Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Detailed Crown Store suggestion, Custom Costume Slots. (lots of pictures to explain how)

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
you simply buy a slot, then right click the slot to either save or equip your current visual equipment to save as a costume!

even if you had to pay per slot (maybe gettting 2 or more in a package) would you take advantage of this if it was in the crown store?

i know i would love to have some of my armor sets visual styles as costumes for other characters...

imagine making this,

lARfchb.png

a costume if you wanted, simply knowing that it would take up one slot as long as you want that costume.

for instance, you buy one costume slot and it looks like this.

PO32W74.jpg

you then right click, and on the prompt name and choose "Save New Costume" or "Discard New Costume" to cancel.

then you get this..

ndFYPhv.jpg

and you can on any character use that equipment look as a costume!

Crown Price Suggestion

1000 Crowns Per Costume Slot

i know my little MS paint thing is by far from the most professional edit job, but i think it shows the idea clearly.

oh and obviously, due to the eventual number of costumes, we are going to need sub catagories for costumes, like custom, bought, disguises, reward

ZOS could make much money with the people who love to customize looks, more than just selling stock costumes by selling slots for self made looks like this..

YOU HEAR ME ZOS.... MONEY!

AND I WOULD PAY YOU MONEY FOR THIS.
Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on March 20, 2015 6:34PM
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty much EXACTLY what I was thinking when I suggested the following in the Crown Store Item Wish List thread.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Current Wants:
    - One use "blank"costumes that we can imprint our own look onto, creating whatever costume we want.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1498476/#Comment_1498476

The only exception is I think, for the sake of making money, it should be a consumable. You use it, then you have the costume. Want another costume? Buy another blank costume to imprint upon. This way some people would buy 2 or 3... some people would buy dozens.

Allowing us to over-write the costumes would be cool to where, as you suggest, it's a custom costume SLOT. Whichever way would be fine with me!

+1 Awesome for you sir!
    Edited by Gidorick on March 12, 2015 3:04AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • luther_revan
    luther_revan
    ✭✭
    Good idea, I hope something similar will be implemented one day or another.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey ZOS.... i know that a reuseable single slot might seem like a bad thing, but consider this...

for ever 100 or so who only get one to make that one look they like....

there are 10 who probably get 10+ to have a wardrobe,

and collectaholics who want to make so many costumes, they end up with 100 or more

im probably right between the 10 and 100 mark myself.... there are lots of low level gear i love the look of.... i would start spam crafting stuff to make cool looks and would NEVER be satisfied with just one or two costumes.

Implement this...

and

giphy.gif
  • Visigoth
    Visigoth
    ✭✭✭
    MAKE IT SO!
    Seriously, give us a way to pick the look we want, Color schemes and armor styles...Don't give us "costumes" you put together.

And why can't I dye my weapons too? not everyone wants a gold sword with a pink/purple blade :/

I love armor pieces from all the level ranges!
    Edited by Visigoth on March 19, 2015 7:52AM
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be fantastic to get a response on this, it's a great idea and a nice workaround for those of us who've been asking for proper costume slots since before beta.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Yep something more customizable, something like how GW2 or LoTRO does it. I'm game.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added Crown Store Price Suggestion.

Considering the custom and reusable nature, 1000 to 1500 crowns per slot would be suggested.
  • kylermacdb16_ESO
    kylermacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go ahead and bump this.

In all honesty, a lot of the armor looks pretty bad in my opinion so it is always depressing to have to give up the pieces you DO like to remain useful.
  • AMadAussie
    AMadAussie
    ✭✭✭
    I was nearly going to make a thread suggesting this, and I thought "Nah, someone is bound to have said this already". And look, here it is!

Unfortunately for some there is a compromise between functionality and appearance. A custom costume system would remove this compromise. The best part is people would pay for it.

Bloody brilliant idea, I would pay for this. +1
    ESO; Where the issues far outnumber the fixes.
    I tell it how it is.
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    My husband an I were talking about something like this the other day. XD glad we weren't the only ones putting thought into this. <3 We'd totally spend money on something like this.
    Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good design. The question to always ask when proposing a new feature is "how could this be exploited"?

The only exploits I can see here are:

- someone with full VR20 Imperial Daedric Glowing Death Plate of Awesome Dwemer Encogglement could turn it into an outfit, decon the equipment, and then run around even on their lvl1 char, as if they still had it. Not a huge deal, though, as bind-on-equip means that you couldn't just pass a cool outfit around to all your friends and let them all make a cosmetic outfit copy. All you could do was decon or sell to npcs. To have an item shown in an outfit, you would still have to have owned that item and had it bound to you at some point, other than for the very lowest level items.
    - someone can create an outfit that looks as if their build is completely different, so tricking PvPers into using less effective attacks against them. Again, not a biggie, and arguably a benefit of the system.

Am I missing anything terrible?
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can already do this with current costumes and disguises... its been done for a year now.

hell sorcerers have a skill that hides their gear.

only the armor and how its dyed can be done as a costume.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this. GTA Online has a selection of about 10 outfits, plus more in premade outfits.

I would spend a couple bucks to have some custom-made costume slots.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic will never become old! it will become the new! it will become the thing!

