Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Update 6 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the racial specific foods and drinks. I WANT MY MOON SUGAR!!!! Don't give me this beet crap. I WANT MY F******** MOON SUGAR!!!!
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi there. Well, first of all I want to say that in overall I like all that was done in 1.6 patch, but with some exceptions. New systems are cool and fun to play with: Champion, Justice, Provisioning (bevereges a still low competitive in PvE - they wont give dmg, heal or other). All of this is nice.

I'm a PvE player. So I've mainly w8ed a EU characters copy to test more details - cause my EU char has all PvE stuff I needed for tests including sets of Infallible Aether, Vicious Ophidian and Eternal Yokeda from Serpent Normal with some parts of HM version of same sets.

Well, 1st of all, after 1st Vet dung I can say that it's nice. Light armor is now rly a bit of glass cannon, and it's interesting to play. We've spent almost same time for killing all, so I guess its ok. But I had not much time yet, so I've tested only 1 classic sorc live build.

But here are some things I didn't like at all:

1. Panacea of Spell Power is now useless in PvE and it's strange... No one in PvE will use it to get that crit and spell power buff, when u can use Surge, Entropy or Inner Light. But this was a common difference a good raider form a bad one - those top Alchemy potions use.
    2. Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode sets (Set of the Infallible Aether (HM) for example) are best on Live 1.5.8 and trash on 1.6.1). I can offer you some screenshots a bit later. Now I can just describe the problem I've notised.

Talking about Infallible Aether Set (Normal and Difficult versions) as an example:

Serpent Normal loot has same amount of magica as gold craft enchantment. Ok, you can say that u get all those set bonuses u can't get anywhere else. It’s acceptable, but still not that good difference in my personal opinion.

But: Serpent Difficult loot has all same bonuses like Normal and just 10 more Magica on infused big part (head or chest) comparing with Normal or craft.

Is this a joke?! Ok, when it is 9 magica difference on live 1.5.8, it's ok. In terms where every 10 Magica over 2700 is great. But now I have 28600 magica and 10 Magica difference on BEST enchantment vs CRAFT enchantment is NOTHING! 28600 or 28610... Who cares. No one will go wipe on Serpent HM for nothing, spending time to get this "best" loot with trash random trait.

We’ve killed SO HM for 6 times and got 2 quest reward. From 8 loot chances I got only 1 item with correct trait. I've spent on it about 9 hours, 600 Spell Power Potions. And I'm sure, I’m lucky, because the chance to get BIS loot is low cause of trash random trait. If nothing changes after PTS on live 1.6.1 I’ll go and spent 2 min on craft a set 10 magica less benefit and pretty close set bonuses. And it would be with correct traits with 100% chance. So, what's the point to farm SO HM?

I still hope u have some massive reasons to do this (but I really can’t see any at all, and you can explain this) or it’s just a sad little mistake and will be fixed before it goes live.

I will give more feedback as I have, and I will post some SO loot comprarison screenshots as I prepare them properly.

Totally agree with the RNG loot system, RNG trait system, RNG armor type system. All RNG - this game does not reward player, but punish them!

For example: More than 100 runs in City of Ash veteran for loot the head, but looted only ONE time and it is Medium armor and impenetrable.. What is this for a joke?
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shikardos wrote: »
    but i dont undestant why Death Stroke still use Magicka in both morphs?i
    You aren't a bright one, are you? Death Stroke uses Ultimate.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One idea I had for increasing Champion Point acquisition was this: rather than limiting Champion Points to being earned exclusively by experience points, have them also be tied to completing certain content.
    • One Champion Point for completing each chapter of Cadwell's Silver and Gold, i.e. for completing the main quest of each of the 5 zones per Alliance
    • One Champion Point for completing a Veteran Undaunted Pledge
    • One Champion Point for completing the quest in the Trials--Aetherian Archive, Hel Ra Citadel, or Sanctum Ophidia
    • One Champion point for completing Dragonstar Arena on normal mode, possible two points for completing Dragonstar Arena on veteran mode

