The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO+ Subscription Benefits Suggestions

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems reasonable @Marginis. I feel that cosmetic trinkets like a page of a subscriber motif or a subscriber pet that is given to the subscribers then placed in the subscriber specific portion of the crown store for sale from then on wouldn't be an issue. Subscriber specific items that cannot be obtained by anyone else ever (like the loyalty rewards) would be a bit predatory. But limiting certain items to people who subscribe, when everyone has an equal opportunity to subscribe, seems like a reasonable middle ground.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree @wraith808. Creating a solid subscription foundation would just be smart business. What I fear is that ZOS isn't concerned with a robust pool of subscribers because their goals for ESO are short term. :confused:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep it simple,
    don't focus or change anything regarding ESP plus.

Release DLC and content...add any other benefits as potions in the crown store

problems solved

problem not solved. I've always said I'll support the game as long as its fun. I don't even care about value for the money, in all honesty. Releasing content is a short term fix to a long term problem. Access to the DLC doesn't even become a break even point until they have more content under their belt for a variety of reasons. ESO Plus should be their consideration as a steady revenue stream. The moment that's not the case, you'll see it quickly devolve into the same spiral that every other game of it's ilk has.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    keep it simple,

problems solved

problem not solved. I've always said I'll support the game as long as its fun. I don't even care about value for the money, in all honesty. Releasing content is a short term fix to a long term problem. Access to the DLC doesn't even become a break even point until they have more content under their belt for a variety of reasons. ESO Plus should be their consideration as a steady revenue stream. The moment that's not the case, you'll see it quickly devolve into the same spiral that every other game of it's ilk has.

I don't claim to know or understand their business plan

I will say that a lot of the change ESO Plus to this threads often are just mud thrown at a wall hoping something sticks....

Everyone needs to realize that ESO Plus was the results of addressing the required sub which was a concern since 2012.
    This current problem isn't without consideration of 2015-2016 business planning and financial stability
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you *know* that? Answer... you don't. And I'm quoting from knowledge of how these development business practices happen- both from my personal experience and the experience of others. I'd think that more likely than any suppositions based on zero knowledge.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :neutral:

I just want ZOS to make ESO+ good enough to where it actually ENTICES the player to join. Not forces, not coerces, but entices.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you *know* that? Answer... you don't. And I'm quoting from knowledge of how these development business practices happen- both from my personal experience and the experience of others. I'd think that more likely than any suppositions based on zero knowledge.

Are you asking me?
    Did you see the interview where Matt talks about why they changed the sub.
    My comment comes from that interview.

Edit: try this one. I'm not exactly sure which one I think this is it
    It's old - http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 2, 2015 2:52AM
    Options
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    I like increasing access to guild/character slots, but NOT losing them if you unsub. It means if the automatic payment bounces, for any reason whatsoever, you lose access to those characters (and you cannot sort characters, so they may be your main or your bank!) - effectively deleting them if you never resub.
    As for guilds, same again. Payments bounces, log on, you've been 'kicked' from five guilds.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you asking me?

If you believe that over industry standards and financial indicators... I guess we've exhausted this conversation. And I have a bridge I can sell you to boot!
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »
    I like increasing access to guild/character slots, but NOT losing them if you unsub. It means if the automatic payment bounces, for any reason whatsoever, you lose access to those characters (and you cannot sort characters, so they may be your main or your bank!) - effectively deleting them if you never resub.
    As for guilds, same again. Payments bounces, log on, you've been 'kicked' from five guilds.

Other's have solved that problem, and I think they can solve it also. I've seen 2 different ways that I can think of... you lock login to the extras until the payment is resolved, or the next time you login, you have to designate which ones you lose access to. I see no reason why it would kick you until your GM does it, in all honesty.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you asking me?

If you believe that over industry standards and financial indicators... I guess we've exhausted this conversation. And I have a bridge I can sell you to boot!

:smiley:
    I'm just one of those people that try and take people and companies at their word, and hold them to their words.

But I think it's O K to let their decisions work in the space it should before changing things. They tried the sub...it wasn't well received so they changed. It's only been since March so give it at least 6-9 months right?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 2, 2015 3:24AM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snackrat wrote: »

Other's have solved that problem, and I think they can solve it also. I've seen 2 different ways that I can think of... you lock login to the extras until the payment is resolved, or the next time you login, you have to designate which ones you lose access to. I see no reason why it would kick you until your GM does it, in all honesty.

I would prefer the lockout method. Not losing access wouldn't make sense. Guild leaders would have to be able to do which members are locked, and how long they've been locked, so they can make an executive decision on those players.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the existing regime will be fine once the crown store is more populated particularly with DLC.
    Options
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    So subscriber only items is a no-go? I can't really argue against that. I'm of the opinion that cosmetic only rewards for subscribers are good to go. So, I take it you agree with the removal of the loyalty program.

