Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 6 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to kill guards! At least make them mortal.
    ZOS, you can make guards the same way swarming wasps are. Mortal, but once you attack one, you're easily overwhelmed by their numbers - thus dead.

At this moment, I tend to agree that a single guard defeating a hero who killed Molag Bal is... well, role-playing-wise just dumb.

Edited by F7sus4 on February 4, 2015 8:14PM
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, as I promised in this comment forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1533577#Comment_1533577, i offer you comparison:

This is Difficult Mode Infallible Aether vs Craft ("big" item, same traits):

9db1266d5a49.png

This is Normal Mode Infallible Aether vs Craft ("big" item, same traits):

12bd81443a67.png

Tons of advantage HM vs Normal or HM vs Craft? Don't think so... Any reason to complete HM? I guess, just once and this is an achivement.

Maybe it's some kind of a mistake, and now it's new set in SO HM, but in that case, why no transfer an Old SO HM into a new? What's the reason? And if it's not a sad mistake, then im scared a bit.

Ah, yeah, some more feedback:

1. 10 lvl Alliance War on those abilities (vigor and 2nd one for PvP tanks) are too deep in terms of PvE. U should spend lot's of time doing it, and i guess u rly need vigor to be cometitive in PvE. (In same point, no one forces PvP players to go in high end PvE, may be it's not fair a bit, may be i'm wrong). In common, it's arguable and acceptable even in this way. I will farm those PvP, hating this so much, cause i love PvE much more.
    2. In some case, my copied character got only 65 champion points instead of 70. I got VR14 in 2-3 days after 1.4 went live servers. That's pretty long time ago, so i think, I have that 1kk exp over my 14VR :D And I have no more VR alts, so I can't get 5 more VR any other way on system launch. Please, dig this problem a bit. I wish all my 70 CP once system launch from my only one VR14+1kk exp character.

Thank you very much! I swear, I'll give more feedback, if I have. Truely belive in you, best wishes.

Edited by Fecius on February 4, 2015 11:16PM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I pointed out in this thread- hardly anything levelled in a 1-10 manner.Regardless of the ratio, I think many people are finding that the Champion Points aren't making up what was subtracted from multiple stats in the conversion from live to PTS. I understand that the addition of champion points means the game needs to be adjusted. I just didn't realise I would have to grind champion points in order to get my stats back to where they were,so that I have a hope of surviving content that I successfully completed before.
    angelyn wrote: »
    • Health scaled on 1:7 Ratio
    • Magicka/Stamina scaled on 1:9 Ratio
    • Health Regen scaled on 1:11.5 Ratio
    • Magicka/Stamina Regen scaled on 1:11 Ratio
    • Heavy/Medium Armour scaled on 1:4 Ratio
    • Light Armour scaled on 1:2 Ratio
    • Some mobs health scaled on a 1:7 Ratio
    • Some mobs health scaled on a 1:9 Ratio
    • Max Health Enchants scaled on a 1:5 Ratio
    • Max Magicka/Stamina scaled on a 1:6 Ratio
    • All recovery enchants scaled on a 1:3 Ratio
    • Reduce cost enchants scaled up on a 1:8/9 Ratio
    • Spell Resistance/Armour glyphs scaled on a 1:6 Ratio
    • X resistance Glyphs (eg Fire Resistance) scaled on a 1:2 Ratio
    • Spell/Weapon Damage Glyphs increased on a 1:2 Ratio
    • General Damage enchants for weapons varied between 1:3 and 1:10 Ratio
    Xx3QuZq.jpg?18PCv3Lk.jpg?1dk4VkYl.jpg?1UzCIeDg.jpg?1
    FEEDBACK
    • I understand that with the addition of champion points some balancing was required so that we didn't walk around in god mode, but why were they nerfed by that much?
    • However,the champion points I have don't seem to make up the difference.Other people are finding the same issue. See this thread, and this one
    • Does the total amount of champion points in the game= the amount needed to get back to our previous stats?Because if they do, that's totally not cool.
    • How many champion points will I need to get my stats back?
    • How much XP will I need to get enough champion points to combat the nerf?
    • How long will it take me to get that much XP?
    *Edited 05/02/15 to include enchants
    Edited by angelyn on February 5, 2015 11:57PM
    Options
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    @Zos_GinaBruno A lot of people agree that shields are OP. If you are not gonna nerf them pls at least make passives attacks proc on shield. Like siphoning strikes, evil hunter, Star of the west and etc.
    Options
  • nicholasmccullinb14_ESO
    In order for me to test efficiently I need a sparring target/practice dummy. I.e. a world boss with no agro mechanic or combat skills. Just stands there and takes a beating while I test skills. I also need some kind of built in damage/skill tracker(out of date ad ons without updated API changes and no buff tracker get old). This would make my life so much easier. I could make builds and test each ability, how passives are working, if weapon traits are working. so on and so forth. There probably also needs to be one for tanks and healers somehow. Please help us help you test this game properly by giving us the tools we need!
    Options
  • Shikardos
    Shikardos
    Mhmm. To clarify, also to ask, I'm assuming English isn't your first language. Mind telling me what it is so I can see if I know your native tongue?

