Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alphaa wrote: »
    If you night cap emp and scrolls, don't sit behind walls, use the bonuses and come out and fight I just want some blood on my mace!!!

Man i'm so agree with that. For all .
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    DC proving once and for all that PvDoor is the only way they know how to win! gratz :|

Untitled_zpsog32raax.png

Untitled%202_zpsptxns2ht.png

Ohh those brave DC souls. We applaud you!!! /bow
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stayed up a bit longer than usual and guess what, it's the oh-so-deserving, pro DC players getting the nightcap ball rolling... :s
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Stayed up a bit longer than usual and guess what, it's the oh-so-deserving, pro DC players getting the nightcap ball rolling... :s

Same here, benefits of vacation although I just got back today. Im never on at night so dont know who nightcaps, but saw tonight names of regulars DCs most of them in top 20. So its not some randoms no namers.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyday a new DC nightcap.
    It is really boring, that's why I joined EP since some campaigns.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BwB is a dead campaign from EP/AD perspective. Too many DC's on the DC-nightshift that logs on around 01.00 CET. There's no real competition anymore, as taking the keeps from DC is pointless since they'll capture them all again the next night. I hope DC is enjoying their roflpot-rolling over the map-with-no-real-resistance.

I used to lead TS-groups there & we did have quite a few decent fights / captures. But there's been no point in playing for the last ~2 weeks.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BwB is a dead campaign from EP/AD perspective. Too many DC's on the DC-nightshift that logs on around 01.00 CET. There's no real competition anymore, as taking the keeps from DC is pointless since they'll capture them all again the next night. I hope DC is enjoying their roflpot-rolling over the map-with-no-real-resistance.

I used to lead TS-groups there & we did have quite a few decent fights / captures. But there's been no point in playing for the last ~2 weeks.

To be fair I don't know what the rest of the DC are doing most of the time, flapping about probably. At 10pm last night we were 1 bar same as AD but they were nowhere in sight of us. EP with 2 bars on the other hand were splitting themselves up fighting us and the small amount of AD.

It was a busy night for us, I don't know where you're coming from tbh saying it's a dead campaign. We are 6 or 7 at best in our group and we managed to get one of us Emperor and take defended keeps. I log off before 11pm so I don't know what happens after that but if it's our guild that is pushing past the 6 emp keeps then I'll kindly ask them to stop if you can't conjure up enough from your alliance.

We'll see what happens anyway for it is Saturday night. I haven't logged on today yet but I'm prepared for the worse, H.M.S Red Zergs ahoy at a guess.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not being funny but.. I'm in the inner of Alessia right now and none of the AD will drop down to fight us, it's more than an even fight.
    PC EU
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    H.M.S Red Zergs ahoy at a guess.

Ok that made me laugh.
    Ohh and yea gratz on your night emp. Big accomplishment :p
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dral_Shady wrote: »

Ok that made me laugh.

It is for us so whatever. Mock us all you want, it's something I would personally never achieve. I bet you guys can knock them out per the hour, don't really care for that mixed alliance BS.
    PC EU
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

Ok that made me laugh.

It is for us so whatever. Mock us all you want, it's something I would personally never achieve. I bet you guys can knock them out per the hour, don't really care for that mixed alliance BS.

Dont worry I will. You really dont need to ask me that.
    Nor is it something I aspire to, I just want a fun living and thriving campaign and atm its pretty dead despite what you said.

Not sure what you mean by the mixed alliance but its pretty common that the other 2 alliances tries to dethrone emp. Always been so. Unfortunately AD is in an even sadder state than EP atm and doesnt really seems to be able to do much other than smallscale.
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    The map is relatively even when EP and AD are active... DC just seem to be active for longer.

On Saturday night there were 3 EP left in the campaign to defend the 20man DC squad that were capping the map, none of which were anywhere near a decent level of skill...(Twas a good night for AP) which is why I doubt people who come here are acvtivly taking part in the night caps, unless they are crowning themself or a friend.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    It´s actually funny that the only thing this discussion is about are nightcaps and zergs, while most players here (hopefully) aren´t zergers.. :D
    Most small scale players don´t really care about who is winning the campaign - so what´s the problem here exactly?
    Also, who cares about noob emps? I don´t see the problem with those players, cause they are easy to take care of anyway..
    So is this actually a discussion about EP / AD players being salty they can´t get emp or do I completely miss the point? :D
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Fr3ak1n0ut wrote: »
    So is this actually a discussion about EP / AD players being salty they can´t get emp or do I completely miss the point? :D

Well yes and no. Im sure many would want emp and/or win a campaign but for me its about the state of the campaign. Im sure part of the reason is one tamriel and the event and hopefully more will be back next week, but a good part has to do with morale and its pretty low at EP side and has been for months. I cant speak for AD but Im guessing its the same for them. Some people like to win or atleast have a CHANCE to win so it demoralizes them with the constant nightcapping and the quit or even worse, he join the winning team making the campaign even worse.
    Remember back in the good old days where we usually had all 3 factions with 3 bars during primetime, sometimes a faction would be 2. Nowadays at prime we see 2 factions with 1 bar and if we are lucky, 1 faction with 2 bars.
    I enjoy smallscale but it gets a bit repetitive to fight the same 10 ppl over over and over again.