Really the loyalty program was fine with me. That's honestly what kept me subscribed as long as I was. What the difference is is the game's climate. That was when subscribers were the only players of ESO, so, the most loyal players get something a little extra. Now, since we include non-subscribers in the category of "players", we shouldn't do something like an exclusive for subscribers, being as now some of the "most loyal players", like myself, can be non-subscribers.

I can still agree with stuff like cosmetic benefits or exclusives for players who have been playing the game since a certain date, or have a certain amount of "loyalty", it's just that being a subscriber or not is not a good metric to judge that by anymore.

And again, this is just my opinion, although I feel that my view is the appropriate one.
    That seems reasonable @Marginis. I feel that cosmetic trinkets like a page of a subscriber motif or a subscriber pet that is given to the subscribers then placed in the subscriber specific portion of the crown store for sale from then on wouldn't be an issue. Subscriber specific items that cannot be obtained by anyone else ever (like the loyalty rewards) would be a bit predatory. But limiting certain items to people who subscribe, when everyone has an equal opportunity to subscribe, seems like a reasonable middle ground.

The idea behind loyalty items should not be that they are a one off. Loyalty items should be based upon time spent Subscribed and be retroactive. It doesn't matter if you have been subbed 36 months or are a new subscriber, if you qualify for the 3 month reward you get it, regardless of whether you started your sub in 1990 or 2025. That way the rewards are an incentive, for people that might want one of or all of the rewards... the idea is to..."Reward" "Loyalty".

By doing such a scheme in such a manner, it is therefore possible for everyone to have access to the rewards (if they want them). The real trick is to have insight into the playerbase and the game, so that rewards are kept "Fun" but never Necessary or Overpowered.

The Original ESO Loyalty Items were (in my opinion), merely bribes to keep players interested in the game while ZoS figured out what the hell was going on with, well, everything :P up to and including the complete lack of content otherwise.

ZoS have gone the hybrid model, for better or worse, so as long as they want us to pay a sub they need to make doing so attractive. If ESO went full B2P then this discussion wouldn't be happening, but as it stands, with no new content to leverage a subscription's value, we as the player base (and particularly those of us still paying for the sub) are left to ask this question, "What can you do ZoS to convince us that bothering with the sub is worth it?".

The Crown store alone, with it's Apple, Orange and Peach flavoured re-skins will not fund ESO on its own, whales included.
    Options
  • Brassmonkey
    You know if they buffed the bonus exp up to like to 50%, they may be able to entice people who are leveling up vet characters. I really don't see how it's pay to win with bonus exp. If it was instant thought, then it's pay to win because you're completely bypassing questing/grinding. Maybe even add a small increase in drop rate for motifs, since they're selling them. You can argue all you want about my suggestion but in reality their eventually going to give in and sell something absurd.

If the bonuses actually felt like they gave a good time saving portion back to the players then it would be worth it. Theirs no need for them to hold back on giving larger percentages, if anything they should make it where the average player actually has to debate on subscribing. I'd prefer a game that revolves around more benefits subscribing than more benefits from small micro transactions. Like the system currently is.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you asking me?

:smiley:
    I'm just one of those people that try and take people and companies at their word, and hold them to their words.

But I think it's O K to let their decisions work in the space it should before changing things. They tried the sub...it wasn't well received so they changed. It's only been since March so give it at least 6-9 months right?

And in 6 to 9 months.... my list of suggestions will be there.... for them to ignore. :lol:

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's room for both @Cry_Wolfe. They could have subscription duration loyalty rewards that can ONLY be obtained through subscription duration (3,4, or 6 month intervals) and then monthly subscriber gifts that you very of you were subscribed September 2015. If you don't subscribe until October you can still buy the September item for crowns in the subscriber section of the Crown Store.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my initial motivation for the thread @Brassmonkey. If ZOS is making enough money to sustain ESO through subscriptions, the Crown Store will be extra revenue.... people can still play free if they want and ZOS can focus their efforts on improving and expanding ESO.

If they are RELYING on the crown store for the majority of their revenue, they will have to result to more aggressive tactics to make money.... and spend the majority of the time working on new and exciting crown store items which will just end up giving us more limited senche mounts and different color fire horses.

The more subs ESO has the better it is for everyone.
    Edited by Gidorick on June 2, 2015 3:00PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder - If DLC were available, would this still be a topic of conversation?

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    I wonder - If DLC were available, would this still be a topic of conversation?

Depends on how often they release content, and how large the content releases are. As it stands, and seeing their development cycles, and how having consoles thrown into the mix, I don't think they can release substantial DLC at a rate that will make me want to keep throwing good money after bad. I said I'd subscribe as long as I was entertained.

I subscribed to Rift, SWTOR, Defiance, and DCUO logging on only occasionally because they still entertained me when I did log in.

I'm reaching the point where I'm no longer entertained by ESO. Quickly.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @gard
    keep it simple,

problems solved

You know, I've concluded that IF DLC were being released then I'd probably not be suggesting this stuff but the gap between ESO:TU and the first DLC is likely going to be about 6 months. That's 6 months that ESO is just not worth it.

I'm fairly certain they have no desires at all to change the sub in any way. So this thread is conjecture.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @gard
    keep it simple,

problems solved

You know, I've concluded that IF DLC were being released then I'd probably not be suggesting this stuff but the gap between ESO:TU and the first DLC is likely going to be about 6 months. That's 6 months that ESO is just not worth it.

I'm fairly certain they have no desires at all to change the sub in any way. So this thread is conjecture.

Doh! I probably read that a few days back (the thread IS rather old), but then forgot.
    I have to go now, it's time for my nap.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • Whendim_ESO
    Whendim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    extended access to exclusives and limited time items (i.e. mounts), before and after general population can buy.
    additional character slots
    early access to any expansions
    Options
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodystab wrote: »
    Bloodystab wrote: »
    Why everyone want to make Imperial Edition useless?

It's ALREADY in the crown store.
    u0oQR7L.jpg

I know but You still have to buy it once. Same as from Bethesda store.

to OP:
    Every IE owner will be cheated.Or You wanna give current IE owners other bonueses? Maybe 3k Corowns?

Idea is dump. Just buy IE and stop crying.

im a ie user and this is like the best idea also u should learn how to spell "bonueses" and "corowns"

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Crome.

Heheh.

I used to have IE benefits (create an Imperial and Imperial Horse access) in the suggestion. I should probably remove any race/any alliance too...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    eso+ should be like going in to chipotle Mexican grill (without obligatory trip to bathroom afterward):
    at CMG, you choose the basic thing (burrito, bowl, etc.)
    then choose meat
    then make choice of rice, beans, other sides/toppings

eso+ should be:
    1. pick one thing out of column A
    2. pick one thing out of column B
    3. pick one thing out of column C

or however many choices ZOS feels a player should get with monthly sub, and populate the columns with a mix of stuff that could basically replicate what is there now, or change it up some.
    example: in my case, I don't care about the 10% stuff, but do like the crowns. I would love things like a costume slot, or appearance change, even a haircut, etc...which would be a once a month thing, but kept permanently when sub is over. I'd pass over the 10% options for stuff like that; I might even pass up the crowns for some really interesting choices. I've seen others on forums say they don't care about the crowns, but would rather have a greater percentage xp increase, etc.....having a smorgasbord of choices for the player to fill their plate with makes everyone happy.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FancyTuna8 wrote: »
    eso+ should be like going in to chipotle Mexican grill (without obligatory trip to bathroom afterward):
    at CMG, you choose the basic thing (burrito, bowl, etc.)
    then choose meat
    then make choice of rice, beans, other sides/toppings

eso+ should be:
    1. pick one thing out of column A
    2. pick one thing out of column B
    3. pick one thing out of column C

or however many choices ZOS feels a player should get with monthly sub, and populate the columns with a mix of stuff that could basically replicate what is there now, or change it up some.
    example: in my case, I don't care about the 10% stuff, but do like the crowns. I would love things like a costume slot, or appearance change, even a haircut, etc...which would be a once a month thing, but kept permanently when sub is over. I'd pass over the 10% options for stuff like that; I might even pass up the crowns for some really interesting choices. I've seen others on forums say they don't care about the crowns, but would rather have a greater percentage xp increase, etc.....having a smorgasbord of choices for the player to fill their plate with makes everyone happy.

I really like that idea. Could a subscriber add more to their "plate" if they pay more?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like that idea. Could a subscriber add more to their "plate" if they pay more?

I like the idea also- I don't, however, like having a pay more get more type of bit. That falls into the category of the whales getting more items.
    Options
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭

I like the idea also- I don't, however, like having a pay more get more type of bit. That falls into the category of the whales getting more items.

I thought about it, like the way some people pay for guacamole on their burrito/wrap/bowl at CMG, to bring back the analogy. I guess ZOS and the customer base would have to decide. I've put this idea out there in 3 threads on the forums, because I really think if enough customers got behind it, we'd get a la carte subscriptions, and ZOS would likely end up with many more subscribers than any set benefits could hope to draw. I hope a large number of us could agree that if we were given reasonable choices to construct our subscription, it would be desirable.

Just as an example, I might prefer to receive a haircut, name change, and a costume slot, forgoing any crowns or bonus percentages. That's just an example, as all 3 of those are currently not even available and we don't know how ZOS would price them in crowns. I suppose I should specify that the subscriber could change the choices from month to month, as most wouldn't need a name change every month.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops....
    Edited by Gidorick on August 22, 2015 12:11PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
This discussion has been closed.