Russian, if you want to know
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order for me to test efficiently I need a sparring target/practice dummy. I.e. a world boss with no agro mechanic or combat skills. Just stands there and takes a beating while I test skills. I also need some kind of built in damage/skill tracker(out of date ad ons without updated API changes and no buff tracker get old). This would make my life so much easier. I could make builds and test each ability, how passives are working, if weapon traits are working. so on and so forth. There probably also needs to be one for tanks and healers somehow. Please help us help you test this game properly by giving us the tools we need!

If you're AD you can go to Alikr Desert (v9) giant camp and get on the rock behind the "Lonely Papa" WB. He'll keep resetting but you can get an idea of numbers without taking damage.
    Edited by Cuyler on February 5, 2015 1:47PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aleraon wrote: »
    So this happened in Daggerfall :smiley:
    yfat2m7cswjy.png
    @Aleraon‌ , yeah, had this happen in Rivenspire once. Kept waiting for a meteor to fall from the sky or something.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • R3DTHR3AT
    R3DTHR3AT
    ✭✭
    Nightblade, Assassination, Blur's morph Double Take dont give 40% movement speed for 4 seconds. Around 10-20% but not 40%.
    Aetherius Eight guild. World 1st HM SO team member.

Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shikardos wrote: »
    Mhmm. To clarify, also to ask, I'm assuming English isn't your first language. Mind telling me what it is so I can see if I know your native tongue?

Well your English is rather well for a Russian! =P

Now all jokes and compliments aside, what was it you wanted to know exactly again? Or were you the one I remember asking what Attribute Ultimates scaled off of?
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Shikardos wrote: »

Well your English is rather well for a Russian! =P

Now all jokes and compliments aside, what was it you wanted to know exactly again? Or were you the one I remember asking what Attribute Ultimates scaled off of?

I guess, he was asking about the DMG component Ulty does. It states that it deals magic dmg in tip. Yep, we know that if u have Slamina > Magica it scales of Weapon Crit, Weapon Power and Stamina. But if the DMG component is still Magic it would be strange, cause u have to investigate part of those Champion Points in Magic dmg boosters.

- YouTube

Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the new start in Coldharbour.

Things I liked:

1. No flame antronarchs firing fireballs at me. The first time I did this I was learning the mechanics so being hit by fire from a distance while I was playing around with some thing was not much fun.
    2. Much better tutorial mechanics. Giving people time to read and think about what they can do in a certain situation rather than having a message pop up while they are fighting is a lot better way to teach the mechanics.
    3. Lyris' new comments are hilarious. I loved the what is your name practice dummy?
    4. Hopefully less confusing for people on which direction to go to do the next objective. I know we can look at the map but I usually follow the arrow I seem to recall the first time I did it being confused on where to go in the open space area when you are looking for the eye and then the prison for the Prophet. Seemed clearer this time without needing to look at the map.

Things that could be changed:

1. Since you are doing more of a tutorial start you could add a dodge roll and a range attack as a part of the tutorial.
    2. Give people an opportunity for another weapon. Not sure what the thinking is with no choice of weapon at the start but I liked the first version where we could choose any weapon. Even what you had previously with the staff, two handed or sword and board option at least provided some options.
    3. I assume it is an issue to get the voice actors to come back but having a different voice for Molag Bal and the Prophet is a little disconcerting.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using Radiant Destruction from 1st person of view sometimes aggro mob but don't deal damage and rooting animation of RD to corpse.
    Description of Restoring Focus said healing buff near rune, however it works only inside rune.
    Description of Evil Hunter said each attack restore stamina, however it restore stamina each proc of EH.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 6, 2015 12:12PM
    Options
  • doganis
    doganis
    Soul Shriven
    IN regards to the redone tutorial.