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fr3ak1n0ut wrote: »
    It´s actually funny that the only thing this discussion is about are nightcaps and zergs, while most players here (hopefully) aren´t zergers.. :D
    Most small scale players don´t really care about who is winning the campaign - so what´s the problem here exactly?
    Also, who cares about noob emps? I don´t see the problem with those players, cause they are easy to take care of anyway..

Not everyone here is a small-scaler, you know. Some of us do enjoy taking/defending keeps or scrolls as an alliance, preferably during prime time (gladly at inferior numbers) by means of superior group organization + coordination, using inventive strategy, etc. So it would be gratifying if the campaign score would reward such accomplishments rather than the pve-ing of resources at 6am. (It's not about that purple reinforced Pauldron of Fury reward. :p )
    "winning a large siege during prime time" vs. "PvD a keep at 6am" is comparable to
    "winning a 1vX with skill and a thought-out build" vs "winning a 1vX with gold lvl20 gear and 1-button-spamming"

Imho the problem with recent nightcapping is the inability of some DC pro's to log off when the map calms down. Once the stream of farmable EPs pouring in from Chal/Blk dries up they'll start sieging keeps out of boredom, thus encouraging any noobs present to "take their first scroll", crown an Emp, etc.

Btw, I don't think anyone here is salty for not not getting Emp because most of us either have been Emp before or at least know how (or rather: when) to do it^^.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want to see more AP/AD on - especially later in the evening (my main playtime).

So often, I'll log into BWB, look for a fight, not find one then go back to TF to play dodgeball.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    The DC nightcaps were months ago and it was Hellscream doing them, he says hes gone to red. Nox got emp 1am (prime time for over 18s), Kirris got emp 3am (still a reasonable hour). Both of these emp runs the numbers were equal.

Nothing like a 10v15 nightcap, had some amazing battles here at 3-5am when the zergs finally go to bed, I think the problem is AD and EP morning caps.

The campaign is still busy its just a shame bananas are glory hunters so go to other campaigns. Red only had that score from a morning cap then 3 days of DC trying to depose with not a banana in sight, i guess they were on their red alts.

@Tillalarrien that map pic u posted is from the following afternoon.

DC have a 'never give up' attitude and this is the reason we stayed as strong as we were when cp was here. Not from nightcapping for points like 'little dragons' or morning cap emps for kiss like 'hello kitty'. Funny to hear people accuse us of what they used to do.
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    Nox got emp 1am (prime time for over 18s), Kirris got emp 3am (still a reasonable hour).

1-3 am "prime time" if I was playing at 2am I would get 4 hours sleep before going to work.

The campaign dies at 10-11gmt for AD and EP on week days, weekends can be different but generally after 12 it dies down.

And no one takes emp at "prime times"

"DC night caps were months ago" - DC night cap 4/7 days a week AT LEAST... Where are you getting this information?
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno i got emp on my orc 8pm on a friday night back when cp was here, was a lot of fun.

If you go to be early how do you know that we nightcap unfairly? For most adults 1am-3am is a perfectly normal time to be up. We just struggle to keep up with the kids in the morning. IMO its 4am till lunch that are the uncool times to be walking all over the map.

PvD is the issue here and as a regular late night player i can say there are always defenders, usualy equal numbers vs reds but only 2 or 3 bananas around.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BwB DC never changes.

Literally the same story as last year, except noone bothers to stay online at night to stop them now, I guess. Lost count of the amount of times some random DC guy noone ever heard of before got nr. 1 on DC and suddenly was up every other night trying to PvDoor emp with some (and that's a very variable "some") friends. Summer 2015 was notorious in that regard.

...and now I feel old. :'(
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon you people are not even there and you spread rumours on forum about DC behaviour. If you don't know what you are talking about don't talk.

Only a few DC care about this thread. Seems like an ebonheart whinge cafe full of propaganda to be honest.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 days of DC trying to depose with not a banana in sight, i guess they were on their red alts.

That's hilarious. I should've continued my "ganging up saga" from 2 pages back with new screenshots of AD taking Sej + Drake from EP while emp DC holds Alessia and Roe, as it happened several times during the last few days.
    Expect more screenshots to back up "EP propaganda" with facts.

More likely, AD at present only consists of utter noobs who don't even undestand the concept of home keeps, plus a few pro overtrolls who give a **** about their alliance. Here's hoping for more AD leadership to help rebalance the campaign!

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since when has been getting emp been ANYTHING other than putting in the hours anyway? I don't have the time to grind AP, that's why I'll never be Emperor. It's just an achievement for most people, don't you all act like staying up til 3am isn't something you haven't or would never do to get emp.
    PC EU
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when has been getting emp been ANYTHING other than putting in the hours anyway? I don't have the time to grind AP, that's why I'll never be Emperor. It's just an achievement for most people, don't you all act like staying up til 3am isn't something you haven't or would never do to get emp.

