ooh ooh, they're asking where to find the expected downtime - and asking for patch notes. Don't get your hopes up though.. no meme's or gifs..

giphy.gif

Oh, and this thread has been kind of like.. "General BS", which is refreshing :) Just general chit chat haha

@Merlin13KAGL I normally want to do stuff after Cyrodiil.. like decon, empty bag and stuff :( ..and can't you have log-in issues if the campaign is poplocked when you try to log back in?

Oh - and necromancy.. it is okay.. as long as they don't pull up a REALLY old thread that pretty much what the thread is complaining about has already been changed in game...
    Edited by MissBizz on June 23, 2015 1:26PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy is outlawed in tamriel
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good Day everyone.....

@Spectral_Lord, grats on doing the Generals, sorry I didn't end up joining you but I lost the PC to my son, who was celebrating finishing his college course.....

Roll On September!!

When he leaves home to go to University because from now until then there is going to be a daily battle over shared PC time.

Oooh I wonder if I'll suffer from empty nest syndrome?

ndqwi1.gif

Unlikely!! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL I normally want to do stuff after Cyrodiil.. like decon, empty bag and stuff :( ..and can't you have log-in issues if the campaign is poplocked when you try to log back in?
    @MissBizz , I believe in that scenario it will just move you to the pre-Cyrodiil location when you first ported in.

The exception to this can be an issue is inside a Delve. Since they are isolated (not "in Cyrodiil" - go figure), you cannot exit to Cyrodiil if the campaign is pop-locked. So the linger recommendation is for exterior Cyrodiil only.

Besides, you wouldn't want to take the chance of logging back into a delve with the way they're camped these days.

They should simply allow porting to wayshrines outside of Cyrodiil (effectively not much different than /stuck). I understand why they don't want you porting in.

My recommendation is only for if you intend to return directly to Cyrodiil or are literally done for the night.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 23, 2015 2:18PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    ndqwi1.gif
    It seems I'm one of the few who found those things (and the movie that spawned them) to be unfunny.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/184801/lets-discuss-the-difficulty-of-eso-and-how-we-can-make-it-better

@BigM you see that yet? I don't have enough time to get a post up there right now, but will later on in the day
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/184801/lets-discuss-the-difficulty-of-eso-and-how-we-can-make-it-better

@BigM you see that yet? I don't have enough time to get a post up there right now, but will later on in the day

I've been following this post and have to wonder one thing. How many of these same players, once they reach V3 are going to start whining about it being too difficult (because they didn't make their build right)?

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It brings us HOPE MissBizz much much hope. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

I've been following this post and have to wonder one thing. How many of these same players, once they reach V3 are going to start whining about it being too difficult (because they didn't make their build right)?

I haven't seen that in a long time though. Personally, I never was able to give the veteran ranks a go while they were difficult.. they had been nerfed by the time I got there. So even with a bad build I'm pretty sure it's still very very doable (well - the questing and Caldwell content). On the other hand.. if you're talking about actual veteran dungeons etc.. yeah I could see that happening.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

It brings us HOPE MissBizz much much hope. :smiley:

Am i doing ok in there?

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I haven't seen that in a long time though. Personally, I never was able to give the veteran ranks a go while they were difficult.. they had been nerfed by the time I got there. So even with a bad build I'm pretty sure it's still very very doable (well - the questing and Caldwell content). On the other hand.. if you're talking about actual veteran dungeons etc.. yeah I could see that happening.

oh yeh, it was. My Sorc went thru and got to V9 pre nerf and you had to Really stop and think about it before you pulled 5 mobs and most of the world bosses and dolmens couldn't be soloed (by your average player like me). Even mudcrabs were dangerous lol. Forget soloing a public dungeon. When you called out in zone for a WB or Dolmen people Came because they wanted to get it while someone else was there. People even put together nightly groups to do the Dolmen and WB zone clears.

PC/NA
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

oh yeh, it was. My Sorc went thru and got to V9 pre nerf and you had to Really stop and think about it before you pulled 5 mobs and most of the world bosses and dolmens couldn't be soloed (by your average player like me). Even mudcrabs were dangerous lol. Forget soloing a public dungeon. When you called out in zone for a WB or Dolmen people Came because they wanted to get it while someone else was there. People even put together nightly groups to do the Dolmen and WB zone clears.

I miss that. I made a good many friends during that time because we grouped up to get stuff done. Almost all of them are gone now, starting when they nerfed vet...
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was playing my Main, a Nightblade vampire in the original vet zones before they nerfed it. I made it to Vet 9 just before the nerf.

I remember it being really challenging, but also enjoyable at that time. You really had to watch what you were doing and learn how to play and work on your reaction times, and actually had to team up to do a WB or Dolmen. They definitely nerfed it too hard.

Also of note at that time, unless you were a person who would grind to gain levels, one zone would only raise you one level, so most players were never a higher level than the zone, which made a huge difference in difficulty. Now, however, it is really easy to be 3-5 Vet levels above a zone because of the XP changes and players don't seem to take that into consideration when they talk about the difficulty of a level.

Edited by Nebthet78 on June 23, 2015 3:36PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah I remember getting in good with a few players and doing Dolmen and WB runs for a zone to get them all done as quickly as possible. Those were good times.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw thanks @P3ZZL3, but I think you're missing the halo
    62578173.jpg
    We know you better than that @MissBizz
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I'm in a mood. These threads bringing up memories like finding out about travel to player and how the game was and could have been. Gets me thinking about the people I came here with from LOTRO. All gone now.

I miss my friends I could trust to be patient with an old broken, non l33t fart that can't remember all the dungeon mechanics.

Obracken-NostalgiaGoodTimesGoodTimes569.png

PC/NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm in a mood. These threads bringing up memories like finding out about travel to player and how the game was and could have been. Gets me thinking about the people I came here with from LOTRO. All gone now.

I miss my friends I could trust to be patient with an old broken, non l33t fart that can't remember all the dungeon mechanics.

Obracken-NostalgiaGoodTimesGoodTimes569.png

^^ so much this........

I have been playing again but my friends list contains very few people who are still playing.....

I too loved having friends who taught me to be better, unfotunately it's a big job, which is still largely unfinished!!

I just find it incredibly sad that after just a year, we are now voicing these feelings. :(

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was playing my Main, a Nightblade vampire in the original vet zones before they nerfed it. I made it to Vet 9 just before the nerf.

I remember it being really challenging, but also enjoyable at that time. You really had to watch what you were doing and learn how to play and work on your reaction times, and actually had to team up to do a WB or Dolmen. They definitely nerfed it too hard.

Also of note at that time, unless you were a person who would grind to gain levels, one zone would only raise you one level, so most players were never a higher level than the zone, which made a huge difference in difficulty. Now, however, it is really easy to be 3-5 Vet levels above a zone because of the XP changes and players don't seem to take that into consideration when they talk about the difficulty of a level.

I have the altoholic disease where I constantly make and remake chars. By the time I made it to VR they had already nerfed it pretty bad. I was easily able to run through VR5 (end cadwell silver) delves with no problem as a VR1. Of course that was shortly after Dwemer style came out and A'likir Desert was my silver end area, but I wanted to search the dwemer ruins.

Speaking of mer, I've always wondered why Orcs (Orsimer) are the only mer that typically don't use their technical name, or rather people don't refer to them by it. I suppose technically khajiit and argonian don't either but I believe the word used for them refers to beast people in general (Betmer). Since Betmer is pretty generic I can get it not being used for them commonly. However Orsimer is pretty specific. Likewise Dwemer don't get called Dwarves often.
    c640x360_32.jpg
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
This discussion has been closed.