I found it to being very interesting, and enjoyed the overall story format of it. I did not experience any delays or issues. The new format was actually alot of fun, and i really liked the fact i could find new and even somewhat decent gear for low levels during the escape. It was a pleasant surprise to open a box and get a green item. Overall in its current form i enjoyed it much more.

One thing i did notice is that it appears the prophets voice is different, this is really not an issue if it wasn't changed, but maybe sounded different just because of my headphones at the time, but after completion of the tutorial and arrival in the ebonheart pact his voice did change and was someone else, not sure if that's a temporary thing, but i thought it should be mentioned.

Also one change i would like to see is a notification window about the quest and option to travel to the tutorial island. Although i exited the house in ebonheart pact and saw the guy who gave me the quest, new players who have never played this game often don't understand or read the quest info very well and never go to the island. I have run into a few people since release and the original change to this format who never go and did not understand there is an island. This has resulted in some difficulties for them along with missing some early gear options and skyshards to flesh out there character. They also become under level to quests real quick. I really think a notification window that mentions the island and the quest outside of your arrival point as being an option should be displayed.
    Options
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    1)n5pkohkc1ecs.jpg

Pls increas bonus to +5% or +10%, +2% for "120 champion perk" is really small bonus

2)0l3icoi0vt6i.jpg

+10-15% maybe instead of 5%?

3)94ltrswumkrj.jpg

So if i understand it corectly if i press block i am geting 279 dmg shield once every 20 sek,
    so it is like 28 dmg shield now on live? or should it be 2790 becouse if it is 279 once every 20 sek when bloking it is veeeeeery low bonus (if any)
    sek question for how long i got that dmg shield? So long as i got block stance? Or if i drop block next shield can be activated after 20 sek? Description of that perk is confusing.

ty
    BM
    Edited by Blackmoon777 on February 6, 2015 2:59PM
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Blackmoon777‌ , yeah. That one may win the "Most unimpressive maxed out tree reward" hands down.

The 1/2 off gathering time is more impressive.

The 2% bonus is fine, but at 10 points, not 120.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • hazune
    hazune
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Store Suggestions:

1.Barber,hairdresser [Modification appearance]
    2.Changing The Race

Everyone wants some work your character as he can.
    I want to modify my character, refresh.Each of us go to the hairdresser that you can not do in the game?

The same applies to changes in the breed. Huge changes coming chempion system comabt etc. passiv ability therefore will play an important role. I want to choose another race come on I know it will not be cheap.

From what associate is available in almost every MMO is a part

pls press agree[people to put up a notice]
    Edited by hazune on February 6, 2015 3:36PM
    Polska Gildia - Ebonheart pact
    XENOTAVERN
    xenotavern.com
    Options
  • gustavo_px
    gustavo_px
    Soul Shriven
    With the new ultimate generation, and the Blood Rage of werewolf skill tree changes, werewolf transformation skill has become really expensive.

In 1.5 you get ultimate by:

- Successful hits (very little ultimate, but you get some)
    - Successful blocks/dodging
    - Successful interrupts
    - Using Synergies
    - Combos (e.g. attacking from sneak)

In 1.6 basically get all your ultimate from light and heavy attacks:

- "When you damage an enemy with a light or heavy attack, you will receive a buff that grants three Ultimate per second for eight seconds."

This is not really exciting, but it is worse for werewolves.

in 1.5:

Blood Rage II - Generates 5 Ultimate every 3 seconds by taking damage. Player must be in humanoid form.

in 1.6:

Blood Rage - Using this passive will now increase the amount of time you are transformed as a werewolf by 3 seconds every time you take damage.

Well, it's nice to have more time in WW form, but in exchange of ultimate generation, with an ultimate that costs 300 (Werewolf Berserker IV) that is a huge loss.

My suggestions are:

- Reduce Werewolf Transformation cost to something even with the common ultimate skills (at least 250).

