ESO+ Subscription Benefits Suggestions

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @tordr86b16_ESO, check out this thread... Lots of suggestions for ESO+ here :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since ZOS is open to the idea of enhancing ESO+ (the crafting bag comment) I thought it would be nice to revisit this thread. Anyone else have any thoughts or desires for ESO+ benefits?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added a couple benefit suggestions for the ESO+ section of the Crown Store that takes ZOS' marketing tactics into consideration. :win:

I added:
    • Longer access to limited time items: ZOS could add limited sale items to the ESO+ section of the crown store one week early... and take them out one week later.
    • More frequent Limited Item Rotation: If ZOS is planning to have a specific item only available one time a year in the Crown Store, it could be available one additional time per year in the ESO+ section of the crown store.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expanded Enlightment bank please like 1 month.
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well atm ESO+ is nothing special that is for sure if look at other game that have similar F2P and subscribe model build in to there games the have alot more benefit for them that do subscribe to there game then to them that use F2P.

Which basically made me feel i get more value from those game when youi subscribe to them then you do to ESO atm i mean just look at the so call bundle the are go to sell when Orsinium DLC well come out which well includes Orsinium DLC game pack, the Cave Bear Mount, the Cave Bear Cub, and five Crown Experience Scrolls sure it will come 5000 crown come out and what do i get as ESO+ member eeeee nothing ohhh wait i just get Orsinium DLC if i want rest off those item in bundle i have buy for full price on crown store and i need to buy separate from each other.

Point i'm try to make ZoS is cuddle with wrong player in this game the do so it more worth not to be ESO+ member which is bad for in long run have people pay a subscribe insure that get steady flow of money every month.

Here is some idea i think would make ESO+ worth subscribe to
    • ESO+ member should get 10% discount in store
    • ESO+ member should get early access all DLC
    • ESO+ member should get infront of any queue in this game
    • ESO+ member should get rest exp both in PvE and PvP
    • ESO+ member should get more Character slot dubble what we have now
    • ESO+ member should not have any No Currency Cap
    • ESO+ member should get more bag space in both the Inventory and Bank
    • ESO+ member should have Unlimited Chat

Ofc leave those benefit we have today as ESO+ member

And do as SWTOR is doing to there new expansion if you subscribe to game all way to release date you get ingame item in our case it would be the Cave Bear Mount, the Cave Bear Cub and maybe those five Crown Experience Scrolls

This just few thing that i would like to see ESO+ member should get and this what most other mmo have which use both F2P and subscribe model in there mmo and i think if ZoS would add those feature i post or similar to what i post think more people would start subscribe.

For thing is as ESO+ member you want to feel special and have more benefit then normal player have otherwise what point of pay a subscribe fee if you dont get any special benefit then other???
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's one:

All ESO+ members should receive their monthly crowns without having to contact MS and ZoS umpteen dozen times over a 3 week period, then do it all again month after month.
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's one, for this repeatedly necroed, then continually ignored, thread:

ESO+ members should get 50% off crown store purchases.

Yes, you read that right ... 50% off.

I'm tired of constantly paying a monthly sub (which I have, since early release), only to have the crowns gained from said sub be outstripped by the crown store price gouging.

Case in point: Part of my sub was, no doubt, used in creating the horrendous in-game Glass motif acquisition rate ... A system that was also, no doubt, specifically designed in an attempt to *force* me to spend 5,000 crowns.
    That's more than 3 months worth of sub crowns ... For a subscriber!
    An extra $40 for a motif that I already paid to develop? That ticks me off.

The price, at most, should have been 3,000 crowns for non-sub holders, and 1,500 crowns for ESO+ members.

Marketing 101: Never cut your own revenue stream by over valuing your merchandise.

Common sense 101: Never bite the hand that feeds ya.

And for those who wonder: No, I did not, and will not, buy the Glass motif for $40 worth of crowns. That's ridiculous.

TL;DR:
    Antagonistic game design is dangerous to the integrity of the Elder Scrolls IP.
    ESO+ members should get 50% off crown store purchases.

