Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• rcarp711_ESO
    rcarp711_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    redcomyn wrote: »
    If ESO can't survive without the console users, then the game deserves to die. And if it did, then maybe the pc game companies would stop catering to the console users.

My fear is that if console games dies, game dev companies will simply conclude that there is no money in game development. Too often I get the nagging feeling that they all just assume consoles are the only legitimate future for gaming.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mornin all

So this thread was dragged out of the vault this morning and man...what I wouldn't give to have a functioning UI back in this game. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/183978/i-went-on-an-archaeology-expedition-on-my-hard-drive-and-found-the-long-lost-oft-demanded-true-ui#latest

And some breakfast for you :)

IMG_3538.jpg

Oops, sorry, I ate it all
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the most lazy thing you did in ESO?

...The other one is when doing enchanter writs i need to get certain rune from bank and instead of that i just make 5 of glyphs that use this rune and just decon them, usually gives me rune i need and dont have to go to bank.

I totally do this. I laugh at myself because seriously, the bank is less than a minute away and I'm gonna make and decon as many glyphs as I need to get that darn Denima? Glad to know I'm not the only one.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Mornin all

So this thread was dragged out of the vault this morning and man...what I wouldn't give to have a functioning UI back in this game. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/183978/i-went-on-an-archaeology-expedition-on-my-hard-drive-and-found-the-long-lost-oft-demanded-true-ui#latest

IMG_3538.jpg

Attorneyatlawl was awesome he had been playing the game since alpha. matter of fact he is the one that started doing the VR dungeons solo and posting videos shortly after launch. Needless to see i dont even think he tanks the forums anymore lol. nor does he play like the majority of beta to launch players
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Opps, well, it actually wasn't an opening response aligned to male or female to be honest :)

Soooo Dudetttte... :)

<snip>

I use "guys" in the same fashion "Hey guys" is like saying "Hey everyone" to me.

Mine so far was teleporting to other player in Rawlkha while being just outside Rawlkha because i was too lazy to cross the river and climb up to city. Swimming in river is so slow and im sure some crocodile would attack me.

The other one is when doing enchanter writs i need to get certain rune from bank and instead of that i just make 5 of glyphs that use this rune and just decon them, usually gives me rune i need and dont have to go to bank.

Whenever Elden hollow is the pledge... (I pick up my pledges at Grahtwood).. I wait for someone to port there and travel to player... lol. I also wait until someone else teleports out of ANY dungeon (and gets back to grahtwood) so I can teleport to player and hand it in...
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Mornin all

IMG_3538.jpg

Do you remember when that fellow would make a fresh thread every single month asking for UI updates? Monthly Ui Thread? heh...

Well if someone drug it out.. I better go support.

Oh, and mornin' all!

71.png?w=408&h=291&crop=1

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine so far was teleporting to other player in Rawlkha while being just outside Rawlkha because i was too lazy to cross the river and climb up to city. Swimming in river is so slow and im sure some crocodile would attack me.

The other one is when doing enchanter writs i need to get certain rune from bank and instead of that i just make 5 of glyphs that use this rune and just decon them, usually gives me rune i need and dont have to go to bank.

I've used /stuck in Cyrodiil because I was too lazy to ride back somewhere.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

That's just standard practice isn't it? I've NEVER ridden back to a shrine, EVER in Cyro lol
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on June 22, 2015 1:41PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

I always wasted my time trying to die! This is so much quicker! Thank you. Mind Blown.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess for me, the laziest is probably doing Provisioner writs. EAsier just to goto one of my 4 trade guilds and buy 100 of the item i need than mess around :) lol

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laziest thing ive ever done is probably destroy a bunch of things in my inventory. Instead of selling them to the vendor standing right next to me. Because i was to lazy to close my inventory screen and use the vendor...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess for me, the laziest is probably doing Provisioner writs. EAsier just to goto one of my 4 trade guilds and buy 100 of the item i need than mess around :) lol

I do provisioning writs on 3 of my toons.. only one knows any amount of recipes.. lol

I make a BUNCH of each of the foods needed (there isn't a lot of selection with the max level writs - only like 6 different things) and put it in my bank.

Then - get add-on Cookery Wiz.

This add-on shows you what recipes you know blah blah.. now the really cool part..

You get the writ.. you go to the bank.. you click "My Bank" and BOOM! it pulls ONE of each item you need for your writ from the bank.

Hand in writ.

Profit.

PS - We have now surpassed the amount of pages in the Templar Broken Skills thread. Anyone know of a longer thread?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah, I just have my provisioner make 50 or so of the foods and drinks for the writs (my 5 that can do prov writs are all maxed but only one is the actual chef and has 486/487 recipes ingame) and everyone just pulls what they need that day out of the bank and goes. Same with Alchemy pots and the runes needed for enchants every day.

My mornings consist of logging in a character, go to writ board, make the enchant glyph, go to bank and pull what's needed for the other writs, head to Crag and turn in. Rinse and repeat.

I mostly stick to the consumables ones.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Laziest thing ive ever done is probably destroy a bunch of things in my inventory. Instead of selling them to the vendor standing right next to me. Because i was to lazy to close my inventory screen and use the vendor...

See, I find destroying things more... active. I sell 0g stuff to vendors all the time because it's easier to just hit 'E' and sell it to them than it is to right click and press destroy...
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Agreed :D

@MissBizz I think our next landmark in here would be taking down the AUA Thread in the Stickies :D
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on June 22, 2015 2:11PM

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gj3y8d.jpg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh-oh...

Another thread has risen from the graveyard..

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/68504/solo-play-too-difficult/p12

And IMO - it shouldn't have. As well.. I won't support it.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Uh-oh...

Another thread has risen from the graveyard..

