The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.3

• nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

So, no mention of stage 4 vampires or transformed werewolves being noticed by guards. I guess Paul Sage really does not know what he is talking about when answering questions on ESO Live. He said that the guards "Would not like it" when asked about stage 4 vampires and transformed werewolves. But so far this has not been seen on the PTS, and no mention of it in any patchnotes.

So what is the issue?
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow (Tuesday, February 10th) we will be publishing patch 1.6.2 on the PTS. During this time, we will also be copying North American characters from the live server to the PTS. The stamp for the copy is being taken at approximately 8AM EST tomorrow (Tuesday, February 10th). This does mean that European characters will be wiped during the maintenance. VR14 template characters will be available for testing. Also, we plan to have one more character copy (for European characters) next week.
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the European megaserver characters have been copied as of early this morning, and are currently available to play on the PTS with patch 1.6.3.
    when I log on the PTS server just updated to 1.6.3.1, it says " NA characters have been copied to the PTS as of 2/16" Is it wrong???. I just logged on and all my characters are gone....so who is right?

2/10 was the date they patched to 1.6.2 and copied the NA characters from Live to PTS. Sure you're seeing 2/16 and not 2/10?

@Zershar_Vemod or @Ageless can you confirm?
    Edited by glak on February 18, 2015 1:28AM
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Oh and thank you for giving me one more character slot, since this update will make me drop my sorcerer. I like the Overcharge ability, but since its Light and Heavy attacks will not generate Ultimate points, there is no need for me to play one.

Again, thanks.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    evedgebah wrote: »
    Spell power is multiplied by 10.46 in the damage formula. Thus, a 2% increase will take your 1000 spell power and increase it to 1020 on your sheet, But that 20 is then multiplied by 10.46. Full sorc bar? 2%×6×10.46,extra damage.

Nope. You got the formula wrong. ;)
    Base Damage dealt = (10.46*Spell Damage + Max Magicka) * COEFF

When building for a high spell damage, I had about 2200 Spell Damage for 25,000 Magicka, which meant that each stat counted for about 50% of the Damage Dealt.

1 sorcerer skill on the bar = 1% damage increase if you build towards spell dmg

This new passive increases your listed (stat) Spell Damage, which then applies to every skill you use which uses spell damage, including Light/Heavy staff attacks, Dark Magic sorc skills, Daedric Magic sorc skills, Mage Guild skills, Vampire skills, and Undaunted skills.

And the trade is 10% higher cost on 3 skills that are commonly used, and 2 not commonly used in the Storm Calling tree only.

Stamina users can (must) make some changes to get this 10% reduction back, by changing their jewelry enchants to spell cost reduction, and have to spend some points in Champ System for spell cost reduction.

Seems ok to me. (see signature)

Ok, to put it simply:
    Putting a Mages Guild skill on the active bar will result in a greater improvement to caster stats than putting a sorcerer skill instead.

If your Max Magicka / Spell Damage ratio is greater than 10.46 you will get more damage from the Sorcerer Passive but you will still lose the 2% increased Magicka Recovery.
    If you use the “Hide Helmet” option, your facial customization options will be set to default when viewing them from this screen. This will not affect your face in-game.
    CZvoLVs.jpg
    I didn't like going bald on character page. :cry:
    Edited by Gyudan on February 18, 2015 1:31AM
    Wololo.
  • kurstein
    kurstein
    ✭✭✭
    is it the plan not to make Eveved a zone were you can steal (found no containers to steal from)

@Zos_jessicafolsom @Zos_ginabruno
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

And Gina, nothing against you. You just have the unlucky job as the Messenger. And you know what almost always happens to the Messenger.
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    OVERVIEW

Dragonknight
    • Earthen Heart
      • Mountain's Blessing: This passive ability now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds.

Nightblade
    • Siphoning
      • Transfer (generates ultimate): Reduced this passive’s cooldown to four seconds from six.

Sorcerer
    • Nothing

Templar
      • Dawn’s Wrath
        • Prism: This passive now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds at rank 1. The Ultimate gain per six seconds at rank 2 has been increased from 2 to 3.

I think the devs are trolling me ;) /jk

Please see our comments in this thread:
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148729/ultimate-generation-in-1-6#latest

And this one:
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/151998/update-1-6-2-comprehensive-class-ability-list-and-ways-to-balance-the-game-and-increase-diversity#latest

(I'm posting comprehensive, balanced, changes for all classes here)

To summarize:

-Align ultimate costs & effectiveness such that all classes have a 225, 125, 50 cost ability with similar effectiveness

-Remove all class passives that affect ultimate costs or increase ultimate generation
      -Make triggering ALL abilities generate 2 ultimate every time you trigger the ability (as long as you're in combat)

