Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• botulidze
    botulidze
    Didn't read whole thread, but wanted to share today's experience.
    So I'm new to this game and today was my 2nd day of PVP in BB campaign (I'm playing as sorc for AD).

I did google a lot before entering PVP zone in order to understand what should I expect to see and what other would expect me to do. Best advice I googled so far was some dude saying on other forum - if you're new, join a group and just follow your lead's orders. Was not really that hard! People had some nice chats while we galloped from one keep to another, team lead coordinated sieges with other groups, we had lot of fan, and I finally logged off at 4am local time in a positive mood.

What I wanted to say - PVP zone is not kindergarten, no one is going to teach you basics when busy with siege.

p.s.
    People in our group mentioned some local BB celebrity called Luci quite often during the evening, so at some point I got curious and asked who's that (cause I'm new to PVP and never heard about him). Was told - ah, Luci - he is just damn good playing PVP, you will see if we meet him!
    We did meet him some later later during siege of another keep and he took our 24 ppl group easily himself just accompanied by small party. I thought - wow, this guy is really good; however I feel like celebrity myself now so excited to fight the best on my 2nd day!

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Blackwater. :) Ah yes. Luci and his regular group can be tough opponents. It is possible to defeat them, though. Groups I've been in has done it a few times. Probably because I always play a cute Khajiit; they can't resist going all "aaaawwwwww, how cute" and their mind wanders away from the fighting. ;)
    Halcyon Black
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to BwB. :)
    You will meet many good players here but also many new to the game like yourself.
    My advice to you is to learn the map and the names of the keeps fast and for gods sake avoid the lure of THE BRIDGE!!!!!. Else find your role in your group heal/DPS/"tankish" and search google for the "special rules" regarding the BwB campaign (what works for armor sets/stats etc etc)

Hope you will have a good time here.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by pppontus on July 17, 2023 6:56AM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »

3. Profit from the ever increasing numbers of angry battle-axe wearing nords that are currently being cloned in NASAs secret Ebonheart Pact reinforcement lab until you eventually get sucked into a black hole where there's nothing but a man in a wedding dress that's dancing on your corpse

Repeat!

https://youtu.be/U0aIVoX6ROY?t=124

Starts 2 minutes in <3o:)

Must be Swaglord you are talking about and dancing on your corpse is the least worrying thing :D
    Btw fun to watch the "old" names although its not even that long ago
  • Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    @pppontus was the last part of the video Aleswell, defending your last emp keep? I remember that day, particularly how long it took to kill you in Arrius :s
    botulidze wrote: »

p.s.
    People in our group mentioned some local BB celebrity called Luci quite often during the evening, so at some point I got curious and asked who's that (cause I'm new to PVP and never heard about him). Was told - ah, Luci - he is just damn good playing PVP, you will see if we meet him!

Here's 2 ways too kill luci from one of his guildies.
    1. Simply do as ppontus did, get emp & spam endless fury on him
    2. Catch him when his guilds being useless (trust me we do this quite often :D) and spam endless fury on him while getting others to keep him off you.
    So really unless your emp, it's hit him while he's occupied by others And if that fails bolt away. Fast :p

However if your rather good just kill him solo, it's for the best ;)
    PC EU - CP 810+ - @Vyperia

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP
    Aela Of Rorikstead - Stamdk EP
    Fireya at-Rusa - Stamden DC

XB NA - CP 500+ - GT Vyperia

Aleri Telvanni - Magsorc AD
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p.s.
    We did meet him some later later during siege of another keep and he took our 24 ppl group easily himself just accompanied by small party. I thought - wow, this guy is really good; however I feel like celebrity myself now so excited to fight the best on my 2nd day!

Yeah, I keep hearing about some "Luci group" all the time too. Must be one of those elite groups that start siege without capping resources first, or just start siege period. That would explain celebrity status.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 26, 2015 3:47PM
  • Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Yeah, I keep hearing about some "Luci group" all the time too. Must be one of those elite groups that start siege without capping resources first, or just start siege period. That would explain celebrity status.

"elite group" rofl. :D

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    p.s.

Super elite pink ninjas. We even had Batman costumes but Luci took that away from us :'(

• Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    Dral_Shady wrote: »
    p.s.

Super elite pink ninjas. We even had Batman costumes but Luci took that away from us :'(

And the lightsabers! She took our beautiful shiny lightsabers too remember? :'(

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP

• Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Our shiny sabers :'(
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pppontus was the last part of the video Aleswell, defending your last emp keep? I remember that day, particularly how long it took to kill you in Arrius :s

p.s.

