Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    is the 1 and only bwb zerg guild organized night capping?

Nah, if we were going to stay up all night to cap an emp (which we won't do), we would make it a useful one xD
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol 20 ebonfarts to nightcap emp v 5 dc 4.20am bst, trueflame and ebonyblade same story except trueflame is spamanas. is the 1 and only bwb zerg guild organized night capping?

Yup, you found us out.
    Remember that school trip back in 1999? Toothpaste under your door handle? That was us as well...
  • ness1
    ness1
    ✭✭
    I think there has been some fairly unbalanced thinking surrounding these issues since years now.. all factions zerg and nightcap emp and it's nothing new, but wait.. see those 5 EP riding to the same location? IT'S OBVIOUSLY AN EFFIN ZERG!
    Then watch a blue blob trying to hump Arrius while only 3 of us defend and no, no, no...they're just organised players at 5am and definitely not a zerg, how dare you? It's always hilarious. Kinda.

Exhibit 1b Location: Chalman gate (it's blue, so.. not a zerg)
    51EELT5bNbL.jpg
    eroaria, oranessuno (since 2014)

I have a weird sense of humour, the layers keep on stacking I oftn lose count ...but in truth I love all animals (humans too sometimes) and abhor any form of violence.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    ness1 wrote: »
    51EELT5bNbL.jpg

Photo clearly photoshopped as most of DC's attempts to take Chal fail pretty bad.

S
    Edited by Scamh on September 13, 2016 5:55PM
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Scamh wrote: »
    ness1 wrote: »
    51EELT5bNbL.jpg

Photo clearly photoshopped as most of DC's attempts to take Chal fail pretty bad.

S

#Savage!
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    was just pissed to be get zerged at 4am on all campaigns, had to say 'ebonfarts' tho ^^
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    Eh guys. NA BWB veteran here (2 years) Was wondering how the BWB community looks like in EU?? Which faction are the zergs and which are the low pop? I`m installing EU to check out on new BWB challengers and was wondering how it looks like over there.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Vrathak wrote: »
    Eh guys. NA BWB veteran here (2 years) Was wondering how the BWB community looks like in EU?? Which faction are the zergs and which are the low pop? I`m installing EU to check out on new BWB challengers and was wondering how it looks like over there.

Perspective from an EP player : During a normal evening AD is at 2 bars EP 2 bars and DC 3 bars. During morning and day DC usually have the most people although AD have some hours in the afternoon where they often (not every day) seems dominant. The faction with the most people during night, nightcaps often DC but sometimes AD. Prolly seen EP done it twice the last month.
    Zergs : The faction that can zerg WILL zerg but atm the DC has the highest zerg abilities. ex : last night our 18 man group was constantly hit by 30-50 sometimes higher DC at blk-chal, meanwhile BRK was being constantly hit by AD and defended by randoms. That was going on for straight 2-3 hours (prolly longer but I logged at 10 pm gmt+1). EP and AD will zerg when they can.
    Factions : AD : The ragequiter faction. you can wipe them many times at bridge or at a keep and they will keep coming back but push them back to their last keeps and it often will take forever for them to take it back as I guess many of them just quits. Its also the faction that will most often backstab one of the 2 other factions when they are engaged (nothing bad here to say its a valid strategy guys!!!)
    DC : The dominant faction. Think they have won all campaigns (or close) the last 4-5 months. It used to be the "Leet" faction, small but very good fighters who always had a good strategy and even when they were the underdog, they certainly were a force to be reckoned with. Now its a mixed bunch of new ppl, zergers, bandon wagoners but ofc still some of the old crew.
    EP : The old empire now more or less in ruins :p . alot of people has left and we gained alot of new people. EPs biggest challenge atm is lack of PUG leadership and lots of smallscale guys. While smallscale is alot of fun (I enjoy it alot) it rarely does change the color of the map, not without a big group support atleast. I also see a tendency of ragequiting but also people who keep trying.