+1 if it goes for me, but I also know that for ZOS' standards the progression would be "too fast" here.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're brilliant there at ZOS. No words needed:

qy2xv3sq86rd.jpg
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One idea I had for increasing Champion Point acquisition was this: rather than limiting Champion Points to being earned exclusively by experience points, have them also be tied to completing certain content.
    • One Champion Point for completing each chapter of Cadwell's Silver and Gold, i.e. for completing the main quest of each of the 5 zones per Alliance
    • One Champion Point for completing the quest in the Trials--Aetherian Archive, Hel Ra Citadel, or Sanctum Ophidia
    • One Champion point for completing Dragonstar Arena on normal mode, possible two points for completing Dragonstar Arena on veteran mode
    As F7sus4‌ said, this by itself would be too fast, but I agree that these endgame activities should be worth more. Perhaps they could up the final XP reward for these things by 4 times to 44,908 (assuming that they're each worth the most XP they can be - 11,227 - which they probably aren't).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS! What's up with this f----n patch you just released on the pts? It just erased my character and started me in the prison! I'm not gonna start a new character just to test this stuff out. FIX THIS CRAP!
    NA/PC
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    ZOS! What's up with this f----n patch you just released on the pts? It just erased my character and started me in the prison! I'm not gonna start a new character just to test this stuff out. FIX THIS CRAP!
    It's not broken; EU characters are now on the PTS. NA players will need to use the VR14 template to test, just like EU players had to last week.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    You're brilliant there at ZOS. No words needed:

qy2xv3sq86rd.jpg

Yeah same lols here LOL
    Can u still use the potions?
    I cant, it says "out of range"...guess my hand is too short o.O

:)
    Edited by CirithValaria on February 4, 2015 3:09PM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, ok lol thanks
    NA/PC
  • Prokonto
    Prokonto
    ✭✭✭
    that what hurt my eyes alot is still lack of any reasonable changes for end game gear sets dropped in trials on that list u posted. Still same ridicolous nefr which makes that all armor line just usless garbage,
    U should adress it asap coz all raiding community just dont now what to do... stay or leave for good!
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main concern is where are my recipes?

I logged into PTS to find that my v9 character was now in possession of v10 food ( i couldn't use) that was v5 on live. And that I did not have any "equivalent" v5 recipes in my characters brain. I didn't have all the blue and purple recipes available in live but i had a good handfull. On live i could make at least 1 v5 purple food that affects health/magicka/stamina, on PTS1.6 only green single effects foods and drink. Not cool. Why have a lvl 50 provisioning skill if when you add this patch it becomes useless until i find replacements. Give me my copy of the Joy of Cooking back!

Tl;Dr: my consummate honey brittle turned into something else i couldn't use, and i couldn't make anything equal to it. :(

As a V14 player, I was actually quite happy the consummate Honey Brittle changed to a V10 recipe, and I hope they will not change it! But I can really imagine it sucks if you're just below V10. :(

Consummate Honey Pudding changes into a V5 recipe, so there's still that. ^^

• xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    As F7sus4‌ said, this by itself would be too fast, but I agree that these endgame activities should be worth more. Perhaps they could up the final XP reward for these things by 4 times to 44,908 (assuming that they're each worth the most XP they can be - 11,227 - which they probably aren't).

Or just once per day for each these points.
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »

Pal, NA test server is technically over. Zenimax migrated EU characters yesterday and to open the needed space our toons got trashed. If you still want to run tests on the PTS just create a template like everyone else.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

Or just once per day for each these points.
    Not sure about DSA, but these things are at most daily anyway, so that would be a given. My point was, 6 CPs per day for group content seems a bit too fast considering other CP sources are not so forthcoming.

