Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/184801/lets-discuss-the-difficulty-of-eso-and-how-we-can-make-it-better

@BigM you see that yet? I don't have enough time to get a post up there right now, but will later on in the day

I've been following this post and have to wonder one thing. How many of these same players, once they reach V3 are going to start whining about it being too difficult (because they didn't make their build right)?

I haven't seen that in a long time though. Personally, I never was able to give the veteran ranks a go while they were difficult.. they had been nerfed by the time I got there. So even with a bad build I'm pretty sure it's still very very doable (well - the questing and Caldwell content). On the other hand.. if you're talking about actual veteran dungeons etc.. yeah I could see that happening.

I was playing my Main, a Nightblade vampire in the original vet zones before they nerfed it. I made it to Vet 9 just before the nerf.

I remember it being really challenging, but also enjoyable at that time. You really had to watch what you were doing and learn how to play and work on your reaction times, and actually had to team up to do a WB or Dolmen. They definitely nerfed it too hard.

Also of note at that time, unless you were a person who would grind to gain levels, one zone would only raise you one level, so most players were never a higher level than the zone, which made a huge difference in difficulty. Now, however, it is really easy to be 3-5 Vet levels above a zone because of the XP changes and players don't seem to take that into consideration when they talk about the difficulty of a level.

I have the altoholic disease where I constantly make and remake chars. By the time I made it to VR they had already nerfed it pretty bad. I was easily able to run through VR5 (end cadwell silver) delves with no problem as a VR1. Of course that was shortly after Dwemer style came out and A'likir Desert was my silver end area, but I wanted to search the dwemer ruins.

Speaking of mer, I've always wondered why Orcs (Orsimer) are the only mer that typically don't use their technical name, or rather people don't refer to them by it. I suppose technically khajiit and argonian don't either but I believe the word used for them refers to beast people in general (Betmer). Since Betmer is pretty generic I can get it not being used for them commonly. However Orsimer is pretty specific. Likewise Dwemer don't get called Dwarves often.
    c640x360_32.jpg

I think it has to do with the whole 'spurned and crused race' thing.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The best in zone PVE really happened if you had reached Vr zone 2-4 weeks after launch and before they launched Craglorn.
    If you reached VR fast there were:
    -not much spam.
    -a lot less bots
    -spontaneous groups forming that just stayed on and cleared all Dolmen's, WB ,Delves,
    -the difficulty made sense.Not to easy but not hard either.
    -low population but active population. You could get in a delve and be alone for a while and you could do most questing in peace.

Craglorn came:
    -Mobs buffed by mistake to a power level higher than Craglorn.
    -Most WB were solvable but some quest were a pain .
    -Hot fix didn't actually fix many of the mob difficulty spikes.
    -most zone grouping ended / stopped being required or even fun.Get away form my damn WB !!!!
    -many people just left for Craglorn to grind and try soloing stuff. I personally did that. For a while some quests in V9-10 zones were harder than doing Hircine's solo.

A few months after ZOS stealth nerfed all ZONE pve to the ground. Nobody cared anymore though.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/184801/lets-discuss-the-difficulty-of-eso-and-how-we-can-make-it-better

@BigM you see that yet? I don't have enough time to get a post up there right now, but will later on in the day

I've been following this post and have to wonder one thing. How many of these same players, once they reach V3 are going to start whining about it being too difficult (because they didn't make their build right)?

I haven't seen that in a long time though. Personally, I never was able to give the veteran ranks a go while they were difficult.. they had been nerfed by the time I got there. So even with a bad build I'm pretty sure it's still very very doable (well - the questing and Caldwell content). On the other hand.. if you're talking about actual veteran dungeons etc.. yeah I could see that happening.

I was playing my Main, a Nightblade vampire in the original vet zones before they nerfed it. I made it to Vet 9 just before the nerf.

I remember it being really challenging, but also enjoyable at that time. You really had to watch what you were doing and learn how to play and work on your reaction times, and actually had to team up to do a WB or Dolmen. They definitely nerfed it too hard.