OR

- Don't change Blood Rage passive.
    Edited by gustavo_px on February 6, 2015 6:40PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doganis wrote: »
    One thing i did notice is that it appears the prophets voice is different, this is really not an issue if it wasn't changed, but maybe sounded different just because of my headphones at the time, but after completion of the tutorial and arrival in the ebonheart pact his voice did change and was someone else, not sure if that's a temporary thing, but i thought it should be mentioned.
    It's been like that since launch, when they made the starter islands optional. Only by hiring Gambon back in to record the new dialogue, or by restoring the beta situation where you land on the island, and therefore the original dialogue, would that be fixed. Personally I would prefer they restore the original setup, and give you the option to leave, rather than putting you in the big city. That would also address your problem about new players not knowing the island exists.

For the purposes of the story, I know you're not "supposed" to be able to leave the island, so it could work if the boatswain is there but they don't tell you, but that's likely to annoy more people than it satisfies.
    All they really need to do is to add a new "first person you see" who will tell you:
    1) Who pulled you out of the sea and where they are (to get the quest)
    2) "We considered shipping you off to [the city], but due to [reasons] we never got around to it. If you would like to go there, speak to [whoever]."
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Balance
    Balance
    Soul Shriven
    General request,

Fix Client Crashes.

fix mac Client (live and PTS). Currently the client is a crashfest and the official feedback isn't comforting (though to Zenimax' credit open and honest) - "Reduce client settings to medium or low". Or in practical terms avoid Cyrodiil....

While a 64 Bit client probably isn't an instant panacea, it does appear that there aren't any plans to properly upgrade the PC client. Furthermore, that the Mac side will fall another operating revision behind when Apple releases 10.11 later this year (10.10 - Yosemite still isn't supported).

I understand that the console port has to be Zenimax's main focus, but I would rather fund a 64 bit client as say a cash shop option with a kickstarter type funding target than bumble along with the current issues for another year or two.
    Options
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my feedback nerf templars jabs and sun shield, thank you! :)
    Options
  • Sigtryggr
    Sigtryggr
    I have played on PTS for quite a while now and here is my feedback.

Tutorial

I haven’t played the prison since the early days and it was pretty lackluster and a bit of a drag back then, so from my point of view this is a brilliant change. Great job!

Champion points

I like it, I think it is much better way to progress then the veteran levels. I didn’t experience any bugs and the UI was clear and easy to use. The time it takes to earn a champion point may be a bit too long.

Justice System

I love the items you can steal, your creative team is amazing! The whole system is fun to play, so again, good job. On one occasion I tried to steal from a strongbox in an Inn in Rifted. I failed and there was a guard inside. I decided to try to flee and could not use the door anymore… It would be more fun if I could go out and try to escape with other local guards getting involved too.

Skill Lines and Game Balance

The classes still need a lot of tweaking before they can go live. The sorcerers are too powerful in my opinion and the new templar execute skill is insanely overpowered.

I like the ultimate change overall, but I think it is a mistake to link it to the light attack. This puts all the melee builds at a huge disadvantage. Why not make the ultimate gain just a flat number while in combat and then adjust it with some additional buffs from skills and equipment? For the very least please make it both light and heavy attack.

Heavy Armor is still not viable in PVP. I hope your team is following this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148711/1-6-pts-heavy-armor-feedback

Magma Armor ultimate is still pretty much useless in PVP, I have died couple of times with the skill active and the only damage it seemed to cap was heavy attacks… This skill has to reduce ALL incoming damage to be of any use in PVP.

The new AvA skills are nice, but very hard to unlock. If you don’t want to lower the rank for unlocking them, you should at least consider making the alliance war skill lines account wide.

Combat and Animations

I like the change and think it is a big improvement overall, good job. The combat is sharper and more fun. The only animation I really disliked was Mutagen from the restoration staff. It was weirdly slow, maybe I just need to get used to it...

Provisioning

My recipes and ingredients seemed to transfer to the new system. The new UI is much better than the old one. I have found plenty of lootable containers (not owned) around Tamriel, so I don’t feel like I am forced into stealing to get the ingredients (though it’s probably much easier that way).
    Overall, I like the new system, but I think dropping the option to stack the food and drink was a mistake. The provisioning demand would double and that would mean more gameplay for crafters and traders. In my opinion the drinks are still worse option then the foods and will be rarely used if nothing changes.