Rationale: 1) levelizes ultimate generation and costs across classes 2) speeds up generation somewhat from where we are now 3) frees up passive slots for more interesting class-specific passives
      Edited by Atarax on February 18, 2015 1:35AM
      50 Bosmer Nightblade
      50 Breton Sorcerer
      50 Dunmer Dragonknight
      50 Imperial Templar
      50 Khajit Nightblade
      50 Imperial Dragonknight
      50 Altmer Sorcerer
      50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
      Class Balance in 1.6
      Quest Choices
      Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
    • Tyr
      Tyr
      ✭✭✭✭
      Preyfar wrote: »
      Sometimes it takes a little time for the distributed patch files to get to their destination. It should speed up. If it doesn't improve shortly, you can try closing the launcher and restarting to see if it speeds up. If your download speed doesn't increase within an hour or so, you could put in a support ticket
      Every time a large patch is available I get an issue where it goes up to about 4-5MB/s then drops down to about 80-100, and will sit there at that speed until it's down. May be the issue he's having.

HOWEVER, if I quickly pause/restart the download on the launcher it instantly shoots back up to 4-5MB... and eventually will stay at that speed and trickle down to 80-100KB again. Pause/restart, back up.

Not sure if this is something with the launcher specifically, but I've noticed it on multiple computers and multiple 'net connections.

this is almost certainly your ISP throttling this kind of traffic. I get the same thing with my ISP and it's fixed when I turn on my VPN service.
      Edited by Tyr on February 18, 2015 1:38AM
    • Kuro1n
      Kuro1n
      ✭✭✭
      NotSo wrote: »
      @‌ZOS_GinaBruno, the drinks are listed under "Alchemy" in the notes, is this implying that they will now sit with potions instead of taking a buff spot with food?
      lolspeed_by_notsoaccurateno1-d8igfba.png
      I DON'T THIINK THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE CONNECTION
      Come on now, that is your harddrives speed not your connection. Don't confuse people lel. Although servers are working fine, DLing at 11mb/s.
    •  pvpaddict42
      pvpaddict42
      ✭✭✭
      Does anyone know if the 15% of the damage shield reduction is 15% off the shield or the skill that creates the shield. For instance, Templar Blazing Shield is 30% of Max Health...so is the new value 15% of Max Health or 15% off of whatever the 30% Max Health value is? Because if it's the former, that's a huge nerf...like a 50% nerf.
    • onlinegamer1
      onlinegamer1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      evedgebah wrote: »
      Spell power is multiplied by 10.46 in the damage formula. Thus, a 2% increase will take your 1000 spell power and increase it to 1020 on your sheet, But that 20 is then multiplied by 10.46. Full sorc bar? 2%×6×10.46,extra damage.

Nope. You got the formula wrong. ;)
      Base Damage dealt = (10.46*Spell Damage + Max Magicka) * COEFF

When building for a high spell damage, I had about 2200 Spell Damage for 25,000 Magicka, which meant that each stat counted for about 50% of the Damage Dealt.

1 sorcerer skill on the bar = 1% damage increase if you build towards spell dmg

This new passive increases your listed (stat) Spell Damage, which then applies to every skill you use which uses spell damage, including Light/Heavy staff attacks, Dark Magic sorc skills, Daedric Magic sorc skills, Mage Guild skills, Vampire skills, and Undaunted skills.

And the trade is 10% higher cost on 3 skills that are commonly used, and 2 not commonly used in the Storm Calling tree only.

Stamina users can (must) make some changes to get this 10% reduction back, by changing their jewelry enchants to spell cost reduction, and have to spend some points in Champ System for spell cost reduction.

Seems ok to me. (see signature)

Ok, to put it simply:
      Putting a Mages Guild skill on the active bar will result in a greater improvement to caster stats than putting a sorcerer skill instead.

If your Max Magicka / Spell Damage ratio is greater than 10.46 you will get more damage from the Sorcerer Passive but you will still lose the 2% increased Magicka Recovery.

Rather than theorycraft, lets use real builds:

Destro: Crystal Shard, Endless Fury, Velocious Curse, Entropy, Streak (Atronach Ulti)
      Resto: Healing Ward, Hardened Ward, Cleanse, Dark Exchange, Streak (Soul Assault Ulti)

Bar 1: 10% bonus which comes to a 5% real damage increase on all 6 skills on the bar. I pay 10% more cost on 2 of those skills.
      Bar 2: 6% bonus which comes to a 3% real damage (and healing!) increase on 3 skills on the bar. I pay 10% more cost for 1 skill.

I also gain 5% or 3% more damage on light/heavy attacks.

Now for a Stamina Buid:

2H: Wrecking Blow, Critical Charge, Hardened Ward, Streak, Rally (Flawless Dawnbreaker Ult)
      Bow: Venom Arrow, Snipe, Bombard, Streak, Critical Surge (Soul Assault Ult)

Bar 1: 4% bonus which means 2% real damage increase on 1 spell (Streak). I pay 10% more for that same spell.
      Bar 2: 4% bonus which means 2% real damage increase on 2 spells, I pay 10% more on both spells.