Here's 2 ways too kill luci from one of his guildies.
    1. Simply do as ppontus did, get emp & spam endless fury on him
    2. Catch him when his guilds being useless (trust me we do this quite often :D) and spam endless fury on him while getting others to keep him off you.
    So really unless your emp, it's hit him while he's occupied by others And if that fails bolt away. Fast :p

However if your rather good just kill him solo, it's for the best ;)

Outrun Lucia in bolt away?
    Wonder in that works on the Master of near death bolt escape :wink:

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by pppontus on July 17, 2023 6:56AM
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, those silly blues. We disintegrated their whole raid (15-20 of them) in 2 seconds last night because they all stood under oil at BRK's inner breach. Then we logged off for the night after repairing BRK and losing Alessia to AD's PvDoor nightsquad while BRK was under siege. :D

They must've been looking really hard for those "reds that are still on", because I don't think there was anyone!
    Edited by Valencer on August 27, 2015 9:31AM
  • Denmaras
    Denmaras
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, awesome! They must have had a hard time killing those strong npcs. Congratulations!
    Ebonheart Pact [EU]
    Walpurgá Sorc VR16 | Denmaras DK VR16 | Marie Chase NB VR7

Hopesfire - Little Dragons - Trueflame
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant logg in ATM. Who was #1 when nightcap happrned , who became emp ?
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by pppontus on July 17, 2023 7:04AM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Know exactly who That is.
    That is Elynea Aran.

Elynea #2. The Elynea that came out of the nothing and became number 1 on leaderboard.
    Not to be mistaken for the original longtime pvp Elynea Nirai, who is in MostWanted.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Early morning emp again, huh? That will turn most of the new campaign into defend, defend, defend.
    Halcyon Black
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    So i guess while the servers r down due to outage I ll join in on this topic :)

Guys all this night- and morning caps r making u sleepy during the day :disappointed:
    Yesterday you just kinda gave us emp mid-day with no resistance. If there was any, we wouldnt even go for it as emp wasnt really the goal..
    We just kinda got roe then say "well, only ash left" and then we rode into already breached ash and got in like 2 min.. U should really sleep more so u can provide us with some chalange ;)
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • aethelgifu
    aethelgifu
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys! Have wanted to comment on this forum for a while but I, along with many AD colleagues, initially thought it preferable to treat many of the very early posts with a dignified silence, convinced that some of the early AD-hating, pitiful gloating, and totally unfounded, one-sided subjective comments (of which the above is a real gem) found in some people's "contributions" would abate. Many of us were even prepared to allow the rank hypocrisy (nightcappers moaning about nightcapping was a personal favourite) sometimes found here to pass unchallenged. However, I have been glad to see fellow AD come to the forum in very recent weeks and try and put forward a yellow/banana/whatever-else-you-call-us point of view. With this in mind, please allow me to add a little more context regarding yesterday's EP emperorship than found above:

DC nightcapped and both AD and EP punished them for it by taking all their keeps and scrolls. Good - we all know what to expect when another idiot in our alliance decides s/he quite fancies a bit of overnight/early morning PvE. A couple of hours later EP had managed (to their credit) to capture 4 emp keeps, leaving AD with only Roe and Ash. When we were attacked at Roe, EP were on high pop and DC and AD were on medium. In their eternal wisdom, while AD was defending Alessia and then Roe DC decided to make multiple attacks on Ash, clearly oblivious to the threat of EP having 4/5 emp keeps and a higher population. That perhaps explains Ash being so easy to capture. Do AD defend poorly? Frequently, often embarrassingly so. However, in this particular instance you can thank DC and superior numbers for getting emp before patting yourselves on the back and claiming the rest of us were just too tired to provide any real challenge.

To DC's credit, as someone who has played almost exclusively in BWB on various chars for over a year, I think that it is particularly sad that the last alliance to gain emp at a respectable time was DC all those weeks ago (as, I think, pppontus pointed out at the time). I must add in our defence, however, that on that day AD defended Alessia as the only remaining emp keep for well over 8 hours during which time EP barely succeeded in putting another emp keep ua having nightcapped themselves the night before. Nightcapping and ap tourists who promptly leave after getting emp to leave the rest of their alliance to deal with the fallout really are spoiling BWB at the moment. I hope this changes with the patch.

