Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh... did nearly two hundred dolmens, and still no appearance of the Ever-Open Eye in Rivenspire. This is getting frustrating, now.

fwiw, the ever-open eye also appears in shadowfen and greenshade.

keep at it; you'll get him.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently heard that if you kill all enemies in dolmen up to the point they stop spawning and then destroy 4 pinions one after another there is a higher chance for a boss.

Is it true? Or its made up story, a placebo effect, something to give people hope?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently heard that if you kill all enemies in dolmen up to the point they stop spawning and then destroy 4 pinions one after another there is a higher chance for a boss.

Is it true? Or its made up story, a placebo effect, something to give people hope?
    I doubt that's true, it's just people trying to derive patters from randomness.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of complaints about Champion Points from people who want 400 plus champion points, but don't want to put any effort in to get them.

When did this happen?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Ugh... did nearly two hundred dolmens, and still no appearance of the Ever-Open Eye in Rivenspire. This is getting frustrating, now.

fwiw, the ever-open eye also appears in shadowfen and greenshade.

keep at it; you'll get him.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I've heard from several people in-game that the Ever-Open Eye mostly appears at the Boralis Dolmen in Rivenspire. Going to give that one a few tries, then hop over to Greenshade and Shadowfen.
    If you're hunting for a specific general you're much better off doing it in your home alliance's zones, because pre-vet levels there's a specific zone (but not a specific dolmen - any general for the zone has an equal chance at spawning at any dolmen, so your best bet is to rotate from dolmen to dolmen in the hopes that you'll get to do the dolmens in sequence and minimize the time while you wait for dolmens to spawn) in which each general spawns. In your Cadwell's Silver and Gold zones (and Cyrodiil) any general can spawn at any dolmen. So anywhere other than your home alliance's zones you have the same chance of encountering a general, but if you're looking for one specific general you have a much lower chance of encountering that particular one than if you were in the appropriate zone of your home alliance.

The devs have said it's a myth. I've got the achievement for killing all of the generals, and I personally never noticed a difference in the likelihood of a general when pinions were closed early (which happened almost every time there were other people at the dolmen as well as me) compared to waiting until all enemies were dead (which happened every time I was the only one doing the dolmen, only because I was too busy fighting everyone to grab a pinion any earlier).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeh it's amazing how superstitions get started, become misinformation then "fact"
    I have one Guild that Insists it's true. Have that achievement as well and never saw a difference in it.

I tease them by saying that if you dance Redguard 3 times around the chest, you'll get better loot, too.

not enough pics in here...

superstitions1.png

superstition-300x210.jpg
    Edited by Xendyn on June 21, 2015 4:10PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did some quests from the Main Quest, as far as I could, that is. After that I decided, to humor the idea, went back to the Boralis Dolmen in Rivenspire... and I see a dead Ever-Open Eye lying there. I rush in, kill a random Scamp, poof! Achievement unlocked.

Grats!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I doubt that's true, it's just people trying to derive patters from randomness.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat thinking that it's a placebo boat.
    I'm considering starting over on my main character... but I'm not sure. I hate being in conflict over silly things like this.

Go for it then. As long as you don't delete your main, it'll always be there ;)
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I see a lot of complaints about Champion Points from people who want 400 plus champion points, but don't want to put any effort in to get them.

When did this happen?

