Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.3

• ForKristSake
    ForKristSake
    ✭✭
    The changes to the Justice System sound very well thought out. Thanks for not changing the number of entrances, but also for putting a bank in the Refuge.

Btw, I have a sorc who used the hell out of Overload and I am not on Team The-Sky-Is-Falling.

Okay, sorry, everyone.... continue your whoafest....
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    c0rp wrote: »
    Surge mana cost nerfed.
    Bolt Escape mana cost nerfed.
    Execute ability mana cost nerfed.
    Overload nerfed.
    Crystal Fragments procs NOT fixed.

Gained +6% spell damage....I JUST lol'd in my office as I typed this post...Im not even kidding.

Someone is bad at math then, this is a pretty big buff when it comes to dps and how champion points scale. Once you get some points, magicka is the last of your worries. They just turned a passive that ends up being useless in end game into a passive that boosts your dps. But everyone here complaining are people that have spent 0 time on the pts soo yeah.

Its also not an overload nerf, overload still does more damage on PTS than live, they just scaled back the buff because it is destroying people on PTS. This is a minor scaleback of the original buff they gave which was 50%. Its like you people don't even read/test... you basically armchair complain at everything.

Yes, someone is bad at math here. Assume you play a stamina based sorcerer (Redguard).

You are short on Magicka, because you have to spec all in stamina now. So casting Streak, Boundless Armor, Surge becomes more expensive.

The extra spell damage will not help you with your main damage pool and not increase the buffs, whoose values are fixed now. And with stamina based racials you can only make a mediocre magicka based build.

ZOS finally reached the point where Sorc is a Magicka DD class only. I made some experiments and with a template DK and largely inadequate gear I do about 15% more DPS than with my Sorc (copy from live and respeced on PTS). There is still potential left for the DK, as far as I can see. And for the record: My DK test build had more health, less stamina and more mitigation than the Sorc build, but yet had the higher damage output.
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    Sleevez340 wrote: »
    Mountain's Blessing: This passive ability now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds.

Prism: This passive now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds at rank 1. The Ultimate gain per six seconds at rank 2 has been increased from 2 to 3.

Is this real? I play a templar, but for christs sakes knock it off. Its very clear that you are just picking a class and making op for now, this is some grade a blizzard bulls***. This is a BLATANT idiotic change. How can you think your player base is so blind? I can't fathom the thought process that triggers something so ridiculous.

not saying I agree with it, but the one thing everyone seems to be overlooking is the fact that earthen heart abilities can be used out of combat... could build ultimate just like on live and have your ultimate ready at will, nothing in dawns wrath can be used out of combat
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌ZOS_GinaBruno, the drinks are listed under "Alchemy" in the notes, is this implying that they will now sit with potions instead of taking a buff spot with food?
    lolspeed_by_notsoaccurateno1-d8igfba.png
    I DON'T THIINK THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE CONNECTION
    Edited by NotSo on February 18, 2015 12:36AM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I am on North American server. Can I just switch server?
    No, it's just one mega server that is currently catering to characters on the EU mega server on Live (production).

In the upper left corner of the character creation screen is a drop down. Pick the VR 14 Template from there and go wild. You'll be given a container of gear to choose from.

Edited by glak on February 18, 2015 12:12AM
  • ForKristSake
    ForKristSake
    ✭✭
    Justice System
    • Bankers that were added to the Outlaws Refuges do not currently have VO.

Good. They should keep their mouths shut anyway. I'm trying to run an illegal operation here.
  • chrisvoyerb16_ESO
    chrisvoyerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You do not understand. I do not want to start again from the beginning. I prefer not to play. I have built characters that I like and you do not want to copy them.
    I am going to cancel my subscription. Do not update if you cannot copy characters.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Mountain's Blessing: This passive ability now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds.

Prism: This passive now grants only one Ultimate every six seconds at rank 1. The Ultimate gain per six seconds at rank 2 has been increased from 2 to 3.

Is this real? I play a templar, but for christs sakes knock it off. Its very clear that you are just picking a class and making op for now, this is some grade a blizzard bulls***. This is a BLATANT idiotic change. How can you think your player base is so blind? I can't fathom the thought process that triggers something so ridiculous.

not saying I agree with it, but the one thing everyone seems to be overlooking is the fact that earthen heart abilities can be used out of combat... could build ultimate just like on live and have your ultimate ready at will, nothing in dawns wrath can be used out of combat
    Solar Barrage can be used out of combat.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Ryzium wrote: »
    All stormcalling abilities got an increase in cost, that is not counting the increase in cost passively by not having the 10% increase in cost from changing the expert mage passive.

As I know many people have posted, a 10% increase spell power only equates to about 3-4% increase in damage which is a generous statement.

The nerf to Overload, the only good ultimate for solo PvP and PvE, just got super nerfed, and that is after the nerf to Negate Magic. Only have 4% increased damage is ludicrous. I am confised on the "buffs" this ability gives us. since the magicka return is laughable low and doesnt scale off max magicka but rather level.