Childish twist, to lighten it up: You can't tell me *when* to spend my money. You're not the boss of me!

Sincerely,
    ~GTech_1
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not like these suggestions. I think they will make the game much, much worse.

The benefits are great right now. People should not earn DLC just because they subscribed. It should be rented.

What you people in this thread do not understand is that you get 1500 crowns pr. month and free access to DLC.
    Others have to pay for it with crowns. You should not get access to the DLC after unsubbing and keep to pay your crowns that is simply unfair.

@GTech_1 I think a discount might come in hand but not 50 %. Way too much. More like 10 %.
    Marketing 201: Set your value of the item to match the interest of the market.

Common sense 201: People will always want more, do not give in too easily to greedy customers.

Also, vote with your wallet! If the Glass motif is too expensive then do not buy. This is the best solution for everybody.
    Edited by BlackEar on October 10, 2015 12:39PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • grumlins
    grumlins
    ✭✭✭
    I'd personally like a much much higher XP boost that's for sure, as well as a veteran system that actually counts the amount of time you are subbed.

Ever played Rift? Rift's sub actually counts that and you get awesome rewards like mounts, pets, cosmetics, special skins etc.

I think it's definitely time for an upgrade.
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    I do not like these suggestions. I think they will make the game much, much worse.

The benefits are great right now. People should not earn DLC just because they subscribed. It should be rented.

What you people in this thread do not understand is that you get 1500 crowns pr. month and free access to DLC.
    Others have to pay for it with crowns. You should not get access to the DLC after unsubbing and keep to pay your crowns that is simply unfair.

@GTech_1 I think a discount might come in hand but not 50 %. Way too much. More like 10 %.

Common sense 201: People will always want more, do not give in too easily to greedy customers.

Also, vote with your wallet! If the Glass motif is too expensive then do not buy. This is the best solution for everybody.

Greedy customers?
    I certainly hope you realize the Glass motif costs $40 ...

By comparison:
    The entire boxed game costs $60 ...
    And 3 months sub costs $45 ...

Greed is definitely part of the equation, but it is certainly not on my side.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »

Greedy customers?

By comparison:

It's just the way it is nowadays. Rather than side with their fellow consumers, a lot of consumers now come down on the side of the companies/corporations. They would rather call their fellow consumers greedy, entitled, spoilt etc rather than question modern day gaming practices by both devs and publishers. I find it's not even worth the hassle arguing the toss over this, because more often than not, it's akin to pissing against the wind.

If anything and taking this logic into account , I think ZoS are undervaluing their products. They could have probably priced the glass motif at $50-60 and still people would have bought it and defended it. Seriously, it's not worth wasting your time on people who only see fault with their fellow consumers and none with the current pricing polices in gaming.

I do agree with the person you're quoting. Vote with your wallet as that's all you can do.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antagonistic game design is dangerous to the integrity of the Elder Scrolls IP.

I agree.

Two forces at work inside ZOS team up pretty well. One wants new Motifs and materials to be challenging to get so that first day players are not already using it. The other wants revenue from hard to find or inconvenient to attain items. In the end, all it looks like is the latter and ZOS comes off as greedy. It looks like they are making the game solely to drive Store business.

ZOS is grabbing money as fast as they can by whatever means they think they can get people to spend money on. They know that the ESO ride is not going to last forever. They have the revenue and player numbers and these are graphed and analyzed a million different ways. They know what is coming. They will do whatever is necessary to squeeze as much revenue out of ESO as they can possibly manage to get, while they can get it.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I added a couple benefit suggestions for the ESO+ section of the Crown Store that takes ZOS' marketing tactics into consideration. :win:

I added:
    • Longer access to limited time items: ZOS could add limited sale items to the ESO+ section of the crown store one week early... and take them out one week later.
    • More frequent Limited Item Rotation: If ZOS is planning to have a specific item only available one time a year in the Crown Store, it could be available one additional time per year in the ESO+ section of the crown store.