Since champion points happened.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    If you're hunting for a specific general you're much better off doing it in your home alliance's zones, because pre-vet levels there's a specific zone (but not a specific dolmen - any general for the zone has an equal chance at spawning at any dolmen, so your best bet is to rotate from dolmen to dolmen in the hopes that you'll get to do the dolmens in sequence and minimize the time while you wait for dolmens to spawn) in which each general spawns. In your Cadwell's Silver and Gold zones (and Cyrodiil) any general can spawn at any dolmen. So anywhere other than your home alliance's zones you have the same chance of encountering a general, but if you're looking for one specific general you have a much lower chance of encountering that particular one than if you were in the appropriate zone of your home alliance.
    It's unfortunate, that. It ruins the enjoyment of a low-level player at a dolmen if a Vet comes in and facerolls it just looking for the general because of its spawn chance. They should make spawn chance in the Vet zones the same as in the pre-Vet zones, apart from the first zones. Since Zone 1 has no generals, Vet Zones 1 and 6 could stay with the chance of any general. This would mean that if it spawns in your pre-Vet Rivenspire, it should spawn in your Vet Greenshade or Shadowfen with the same chance, or in your Vet Auridon or Stonefalls (or Cyrodiil) with a lower chance.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're hunting for a specific general you're much better off doing it in your home alliance's zones, because pre-vet levels there's a specific zone (but not a specific dolmen - any general for the zone has an equal chance at spawning at any dolmen, so your best bet is to rotate from dolmen to dolmen in the hopes that you'll get to do the dolmens in sequence and minimize the time while you wait for dolmens to spawn) in which each general spawns. In your Cadwell's Silver and Gold zones (and Cyrodiil) any general can spawn at any dolmen. So anywhere other than your home alliance's zones you have the same chance of encountering a general, but if you're looking for one specific general you have a much lower chance of encountering that particular one than if you were in the appropriate zone of your home alliance..
    I just did some quests from the Main Quest, as far as I could, that is. After that I decided, to humor the idea, went back to the Boralis Dolmen in Rivenspire... and I see a dead Ever-Open Eye lying there. I rush in, kill a random Scamp, poof! Achievement unlocked.
    Really? You got the achievement just for killing one of the mobs even though you were too late to actually fight the general? Ha ha, that's awesome!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's unfortunate, that. It ruins the enjoyment of a low-level player at a dolmen if a Vet comes in and facerolls it just looking for the general because of its spawn chance. They should make spawn chance in the Vet zones the same as in the pre-Vet zones, apart from the first zones. Since Zone 1 has no generals, Vet Zones 1 and 6 could stay with the chance of any general. This would mean that if it spawns in your pre-Vet Rivenspire, it should spawn in your Vet Greenshade or Shadowfen with the same chance, or in your Vet Auridon or Stonefalls (or Cyrodiil) with a lower chance.

Agree with that. It probably took me longer to get that cheeve as I did it all in Vet zones so as not to interfere with the lowbies.

PC/NA
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're hunting for a specific general you're much better off doing it in your home alliance's zones, because pre-vet levels there's a specific zone (but not a specific dolmen - any general for the zone has an equal chance at spawning at any dolmen, so your best bet is to rotate from dolmen to dolmen in the hopes that you'll get to do the dolmens in sequence and minimize the time while you wait for dolmens to spawn) in which each general spawns. In your Cadwell's Silver and Gold zones (and Cyrodiil) any general can spawn at any dolmen. So anywhere other than your home alliance's zones you have the same chance of encountering a general, but if you're looking for one specific general you have a much lower chance of encountering that particular one than if you were in the appropriate zone of your home alliance..

Hah I've done this so many times. My wife will tell me a dolmen is dropping and by the time I free myself up and get there, if there's a bunch of people I only get a chance to shoot an enemy to get credit. I've almost perfected diving off a horse and firing. There's been a few where I ran straight for it and dove over a short drop and unmounted in the air so I could fire as soon as I hit the ground.
    d60720560e8098ff30aa25af8f66a6cd.jpg
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

Agree with that. It probably took me longer to get that cheeve as I did it all in Vet zones so as not to interfere with the lowbies.
    I did it in the pre-vet zones, but if players were around of the appropriate levels I hung back and just healed or buffed them instead of stomping everything.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did it in the pre-vet zones, but if players were around of the appropriate levels I hung back and just healed or buffed them instead of stomping everything.

That makes you quite the Gandalf, eeh?
    Gandalf_the_White_returns.png
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »

That makes you quite the Gandalf, eeh?
    Gandalf_the_White_returns.png
    Heh, I wouldn't presume to such levels of awesome :)

That's actually a rather handy way to level restoration. That's good. Well, good for me. I needed to get that up.
    Well, it would be if I was actually getting any XP for those dolmens, but I wasn't. I was only in it to get the generals achievement and the dye that goes with it. I had to level my resto staff the old-fashioned way: by putting it on a bar that I swapped to while handing in quests :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.

No patch this week.
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    Sad. :'(
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's no doubt because they are actually about to release a massive patch and are busy running it through the QA Division before they release it on PC to make sure it works and is fluid.

Whilst they do this, John, the Cleaner from the floor downstaires, is busy working in his free time on the NA/EU Console patches that are still going ahead :)

Morning all :)

giphy.gif
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Monday Everyone......

20a30vs.jpg

Unfortunately my day has been more like this......

52kk1w.jpg

I am about to go to war with my ISP, apparently abysmal speeds are completely ok, when coupled with the sentence........