Apologies for the long-winded rant.

tl;dr You had superior numbers and for some reason which continues to escape me we had to fight on two fronts. Stop the pathetic gloating and get over it.

• Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, my comment was not at all directed exclusively on AD. DC also nightcaped the night before that and actually played larger part in easy emp as u said.
    And also u misunderstood intent of my comment.. I did not mean to gloat or patt anyone on the back as, as i said, there was absolutly no effort put into this emp, so no patting deserved - and thats the reason I even posted.

The connection I made beween nighcapping and poor def was a joke :) they r unrelated and problems on all 3 sides. I understand that ppl here cant speak or control everyone in you alliance, but lets try to spread the mentality that nightcapping isnt ideal playstyle.

Also would appreciate if DC at least try to get the scrolls back.. (Again, not trying to be vain or gloating - if u knew me u would know I care for balance and action much more then winning or being better - it just more fun with all 3 sides participating and dc numbers r weak last few days)

All that said - nice def today AD :)
    Edited by Tillalarrien on August 29, 2015 7:39AM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the main reason for lower numbers among DC than usual recently is that many are leveling their veterans in preparation for IC. And early morning hour emphood is kind of a lame achievement, no matter which alliance does it.

And that loooong defence of Alessia back then was awesome. /kowtow

Halcyon Black
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aethelgifu wrote: »

tl;dr You had superior numbers and for some reason which continues to escape me we had to fight on two fronts. Stop the pathetic gloating and get over it.

It's not our job to get AD to come online to play during the day. This post is pretty ironic after seeing your fellow ADer gloating about nightcapping all of EP's stuff a couple of pages ago, isn't it? ;)

I guess the pendulum has a way of swinging.
    Edited by Valencer on August 29, 2015 8:56AM
  • Traveller
    Traveller
    I think the main reason for lower numbers among DC than usual recently is that many are leveling their veterans in preparation for IC.

You are right about this, also 6 people last night told me they are going on holiday for a week or two. BWB may see low numbers for a while. Happy rain free bank holiday in the UK B) .
  • aethelgifu
    aethelgifu
    Soul Shriven
    [/quote]

It's not our job to get AD to come online to play during the day. This post is pretty ironic after seeing your fellow ADer gloating about nightcapping all of EP's stuff a couple of pages ago, isn't it? ;)

I guess the pendulum has a way of swinging.[/quote]

Wow. Thank you for confirming everything I said in the first paragraph of my post. Had you bothered to read it, you would know that the main gist was not to moan about EP having a higher population at that time of the day, rather I wanted to give more context on how EP got emp (even though - as Tillalarrien pointed out - it was not planned beforehand) and challenge the notion that no resistance was offered. In hindsight, we should have perhaps been more prepared considering EP's penchant for those ever so challenging midweek mid-morning emp runs. But of course, I suppose that you are right and that I am directly responsible for whatever any fellow ADer posts here in these forums, foolishly or otherwise. Just as whatever you or pppontus says is ironic whenever any member of EP or DC posts something contrary to what you have said or nightcaps.

Again, had you read it then you would have known that I pointed out the detrimental impact of nightcapping in my post. Indeed, AD very rarely nightcapped for months on end until the recent arrival of a few individuals, who I hope have learnt their lesson considering how it affected the penultimate campaign and AD losing its scrolls (though, at least we tried to get them back). I have also ranted against nightcapping in zone (a fact most BWB AD regulars will attest to) and /w and argued with those very few AD individuals who did the nightcapping. In fact, short of break into their homes at 4am in the morning and unplug their routers, there is not much more I can do...
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, unplug their routers. And I'll do the same to the few on our side who aim for early morning emphood. >:)
    Halcyon Black
  • aethelgifu
    aethelgifu
    Soul Shriven
    Oh if only this were possible (cloak > trespass)!!
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday everything up to Aleswell and Alessia was red for most of the day (on a *saturday*). Suddenly at midnight, DC and AD have the balls to make some serious pushes and DC manages to get Aleswell back. This is exactly what @Tillalarrien was talking about. Can't we have the fun action when the sun is up and about?

Just logged on for a quick peek at 10 am and suddenly BRK and Drakelowe are yellow, after AD couldnt even get Alessia back the entire previous day... :D

I'm not blaming you or any other AD/DC specifically. Just voicing my concerns on the absurdity of the situation.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    so aldmeri are enjoying the weak npc late night, all those tries to nightcap before, finally they can do it...

must be a nice feeling