@Gidorick ... A lot of people have wanted the subscriber rewards program to return. One possible nuance to this is to have periodic Store items available only to ESO Plus members as a subscription reward. For a limited time, a couple times per year, a special ESO Plus Store item would sell to anyone that has a fixed number of consecutive ESO Plus months at the time.

For example: for everyone who is currently an ESO Plus subscriber, and has been for at least 60 days, a special mount or costume for 100 Crowns (or even 1 Crown), available for only 2 weeks.

To make this a reward, not an achievement, the consecutive number of days should be the same each time, be longer than a month, and offered for a limited time. A different item would be offered each time, but they could return after time on the shelf. This would only happen as a special event a couple times per year, but no more frequently than the consecutive duration required. It should not happen at the same time each year. Crown costs should not be too high, otherwise it looks like ZOS is just trying to grab back the 1500 Crowns/mo.

Edited by Elsonso on October 10, 2015 1:42PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Flyersfan314
    Flyersfan314
    ✭✭✭
    As a premium member I just want to show how I am better than anyone who is not. An emoticon of me relieving myself on another player would be well worth 15 dollars an hour.
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, folks. This thread is deviating into an off topic debate over the semantics of the word "subscription," rather than discussing the topic at hand (the suggestions outlined in the original post). Please steer the discussion back on topic. Thanks! :)

Bigger xp boost for Subs...
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BlackEar

I'm sorry but you clearly have not play much off other F2P/B2P mmo the fact the most of them have those item i suggest as benefit for there paying customer and it have not much worse it is more or less other way around. People keep pay those subscribe for the think the get value from be subscribe member for atm the benefit in ZoS is not worth pay for to be honest for benefit of being a ESO+ member dont out weight be F2P member which in the end will hurt ESO more then have steady flow of cash coming every month.

For basically the more steady cash flow you get in to the company more you put in to make game even better and maybe hire more people that will speed up DLC so it will be a win win for all in long run.

It dont matter how much you go argument agains me fact is that ZoS is company and the need to earn money at the end of day so gave ESO+ member better benefit will gave ZoS steady flow of cash as the have today.
    Edited by Wolfshead on October 10, 2015 2:57PM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prof_Bawbag

Greedy customers?

By comparison:

It's just the way it is nowadays. Rather than side with their fellow consumers, a lot of consumers now come down on the side of the companies/corporations. They would rather call their fellow consumers greedy, entitled, spoilt etc rather than question modern day gaming practices by both devs and publishers. I find it's not even worth the hassle arguing the toss over this, because more often than not, it's akin to pissing against the wind.

If anything and taking this logic into account , I think ZoS are undervaluing their products. They could have probably priced the glass motif at $50-60 and still people would have bought it and defended it. Seriously, it's not worth wasting your time on people who only see fault with their fellow consumers and none with the current pricing polices in gaming.

I do agree with the person you're quoting. Vote with your wallet as that's all you can do.

Taking what logic into account? You did not provide any logic. You simply gave us a lot of premises.

I agree that the glass motif is too expensive. Which is why I said vote with your wallet. However, I do not agree that the 50 % discount should be applied nor that we should "earn" the DLC after X amount of months because we already the currency to purchase it which is what brings value to the subscription.

I do not care for what I consider accusations by the way and I do not believe it promotes a good discussion.

Wolfshead wrote: »
    @BlackEar

I'm sorry but you clearly have not play much off other F2P/B2P mmo the fact the most of them have those item i suggest as benefit for there paying customer and it have not much worse it is more or less other way around. People keep pay those subscribe for the think the get value from be subscribe member for atm the benefit in ZoS is not worth pay for to be honest for benefit of being a ESO+ member dont out weight be F2P member which in the end will hurt ESO more then have steady flow of cash coming every month.

For basically the more steady cash flow you get in to the company more you put in to make game even better and maybe hire more people that will speed up DLC so it will be a win win for all in long run.

It dont matter how much you go argument agains me fact is that ZoS is company and the need to earn money at the end of day so gave ESO+ member better benefit will gave ZoS steady flow of cash as the have today.