''We are working to upgrade the services in your area, unfortunately the issues you are having could go on until October''

Last night my supposed up to152Mb broadband was consistently hovering at around 10Mb......

I have to question what they were working on at 9pm on a Sunday night!?!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just called my ISP to renew my internet contract. Im supposed to have 1Mb megabyte/s right now from what i can use only 80% of it and im pretty sure even if im changing to 2Mb now my speed will remain same and ISP will blame it on technical state of my line.

And the only alternative is other ISP that would still use same line but charging more and offering 'bigger in theory' speeds.

Other alternatives are LTE, wireless and radio internet with low speeds and horrendous download limits.

My last war with ISP was about line parameters. For 2 years my internet was running good (its ADSL), connection parameters were ok. I had a router on 10 meter cable to my room. And one day suddenly line parameters dropped down and of course ISP didnt want to do anything because they blamed my cable that was working fine for all that time. ISP logic, there is 1 kilometer of cable from the central to my house but the problem is last 10 meters of my extension cable.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on June 22, 2015 11:40AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    It's no doubt because they are actually about to release a massive patch and are busy running it through the QA Division before they release it on PC to make sure it works and is fluid.

Whilst they do this, John, the Cleaner from the floor downstaires, is busy working in his free time on the NA/EU Console patches that are still going ahead :)

Morning all :)
    ]

Sure. I just peed a little laughing so hard at this huge mega fix it all patch we have been told about.
    Last week proved they can't get one thing added to the game without breaking it for hours, so the pure notion they are going to fix everything at once and everything will be *** peaches and rainbows leaves me speechless.

Besides, does anybody believe a damn thing they say anymore. A ZOS official could tell me the sky is blue and I'd double check just to make sure.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on June 22, 2015 12:08PM
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone up for some Dolmen destruction in Bangkorai?

What alliance and server? If NA and AD im up for some caldwell silver/gold dolmen hunting.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone up for some Dolmen destruction in Bangkorai?

What alliance and server? If NA and AD im up for some caldwell silver/gold dolmen hunting.
    Forgot to add that. My bad. I'm on EU and DC.

I'm EU and DC AND very bored atm......

What's your ingame name?

I'll log in and see if my internet will let me play....

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, if you're that bored, get into Chillrend Campaign and go Mining :D

Oh, and @NadiusMaximus ..... are you SURE it's blue? :hushed:

Edited by P3ZZL3 on June 22, 2015 12:15PM

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, if you're that bored, get into Chillrend Campaign and go Mining :D

Not a dude. :)

Chillrend is my assigned Campaign.....

What do you mean by mining?

I am not a PVP fan unless with people who know how useless I am!! :)

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opps, well, it actually wasn't an opening response aligned to male or female to be honest :)

Soooo Dudetttte... :)

Mining is basically jumping into the mines around Cyrodiil and grabbing the chests, do 3-4 rotations and get some martial gear then head off to another one. Maybe chuck in a Dolman in between :)

Last night, me and a DC Colleague we were deep in the depths of EP picking up the remaining Skyshards we needed (I've already completed on first alt, now getting them all in second :))

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the most lazy thing you did in ESO?

Mine so far was teleporting to other player in Rawlkha while being just outside Rawlkha because i was too lazy to cross the river and climb up to city. Swimming in river is so slow and im sure some crocodile would attack me.

The other one is when doing enchanter writs i need to get certain rune from bank and instead of that i just make 5 of glyphs that use this rune and just decon them, usually gives me rune i need and dont have to go to bank.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Opps, well, it actually wasn't an opening response aligned to male or female to be honest :)

Soooo Dudetttte... :)

Mining is basically jumping into the mines around Cyrodiil and grabbing the chests, do 3-4 rotations and get some martial gear then head off to another one. Maybe chuck in a Dolman in between :)

Last night, me and a DC Colleague we were deep in the depths of EP picking up the remaining Skyshards we needed (I've already completed on first alt, now getting them all in second :))

Thanks for the explanation. :)

I'm afraid I'm really not a fan of Cyrodiil though, I find the distances needed to travel anywhere very annoying, especially as I often get killed......

However I do enjoy a bit of Dolmen bashing, infact last few times I've actually logged in, all I did was hop around the Rift(VR10) doing the Dolmens and WB.......

I have a few generals missing on some of my VR's......

I find solo-ing them good fun and great for swapping around skills to see what I might have missed. :)

• Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    x) so lazy.

I expect every time someone comes into dungeon for teleport on him..
This discussion has been closed.