Surge can now proc on shields which isnt a buff its a fix to a bug. Also because you can now apply on hit effects to shields that means you can crit a shield... a shield that doesnt mitigate any damage. Finally crit surge has a cool down on the heal and power surge cost much more than the mages guild ability entropy and its morphs which gives the same buffs and then some.

People who dont play sorcs dont understand that our dps and utility abilities costs ALLOT. We have the highest costing dps abilities in the game BEFORE 1.6 After 1.6 we are going to have stupid high costs on top of passives and actives that are worthless in every build other than 1.

ie: pets and their passives only work for pet builds. Not to mention the increase health recovery passive and the crit passive which both are worthless.

Sorcs shouldnt become the new DK's and face roll everyone but to nerf a class that has been nerfed since patch 1.1 is very disheartening. Give sorcs an ability that is instant cast and deal physical damage from a reasonable 12m range and no sorc will ever complain again.

To be fair, if sorcs ever got a spammable dps skill with frags we would be supremely powerful since we could shred block spamming classes and have an ability to proc frags with that deal good sustain damage.

END RANT

(I've yet to do any pve theorycrafting for the sorc since I don't have any particular want to play one for raids/etc and will just continue using my dk for those purposes).

Gee, I wonder why that is??

Gee, I don't know... maybe because I don't want to bring a character I've yet to raid with into Sanctum Ophidia and Vet DSA? Or maybe it's because I don't want to play the DK very much at this point and will use him as a raid mule primarily, since I already know how to play it extremely well? Yeah, the latter, actually.

Maybe I'll use the sorc later for some pve, but I've little care to spend heaps of time theorycrafting it right now when I have no need to do so. It's telling that you chose to respond to only just a tiny aside thrown in parentheses in my long & fairly detailed post.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do not understand. I do not want to start again from the beginning. I prefer not to play. I have built characters that I like and you do not want to copy them.
    I am going to cancel my subscription. Do not update if you cannot copy characters.
    You can create template characters at VR14 with access to all abilities and champion points.
    Wololo.
  • Ryzium
    Ryzium
    ✭✭✭
    Mages Fury does 1391 dmg without the new passive for sorcs
    Mages Fury does 1463 with the new passive

Explosion w/ 4495
    Explosion w/o 4726

So my dps increase with 5 sorc abilities slotted (10% more spell power) is a little more than 5% where as my casts are reduced by 5%...

So to lay out my point. In a PvE boss fight where the dps's are spamming executes I will be doing less damage because the amount of times I can cast my ability is less than the spell power dps increase i get from the new passive.

In terms of PvE dps I would say this is a nerf. PvP wise it seems to be a burst damage buff
    Ryzium
    • V1 Nightblade - Soul Rend
    • 26 DK - Ryzium
    My Stream
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

Solar Barrage can be used out of combat.

my mistake, I forgot about solar barrage since I use dark flare 99% of the time, though im not sure if it gives ult unless it hits something.. will have to test to see
    Edited by kungmoo on February 18, 2015 12:35AM
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno,

Was this patch supposed to get rid of all my copied characters on PTS ?

Additionally, character creator is bugged for me
    - options do not show up, changing hair color resets things, etc.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on February 18, 2015 12:34AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭

they cant have the EU and NA chars copied at the same time because im sure some of them share the same name etc. they give the NA chars a copy to test for a week, then the EU a week, and so back and forth to be fair to both servers
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    First bug, kind of. When making a new character, telling it to use the VR14 template, then changing the gear preview, the character disappears.

Can get it back by going back to No template, but that also resets the character completely to Breton.
    Can also get it back by trying to turn the character around.

** That's not in the known problems list. :)
    Edited by Ageless on February 18, 2015 12:39AM
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Xiroku
    Xiroku
    ✭✭✭
    Magician and Warlord under The Tower give 15.8% at max, before this patch wasn't it 25%?...Or I might be thinking of something else...but Bashing Focus still says 6.3%.

And...about how much % is 4736 spell penetration?...
    Edited by Xiroku on February 18, 2015 12:43AM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh....was this update supposed ot get rid of all my copied characters....?
    Ageless wrote: »
    First bug, kind of. When making a new character, telling it to use the VR14 template, then changing the gear preview, the character disappears.

Can get it back by going back to No template, but that also resets the character completely to Breton.

** That's not in the known problems list. :)

Getting this too.

I can't customize a thing without it resetting, changing me into a female of random race, and changing my faction..
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes it takes a little time for the distributed patch files to get to their destination. It should speed up. If it doesn't improve shortly, you can try closing the launcher and restarting to see if it speeds up. If your download speed doesn't increase within an hour or so, you could put in a support ticket
    Every time a large patch is available I get an issue where it goes up to about 4-5MB/s then drops down to about 80-100, and will sit there at that speed until it's down. May be the issue he's having.

HOWEVER, if I quickly pause/restart the download on the launcher it instantly shoots back up to 4-5MB... and eventually will stay at that speed and trickle down to 80-100KB again. Pause/restart, back up.