We have to consider ESO. It is okay to get inspiration from other business models but let us not forget that each is unique and what works for one game might not work for another. Simply because other businesses use another model does not mean that it's good for our game.

As I said, we can talk about improving the experience for ESO+ members, but it is important to not leave the "normal" members in the dirt. It is clear that this thread is filled by biased consumers. Of course you have your opinion but I am afraid these suggestions will polarize the players.
    Edited by BlackEar on October 12, 2015 11:07AM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the suggestions in the OP aren't "considering ESO" @BlackEar ? When making the list I explicitly considered ESO. That's why I included all the reference subscription benefits from other and why I said:
    Gidorick wrote:
    There are MANY benefits here that should NEVER be held behind the ESO Plus Subscription like the ability to sprint, additional command slots or GUI advantages.

For ease of reference, here is the list from the OP:
    ESO PLUS SUGGESTED LIST OF BENNEFITS
    • 1500 crowns per 30-day membership period: Current Benefit
    • Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to experience point gain Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to crafting research Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to gold acquisition Current Benefit
    • 10% Public Crown Store discount: This would entice players to buy more as subscribers!
    • Ownership of DLC as Loyalty Bonuses over time If DLC pack 1 costs $45 require players be subscribed for a TOTAL of 4 non-consecutive months to own this DLC. If DLC pack 2 costs $30, require players be subscribed for an additional 3 months (7) to own this DLC. The total cost of the months subscribed should be MORE than the cost of the DLC. Players shouldn't lose access to these owned DLC if they unsubscribe.
    • Able to join up to 10 Guilds Players who subscribe should be able to join more guilds than those who do not. The additional guilds should be under the "subscriber guilds" and should be clear as to which the player will loose access to if they unsubscribe.
    • +4 Additional Character slots Players should have access to an additional 4 character slots, which they loose access to if they unsubscribe.
    • Priority queuing when entering game and zoning: Subscribers should be at the front of the line to get into the game and to move from one area to another.
    • Access to a subscriber-exclusive area of the Crown Store. In a special subscriber-only area of the crown store players will still have to buy items with Crowns but the 10% Subscriber discount should NOT apply to these items. ALL players should be able to view the Subscriber Crown Store, but only Subscribers should be able to buy from it. Additionally, this could include the following 3 features.
      • 1 month early access to all Costumes and Mounts: Giving a month's early access to Costumes and Mounts will do a lot to make subscriptions desirable. Subscribers who buy these items early will not get the 10% crown store discount.
      • 5 day early access to all DLC expansions: Giving 5 days early access will entice players who feel like they must play the newest content right away won't be able to resist subscribing!
      • Ability to purchase the Pledge of Mara: Only in the Subscriber Crown Store should the Pledge of Mara be able to be purchased.
    • Monthly Subscriber Treasure Maps: Each month, Subscribers should get at least 1 map (1 in each faction would be nice) that leads players to treasures. These treasures could include special subscriber items.

(The below suggestions are dependent on features I’ve suggested that are not currently in ESO)
    Edited by Gidorick on October 12, 2015 2:42PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of the suggestions in the OP aren't "considering ESO" @BlackEar ? When making the list I explicitly considered ESO. That's why I included all the reference subscription benefits from other and why I said:
    Gidorick wrote:
    There are MANY benefits here that should NEVER be held behind the ESO Plus Subscription like the ability to sprint, additional command slots or GUI advantages.