Also of note at that time, unless you were a person who would grind to gain levels, one zone would only raise you one level, so most players were never a higher level than the zone, which made a huge difference in difficulty. Now, however, it is really easy to be 3-5 Vet levels above a zone because of the XP changes and players don't seem to take that into consideration when they talk about the difficulty of a level.

I have the altoholic disease where I constantly make and remake chars. By the time I made it to VR they had already nerfed it pretty bad. I was easily able to run through VR5 (end cadwell silver) delves with no problem as a VR1. Of course that was shortly after Dwemer style came out and A'likir Desert was my silver end area, but I wanted to search the dwemer ruins.

Speaking of mer, I've always wondered why Orcs (Orsimer) are the only mer that typically don't use their technical name, or rather people don't refer to them by it. I suppose technically khajiit and argonian don't either but I believe the word used for them refers to beast people in general (Betmer). Since Betmer is pretty generic I can get it not being used for them commonly. However Orsimer is pretty specific. Likewise Dwemer don't get called Dwarves often.
    c640x360_32.jpg

I don't know. Maybe because Orc rymes with Pork and in lore they are referred to as Pig Children.??
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the congratulations!

I just realized (yes, really) that all my characters are on a different Alliance. I wonder if that's a mistake and if I should re-roll them all to the same one.

Do you pvp?
    That's really the only place it will matter once they take out the Travel to player in Cyro and your characters are locked into campaigns.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I FINALLY just realized something...

Will the next major update still be referred to as "Update 7"?

Because.. first.. we changed to 2.0.. and then console came and they just got patch like 1.0.05 or something..

There's no 6... so..

hmm...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Thanks for all the congratulations!

I just realized (yes, really) that all my characters are on a different Alliance. I wonder if that's a mistake and if I should re-roll them all to the same one.

Do you pvp?
    That's really the only place it will matter once they take out the Travel to player in Cyro and your characters are locked into campaigns.
    I'll be honest. I only enter Cyrodiil to gather as many skyshards and lorebooks as I can, and complete solo dungeons before I run into enemy players that will kill me.

Hah. Sounds familiar o:) I wouldn't worry about it.. I actually like having toons in all 3 factions - it expands the amount of different people I can play with :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh... did nearly two hundred dolmens, and still no appearance of the Ever-Open Eye in Rivenspire. This is getting frustrating, now.
    PBpsy wrote: »
    The best in zone PVE really happened if you had reached Vr zone 2-4 weeks after launch and before they launched Craglorn.
    If you reached VR fast there were:
    -not much spam.
    -a lot less bots
    -spontaneous groups forming that just stayed on and cleared all Dolmen's, WB ,Delves,
    -the difficulty made sense.Not to easy but not hard either.
    -low population but active population. You could get in a delve and be alone for a while and you could do most questing in peace.

Craglorn came:
    -Mobs buffed by mistake to a power level higher than Craglorn.
    -Most WB were solvable but some quest were a pain .
    -Hot fix didn't actually fix many of the mob difficulty spikes.
    -most zone grouping ended / stopped being required or even fun.Get away form my damn WB !!!!
    -many people just left for Craglorn to grind and try soloing stuff. I personally did that. For a while some quests in V9-10 zones were harder than doing Hircine's solo.

A few months after ZOS stealth nerfed all ZONE pve to the ground. Nobody cared anymore though.
    agreed and then they nerfed it all again I remember shadas tear for eg being quite good fun initially. now its faceroll stuff
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. Is this the sanity sanctuary on the forums? Holy crap.............to think people were worried about the impact of B2P on the community......... Console release has pretty much turned these forums into a no-go area. :s
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    Hello. Is this the sanity sanctuary on the forums? Holy crap.............to think people were worried about the impact of B2P on the community......... Console release has pretty much turned these forums into a no-go area. :s

Welcome! Grab some popcorn, pet a puppy.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-03-at-11.01.46-PM.png

Wait out the storm....
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Immershun.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Muizer Welcome to the thread. Here you will find bouts of frustration, some funny gifs and meme's, some general tips as well as some questions. oh, and of course some wonderful reminiscing and pokes are each other.