Not sure if this is something with the launcher specifically, but I've noticed it on multiple computers and multiple 'net connections.
    Edited by Preyfar on February 18, 2015 12:44AM
  • chrisvoyerb16_ESO
    chrisvoyerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    when I log on the PTS server just updated to 1.6.3.1, it says " NA characters have been copied to the PTS as of 2/16" Is it wrong???. I just logged on and all my characters are gone....so who is right?
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    O I am fully aware some earthen heart abilities generate ult out of combat. Its painfully slow and a waste of time from my perspective. Its not like you can burn three mobs, spam a few abilities and the ult is recharged or kill a few players then (hide?) spam and its recharged. You would have to get the ult cost pretty low for it to be effective.
  • HyperToxic
    HyperToxic
    ✭✭✭
    On 1.6.3 Sea of Flames now gives 20% Spell Crit where Inner Light only gives 10%. They no longer stack. Is this an intentional buff to DKs?
    V14 Sorc / V14 Templar / V14 Dk / V5 NB

• Khorak
    Khorak
    Soul Shriven
    Favorite parts of these patch notes:
    -Arx Corinium - Matron Ixniaa and her minions have overcome their fear of crossing bridges. For real this time.
    -Gameplay -Bashing critters now kills them. They are fragile, and we are monsters.
    -Alchemy - Template potions awarding multiple Magicka effects will no longer claim to provide 0 Spell Critical Rating. That was never really true, and they should feel bad for lying.
    -Pickpocketing & Trespassing - Fixed an issue where failing a pickpocket against a guard would cause that guard to always try to kill you, instead of simply arresting you. Guards will no longer declare eternal blood feuds.
    :smiley:
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 18, 2015 12:53AM
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Character creation screen, having clicked "Create character" I get the option to skip the Wailing prison (tab) or to play it (E).

I clicked Escape instead to go back to the character creation menu. When now clicking "Create Character", the option to skip the Wailing prison is no longer given, we're going to the prison immediately.
    Jord.

• Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    In the Wailing Prison, I get a message "Cannot log out while in combat". I wasn't trying to log out, all I did was right click the mouse to defend against the first guard.
    Jord.

• evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    Spell power is multiplied by 10.46 in the damage formula. Thus, a 2% increase will take your 1000 spell power and increase it to 1020 on your sheet, But that 20 is then multiplied by 10.46. Full sorc bar? 2%×6×10.46,extra damage.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »
    Spell power is multiplied by 10.46 in the damage formula. Thus, a 2% increase will take your 1000 spell power and increase it to 1020 on your sheet, But that 20 is then multiplied by 10.46. Full sorc bar? 2%×6×10.46,extra damage.

Nope. You got the formula wrong. ;)
    Base Damage dealt = (10.46*Spell Damage + Max Magicka) * COEFF

When building for a high spell damage, I had about 2200 Spell Damage for 25,000 Magicka, which meant that each stat counted for about 50% of the Damage Dealt.

1 sorcerer skill on the bar = 1% damage increase if you build towards spell dmg

If you compare it with the Mages Guild passive that gives 2% max magicka and 2% magicka regeneration, the DPS increase is about the same, with the additional sustain from the recovery.
    If you consider that pets aren't affected by spell dmg, this is even worse.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 18, 2015 1:19AM
    Wololo.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dk have other good passives you cant just single out one and go not fair its not exact copy. DK have got to play the whole game with the best passive by far, battle roar. and they still have it, although not as good with ult changes. try not to oversimplify, balance does not mean literally exactly the same, it means overall taking into account everything, that it evens out and is competitively equal in different ways: no easy task but nobody wants carbon copy classes. I could easily say its not fair i dont get battle roar, every class deserves a free tripot for using the most powerfull move they have, but I hardly think that s productive.
    I have got 900 health for casting banner, 900! and at that time was a v6 dk
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks someone for listening. Haven't passed the river yet in the Wailing prison and am not walking crooked under the weight of the lockpicks. Only have 11 of those.

However, now we're having a tad too much natural water. I have 56 of those already. Aside from the one bottle in my prison, they all come in packs of 5 bottles per container.
    Jord.

• onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    evedgebah wrote: »

Nope. You got the formula wrong. ;)
    Base Damage dealt = (10.46*Spell Damage + Max Magicka) * COEFF

When building for a high spell damage, I had about 2200 Spell Damage for 25,000 Magicka, which meant that each stat counted for about 50% of the Damage Dealt.

1 sorcerer skill on the bar = 1% damage increase if you build towards spell dmg

This new passive increases your listed (stat) Spell Damage, which then applies to every skill you use which uses spell damage, including Light/Heavy staff attacks, Dark Magic sorc skills, Daedric Magic sorc skills, Mage Guild skills, Vampire skills, and Undaunted skills.

And the trade is 10% higher cost on 3 skills that are commonly used, and 2 not commonly used in the Storm Calling tree only.

Stamina users can (must) make some changes to get this 10% reduction back, by changing their jewelry enchants to spell cost reduction, and have to spend some points in Champ System for spell cost reduction.

Seems ok to me. (see signature)