DO THE THING
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, i am new to eso and i d like to ask what is the armor on first screenshot of first post?? It is %÷×%/ awesome. Also is it possible to get it as a casual or does it need difficult group content?? I dont mind farming materials to craft it if it is from crafting :)

I cant wait play the game...9th of june seems years ahead..my pc character is just 7 lol but no reason to play since i will start over on ps4
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    YOU HEAR ME ZOS.... MONEY!

AND I WOULD PAY YOU MONEY FOR THIS.
    kek

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow thanks @Gidorick

this idea is also unreal man i seriously love it and would totally rock out in something like that as well or the maw helm.
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, it is good idea - not ignore plz!
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohh this is a good Idea, Kotaro could have the mask he wants and gear look he wants and it could be a costume and not be the actual gear..this one would pay crowns for this, definitely this...

61745278.jpg
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other games have made the wardrobe a free part of the game. I'd be a bit disappointed after subscribing for a year with no real updates or added content that I would suddenly have to pay real money for something that should have been in the game at launch.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • filsingerjon
    filsingerjon
    ✭✭
    That is one of my few complaints about this game. Im extremely picky about how I roleplay my characters and I want them to looks a certain way. DC Universe Online has it perfect and now Star Wars The Old Republic has added it.
    Xbox One
    Gamertag: JEAF7
  • pretzl
    pretzl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot click the Awesome button enough...
    I want the look of The Air set, but I can't use all 7 pieces for obvious DPS reasons. The set looks absolutely amazing for a "low-lvl" drop set, but I need to slot other items for that added DPS :neutral:
    CP | Chronically Capped
    Characters | pretzL (Stamblade) , Brannbil (Stamplar) , Spicy pretzL (mDK) , Campingbil (MagSorc) , Saltkringla (Magplar) , Disco Dan (sDK) , Darth Salty (Mag NB) , Plebsorc (Stamsorc), pretzLeroni (Magplar), Mahoogler (pvp mDK)
    Guilds | HODOR & Who Pulled
    Kindling Power Magicka DK Build
    twitch.tv/pretzlcsgo
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fashion is considered one of if not the biggest optional markets on the planet..

some people will spend thousands of w/e unit of currency just for a outfit they wear ONCE, with the rich doing so on a nearly daily basis.

even the average joe will consider how something looks in addition to simple functionaility (workmen wont wear Pink Jeans etc)

THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE WITH THIS OPTION IN THE CROWN STORE!

i will bring this up as many times as i need, and let the sheer awesomeness of the idea keep it alive as well untill we get some voiced opinion from ZOS.

we all want custom costumes... why not put it in this way?
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on June 18, 2015 4:35PM
  • Reaper_5334
    This is an amazing idea, I really hope they bring it into the game. So many other games of this type have it, it only makes sense.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F8cxyTv.jpg
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I might break out the credit card for that.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• JayceStyles
    Omg Yes!!! I'm just sitting here wondering why they don't already have my crowns and I have this feature now, it is a brilliant idea.

| Youtube |
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    This really is a great idea, and the first post proves why: no insult meant, but that outfit looks uninteresting to me completely, in fact I'd like to cover up armor like that with some costume so I don't have to look at it. (Again, no offense to op, I'm sure you would find my costume idea boring/repugnant/stupid/lame.)
    Edit: to clarify the point I'm making, one person's "boring" is another's "awesome", which is why your crown store will never succeed like it should unless you are offering us creative freedom in it. ZOS' idea of appealing/cool/fun will only draw a purchase from a small percentage, but enabling us to make our own appealing/cool/fun costume will draw a purchase from everyone who would want a costume.
    Edited by FancyTuna8 on June 27, 2015 6:41PM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FancyTuna8 wrote: »
    This really is a great idea, and the first post proves why: no insult meant, but that outfit looks uninteresting to me completely, in fact I'd like to cover up armor like that with some costume so I don't have to look at it. (Again, no offense to op, I'm sure you would find my costume idea boring/repugnant/stupid/lame.)
    Edit: to clarify the point I'm making, one person's "boring" is another's "awesome", which is why your crown store will never succeed like it should unless you are offering us creative freedom in it. ZOS' idea of appealing/cool/fun will only draw a purchase from a small percentage, but enabling us to make our own appealing/cool/fun costume will draw a purchase from everyone who would want a costume.

probably that getup gets as many "thats cool" and "what is that outfit" as well as people who tell me flatout they dont like it.

tho the people who dont like it being the rarer of the two it serves its point in this topic as a clear showcase of what players can make with their gear for unique looks which might not be item effective (tho the sets used in that picture i use to tank Scantum Ophidia with)

i personally would love the option to make Imperial Royal Guard armor a custom costume.

Full Imperial Heavy armor with Julianos White for the main, Akatosh Scales Gold for the trim, and a combo of white again with the head piece using a good red...

Imperial_Watch_Armor.png

you can get really close to that kind of thing in game...

and of course, there are LOTS of lower level armor visuals that look fantastic that i would love to be able to freely mix and match into a custom costume.

i honestly think this would sell really well alongside ZOSs "costume Packs".
  • OrdainedFaun
    OrdainedFaun
    ✭✭
    I'd pay real money to get extra "costume" slots that I could use to equip the stolen clothes I find since none of the crown store costumes are making me happy right now. Would also be nice to be able to hide other armor parts besides the helm (think shoulder pads here).