No bonus on light/heavy attacks.
      Edited by onlinegamer1 on February 18, 2015 1:52AM
    • Ageless
      Ageless
      ✭✭✭
      glak wrote: »
      ...or @Ageless can you confirm?
      As far as I rememeber, it said 2/16
      Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
      'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
      And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
      I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Lionxoft
      Lionxoft
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ageless wrote: »
      In the Wailing Prison, I get a message "Cannot log out while in combat". I wasn't trying to log out, all I did was right click the mouse to defend against the first guard.

@Ageless‌

It's a bug that ZOS has been ignoring since June 2014.
    • Ageless
      Ageless
      ✭✭✭
      Anyone, please help me remember, when will Legerdemain show up in World? Other than after you've committed a crime. I have committed a crime and it's not there yet, so either that's bugged, or I am not leveled up far enough yet (level 4), or stealing from a safebox in a bank isn't a big enough crime anymore these days. :)
      Jord.

• glak
      glak
      ✭✭✭
      Anyone, please help me remember, when will Legerdemain show up in World? Other than after you've committed a crime. I have committed a crime and it's not there yet, so either that's bugged, or I am not leveled up far enough yet (level 4), or stealing from a safebox in a bank isn't a big enough crime anymore these days. :)
      Unlock a chest (the kind that won't get you in trouble)
      Edited by glak on February 18, 2015 2:11AM
    • Ageless
      Ageless
      ✭✭✭
      Unlock a chest or commit a crime.
      Yeah, please read all of what I wrote. You quoted all, but never got past the first sentence?
      Edited by Ageless on February 18, 2015 2:12AM
      Jord.

• Merlight
      Merlight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Exstazik wrote: »
      That's how it should be:
      Storm Calling:reduce cost of skills in this skillline by 10%
      Expert Mage: This passive ability has been changed. It now grants 2%/4% Spell Power for each Sorcerer ability slotted .

I always viewed the passives that do X to skills in their line somewhat dull, filler abilities put in after the designers ran out of ideas. They're basically mandatory once you slot anything from that line, so why even pretend you have the option of not putting skill points in them?

Not sure whether there is a line-specific passive ability in every class line, but imagine one of the four passives you have in a class line was innate - its rank would grow naturally every 10 skill-line levels (up to rank 5) without spending a skill point, and its effect would scale with rank and also the number of active abilities from that line slotted. Now what with those 2 saved skill points? I would rescale the remainig three passives to 3 ranks, but only allow distributing a maximum of 8 SP among them - so you'd have to make a choice.
      EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
      The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
      Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
      When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
      Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
      ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    • glak
      glak
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah, please read all of what I wrote. You quoted all, but never got past the first sentence?
      I reread your sentence and made the appropriate edit to the best of my knowledge. If that doesn't work, then you've found a bug.
    • AssaultLemming
      AssaultLemming
      ✭✭✭✭

You need to fence the stolen item
    • glak
      glak
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks!
    • Ageless
      Ageless
      ✭✭✭
      Yup, that's the change. Thanks for the confirmation, though. :)
      Jord.

• themizario
      themizario
      ✭✭✭
      Grind nerfed...again

Craglorn
      Spellscar: Fixed a group of Atronachs and Spellfiends that were respawning far too quickly.
    • themizario
      themizario
      ✭✭✭
      Is thereadd-on to remind us to light attack every 8 seconds?
    • Ysne58
      Ysne58
      ✭✭✭✭✭

find a fence and sell what you stole, pick pocket, commit murder, pick locks

• kurstein
      kurstein
      ✭✭✭
      how can I get bounty on me if I sneak att. 1 alone npc in a house and by the way it is my NB and I stun for 8 sec the npc never com out of stun before they are death. so the npc cant yell and alone so nobody see it

please
      @zos_jessicafolsom or @zos_ginabruno cant you give me info or look in to it?
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear" all hail the night mother
    • TagaParti
      TagaParti
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS, i have no complain about DKs mountain blessing's nerf, but the passive name no longer matches with its name as a blessing from the mountains, it is no longer a blessing. my suggestion is that you just take away that 1 ultimate every 6 seconds, it is useless to be honest. i would prefer to have an additional recovery, a bit will do, and it is more of a blessing in that way. thank you
      :D
      Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
      Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
      Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
      youtube channel: tagaparti
    • Laplace
      Laplace
      ✭✭✭
      Zenimax wants everyone to stop playing Sorcs. They want to kill this class. There is no other explanation at this point.
    • Merlight
      Merlight
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah for solo instancing at least allow it to be 2 deaths, mistakes happen and I'd rather not quit an instance just to get the normal difficulty back up.

I bet many people would like to opt-out of this completely.
      EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
      The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
      Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
      When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
      Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
      ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    • Lava_Croft
      Lava_Croft
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      hmm, no race changes..darn

still interesting stuff
      Looking at all the various racial passives makes me wonder why this does not seem a priority. The disparity is quite obvious.
    • madangrypally
      madangrypally
      ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tested if Damage Shields can now suffer critical hits. I know Surge is allowing the heal but I rather not assume anything.