For ease of reference, here is the list from the OP:
    ESO PLUS SUGGESTED LIST OF BENNEFITS
    • 1500 crowns per 30-day membership period: Current Benefit
    • Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to experience point gain Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to crafting research Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to gold acquisition Current Benefit
    • 10% Public Crown Store discount: This would entice players to buy more as subscribers!
    • Ownership of DLC as Loyalty Bonuses over time If DLC pack 1 costs $45 require players be subscribed for a TOTAL of 4 non-consecutive months to own this DLC. If DLC pack 2 costs $30, require players be subscribed for an additional 3 months (7) to own this DLC. The total cost of the months subscribed should be MORE than the cost of the DLC. Players shouldn't lose access to these owned DLC if they unsubscribe.
    • Able to join up to 10 Guilds Players who subscribe should be able to join more guilds than those who do not. The additional guilds should be under the "subscriber guilds" and should be clear as to which the player will loose access to if they unsubscribe.
    • +4 Additional Character slots Players should have access to an additional 4 character slots, which they loose access to if they unsubscribe.
    • Priority queuing when entering game and zoning: Subscribers should be at the front of the line to get into the game and to move from one area to another.
    • Access to a subscriber-exclusive area of the Crown Store. In a special subscriber-only area of the crown store players will still have to buy items with Crowns but the 10% Subscriber discount should NOT apply to these items. ALL players should be able to view the Subscriber Crown Store, but only Subscribers should be able to buy from it. Additionally, this could include the following 3 features.
      • 1 month early access to all Costumes and Mounts: Giving a month's early access to Costumes and Mounts will do a lot to make subscriptions desirable. Subscribers who buy these items early will not get the 10% crown store discount.
      • 5 day early access to all DLC expansions: Giving 5 days early access will entice players who feel like they must play the newest content right away won't be able to resist subscribing!
      • Ability to purchase the Pledge of Mara: Only in the Subscriber Crown Store should the Pledge of Mara be able to be purchased.
    • Monthly Subscriber Treasure Maps: Each month, Subscribers should get at least 1 map (1 in each faction would be nice) that leads players to treasures. These treasures could include special subscriber items.

(The below suggestions are dependent on features I’ve suggested that are not currently in ESO)

Hello @Gidorick I believe the changes to the guild store in regards to accessing otherwise outdated crown store items is fine as well as a subscription only crown store. I do not believe early access, additional guilds (unfair disadvantage) more character slots (should be purchaseable in crown store), or priority queueing is the way to go.

In reference what I meant with considering ESO was the previous comment in regards to the huge discounts and not the original comment.

Achievement hunter:

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough. We can just agree to disagree :wink:

Early access to cosmetic items offers no advantage. and I agree character slots should be available in the crown store as well. Priority queuing being unfair is... arguable.

I do not get what advantage a player would have from being in more guilds though... access to more guild stores? eh... I don't think that's a big deal.

I do agree that there shouldn't be too large of a discount. The discount should be an incentive to buy not a money saving mechanic for the player.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldnt all those who buy all DCLs get ESO+ benefits.
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then your point about the benefits being good "for a buy to pay game" must be measured against the secret world.

The Secret World
    -The Time Accelerator. This clickable item increases experience gain for defeating monsters by 100% for 1 hour and has a 23 hour cool-down. This item can only be used by Members and Grand Masters.
    -$10 worth of Bonus Points given out every month which can be used towards any product in the Item Store of The Secret World (bonus points are valid for 6 months).
    -Membership Item-of-the-month gift (given out every month).
    -10% discount to everything in the Item Store including Content Packs (discounts to the Item Store do not stack with other offers).
    -Early Access to any new DLC (usually 3 days before non-members get access)

Elder Scrolls Online
    -1500 crowns per 30-day membership period
    -Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership
    -10% bonus to experience point gain
    -10% bonus to crafting research
    -10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    -10% bonus to gold acquisition

Just looking at these two, I would call it a draw. The secret world doesn't give access to its DLC which are called "issues", but there are membership items, 10% store discount and early access.... 6 of one 7 of the other. The draw is only considering the DLC access. Right now, with no DLC, The Secret World wins. No contest. Also TSW entices a player to be a subscriber month after month with monthly items. ESO+ encourages me to "play" the subscription model so I only up paying $15 to play through DLC....

