Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ Subscription Benefits Suggestions

• Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick Sorry if my post was a little disjointed, have some coffee in me now :) I do not mean anything negative by what I say, just trying to look at it from other perspectives and have a debate. Thanks!

I was not suggesting that I feel anything you put forth was pay to win, however I think the priority queue and treasure map stipend would be viewed as such by some.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    [*]Priority queuing when entering game and zoning: Subscribers should be at the front of the line to get into the game and to move from one area to another.
    [*]Monthly Subscriber Treasure Maps: Each month, Subscribers should get at least 1 map (1 in each faction would be nice) that leads players to treasures. These treasures could include special subscriber items.

My biggest heartburn with your wish list was some of the stuff that has about a 1% chance of being enacted.
    [*]Access to a subscriber-exclusive area of the Crown Store. In a special subscriber-only area of the crown store players will still have to buy items with Crowns but the 10% Subscriber discount should NOT apply to these items. ALL players should be able to view the Subscriber Crown Store, but only Subscribers should be able to buy from it. Additionally, this could include the following 3 features.
    • 1 month early access to all Costumes and Mounts: Giving a month's early access to Costumes and Mounts will do a lot to make subscriptions desirable. Subscribers who buy these items early will not get the 10% crown store discount.
    • 5 day early access to all DLC expansions: Giving 5 days early access will entice players who feel like they must play the newest content right away won't be able to resist subscribing!
    • Ability to purchase the Pledge of Mara: In the Subscriber Crown Store the Pledge of Mara should be able to be purchased Subscribers and should bind to specific characters. Only one Pledge of Mara can be "active" at a time PER CHARACTER. If a player wants another Pledge of Mara, they should have to junk their rings. There should be no limit to how many times a player can purchase this item.
    [*]In-game Subscriber exclusive building in each faction.: This could be as simple as a subscriber tavern or could be as complex as a subscriber specific guild with subscriber quests (but NOT a subscriber skill-tree).

While some of them sound pretty cool, it would be a development nightmare and the outcry would be loud from people who feel that they are being "forced" into paying for content that "should be free".

Also, unless the Subscriber only building you are suggesting is far better (more vendors/quicker access to banks etc/cheaper repair vendors) than normal areas accessible by non-subs, they will not take over in popularity (humans are creatures of habit). Only people that might be interested in a zone that only a select group of people can get to with no added benefit I can think of would be RPers.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good ideas but we do not need to separate the players by having subs get their own AH, or special things with Guilds. It is obvious my idea to give us loyal ones free ESO Plus isn't a good idea but I was hoping ZoS would give me some kind of "Well how about this" but they didn't. Just if they ever do open up the transfer to console thing again I really think they need to open it up for us loyal players and give us something that we will go OH WOW at.

Either way I love the game and will support it and hope everyone that does play and enjoy the game will support it one way or another. I just hope my money helps makes this game greater in the future. WOW had a lot of issues that needed to be fixed and they did (then ruined it with the new expansion, or at least got a lot of loyal players pissed off). When we look back in 3 or 4 years am sure most of us will say, "man I didn't expect it to get this good". For that to happen we need to fill their pockets with that green stuff. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If upped it still creates a need for some and/or is interpreted as a pay to win.
    Nothing needs to be changed about ESO plus. What needs to change is adding DLC and stuff in the crown store

I agree that we need DLC and that WILL make ESO+ enticing but there will be people who subscribe to ESO+ for one month, run through the content, then unsubscribe. So, unless ZOS is planning on selling DLC for $15... people will be able to shortchange ZOS on accessing the content. That is a pretty poor design if you ask me.

I agree that some of the suggestions are outlandish @Yinmaigao. This was a wish-list. :wink: I pretty much added everything I could think of that would be a somewhat reasonable thing to have as a benefit in hopes that one or two of them would be considered.

@Yinmaigao & @NewBlacksmurf What of the original list would be considered pay to win? None would give players direct benefits over other players.

Nothing on the current ESO is is pay to win so don't break what doesn't need fixing.

If you increase anything by any increment it causes a concern and begins to pressure ppl to feel like they have to sub. Then ZOS is back where they started.

DLC can be priced as $5-$40 depending upon the content
    The best action right now is the leave well enough alone and keep cycling cosmetic items in the crown store. Work on DLC and pump it out every 2-3 months.

Oh, heaven forbid that ZOS make their ESO+ subscription enticing to potential subscribers.