Here's what I would like to see for CP gain:
    • 1 CP every 240,000 XP (rather than 400,000 XP; that's too high)
    • Enlightenment gives 3x XP (instead of 4x; that's too much difference)
    • Higher XP reward (4x current) for Cadwell, Pledges, DSA and Trials
    • XP from Justice System lockpicking (doors and safeboxes) and pickpocketing (only if not caught)
    • CP gain from crafting (eg, 1 CP-tick for 10 Inspiration)
    • CP gain directly from AP (eg, 1 CP-tick for each AP)
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actualy, Khajiits got indirectly buffed with the 1.6 patch. They surely have no stat increases compared to the other races. But with the nerf on critical chances on sets Carnage racial passive now adds a lot of value to the Khajiit race. That 6% critical chance equal 2850 magicka/stamina or 4050 health just from set bonuses.
    That came to my mind as well at some point. So yes, 1000% agree.

And the reason why it's true: With all Weapon/Spell Crit in the game being nerfed to 25-50% of their initial values, allowing Khajiits to keep their Crit racial passive so high is actually a relative buff. Makes it an overkill.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game Re-balance
    • How do Trials and dungeons feel with and without the use of Champion Points?
    • How does overall balance feel in instanced areas, especially in Dragonstar Arena?
    • How does regular PvE content feel with and without the use of Champion Points?
    At this point I'd like to share opinion on Magicka Nightblades.

With previous great buff to the Bows, you already made Stamina Nightblades superior to Magicka builds, but with 1.6 I can hardly say that Magicka NB will be able to survive.

What is needed?
    - Answer: More damage. It's that simple.

What needs to be buffed?
    - Funnel Health/Swallow Soul - as it is Magicka's NB main attack ability, it requires buff to reasonable point, so these builds could stand next to Stamina NBs (approx. +8-10% more damage)
    - Twisting Path - even though already buffed, it's still miles away from being a useful AoE ability DPS-wise.

Does this allow to abuse/exploit?
    - Not really. Since Stamina builds have quite low Magicka pool anyway the buffs will be negligible for them anyway.
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 4, 2015 1:56PM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke?! Ok, when it is 9 magica difference on live 1.5.8, it's ok. In terms where every 10 Magica over 2700 is great. But now I have 28600 magica and 10 Magica difference on BEST enchantment vs CRAFT enchantment is NOTHING! 28600 or 28610... Who cares. No one will go wipe on Serpent HM for nothing, spending time to get this "best" loot with trash random trait.
    It looks like they rescaled everything manually, and not using some sort of multiplier. I already stated the same conclusion regarding Aether set, but it applies to all of them. No idea, what were they thinking, but it's not worth to run Trials anymore.

And hello, Zenimax, I don't know whether you're aware or not, but most of the hardcore guilds are actually mainly focused on Trials. You want to lose so many players? Oh, sorry. Perhaps you want. You won't be getting their money anymore, so why to bother?

(Better to sell some guars in crown store for real money, isn't it?)
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 4, 2015 2:41PM
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭

It looks like they rescaled everything manually, and not using some sort of multiplier. I already stated the same conclusion regarding Aether set, but it applies to all of them. No idea, what were they thinking, but it's not worth to run Trials anymore.

And hello, Zenimax, I don't know whether you're aware or not, but most of the hardcore guilds are actually mainly focused on Trials. You want to lose so many players? Oh, sorry. Perhaps you want. You won't be getting their money anymore, so why to bother?

(Better to sell some guars in crown store for real money, isn't it?)

As for Aether set. It's stats are now low as low lvl equipment. So 12vr Aether gives u 1% critchance and so on, but 14vr Aether (for weekly i meen) gives u 2% critchance.

If it's 14vr or at least 13vr loot in AA and HRC, it's more viable. But if 12vr still, it's worthless.
    Edited by Fecius on February 4, 2015 2:17PM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure the EU folks tell ZOS about how you feel about the changes to the end game raid armor in the loudest voice possible. They didnt listen to us maybe they will listen to you. At least i hope they do.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for Aether set. It's stats are now low as low lvl equipment. So 12vr Aether gives u 1% critchance and so on, but 14vr Aether (for weekly i meen) gives u 2% crit chance.
    You can upgrade your VR12 purple set to gold to get 2% Crit as well (no need for VR14 from weeklies), but that makes the set still useless anyway.