So if your argument is that ESO+ shouldn't include more benefits because it's a buy to play game and NOT a free to pay game then I guess you have successfully convinced me that ESO should have gone free to play. :wink:

You missed one from the TSW list, I forget what it's called, but you get a "something" accelerator that gives you 2hrs of xp and money boost per day
    Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    That DLC loyalty thing is the best thing on there.
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »

With content coming every quarter they could simply make the period of time 3 months. So now any players who have been ESO+ subscribers for 3 months would get Imperial City. Orsinium would be owned by players who have been ESO+ subscribers 6 months. If 3000 Crowns is the top of what a DLC pack will cost I think this would be quite reasonable... and it would get many of us (myself included) to resub.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • jonjees
    jonjees
    ✭✭
    actually if eso would fix the lag in cyrodiil, I would drop them a year of sub.
    but as it is, the overall enjoyment factor is being ruined by lag.

I had actually subbed on my 1st month in eso on ps4, but there were so many issues with the game that I just dropped sub because it was just not worth the cost.

also 40% of ps4 players on EU have seemed to left eso after the IC patch, because of IC drop rates, stones lost, lack of objectives, battle leveling (being killed by a naked level 20ish can be quite demoralizing)

so even with additional benefits to sub, its still not going to resolve the technical issues that eso faced.
    I don't have actual numbers but I believe ps4 subs should be a minority because if you can kill other players at lvl 20ish without the need for better gears, why should you sub or buy exp potions to even get to vr16, when ironically your stats are reduced and hits like a zombie.
    Options
  • TalonShina
    TalonShina
    ✭✭✭
    For me the benefit is the DLC I'll stay subbed and have auto access to the DLC instantly when released without having to log in and purchase from the crown store and honestly that was what drew me to the membership option. I didn't even really read the other benefits at the time I subbed because that was enough. The other stuff is extra and coming from Archeage it was refreshing to see a membership option that wasn't really forced. Archeage was forced if you wanted land you had to be a +member and guess what it didn't mean you got land you still had to find land and that was easier said then done.

Could they add to it sure but there is no need in my opinion
    Edited by TalonShina on October 13, 2015 10:55AM
    Talons Fury - Sorc. Tank
    Dargothic Empire : Main Guild

Be Unconventional! Make Dargothic Empire one of your five guild homes. New Guild building for a full gaming experience. Make the guild what you need. PVE/PVP groups, helping hands and MORE...It's up to you Dargothic Empire is your guild to build! C3 Voice Channel, Website: dargothicempire.shivtr.com
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »

With content coming every quarter they could simply make the period of time 3 months. So now any players who have been ESO+ subscribers for 3 months would get Imperial City. Orsinium would be owned by players who have been ESO+ subscribers 6 months. If 3000 Crowns is the top of what a DLC pack will cost I think this would be quite reasonable... and it would get many of us (myself included) to resub.

I think there is too much of a difference in value. I buy 3000 crowns and can only buy the DLC. Or I can sub for 3 months for the same amount of money get the crowns AND the DLC. That seems unfair to those who buy crowns (which is also giving money to ZOS).

Achievement hunter:

Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm assuming the way ZoS look at it is as long as someone is subbing say for 3 months, it's a guaranteed and regular source of income for that 3 months whilst you buying crowns isn't. Who's to say you or anyone will buy 3000 crowns regularly? Someone who purchases 5000 crowns every month puts more into the game, however, it's not a reliable source of income. It can't be relied on.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on October 13, 2015 11:10AM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm assuming the way ZoS look at it is as long as someone is subbing say for 3 months, it's a guaranteed and regular source of income for that 3 months whilst you buying crowns isn't. Who's to say you or anyone will buy 3000 crowns regularly? Someone who purchases 5000 crowns every month puts more into the game, however, it's not a reliable source of income. It can't be relied on.

And people that don't care to OWN the DLC can sub for one month, gain access and play the DLC, then un-sub.

DLC for $15. Score!

This is the 1 "loophole" of the sub program that I just don't get.
    Edited by Gidorick on October 13, 2015 2:31PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could just revert back to the subscription-only model. I really hate all these profiteering shenanigans. I just want to play an immersive, social, challenging game where the playing field is level for all players. If I had enough money, I would buy the rights to the franchise and make this game as great as it could/should be.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I wish we could just revert back to the subscription-only model.

Yea..so do I. ship sailed and sunk.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
This discussion has been closed.