My favorite topic here so far was "what's the laziest thing you've done in ESO" lol.

As well, the forums are pretty safe to go out too, I just think it brought on a lot of new faces. Some have brought up new (and old) ideas, new and old compliments and frustrations. :)

We'll all get along in the end. ;)

giphy.gif
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

Welcome! Grab some popcorn, pet a puppy.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-03-at-11.01.46-PM.png

Wait out the storm....

Seriously.. that puppy is adorable! (and the mix of popcorn and puppies makes it quite fitting for the thread lol)
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose so.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because.. first.. we changed to 2.0.. and then console came and they just got patch like 1.0.05 or something..

There's no 6... so..

hmm...
    I think the numbering of the major updates goes:
    NT
    XP
    Vista
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

There's no 6... so..

hmm...
    NT
    XP
    Vista

My first computer had windows 3.1 I'm pretty sure. lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no 6... so..

hmm...
    NT
    XP
    Vista

My first computer had... Well as I recall it didn't really have an operating system. Or would you consider the Commodore 64's KERNAL to be an OS? I mean it's more like a BIOS, isn't it?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no 6... so..

hmm...
    NT
    XP
    Vista

My first computer had... Well as I recall it didn't really have an operating system. Or would you consider the Commodore 64's KERNAL to be an OS? I mean it's more like a BIOS, isn't it?

Funny enough though.. most of the games we had for it didn't actually work through Windows.. has to use command prompts to get to them.. lmao
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could use Norton Commander like a boss.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Rears head slowly*

Is it safe?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today I realised I actually hadn't completed the Generals on any of my characters......

So that's what I've been doing all day. :)

A couple of hours ago my husband of 26 years looked over my shoulder a burst out laughing.....

What was so funny?

This.........

2j0nub4.jpg

Apparently it resembles my sleeping form!!!

I am thinking on suitable payback. :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo, thanks to the console players all going nuts over people making it hard to become a vampire or werewolf, we now have a thread asking for vampirism and lycanthropy to be in the crown store. :|

Thoughts?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooo, thanks to the console players all going nuts over people making it hard to become a vampire or werewolf, we now have a thread asking for vampirism and lycanthropy to be in the crown store. :|

Thoughts?

*my brain implodes*
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

untitle.JPG

57623934.jpg

Okay okay. I will add something constructive.

They will get their time, but to be honest. Had PC players had a crown store back at launch... They probably would have asked too. I just don't like the idea. It sucks people are mean and killing spawns etc.. But.. Time will change that. They will get bored, and more people will have bites to give out
    Edited by MissBizz on June 23, 2015 10:39PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

No thoughts.... brain damaged beyond repair now :/

Funny-memes-cause-brain-damage-540x720.jpg
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    57623934.jpg
    I'm at the point where I've just gotten so sick of telling the console players to relax and wait, because bites will become easy to get...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thoughts?

untitle.JPG

57623934.jpg

Okay okay. I will add something constructive.

They will get their time, but to be honest. Had PC players had a crown store back at launch... They probably would have asked too. I just don't like the idea. It sucks people are mean and killing spawns etc.. But.. Time will change that. They will get bored, and more people will have bites to give out
    crushing-disappointment.jpg

Constructive he says ...
    GET OUT!!! GET THE SNIP OUT!!!

And don't come around this thread until you revise your attitude and apologize and bring plenty of popcorn.

Edited by PBpsy on June 23, 2015 10:58PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    Hi PC players!
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeh, it's been said enough. I'm just ignoring those threads now and focusing on ones I can either help with or provide some history (or maybe take a potshot or two lol)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    Hi PC players!
    Intruder ALERT!!! Intruder ALERT!!!
    redalert.gif
    All hands Battle Stations.

Edited by PBpsy on June 23, 2015 11:03PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pssst. I'm a she. Sorry :( I shall try to keep my constructive posts for elsewhere.

I brought popcorn but I think somebody's cat got in it

giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.