Nightcapping or no, I still prefer my Emp to be someone who's been fighting in this campaign (preferably on the same alliance :p) for a long time rather than some inconnu who just picks the easiest campaign/alliance to get his achievement in.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    3 days of DC trying to depose with not a banana in sight, i guess they were on their red alts.

That's hilarious. I should've continued my "ganging up saga" from 2 pages back with new screenshots of AD taking Sej + Drake from EP while emp DC holds Alessia and Roe, as it happened several times during the last few days.
    Expect more screenshots to back up "EP propaganda" with facts.

More likely, AD at present only consists of utter noobs who don't even undestand the concept of home keeps, plus a few pro overtrolls who give a **** about their alliance. Here's hoping for more AD leadership to help rebalance the campaign!

Most funny was a few days ago was when EP was down to Farragut/Drake/BRK. Rest of EMP keeps were blue and DC went for Chim Scrolls then suddenly out of nowhere 8 AD sieges on BRK...... It was just unbelievable :D
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    It is sad that the blues are being labelled as nightcappers for what has happened this campaign. If the previous emperor had not abdicated, it would have been 1 emp run and not 2 but people weren't sure about how the mechanic worked, thus making the total of nightcaps being 2, with 2 being the amount both the reds and the blues did in the previous campaign.

I'm part of the group that did the emp run and i normally tend to stop people who want to do nightcaps but seeing as it was guild organised and the person is on holiday i see this as a normal reason for someone to stay up late to run for emp (seen it many times on all sides.) and since then, there haven't been any late night shenanigans to be honest. Also on top of that, during the emp run, the defence the reds put up against our group of 5 or 6 was really fierce and we got wiped many many times before we were successful so it was hardly a PvDoor exercise either and the reds must have been laughing at how many ap they farmed from us.

The reds don't even realise that they've been so very very very close to completely crushing the blues on so many occasions and just gave up at the last second. This has been happening repeatedly for the last 2 days where the reds have been dominating and just seemed to give up at the last second before making the breakthrough.

On top of that, the emp group has had an agreement with itself not to take any of the back keeps of either of the other factions in the hope of keeping people playing rather than having the map completely crushed. Unfortunately, it has gradually waned to being pretty much like all keeps have been taken by the blues. Any keeps outside the emp circle have been pushed by pugs rather than anything connected with the emp or guild group and have not consistently been held for any length of time.

This has meant that the reds were scoring pretty much the same as the blues this whole time and with a push, they're still in the points so i hope they see what i've written about how strong they've been and maybe try to capitalise on this by encouraging some of their newer/less experienced members to come together and push hard.

I'd just like to thank former PUGlord of the reds, Valencer for commenting on this as well. Maybe you should make an appearance on the server more than 20 minutes in the last 6 months before you cast judgement on what actually goes on in BwB these days or keep your trolling of raviour to private messages only :P
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

The campaign is still busy i.

No Ravior thats my point. Its not. I really dont see much action there during prime time but I do hope EP and AD keep it together cuz a dead campaign is not a benefit for anyone.

As for the map Tilla posted see the timer left and knowing his TZ it looks morning and not afternoon to me. I was on vacation at the time but played the weekend and EP had been in lead for days sooo cant really see a EP morning cap fit in there.... I could be wrong.

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it has gradually waned to being pretty much like all keeps have been taken by the blues. Any keeps outside the emp circle have been pushed by pugs rather than anything connected with the emp or guild group

That's my point. However organized your emp run may be, you'll always have a bunch of noobs with a death streak of 20 in your wake who will jump at the opportunity to paint the map to cheer up.

Edited by Ufretin on October 24, 2016 3:21PM
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭

The campaign is still busy i.

No Ravior thats my point. Its not. I really dont see much action there during prime time but I do hope EP and AD keep it together cuz a dead campaign is not a benefit for anyone.

As for the map Tilla posted see the timer left and knowing his TZ it looks morning and not afternoon to me. I was on vacation at the time but played the weekend and EP had been in lead for days sooo cant really see a EP morning cap fit in there.... I could be wrong.

This would have been at about 0730hrs when the blues first passed the reds on the final day. As i stated when the map was posted originally, this was the 4th nightcap of the campaign, making it 2 nightcaps blue and 2 nightcaps red so its not as if it was biased either towards the reds or the blues but more around equal.

This probably actually reflected more in the final scoring than people think and removing the scoring that the 4 nightcaps would have made would probably still have brought the blues out slightly ahead but not by much.

I'm also agreeing that primetime has been probably half the populations that are normally around on all sides 2bh.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nightcapping or no, I still prefer my Emp to be someone who's been fighting in this campaign (preferably on the same alliance :p) for a long time rather than some inconnu who just picks the easiest campaign/alliance to get his achievement in.

The PvP'ers in our guild regularly play in BwB, it's just when you see us together, 1 of us is gonna get emp. I played 4 hours and got in the top 5 the other night by killing large groups and nothing more, never even pointed a ballista towards a wall, didn't need to, we already had emp.
    PC EU