Its VERY important for me to say : Once again its the perspective from an EP player. Other factions might view it entirely differently. ALL 3 factions have GOOD players!!!. BWB EU is a fun and vibrant place dont let our rarely touched thread here fool you. If you decide to join then please please try not to nightcap ;) Even though I know its very much part of the game.
    Edited by Dral_Shady on September 29, 2016 6:10AM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly agreed @Dral_Shady
    However, not with that :
    Dral_Shady wrote: »
    Factions : AD : The ragequiter faction. you can wipe them many times at bridge or at a keep and they will keep coming back but push them back to their last keeps and it often will take forever for them to take it back as I guess many of them just quits. Its also the faction that will most often backstab one of the 2 other factions when they are engaged (nothing bad here to say its a valid strategy guys!!!)

Not only AD, but all factions losing.
    Its VERY important for me to say : Once again its the perspective from an EP player. Other factions might view it entirely differently. ALL 3 factions have GOOD players!!!. BWB EU is a fun and vibrant place dont let our rarely touched thread here fool you. If you decide to join then please please try not to nightcap ;) Even though I know its very much part of the game.

The problem of nightcap/morning is, some players can only play during night/morning. Maybe theses guys should play on US server, but maybe they will have high ping...
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm well aware that every faction accuses the others of "zerging" and forming "green/purple/orange alliances" but look at last night's map:
    eeucD39.jpg
    AD close to getting emp, AD taking res in DC's backyard to improve their scoring yet still DC (noobs and pros alike) have nothing better to do than farm EP at Chal mine.

Earlier that day, AD went for Drake + BRK while DC was still holding Roe + Brindle.

Still lacking an explanation here. Some age-old EP-grudge (EP hasn't dominated this campaign ever since TG patch) ? Noobs just going where the action is, unaware of the concept of "home keeps"? Both?

• Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    haha you guys on NA BwB got uor thread closed for 900th time and are now forced to homelessly wander other forums? :)

In general I agree on previous posts - tough again from EP perspective.
    I like to think EP has most organised vet play within BwB, but you will find solid players on any alliance if your looking for company.
    Most veteran players on all 3 sides are generally friendly, anti-zerg, anti-nightcap

Statistic on most evenings:
    EP: smallscale or 12-16man ts + some random groups doing nothing
    DC: 30< zerg + couple smallscale groups
    AD: 24< zerg + solo/duo players

Alliance Power
    Last year/Spring: dominating EP,
    Spring/Summer: dominating DC,
    Autumn: DC, AD is gaining momentum.

Current numbers of randoms mostly determine the scoring & nighcapping. It just so happens EP is a bit lower atm resoulting in fewer nighcaps and fewer campaigns won.

In the end its still the most balanced campaign Ive seen in this game and regardless of numbers and scoring you will get fun fights no matter where you go.

PS: since you are from NA server Im guessing you are not that intrested in evenings? General activity of the server - GMT time, do math yourself :)
    2.00 - 8.00: dead/ nighcapping
    8.00 - 11.00: waking up
    11.00 - 19.00: relatively active
    19.00 - 24.00: peak hours
    24.00 - 2.00: going to sleep / preping for nighcap

nighcaps arent as common as schedule implies :) just a bit salty cause AD did it tonight.. 300 points headstart, gratz..
    Edited by Tillalarrien on September 29, 2016 4:27PM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    haha you guys on NA BwB got uor thread closed for 900th time and are now forced to homelessly wander other forums? :)

I wish we could have more forum drama like in the US topic, I'd be entertained. Would firmly draw the line at the Vamp_Emily diaries though.

S.

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

I wish we could have more forum drama like in the US topic, I'd be entertained. Would firmly draw the line at the Vamp_Emily diaries though.

S.

Believe me Ive tried but everyone are too nice :(
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    I'm well aware that every faction accuses the others of "zerging" and forming "green/purple/orange alliances" but look at last night's map:

AD close to getting emp, AD taking res in DC's backyard to improve their scoring yet still DC (noobs and pros alike) have nothing better to do than farm EP at Chal mine.

Earlier that day, AD went for Drake + BRK while DC was still holding Roe + Brindle.

Still lacking an explanation here. Some age-old EP-grudge (EP hasn't dominated this campaign ever since TG patch) ? Noobs just going where the action is, unaware of the concept of "home keeps"? Both?