I guess my question was misleading, @NewBlacksmurf. What of the below list (the original list of this thread) is Pay2Win?
    ESO PLUS SUGGESTED LIST OF BENNEFITS
    • 1500 crowns per 30-day membership period: Current Benefit
    • Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to experience point gain Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to crafting research Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain Current Benefit
    • 10% bonus to gold acquisition Current Benefit
    • 10% Public Crown Store discount: This would entice players to buy more as subscribers!
    • Ownership of DLC as Loyalty Bonuses over time If DLC pack 1 costs $45 require players be subscribed for a TOTAL of 4 non-consecutive months to own this DLC. If DLC pack 2 costs $30, require players be subscribed for an additional 3 months (7) to own this DLC. The total cost of the months subscribed should be MORE than the cost of the DLC. Players shouldn't lose access to these owned DLC if they unsubscribe.
    • Able to create a Guild Players should only be able to create guilds if they are a subscriber. They shouldn't lose access to the guild if they unsubscribe.
    • +4 Additional Character slots Players should have access to an additional 4 character slots, which they loose access to if they unsubscribe.
    • Priority queuing when entering game and zoning: Subscribers should be at the front of the line to get into the game and to move from one area to another.
    • Access to a subscriber-exclusive area of the Crown Store. In a special subscriber-only area of the crown store players will still have to buy items with Crowns but the 10% Subscriber discount should NOT apply to these items. ALL players should be able to view the Subscriber Crown Store, but only Subscribers should be able to buy from it. Additionally, this could include the following 3 features.
      • 1 month early access to all Costumes and Mounts: Giving a month's early access to Costumes and Mounts will do a lot to make subscriptions desirable. Subscribers who buy these items early will not get the 10% crown store discount.
      • 5 day early access to all DLC expansions: Giving 5 days early access will entice players who feel like they must play the newest content right away won't be able to resist subscribing!
      • Ability to purchase the Pledge of Mara: In the Subscriber Crown Store the Pledge of Mara should be able to be purchased Subscribers and should bind to specific characters. Only one Pledge of Mara can be "active" at a time PER CHARACTER. If a player wants another Pledge of Mara, they should have to junk their rings. There should be no limit to how many times a player can purchase this item.
    • Monthly Subscriber Treasure Maps: Each month, Subscribers should get at least 1 map (1 in each faction would be nice) that leads players to treasures. These treasures could include special subscriber items.
    • In-game Subscriber exclusive building in each faction.: This could be as simple as a subscriber tavern or could be as complex as a subscriber specific guild with subscriber quests (but NOT a subscriber skill-tree).
    • Access to the Imperial Horse: Players who have a subscription should have access to the Imperial Horse, if they unsubscribe they should lose access to the horse. This could be done with a different mount but the Imperial Horse seems to make sense.
    • Create any race in any alliance: Players should be able to create any race in any alliance if they are a subscriber, but shouldn't lose access to those characters they created if they unsubscribe.
    • Create an imperial: Players should be able to create an Imperial in any alliance if they are a subscriber, but shouldn't lose access to the characters they created if they unsubscribe.

(The below suggestions are dependent on features I’ve suggested that are not currently in ESO)
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification @Yinmaigao.

I could see how those could be considered pay to win but, honestly... the 10% bonuses are more "pay to win" than those are.

After some time has passed... I personally disagree with the subscriber building concept. As you pointed out... it wouldn't be used by many people. Whatever ideas I have to make it useful, I conclude that they really need to add those features to an inn.

If my Expanded Rested Bonus Concept were implemented I could see subscribers having free night's stay at any inn.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If upped it still creates a need for some and/or is interpreted as a pay to win.
    Nothing needs to be changed about ESO plus. What needs to change is adding DLC and stuff in the crown store

I agree that we need DLC and that WILL make ESO+ enticing but there will be people who subscribe to ESO+ for one month, run through the content, then unsubscribe. So, unless ZOS is planning on selling DLC for $15... people will be able to shortchange ZOS on accessing the content. That is a pretty poor design if you ask me.

I agree that some of the suggestions are outlandish @Yinmaigao. This was a wish-list. :wink: I pretty much added everything I could think of that would be a somewhat reasonable thing to have as a benefit in hopes that one or two of them would be considered.

@Yinmaigao & @NewBlacksmurf What of the original list would be considered pay to win? None would give players direct benefits over other players.

Nothing on the current ESO is is pay to win so don't break what doesn't need fixing.

If you increase anything by any increment it causes a concern and begins to pressure ppl to feel like they have to sub. Then ZOS is back where they started.

The best action right now is the leave well enough alone and keep cycling cosmetic items in the crown store. Work on DLC and pump it out every 2-3 months.

Oh, heaven forbid that ZOS make their ESO+ subscription enticing to potential subscribers.

I guess my question was misleading, @NewBlacksmurf. What of the below list (the original list of this thread) is Pay2Win?
    • Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership Current Benefit
    • 10% Public Crown Store discount: This would entice players to buy more as subscribers!
    • Ownership of DLC as Loyalty Bonuses over time If DLC pack 1 costs $45 require players be subscribed for a TOTAL of 4 non-consecutive months to own this DLC. If DLC pack 2 costs $30, require players be subscribed for an additional 3 months (7) to own this DLC. The total cost of the months subscribed should be MORE than the cost of the DLC. Players shouldn't lose access to these owned DLC if they unsubscribe.
    • Able to create a Guild Players should only be able to create guilds if they are a subscriber. They shouldn't lose access to the guild if they unsubscribe.
    • +4 Additional Character slots Players should have access to an additional 4 character slots, which they loose access to if they unsubscribe.
    • Priority queuing when entering game and zoning: Subscribers should be at the front of the line to get into the game and to move from one area to another.
    • Access to a subscriber-exclusive area of the Crown Store. In a special subscriber-only area of the crown store players will still have to buy items with Crowns but the 10% Subscriber discount should NOT apply to these items. ALL players should be able to view the Subscriber Crown Store, but only Subscribers should be able to buy from it. Additionally, this could include the following 3 features.
    • Monthly Subscriber Treasure Maps: Each month, Subscribers should get at least 1 map (1 in each faction would be nice) that leads players to treasures. These treasures could include special subscriber items.
    • In-game Subscriber exclusive building in each faction.: This could be as simple as a subscriber tavern or could be as complex as a subscriber specific guild with subscriber quests (but NOT a subscriber skill-tree).
    • Access to the Imperial Horse: Players who have a subscription should have access to the Imperial Horse, if they unsubscribe they should lose access to the horse. This could be done with a different mount but the Imperial Horse seems to make sense.
    • Create any race in any alliance: Players should be able to create any race in any alliance if they are a subscriber, but shouldn't lose access to those characters they created if they unsubscribe.
    • Create an imperial: Players should be able to create an Imperial in any alliance if they are a subscriber, but shouldn't lose access to the characters they created if they unsubscribe.

(The below suggestions are dependent on features I’ve suggested that are not currently in ESO)

It's not about pay2win. None is needed as a change to what exists
    ESO plus is an incentive to buy crowns and an option for people who would rather sub vs buy DLC

As is...it's fine
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2015 5:17PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Some good ideas but we do not need to separate the players by having subs get their own AH, or special things with Guilds. It is obvious my idea to give us loyal ones free ESO Plus isn't a good idea but I was hoping ZoS would give me some kind of "Well how about this" but they didn't. Just if they ever do open up the transfer to console thing again I really think they need to open it up for us loyal players and give us something that we will go OH WOW at.

I really need to revisit the list and edit it. Some of the suggestions are moot because ZOS has added the Explorer... excuse me, the ADVENTURER'S Pack and Rings of Mara to the Crown Store.
    Either way I love the game and will support it and hope everyone that does play and enjoy the game will support it one way or another. I just hope my money helps makes this game greater in the future. WOW had a lot of issues that needed to be fixed and they did (then ruined it with the new expansion, or at least got a lot of loyal players pissed off). When we look back in 3 or 4 years am sure most of us will say, "man I didn't expect it to get this good". For that to happen we need to fill their pockets with that green stuff. :smiley:

Same here BigM... I hope ESO wows everyone with what they do. The people who made ESO do not seem to be the same people that have been at its helm for the past year. I honestly think ZOS' hands have been tied over the past... 10 months in preparation for the Crown Store and Console release, which were both likely demanded by the Zenimax parent company.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification @Yinmaigao.

I could see how those could be considered pay to win but, honestly... the 10% bonuses are more "pay to win" than those are.

After some time has passed... I personally disagree with the subscriber building concept. As you pointed out... it wouldn't be used by many people. Whatever ideas I have to make it useful, I conclude that they really need to add those features to an inn.

If my Expanded Rested Bonus Concept were implemented I could see subscribers having free night's stay at any inn.

@Gidorick

i love your idea Gidorick and ZOS would be silly not to read this because subscription atm is a load of bull erm poopy i guess.

Anyway its hard to get a good response when i know some of the nay sayers here are non subscribers.
    Its hard to get such a brillant idea past them when they want stuff for free and figure that ZOS doesn't need the money from subscribers.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

opinion
    • o-pin-ion
    • [uh-pin-yuh n]
    • noun
      1. 1: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
      2. 2: a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

And there are many players in the thread So my subscription has 2 weeks left. Last plea for a better ESO+ that would outright disagree that what exists doesn't need changing.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 31, 2015 5:23PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

opinion
    • o-pin-ion
    • [uh-pin-yuh n]
    • noun
      1. 1: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

And there are many players in the thread So my subscription has 2 weeks left. Last plea for a better ESO+ that would outright disagree that what exists doesn't need changing.

Honestly ...it's nothing but opinions all around
    It's not who is right or who is wrong nor does it have anything to do with popular opinions

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 days left on my sub and went to Gamestop to get game card, guess what they didn't have any and haven't had any since they recalled the old one's. ZoS you really need to get these cards in stores, I really like using game cards better than subs just in case I end up in the hospital. This old man isn't as healthy as all these younguns. :wink:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    What F2P must have to make me stay

1. Unlimited access to dungeons, quests and Cyrodil
    2. All current char slots (since I play 8)
    3. Permanent buys that don't disappear over time this includes dlc, housing, classes, everything.
    4. No limitations like "only x crafts a day, only level 50 - no access to CS, removal of weapon swap...)

What subs should have:
    Whatever boost ZoS wants to give them as long as F2P adheres to to my needs above. ZoS can give subber 100% boost if they please just don't treat F2P like crap or hinder them with temporary bullcrap.

An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 days left on my sub and went to Gamestop to get game card, guess what they didn't have any and haven't had any since they recalled the old one's. ZoS you really need to get these cards in stores, I really like using game cards better than subs just in case I end up in the hospital. This old man isn't as healthy as all these younguns. :wink:

It's confusing to sale game cards for s sub if it is not required.
    Maybe they will have some other option for you and others but it's a hard sale to a retailer.

Is there a reason you won't buy it from ZOS directly?
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2015 5:40PM
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ Kalifas but this is not a F2P game it is B2P so they have a thin line with what they put in crown store. No way Unlimited access to dungeons and Cyrodil. They need to make cash some where so if you do not sub you have to pay to access these thru the store.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    @ Kalifas but this is not a F2P game it is B2P so they have a thin line with what they put in crown store. No way Unlimited access to dungeons and Cyrodil. They need to make cash some where so if you do not sub you have to pay to access these thru the store.

Ok I forgot it was B2P. It still functions like a F2P game after you buy the game. I am not asking for complete free access. I will pay for new dungeons via dlc or expansions. I am just saying after I buy it, it is mine forever. Some F2P blur that line and give and takeaway stuff from people who do not sub.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

opinion
    • o-pin-ion
    • [uh-pin-yuh n]
    • noun

Honestly ...it's nothing but opinions all around
    It's not who is right or who is wrong nor does it have anything to do with popular opinions

I can agree with this completely. I am on this forum in a pretty futile attempt to get my ideas to the people that this does have to do with... ZOS. It's my hope that the MODs get our ideas to the designers and then those people can make the decision. It's their call after all.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Kalifas. I think subscriptions should be ADDITIONAL benefits to subscribers and NOT benefits that are taken away from non-subscribers.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Kalifas. I think subscriptions should be ADDITIONAL benefits to subscribers and NOT benefits that are taken away from non-subscribers.

I agree as well its a bumpy path but something as small as this can also be a huge benefit to subscribers.

The smallest things can have the biggest impact in games.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171106/improving-on-eso-s03e03-transmogrifier-summon-a-vendor-and-children/p1
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have removed the
    • In-game Subscriber exclusive building in each faction
    • Access to Imperial Horse
    • Access to Imperial Race

and added a few. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once and for all, can people start understand that this game DOESNT have a subscription any longer. This game is B2P as in "you bought the game you get it all".
    Everyone that bought a copy gets to play it FREE of charge afterwards.

However: They also sell crowns. In 2 ways. Either by differeny crown packages in their store OR by buying them MONTHLY in their eso plus club with some additional perks wich you get as a bonus for your purchase.

Thats all there is to it.

If you think it sux it is very understandable. Just stop buying the god damn crowns until they released DLCs wich will increase the value of the crown purchase.

You need to stop thinking in terms of game sub - there is none attached to the game and cannot be as long they label it a B2P game.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    Once and for all, can people start understand that this game DOESNT have a subscription any longer. This game is B2P as in "you bought the game you get it all".
    Everyone that bought a copy gets to play it FREE of charge afterwards.

However: They also sell crowns. In 2 ways. Either by differeny crown packages in their store OR by buying them MONTHLY in their eso plus club with some additional perks wich you get as a bonus for your purchase.

Thats all there is to it.

If you think it sux it is very understandable. Just stop buying the god damn crowns until they released DLCs wich will increase the value of the crown purchase.

You need to stop thinking in terms of game sub - there is none attached to the game and cannot be as long they label it a B2P game.

Ding, ding, ding
  • Greg
    Greg
    ✭✭✭
    I have 1 problem, we all payed for this game at first, you know that 60 dollars for the game, so we have all payed for the game, making it not f2p as many of you are calling it, but B2P , and all of this stuff is an over the edge benefit, to the people who bought the game just like you, but choose not to sub...
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they will have some other option for you and others but it's a hard sale to a retailer.

I would love to see them put what Bioware does and have a 60 day sub that does not auto update. At least if something does happen to me I won't keep paying. But then if I pass away I wouldn't mind helping you guys support the game for a couple of more months. :smile:
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see them put what Bioware does and have a 60 day sub that does not auto update. At least if something does happen to me I won't keep paying. But then if I pass away I wouldn't mind helping you guys support the game for a couple of more months. :smile:

You could try:
    -Setting up a prepaid Visa or Mc gift card (the ones that you can recharge that have your account info)

-cancel the renewal after setting it up so you don't forget
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2015 6:38PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Raash and @NewBlacksmurf Just to point out that the current payment model for the game is technically a Buy To Play with Optional Subscription.

So claiming there isn't a subscription and then gleefully proclaiming "ding ding ding" about that statement makes you both, factually and demonstrably, wrong.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raash and @NewBlacksmurf Just to point out that the current payment model for the game is technically a Buy To Play with Optional Subscription.

So claiming there isn't a subscription and then gleefully proclaiming "ding ding ding" about that statement makes you both, factually and demonstrably, wrong.

All The Best

Optional sub but also store to advance you in game, if you do not pay to play in long run you will run out of stuff to do.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭

All The Best

Can you read?
    If yes, please take a look at this :

"ESO Plus™ is our premium membership service. Sign up now to receive in-game benefits that let you get the most out of your journeys in Tamriel. Members receive increased experience, faster crafting progression, and bonus gold along with access to all available DLC Game Packs and a monthly allotment of 1500 Crowns (total membership amount of crowns given at time of purchase) to spend in the in-game store on pets, mounts, costumes, and much more. ESO Plus™ is the best way to see everything ESOTU has to offer! Please note that access to DLC Game Packs granted by ESO Plus™ is only available while your membership remains active."

It is a "club" with members where you pay for crowns, perks and access to DLCs, nowhere does it say subscription.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Swtor has too many things to monitor or keep track of in their model. I think ESO should steer clear of that model.

Make it simple.
    You buy, it's yours for as long as game lives.
    No special circumstances is it account wide or server. Just make it all either only account wide or only server wide.
    Don't lock anything behind a temporary paywall.
    Give subscribers quality of life benefits a step above free players but nothing that makes free players feel like they are being forced to sub. The idea here is small boost and wide variety of boost versus large boost and small variety of boost.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh you pay every month to support and play the game the way it should be played and get everything that comes with it. Pretty sure they do not have to say sub for it to be a sub! :wink:
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh you pay every month to support and play the game the way it should be played and get everything that comes with it. Pretty sure they do not have to say sub for it to be a sub! :wink:

No, you dont pay every month to play the game, you choose to buy crowns & perks every month.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »

All The Best

Can you read?
    If yes, please take a look at this :

"ESO Plus™ is our premium membership service. Sign up now to receive in-game benefits that let you get the most out of your journeys in Tamriel. Members receive increased experience, faster crafting progression, and bonus gold along with access to all available DLC Game Packs and a monthly allotment of 1500 Crowns (total membership amount of crowns given at time of purchase) to spend in the in-game store on pets, mounts, costumes, and much more. ESO Plus™ is the best way to see everything ESOTU has to offer! Please note that access to DLC Game Packs granted by ESO Plus™ is only available while your membership remains active."

It is a "club" with members where you pay for crowns, perks and access to DLCs, nowhere does it say subscription.
    A subscription is What ESO plus is by definition:

the action of making or agreeing to make an advance payment in order to receive or participate in something.
    "the newsletter is available only on subscription"

You are failing to understand what it is and therefore struggling to argue other points that you have. It is a sub
    The terms of this sub do not warrant play but instead align with benefits. This doesn't change what it is
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2015 7:13PM
This discussion has been closed.