Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »
    It is sad that the blues are being labelled as nightcappers for what has happened this campaign. If the previous emperor had not abdicated, it would have been 1 emp run and not 2 but people weren't sure about how the mechanic worked, thus making the total of nightcaps being 2, with 2 being the amount both the reds and the blues did in the previous campaign.
    A single night cap once in a while I guess people dont care about but its the constant nightcapping is just a pain. Particulary for those players that play the campaign the way "its meant to be played". The nightcap the campaign before snatching the victory right of EP hands was a pretty lowblow(ish)
    I'm part of the group that did the emp run and i normally tend to stop people who want to do nightcaps but seeing as it was guild organised and the person is on holiday i see this as a normal reason for someone to stay up late to run for emp (seen it many times on all sides.) and since then, there haven't been any late night shenanigans to be honest. Also on top of that, during the emp run, the defence the reds put up against our group of 5 or 6 was really fierce and we got wiped many many times before we were successful so it was hardly a PvDoor exercise either and the reds must have been laughing at how many ap they farmed from us.
    I had friday of work so had just settled to try out civ 6 when I saw Ufretins msg on the forum so for once I was actually on during night time and went for the BRK defense. There were certainly noone laughing at you as you are all tough as nails but maybe its was my old weary sleepy eyes but I did count more than 6 of you there :D After you went to Alessia most EP logged of and think only me and 1 other was back BRK when you got back.
    The reds don't even realise that they've been so very very very close to completely crushing the blues on so many occasions and just gave up at the last second. This has been happening repeatedly for the last 2 days where the reds have been dominating and just seemed to give up at the last second before making the breakthrough.

We have jobs,school etc we have to log of sometimes ;)
    On top of that, the emp group has had an agreement with itself not to take any of the back keeps of either of the other factions in the hope of keeping people playing rather than having the map completely crushed. Unfortunately, it has gradually waned to being pretty much like all keeps have been taken by the blues. Any keeps outside the emp circle have been pushed by pugs rather than anything connected with the emp or guild group and have not consistently been held for any length of time.

Well thats admirable. Unfortunately its not really true. I saw 1 of your group pick up yellow scroll at KC and seen several of you at Arrius sieges.
    This has meant that the reds were scoring pretty much the same as the blues this whole time and with a push, they're still in the points so i hope they see what i've written about how strong they've been and maybe try to capitalise on this by encouraging some of their newer/less experienced members to come together and push hard.

Understand this. Its not a single campaign or 2 that breaks the camels back. Its been like this the last 6 months and its slowly been wearing down players. While I dont respect your nightcap, you can bet I respect you as players. you play well as a team and I have to keep shouting at my guild mates to stop hitting the blazing shield and encase him but sigh.... :D
    As for encouragement what EP needs most atm are PUG leaders and would be real nice to see someone take up the challenge but morale is pretty low and those leaders have a hard time keeping their group together I guess after a failure or 2.
    I would really like to see an AD perspective of it all. As I see there are in a far worse state than EP atm.

• ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right about an occasional foray away from the emp keeps but tell me why would the blues take emp and then just leave a yellow scroll in a red keep??? More to the point, if they've spent an hour or 2 scouting the emp keeps and had next to no action, i'm quite sure i'd be going for a shot at another keep at some point, mainly to stay awake more than anything else.
    So yes, you're quite right, they've not exclusively been guarding the emp keeps but if you knew how many hours we/they have been logged in due to holidays, this is an extremely minimal amount of the time they've been logged in and being honest, they could have repeatedly run all the way up to your gates after taking all of the keeps but haven't.
    Thanks for pointing out some individual instances where they've not just been defending the emp keeps but as a whole, this hasn't been the case.
    And yeah, that blazing shield must be pretty tedious to deal with if people don't know what it is but the player's name kinda gives the game away a bit i think for future identification purposes. ;) (i was present at the 3vs20 at dragonclaw where the 20 came 2nd and i think the blazing shield was instrumental in winning this one rather than the emp)
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yeah, that blazing shield must be pretty tedious to deal with if people don't know what it is but the player's name kinda gives the game away a bit i think for future identification purposes. ;) (i was present at the 3vs20 at dragonclaw where the 20 came 2nd and i think the blazing shield was instrumental in winning this one rather than the emp)

I've never quite understood players (my guildmates included) grinding to lvl 35 before entering BwB with high-lvl abilities. Especially with yet another +25% xp buff since OT update. How long will you be able to show off your toon before leveling out - 8 hours?
    I've always entered BwB right at lvl10, never doing any quests/pve thereafter. True, it makes selectively leveling certain skill lines impossible (my last templar got jesus beam at lvl48) but you can have lots of fun even with low-lvl abilities and you'll be able to enjoy your toon for much longer.
    The good thing about OT is you can collect all the skill points you'll ever need before hitting lvl10 (or even meteor and/or soul strike^^)

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    And yeah, that blazing shield must be pretty tedious to deal with if people don't know what it is but the player's name kinda gives the game away a bit i think for future identification purposes. ;)

Yup but it keeps amazing me how even players that played for a long time doesnt know the game mechanics though. But
    1: Blazing shield is a bit exotic in Bwb. I guess not so many have met it. Its a *** to lvl and have ready. My blazing shield was around lvl 35 when I got it morphed if I remember correctly so its one of those build in Bwb where you have to pve most of the time to pvp.
    2 : Everyone and their mothers plays melee and thats just sweet candy for a blazing shield tank ;)

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »

I've never quite understood players (my guildmates included) grinding to lvl 35 before entering BwB with high-lvl abilities. Especially with yet another +25% xp buff since OT update. How long will you be able to show off your toon before leveling out - 8 hours?
    I've always entered BwB right at lvl10, never doing any quests/pve thereafter. True, it makes selectively leveling certain skill lines impossible (my last templar got jesus beam at lvl48) but you can have lots of fun even with low-lvl abilities and you'll be able to enjoy your toon for much longer.
    The good thing about OT is you can collect all the skill points you'll ever need before hitting lvl10 (or even meteor and/or soul strike^^)

Hehe Tharn I wanted to try out that blazing shield build :D . I didnt enjoy it that much but now Im thinking again hey how would it be with Plague doctor!!!!.
    Dont know I used also just to enter bwb at lvl 10 but these days I find it much more fun to try out different builds.

• The_Legendary_Arya
    Understand this. Its not a single campaign or 2 that breaks the camels back. Its been like this the last 6 months and its slowly been wearing down players. While I dont respect your nightcap, you can bet I respect you as players. you play well as a team and I have to keep shouting at my guild mates to stop hitting the blazing shield and encase him but sigh.... :D
    As for encouragement what EP needs most atm are PUG leaders and would be real nice to see someone take up the challenge but morale is pretty low and those leaders have a hard time keeping their group together I guess after a failure or 2.
    I would really like to see an AD perspective of it all. As I see there are in a far worse state than EP atm.

[/quote]

Here´s the AD perspective: Boring and useless to play BwB imo. Theres no AD online, we have perma no scrolls and 3 to max 4 keeps. Perma Nightcapping think made alot of AD´s quit, cause we dont have any good Pug Leads or Guilds atm playing there either.
    Only fun is 1vsZerg with Tank&Blazing shield builds atm as AD xD

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

Here´s the AD perspective: Boring and useless to play BwB imo. Theres no AD online, we have perma no scrolls and 3 to max 4 keeps. Perma Nightcapping think made alot of AD´s quit, cause we dont have any good Pug Leads or Guilds atm playing there either.
    Only fun is 1vsZerg with Tank&Blazing shield builds atm as AD xD

Thanks kinda what I expected and feared. I just hope like I wrote earlier that more people will be back after the event and one tamriel dies out.

• ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    Being realistic on this one, i don't think the numbers will come back the same as they were before. This is not because people will be fed up with 1t or that they have farmed the equipment they wanted but more due to the fact that there are less and less people coming in to unlock caltrops and vigour.
    When ZoS changed it so that you could basically earn AP for blinking near a fight in Cyro, it attracted a lot of people but they're slowly disappearing as well since they now have what they came for. I still dislike the people that come in solely for this reason and all they have to ask in zone chat is, "HOW DO I EARN AP AS FAST AS POSSIBLE SO THAT I CAN GET OUT OF THIS PLACE?!?!"
    The numbers had already started to dwindle before 1t dropped as far as i could see and it is because of these people making inaccurate figures in the first place just so that they could get their coveted skills and get t.f.o.

• Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    Dral_Shady wrote: »

While I dont respect your nightcap, you can bet I respect you as players. you play well as a team and I have to keep shouting at my guild mates to stop hitting the blazing shield and encase him but sigh.... :D

I'm glad I've been making an impression :) I was wondering why i was suddenly getting hit with 5 encases whenever I went anywhere :P

a.k.a. Aps
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Ferrofluid wrote: »

While I dont respect your nightcap, you can bet I respect you as players. you play well as a team and I have to keep shouting at my guild mates to stop hitting the blazing shield and encase him but sigh.... :D

I'm glad I've been making an impression :) I was wondering why i was suddenly getting hit with 5 encases whenever I went anywhere :P

LOL good someone has learned hehe. I got mad at EP that kept themselves throwing at ya :p But yea the blazing shields counter is CC and range. Now Ill just shut up so you can have some fun :D
    Edited by Dral_Shady on October 24, 2016 6:02PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ferrofluid wrote: »

Yeah and I was getting all the splash back from that Encase spam, highly annoying when I'm trying to drop Tethers over your Blazing Shield.

I guess we deserve it after the last campaign we did when I was on my Sorc.
    PC EU
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally find it more fun to enter and leave strong than to stay weak throughout the campaign. You used to be able to stay in Cyrodill from 10 - 50 without worrying about anything, but now you gotta update your sets constantly and not everyone has the money to do so which is why often people enter at higher levels to avoid wasting money on lower lvl sets.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gxolezS.jpg

Cyrodiil, 1:30am: Business as usual for DC.
    Please note the lone AD defending, I'm sure he gave you lots of exciting fights.

So gratz in advance on your guild's new emp!

Just spare us your justifications, I'm done with BwB, as are most EP and AD. Have fun ruling your dead buff campaign!
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm a terrible person.

Blue road had about 10 reds in it though, and we aren't moving past the emp keeps. So really, it could be worse.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So gratz in advance on your guild's new emp!

Thanks! It was tough but good co-ordination and the ability to be able to switch faction just by a quick relog got us there once again.
    PC EU
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    seriously, how is 1.30am a nightcap??? ask ur parents to let you stay up later. Think about all us adults that can't function at 8am let alone defend against ad and ep kiddie zergs going for emp.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    So how about that first episode of walking dead? That was brutal and emotional for all no?
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see why ad r depop now.

New players don't like the 'banana squad 2015 emulator' attitude at ad (think its cool to take bleakers/dc then camp it), also i guess they don't like the fact that ad and ep alliance hop, spy, exploit and work with each other vs dc. I coulda taken screenshots to prove all this but i not that sad.

Run Riku run, say thanks to ammas/dnote for me...
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    New players don't like the 'banana squad 2015 emulator' attitude at ad (think its cool to take bleakers/dc then camp it).
    For once, I absolutely agree with you.
    also i guess they don't like the fact that ad and ep alliance hop, spy, exploit and work with each other vs dc. I coulda taken screenshots to prove all this but i not that sad.
    Complete BS, as stated before. Could post a screenie of AD attacking BRK and Drake 2hrs ago, while DC still has Emp + AD scroll.

Let's just face it, new players these days have no clue of things like "home keeps" or "dethroning", they just go to the closest crossed swords or siege the keep that seems easiest to take.
    Add to this vet players like those you're hinting at who don't care at all about loyalty to any alliance, campaign scoring, etc.

• laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rav is drugged again. Ignore his conspiracy theories
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Why? They are pretty funny :D
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

New players don't like the 'banana squad 2015 emulator' attitude at ad (think its cool to take bleakers/dc then camp it), also i guess they don't like the fact that ad and ep alliance hop, spy, exploit and work with each other vs dc. I coulda taken screenshots to prove all this but i not that sad.

Run Riku run, say thanks to ammas/dnote for me...

You know its pretty funny. Ive spoken with some AD who say the chat always goes about how EP always with DC gang up on them and you cant be on a day on EP side without hearing about those *** AD always ganging up with DC on EP. Thing is that it happens for all 3 factions (although less for AD than EP and DC currently)
    There are those funny moments though seeing AD going for Drake when EMP ring is blue or like I wrote about the other day going for Brk when DC are on EP scroll and AD has no scroll themselves leaving them zero chance to even get close to 2nd EP scroll. I guess they do it because they feel they have no chance taking a blue keep.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blue water blade, it's too much now...

Theses guys don't understand they killed the campaign.
    Even if it is 1:30am. If there is no ennemy to defend, why to continue to kill the campaign ? You did it, now many players leave & left bwb.
    I personnaly leave, i'm tired to play with nobody against the same 5-6 dc players who dont understand they should move to vet pvp or get a brain, idk. Since it is not funny to die 1vs5-SAME-DC everywhere on the map because EP&AD are dead. They'll be more dead now, and more and more.
    have fun with doors.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get it either.

I only really go BWB when levelling a new toon. DC here, but stopped playing there a month or so ago now - just cos there's simply no action. Been playing in Trueflame instead with my lvl 40-something. Not optimal, but the way that battle-levelling works it seems to be doable.

Either that or just levelling up in PVE or going back to my main.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Why? They are pretty funny :D

At first yes. But after more than one year of his spy cryIng he sounds like a broken tape
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    New campaign - Aleswell the only keep to be taken to depose (a now leveled out) blue emperor.
    3 defenders, yellows one side, reds the other. Maybe this will rekindle the campaign if the blues are non-existent.

On the subject of the campaign being dead, most definitely agree... i played 25 or 30 mins in the last 3 days of it and still came 2nd or 3rd quite easily. Let's hope this kicks some life back into the campaign.. i'll be taking a wee break from BwB probably (i've been leveling up 2 accts there rather than grinding PVE) because i've made a number of enemies on all sides and i'm sure none of them will miss me :P

Let's hope the exploiters in the yellows/reds/blues get banned soon (same people on different factions) and reds and yellows get some new puglords.

On the subject of spies, Rav is a blue through and through and doesn't see past the fact that all blues are angels who would never spy. The reality is that there have been spies on all sides for years, plus I spotted a blue who is in DO for instance and his mains are all Pact i guess... sure information, even if not from spying, will filter to other factions. Time to live with reality Rav, that spies are on all sides and some of them are even inadvertent spies rather than point blank evil reconnaisance agents.

Good luck to all sides in the new campaign and let's just expect nightcaps instead of weeping about them, although blues were the only guilty party in the last campaign (and i'm a blue who is willing to admit it.)

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    to all the haters that regret me kill them that still flame me on forum even tho they r scared of blackwater and not been here since cp removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QefqJ7YhbWQ
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ilander i know ninja smurfs used to employ spies but blue have no 'puglord' atm and are a total mess, i honestly believe we have no spy coz there is no one to report to. i have seen many dirty dealings with ad/ep exploiters that think its cool to be chumps trying to manipulate. We only won the last campaign because kirris wanted to try emp so The Black were more active than usual. DC won't win this one trust me..

All PvP campaigns have been more quiet than usual coz people were out farming the new gear. Trueflame has picked up again, Ebony too. I expect Blackwater to be back to normal soon but the problem is finding people to lead pugs at all alliances. I tell them expect 6/24 to read chat and follow you into the castle then lead isn't so painful.

it was such a shame to kick a friend from my guild and unfriend them coz they were spy, let overlord and riku exploit a scroll and helped dral farm dc.

ep and ad need to shape up and stop the dc hate, tings seem kinda petty atm both in-game and on forum.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP under new management :'(
    Watch out for roof campers at Rayles/Warden or BM/BB respectively...
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to all the haters that regret me kill them that still flame me on forum even tho they r scared of blackwater and not been here since cp removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QefqJ7YhbWQ

I havent been there ?
    I know i was in bwb on my DC stam sorc, ep nb and on my second account Too. To bad