I just think there were really many (any?) groups on DC last night. I'm convinced that everyone was soloing with everyone else and just running to where the crossed swords are.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ganging-up Saga, episode 2

Same story last night: AD holding Ash, DC going for Chal -> Arrius

oUkHLD9.jpg
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ganging-up Saga, episode 3

AD nightcapped Emp at 6a.m. When they were down to one keep (Roe), we decided to go to Faregyl/Bloodmayne to help DC take Roe. Plan was to leave Alma Runa scroll at BM for DC to take it later and just take scroll of Mnem.
    Unfortunately, one random picked up Alma Runa (foolishly placing it at Kingscrest) and ofc it lead to DC ceasing all attempts at dethroning immediately, focussing EP exclusively.
    Edited by Ufretin on September 30, 2016 12:42PM
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah by now map looks like at episode 2.. Guessing also both scroll will be gone before I rejoin in the evening..
    Stupid moves of randoms make me loose enthusiasm for even trying to lead/better EP.. I get nothing but frustration in return.
    Stategy was in motion that would help us win scrolls and points while harming AD significantly. With 1 stupid move of a single person that doest know how to read or type we are loosing poits by hundrets.

To all from DO: love playing with u, thank god for smart ppl. To randoms picking up scrolls they didnt earn and then ignoring the whole zone shouting at them to bring it back: grazt, u stuborn ignorant person, you achieved your goal. DC is now focusing US, and AD emp is laughting and going along with it. Reclaiming both his scrolls and our homekeeps.

From only Roe AD already pushed: Blood - Fare - Allesia - BrK - Farra and got thier scroll back wile DC pushed Chal - KC.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭

I'm game for EP bashing.

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP : The old empire now more or less in ruins :p . alot of people has left and we gained alot of new people. EPs biggest challenge atm is lack of PUG leadership and lots of smallscale guys.

I can't say I spend much, if any, time in this campaign anymore but from what Ive seen EP's biggest challenge has been the same blues nightcapping the whole map over and over for months.

People just stop bothering with a campaign if they have to deal with the same crap every day. Thats all there is to it. Maybe it's recently been different (not like I would know) but the damage is done
    Edited by Valencer on October 1, 2016 3:21PM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    EP : The old empire now more or less in ruins :p . alot of people has left and we gained alot of new people. EPs biggest challenge atm is lack of PUG leadership and lots of smallscale guys.

I can't say I spend much, if any, time in this campaign anymore but from what Ive seen EP's biggest challenge has been the same blues nightcapping the whole map over and over for months.

People just stop bothering with a campaign if they have to deal with the same crap every day. Thats all there is to it. Maybe it's recently been different (not like I would know) but the damage is done

Lately its been AD and AD seems more organized the last 2 weeks and has gained more numbers.I was very (pleasantly) suprised to no nightcap this morning but yea getting tired of it tbh.
    EP still sorely lack random leadership. There is 1 guild running raids but a few hours 2-3 times a week wont change much in the long run.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

I'm game for EP bashing.

Go for it Scam :p
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its the same problem that was on AD a bit ago.. Smaller numbers, no PUG leaders, unorganised randoms most of the day time.

We are trying but honestly I and really mostly everyone in the guild dont have time to run groups 24/7.. So even when organising a raid week with a goal of winning the campaign: in few evening hours we dethrone, push to faregyl ect. I have a feeling that in few hours after we end EP is already pushed back to arrius and its stays like this till next evening, at least it looks that way if you look at scoring.
    Add in 2 nightcapped emps in 2 days and AD is 1000 points ahead on our raid week.
    Oh well, at least we will continue to have fun wiping them :P

I'm game for EP bashing.
    Haha Dral, you a bit drama deprived? :)
    Edited by Tillalarrien on October 1, 2016 9:54PM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many things about EP.
    First, sometimes there is no more "randoms", only some smallscale groups who absolutly don't care about the map, and prefere troll than defend red keeps against only some DC or AD.