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/68504/solo-play-too-difficult/p12

And IMO - it shouldn't have. As well.. I won't support it.

I hate that thread...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread necromancy is the new hype.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have a restoration staff and some skills (Vampire, in my case) on that bar I switch to before completing a quest.

That interesting player I was talking about? Well, I was running around the Alik'r Desert doing all the Dolmens and notifying people that one was up through chat. That's when I ran into a group of players at the Hollow Waste Dolmen. There was a VR 14 player who engaged me in a conversation after we destroyed the Anchor, asking me why I was doing all of them. When had explained I was hunting after this boss, she said to do it her method. From the appearance of her character I could kind of tell what she meant. Basically, going from Dolmen to Dolmen with no armor on, just underwear your character has. Strip Dolmens, she nicknamed it.

I literally had a blast doing that! After doing a few Dolmens, she was mostly with me at Hollow Waste, she wished me good luck with hunting down the Seductive Sisters--the last one I need.

Gave a good laugh and great time in ESO:TU. Too bad I forgot the player's name, I need to send friend requests sooner. :cry: Cool players like that are rare for me to find.

Edit: Just got the Seductive Sisters doing this. Off to Bangkorai.
    lol that's awesome @Spectral_Lord. On Saturday we had a guild event that was drunken fishing (we do drunken fishing on a semi-regular basis - everyone's on teamspeak and you hand out drinks depending on what you catch, and there are certain words that you can't say because then you have to drink), and it had a twist this time: we had to be wearing nothing but our guild tabards and have no weapons equipped.

We found we were having as much fun punching every mob we came across as we were drinking and fishing. We even did a dolmen with just punching! So now we have a new guild event planned: punch-drunk dolmens!
    Edited by UrQuan on June 22, 2015 4:33PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Dude, if you're that bored, get into Chillrend Campaign and go Mining :D

Not a dude. :)
    Dude is a state of mind... It's unrelated to gender.
    TheDude_WhiteRussian.jpg
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why has no-one yet made a thread necromancy meme that actually uses Mannimarco?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do provisioning writs on 3 of my toons.. only one knows any amount of recipes.. lol

I make a BUNCH of each of the foods needed (there isn't a lot of selection with the max level writs - only like 6 different things) and put it in my bank.

Then - get add-on Cookery Wiz.

This add-on shows you what recipes you know blah blah.. now the really cool part..

You get the writ.. you go to the bank.. you click "My Bank" and BOOM! it pulls ONE of each item you need for your writ from the bank.

Hand in writ.

Profit.

PS - We have now surpassed the amount of pages in the Templar Broken Skills thread. Anyone know of a longer thread?
    After you told me about that add-on yesterday I installed it, and I used it on my provisioning writs this morning. It's awesome! All this time I was manually taking the food/drink I needed out of my bank like a SUCKER! In theory this only saves 30 seconds or so, but in practice it saves a lot more than that, because when I was manually taking the items out I would always forget what I needed halfway through and have to go back to my journal, then go back to the banker...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Sounds like you have a new goal for the day @Enodoc.

@UrQuan Yeah that is an amazing add-on haha.

I'm at work.. sooo...

50190076.jpg
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

giphy.gif

I always wasted my time trying to die! This is so much quicker! Thank you. Mind Blown.

^ This is the same reaction I had.

Along with D'oh!

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    and it had a twist this time: we had to be wearing nothing but our guild tabards and have no weapons equipped.

The guild I was in in... ...*ahem*, WoW (Ok, Ok, I said it, I know, I'll go wash my hands now) used to do "Naked Deadmines" runs, and then when we found that too easy we moved on up the dungeon scale.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on June 22, 2015 5:24PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

So I started watching that show on Netflix because I found out that Felicia day had a recurring role in it. I didn't realize it would take 7 freaking seasons to get to her first appearance... grumble grumble grumble
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    and it had a twist this time: we had to be wearing nothing but our guild tabards and have no weapons equipped.

The guild I was in in... ...*ahem*, WoW (Ok, Ok, I said it, I know, I'll go wash my hands now) used to do "Naked Deadmines" runs, and then when we found that too easy we moved on up the dungeon scale.

All The Best

I've seen other groups do dungeons where they start naked (and I'm pretty sure weaponless) and are only allowed to use what they loot..

I may be wrong but I think they were doing a vet dungeon.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Craglorn storyline quest is so damn annoying.................... seriously

Every damn quest leads you to group dungeon.

and when you want to find a group for that quest you pick up 3 other people and every single of them is in different part of storyline, and if you share quest (sometimes cant because guess what...... some quests need previous ones to be finished) they have to start from beginning, and those objectives tell you to run around whole map like idiot.

And by the time you help someone catch up with you someone from party has to go and all is lost.

Its so [snip] anoying
    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:10PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

and when you want to find a group for that quest you pick up 3 other people and every single of them is in different part of storyline, and if you share quest (sometimes cant because guess what...... some quests need previous ones to be finished) they have to start from beginning, and those objectives tell you to run around whole map like idiot.

And by the time you help someone catch up with you someone from party has to go and all is lost.

Its so [snip] anoying

Wow really?
    tumblr_mili3dN3c41qzx70zo1_1280.jpg?.jpg

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:11PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

Its so [snip] anoying

OMG I completely agree. I find it very frustrating myself, and while I find the grouping somewhat enjoyable in Craglorn, the total lack of being able to do things in any order and finding a group to do any quests for any length of time with is utterly spoiling what little enjoyment I get.

Enodoc wrote: »

It's Monday and I just woke up an hour ago. What would you like it to say, my brain has not fully booted up and I have nothing funny or witty to say.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 8, 2024 6:12PM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
This discussion has been closed.