A 3%+3% is the ultimate minimum for gold and, perhaps, a 2%+2% for purple.
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 4, 2015 2:41PM
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    As for Aether set. It's stats are now low as low lvl equipment. So 12vr Aether gives u 1% critchance and so on, but 14vr Aether (for weekly i meen) gives u 2% crit chance.
    You can upgrade your VR12 purple set to gold to get 2% Crit as well (no need for VR14 from weeklies), but that makes the set still useless anyway.

A 3%+3% is the ultimate minimum for gold and, perhaps, a 2%+2% for purple.

Never saw 3+3 even on gold Infaliable Aether. But don't forget about +12% of Critchance in The Apprentice at 30 Champon Point. It's way more u will lose from this set nerfs.
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    It is more, but needs a *** of time to obtain them. 7*3 = 21 levels minimum, if you got the max CS levels on the release day.... and no other points can you use in other trees of the same color.
    Edited by xherics on February 4, 2015 2:59PM

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw 3+3 even on gold Infaliable Aether.
    We're talking about Wise-Mage Aether set.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there @ZOS_GinaBruno. I have a really nice question for you and the developers of this game!

What are sorcerers good for? What is your vision for the class?

I may be wrong here, but lets compare sorcerers to the other classes
    - Mitigation / Utility: Sorceres had negate (past tense because you guys felt the need to ruin the spell). Templars have Nova , DKs have Chains and Nightblades have Veil.

Veil provides better damage Mitigation then the new Negate, Chains are needed to pull in mobs while DPS AoEs, this is extremely essential on trials, so it deserves to be mentioned here even if it is not an ultimate ability and Nova instantly heals your entire raid, which is infinity better then having 20% extra health regen added for a few seconds.

Speaking of heals, I believe Sorcerers and DKs are now the only class without a Healing ability! Isn't that great? Nightblades have Funnel Health, Sap Essence and Refreshing Path. Templars have Breath of Life and the other abilities we never hear about because Breath of Life is the only one they really need. And DKs, well, at least they have 4 or 5 different self heals they can use to keep on going. Sorcerers have Critical Surge (nerfed) and the crappiest passive that heals us every time we use a Dark Magic ability. Well considering the only useful Dark Magic ability for PvE is Crystal Fragments (the other morph doesn't exist... ZoS might as well remove it), it just doesn't seem so great. Oh, I forgot! We have a pet and Dark Exchange, a front runner to worse ability left in the game.

And to top all that, we now have the worse DPS of all 4 classes unless we use an ultimate to empower our auto attacks? So, what are we supposed to do? Farm for 2 hours before raid to accumulate 10000 ultimate and have a chance to match the other DPS in the party?

So please, answer m ZoS... What is the role of a sorcerer these days?
  • Shikardos
    Shikardos

I mean stama/mana scale. pshys/magick damage. its ok?
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All Ultimates scale using either/or. Lore wise you could say it's literally adding a final deathstroke to a series of weapon attacks or final bit of a really powerful spell.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I want to kill guards! At least make them mortal.
    Also the compass is broken, it doesn't show my group members on it. I gota use my map button instead of compass--when they are very close sometimes.
  • Shikardos
    Shikardos

All Ultimates scale using either/or. Lore wise you could say it's literally adding a final deathstroke to a series of weapon attacks or final bit of a really powerful spell.

thx
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thx

Mhmm. To clarify, also to ask, I'm assuming English isn't your first language. Mind telling me what it is so I can see if I know your native tongue?

Second, when I say either/or, it goes off by whichever Attribute is higher as well as Spell and Weapon Damage and Spell and Weapon Crit.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!