Many mistakes are comited, again today, when BRK & sej are red, Chal/aleswel/ash/roe blue. EP prefered go to alessia, instead to stop DC, and instead to try to take their home keep chalman or drake or bleak... (and I don't say that because i played AD )

I played EP and tried to lead them many times, or joined many groups. Well, ppl don't listen and it's annoying to play with em. I think the lack of EP lead is easy to understand and that's why many nice players stopped to join "lfg groups" to play solo or smallscale now.
    Some ppl try to lead, but they are not experienced and do mistakes, arent patient, kick ppl who's not following, etc. It's toxic for ambiance and contribute to stop nice players to join theses groups.

So, what i think about theses "new leaders" is :
    I personnaly dont join the group (personnal reason, like loading screen bug or free moves/actions ) but I follow them on the map or in fight. I & many other ppl try to say on /zone what we should/could do. It's only suggestions ot resquests and most of the time theses leaders follow it because many guys insists or they understand it will be nice move, nice strategy, etc.
    We need them because some players left ESO and even if we are in bwb, some guys re-roll and we have a new generation of veterans of bwb ;)

Edited by Xarc on October 1, 2016 10:16PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    I & many other ppl try to say on /zone what we should/could do. It's only suggestions ot resquests and most of the time

Don't forget your whispers about who I "should" duo with. I mean, advice appreciated of course. My friend and I had a long talk about it, and I've decided to delete my sorc and reroll magicka templar, so we can duo magplars.

Thanks again.

S.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I & many other ppl try to say on /zone what we should/could do. It's only suggestions ot resquests and most of the time

Don't forget your whispers about who I "should" duo with. I mean, advice appreciated of course. My friend and I had a long talk about it, and I've decided to delete my sorc and reroll magicka templar, so we can duo magplars.

Thanks again.

S.

Are you crying ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vrathak wrote: »

I played a lot of BWB on NA a few months back both running solo and with the PUGz of Daggerfall guild and I've spent about 4-5 weeks on EU recently, both times for the DC.

Initially I found that the standard was higher on EU but that turned out to be just a small sample size as players who were running the PUG groups vetted out and things went a bit random. DC repair way more than they did on NA but that might be down to the changes in repairs that made it cheaper and faster that occurred during my break from pvp.

The campaign is mostly dominated by DC but it seems that AD and EP typically push DC back during prime time. However DC seem to stay up later and regain lost ground. Sad to say that DC can zerg with the best of them something I didn't see as much of on NA. DC zone chat is fairly civilized you still get the rage but you'll also see people praising others for doing well.

As for night capping all 3 factions have done it whilst I was playing. DC seem to do it late night as the action winds down and the other 2 factions are more early morning cappers.

As for rating the factions I'd place DC first AD a close 2nd and EP trailing behind in 3rd.

The fact that you get more XP in PVP now than before means you vet out pretty quick so the turn over of players is pretty darn quick. The best you can do for describing the state of BWB is take a snapshot it would only take another faction getting some organisation and a desire to win the campaign for things to change.
    Edited by Forztr on October 1, 2016 11:35PM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its the same problem that was on AD a bit ago.. Smaller numbers, no PUG leaders, unorganised randoms most of the day time.

We are trying but honestly I and really mostly everyone in the guild dont have time to run groups 24/7.. So even when organising a raid week with a goal of winning the campaign: in few evening hours we dethrone, push to faregyl ect. I have a feeling that in few hours after we end EP is already pushed back to arrius and its stays like this till next evening, at least it looks that way if you look at scoring.
    Add in 2 nightcapped emps in 2 days and AD is 1000 points ahead on our raid week.
    Oh well, at least we will continue to have fun wiping them :P

I'm game for EP bashing.
    Haha Dral, you a bit drama deprived? :)

I need my daily dose to feel alive
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Are you crying ?

I'm sure it was as emotional for me as it was for you.

Edited by Scamh on October 2, 2016 6:19PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    graz to vhalk on emp, she one of the best players here and didnt seem like she was even trying...

my 3 emps were by accident too
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    graz to vhalk on emp, she one of the best players here and didnt seem like she was even trying...

my 3 emps were by accident too

Yes.
    Gz to you Vhalkyria, you really deserve it.
    Great player too.

Edited by Xarc on October 5, 2016 4:27PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -