Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• saryc
    saryc
    So... I logged after server maintenance - it was like 7 A.M GMT (I live in GMT+10 time zone) .
    The new campaign just started, and I didn't really expect to see a single soul at that time.. and how wrong I was!

AD leaderboard already had 14 ppl (sieging Aleswell when I logged)...
    vmzdppK.jpg

...20 in 10 minutes...

jTpWpeN.jpg

And here they are at Chalman, the second half of the raid is on the way from Aleswell.

8285hv6.jpg

They crowned the emp ofc, and in less than an hour there were almost 30 AD on leaderboard. DC had 6 and EP 3.
    mbLViLS.jpg
    ZyMlA0H.jpg
    xFLwrDJ.jpg

And yes those are the same people I've seen for the last few days at about the same time taking keeps from NPCs. Nice work guys, you are really good at it. Well good luck with that and have fun questing'n'killing mobs in yellow painted campaign. There is enough PVE content in that zone for you to do.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    saryc wrote: »
    So... I logged after server maintenance - it was like 7 A.M GMT (I live in GMT+10 time zone) .
    The new campaign just started, and I didn't really expect to see a single soul at that time.. and how wrong I was!

AD leaderboard already had 14 ppl (sieging Aleswell when I logged)...
    vmzdppK.jpg

...20 in 10 minutes...

jTpWpeN.jpg

And here they are at Chalman, the second half of the raid is on the way from Aleswell.

8285hv6.jpg

They crowned the emp ofc, and in less than an hour there were almost 30 AD on leaderboard. DC had 6 and EP 3.
    mbLViLS.jpg
    ZyMlA0H.jpg
    xFLwrDJ.jpg

And yes those are the same people I've seen for the last few days at about the same time taking keeps from NPCs. Nice work guys, you are really good at it. Well good luck with that and have fun questing'n'killing mobs in yellow painted campaign. There is enough PVE content in that zone for you to do.

This is a beautiful post, it's pretty much an illustration of the last few weeks of BWB. I am pretty much moving off BWB now. I don't see the point in allowing these idiots to PVE their way into a situation where sheer numbers and owning everything allow them to just farm AP.

• Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    I have to defend poor farud here. He's not on any of those lists with any of his characters. This just shows that it's not just one ad group/guild doing this. Its a bunch of them.

We can now blame AD as a whole.
    PC EU - CP 810+ - @Vyperia

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP
    Aela Of Rorikstead - Stamdk EP
    Fireya at-Rusa - Stamden DC

XB NA - CP 500+ - GT Vyperia

Aleri Telvanni - Magsorc AD
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭

Dont be silly. Noone who is clear in mind is getting up at 6am to play video games. If I would do that even once my wife would call the doctor. In the leaderboard are 1000+ ppl. You have the names of the couple of unfair players on the screenshots. Blame them ingame but dont insult the vast majority of fair AD players.

• Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »

Dont be silly. Noone who is clear in mind is getting up at 6am to play video games. If I would do that even once my wife would call the doctor. In the leaderboard are 1000+ ppl. You have the names of the couple of unfair players on the screenshots. Blame them ingame but dont insult the vast majority of fair AD players.

Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter anyway. BwB's playerbase is bleeding right now because of the IC update and if some AD want to nightcap the map every night so AD can dominate a no man's land, then more power to them. They'll just accelerate the inevitable and those campaign wins have been meaningless ever since the IC update hit anyway.

• Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's about how bad it has been on NA since the patch, as well.

I'm pretty much quitting the game because of how terrible the response has been to these major issues.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Tzadik
    Tzadik
    There are sill EP's that resist :) We are organised in Ebonheart Reborn, but whatever we do they nightcap us, so a lot of people are lousing their hope/will to play. Since IC patch game is just nightcaping and endless zergs, but we all know that. I just hope that DEV's will look at complains that some people wrote on this forum and that they'll fix BwB.
    Ebonheart Pact - PC EU
    Hasidic Chant - magicka templar
    Na Nach - magicka nightblade sap tank
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo pvp is still very viable. People just need to learn to adapt their builds and change their playstyle. Tbh this update has balanced out perma blocking and shield stacking. Not to mention snipe spamming is less effective now.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the blame has been the Bwb changes. part has been the changes to vet pvp and a big part has been due to IC. EP/DC seemed to lose most its playerbase or atleast their organized guilds and AD not so much.
    Ive tried to log on with my mini sorc a couple of times but you just lose enthusiasm when you realize you are sieging an AD keep and the defenders outnumber you 2:1 if not more.
    I do hope the dust will settle on Bwb and it wont die out but tbh Im not an optimist.

/cry cry off
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Solo pvp is still very viable. People just need to learn to adapt their builds and change their playstyle. Tbh this update has balanced out perma blocking and shield stacking. Not to mention snipe spamming is less effective now.

Exactly this. Night capping is the bigger problem. It drains the player base of the other alliances. Meanwhile it's so imbalanced that even on prime time yellow has more ppl than the other factions together.

To resolve the IC issues in my oppinion it doesnt help to write forum posts. I would use the feedback function ingame. If they get the same feedback over and over again I'm sure they take it serious.

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To resolve the IC issues in my oppinion it doesnt help to write forum posts. I would use the feedback function ingame. If they get the same feedback over and over again I'm sure they take it serious.

Ha! Are you new around here?
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Exactly this. Night capping is the bigger problem. It drains the player base of the other alliances. Meanwhile it's so imbalanced that even on prime time yellow has more ppl than the other factions together.

Well not sure what Zenimax should be able to do about it and nothing against the rules are going on (Im guessing Ozy and crew are not sploiting anymore hehe). And I do understand AD wants to pvp and tbh not really their problem EP/DC left as such. Can just hope some of them get tired of PVD'ing and EP/DC gets more manpower.
    I would suggest though AD running only 1 raid group and not 2-3 raidgroups in an area (unless really needed) as I can say from the reciveing end its just disheartning to see the big yellow blob coming against you and your fellow 10-12 players. After a few of those encounters you just log out to do something else.
    But hey honestly I havent been that much in Bwb and maybe Im making it a bigger thing that it is?

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I proposed it somewhere, make it so that a keep can only be captured if the owning faction has two or more bars on the population indicator.

NB: no need to detail all of the injustice invoked by this mechanic or the reasons against it, rest assured I am well aware of those. Sadly, the community seems to require that kind of stick to behave.
    Edited by Leandor on September 16, 2015 10:40AM
  • Treyazae
    Treyazae
    Soul Shriven
    How about keeps can only be taken if at least one enemy player is present, and defending npc stats are based on populations/ ratio. Champion points are nerfed to 0 effect if all keeps are owned. Night capping is not fun pvp, its gaining a maximum advantage over already disadvantaged populations. Same problem on PS4 eu, almost daily yellow owns the map after night and its taking longer each day for other alliances to win back territory, meaning less people are participating.

Balancing the population and CP issues in PVP will sustain the playerbase better than letting a minority of players have their way. Besides there's no fun in owning the map.

Yes CP contribute to this. Some players obviously hit harder and take less damage, to a degree that they are seemingly invulnerable.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quoting myself for reference:
    Leandor wrote: »
    I proposed it somewhere, make it so that a keep can only be captured if the owning faction has two or more bars on the population indicator.

NB: no need to detail all of the injustice invoked by this mechanic or the reasons against it, rest assured I am well aware of those. Sadly, the community seems to require that kind of stick to behave.
    The more I think about that, the more I like it. This would make sure that it is actually bad to have higher population than others, because if you fight against a faction with only one bar, every single castle they take from you is lost without chance to recover until their population picks up.

That alone may be the end of buff campaigns.
  • Mendarthin
    I really like most of those ideas, except the one making keeps only capturable with minimum pop/defenders present.

That one's way too easy to abuse. I mean hell, all a faction would need to do to hold their keeps is *not* defend them..
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mendarthin wrote: »
    I really like most of those ideas, except the one making keeps only capturable with minimum pop/defenders present.

That one's way too easy to abuse. I mean hell, all a faction would need to do to hold their keeps is *not* defend them..
    I assume you meant my post. IC and Cyrodiil share population. If the whole faction hangs in IC, their keeps are free to take. It's not about the defenders actually present in the keep, it's about people present in the campaign. If no one is present in the campaign, why should the faction PvDooring be rewarded to play at a time where there isn't even a potential to have actual PvP?

So, if they want tto keep their keeps, they either need to defend them or log off. If they log off, the ruling faction can PvE to their heart's content in IC.
  • Mendarthin
    Was mostly referring to Treyazae, but your suggestion is iffy aswell.

We all saw what happened when IC got released: general cyrodiil got completely abandoned. While your idea could have worked here (because, as you said, IC and Cyro share pop), I doubt it'll work when Orsinium gets released for example.

Unless you're fine with pvp completely grinding to a halt whenever an expansion comes out.

Making keeps unable to be captured also completely ignores the possibility of two alliances (temporarily) teaming up and the xtra strain that brings to the third alliance (even if it does have higher pop than the other two)
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    if it wasn't for the bugged npc and the mass exodus of blue and red experienced player blackwater would be fine.

dc still have a lot of fun at peak time with fewer numbers and clean up the nightcaps fast enough.
  • Treyazae
    Treyazae
    Soul Shriven
    After playing for more time
    Mendarthin wrote: »
    Was mostly referring to Treyazae, but your suggestion is iffy aswell.

We all saw what happened when IC got released: general cyrodiil got completely abandoned. While your idea could have worked here (because, as you said, IC and Cyro share pop), I doubt it'll work when Orsinium gets released for example.

Unless you're fine with pvp completely grinding to a halt whenever an expansion comes out.

Making keeps unable to be captured also completely ignores the possibility of two alliances (temporarily) teaming up and the xtra strain that brings to the third alliance (even if it does have higher pop than the other two)

After playing for more time. The main issue seemingly, with not recovering night capped/ population advantaged zergs, is the changes since the patch to health and siege equipment. Obviously having the original number of players return would help, but AD has always dominated since I started 4 campaigns previously. Its hard to suggest a player based restriction without the possibility that it could negatively effect the community. The two alliances co-op idea I like but cant think of how that can be designed appropriately.

If they reverted the changes in the patch we could have more of a chance coping with being outnumbered.

Basically AD almost always have 2-3x players as EP/DC. I think my champion point idea is great but also as a faction possess more keeps the npcs should be fewer and weaker at each one, being original at scroll/ native keeps. Also the less keeps a faction has more aggressive/ numerous NPC forces.

Gated Cyrodiil would have probably only encouraged people to vet and join buff severs.

So our major problem is player ratios and it really needs compensating for it to recover and stay active. No matter if in the future the tables turn . This problem sucks the life out of pvp.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD dominates till they started nighrcapping every night.
    And because half MW and little Dragons left.

Since the patch i find myself more and more doing PVE.
    Vet pvp is still stupid zerg, and bwb now Too.

Its not becouse DC is underpopulated, we could handle that before. But you can now only stop a zerg with another zerg.
    Before you could wipe a zerg with 4-5 people with anti siege + npc.

Now its: hey oil is up, lets take a shower.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    AD dominates till they started nighrcapping every night.
    And because half MW and little Dragons left.

Since the patch i find myself more and more doing PVE.
    Vet pvp is still stupid zerg, and bwb now Too.

Its not becouse DC is underpopulated, we could handle that before. But you can now only stop a zerg with another zerg.
    Before you could wipe a zerg with 4-5 people with anti siege + npc.

Now its: hey oil is up, lets take a shower.

All of the long-time NA BwB players have complained and we've been totally ignored by our oh so caring devs. And a lot of us just plain quit the game. No reason to pay or play a game deved by people that just totally ignore community outcry.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    I admit it's now really dead.

AD and DC nightcapped EP now morning caps. Two times pve per day completely destroyed the playerbase. Everyone left is leaving.

Ok, vet pvp is dead. Nothing going on open world and if than its kinda 1 hit massacre by zergs doing 20vX where X<<20.

BwB is dead. First coffin nail by IC patch, second by night and morning cappers. Congrats. For me this means finally game over.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaign seemed alive enough 2 days ago. Havent checked today but since you posted it 3 days ago Im going to assume you were massively exaggerating..
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, snip it, you convinced me, I'll roll a baby healer and come chain fail for you guys
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's either completely dead, or equally boring dimwit zergling paradise. Anything resembling actual PvP is extremely scarce.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just like I said in zonechat a few days after IC was released: all Cyrodiil is good for now is skyshards, lorebooks and getting rapid maneuver to make escaping from city guards easier if caught when doing legermain activities.
    Halcyon Black
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just like I said in zonechat a few days after IC was released: all Cyrodiil is good for now is skyshards, lorebooks and getting rapid maneuver to make escaping from city guards easier if caught when doing legermain activities.

Thats not true.

Vigor and Proxy Det are good for PVE too xD

And i just did a vamp dk, so you may see me coming back sometimes^^
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proximity Detonation. Don't think I'll ever get enough AP on any of my characters to advance that far in alliance rank.
    Halcyon Black