Crown Store

I have tested the store during the stress test and did not experience any problems. I am not particularly excited about the B2P model, but there is nothing there that would worry me, so hopefully it will all turn out well for the game. I would never want to see P2W items like gold, crafting materials and equipment. I would like to see more character customisation, horse armor, and maybe additional character slots.

In regards to the 100 crowns per month for he current subscribers, it feels like a slap in the face. I don’t feel entitled for anything just because I paid for the game I enjoyed. But you know well that this game was not working great since the start and some aspects of it like PVP still don’t work as intended. You also know that a lot of promises have been broken and it made people upset. This could be your way of saying sorry for the mistakes we’ve made and thanks for believing in this game. If you think that slapping your most dedicated fans in the face is worth the little money it will save you, so be it.
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    One or two things.

1. Is it the idea to reset everyone's account when Patch 6 goes live? To do away with everyone's present characters and that we start anew? Or is that a choice that will be given?

I ask as when I played the test using the NA server copy, I had to start from start with a new character, and that made a lot more sense. A couple of days later when I got my EU server copied characters it made it more difficult to play with all the new recipes, foodstuffs and all that, because I don't know of half the stuff what it is and what recipes I already know.

For example, I was saving 'rare' foodstuffs in my bank (e.g. garlic, potatoes, oranges, etc.). These rare foodstuffs got changed to new foodstuffs which aren't rare at all in the game. So now I have a lot of stuff taking up place in my bank for nowt. And figuring out which ones are now rare is going to take a lot of time. Then it's better to start new.

So if it can be made a choice to start completely anew, that would be nice. Oh and when you do, give everyone who wants to a starter of 10,000 gold of course. Or a pack-horse. ;)

2. The Justice system. I wrote in the 1.6.1 thread that killing people isn't as scary as it should be. The bounty on your head isn't undoable, even at low play levels. The price of life is cheap in these parts. Killing one NPC twice only got me a bounty of about 400 gold.

That may be quite a lot more, for me. And that it's going down for as long as you're out of view of any NPC or guard is a bit of a bummer as well. Just waiting a couple of minutes in the same spot I killed the NPC, my bounty fell to 50 gold.

Stealing stuff: one shouldn't get a bounty if no one sees you stealing it. No matter if you're invisible, or you're managing to do it when no one's looking. For how else are you going to be able to steal something from something like the Safebox in a bank? You can't sneak in during the night either like done in Skyrim, because these banks are open 24/7.

I managed to steal something from a lockbox in a tent with no one around, and I got a bounty. Unless there was a CCTV camera in that tent pointed at the lockbox, it would've been impossible for anyone to have seen me do it.

3. Strange recipes.
    E.g. unydzip8bs2k.jpg
    Green bananas with garlic. The only bananas in the game are yellow.
    At least when you want my character to have a tummy ache and stinky breath, give him green bananas to pick up. :)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    REGEN BUG? Both health and stamina figures under 10k go up by set amounts that are the typical odd numbers (like 1123), but then at 10k they simply go up 1k per tick (i.e, 10, 11, 12, etc.) I assume magicka is the same (template guy is under 10k magicka so could not test). This makes all regen stats horrible, as they only seem to apply till you reach 10k level, then they just auto raise 1k per tick. Needs to be fixed.
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, one new thing.

Twohanded, duals and othere weapons give you Spell DMG and Weapon DMG.
    Staffs give you only Weapon DMG.

Bug or intended?

- YouTube

Options
  • Alleria Warbird
    Alleria Warbird
    Soul Shriven
    With regards to new stuff on PTS, I have some thoughts and questions. Might not all be anything new or clever in here, probably all been addressed or answered already elsewhere. Just a bit of feedback on my experience.

General

When the new update goes live, will what I did with my character on the PTS be stored (like my choices with skill and champion points, questing progress, and my inventory)? Or will the 'real' update just be made to the EU server (in my case) and then the PTS will go away? (I don't know this stuff.)

Justice

I expect Outlaw refuges eventually become Thieves Guild? Or maybe they won't, so that they can be a hiding place for both Thieves and Assassins to hide in, once the Dark Brotherhood comes in too. What is that symbol meant to be for the Outlaw Refuges? Will there be some NPC in there you can pay to make changes to your appearance, like in Skyrim? When Thieves Guild comes in, will the accompanying skill line replace Legerdemain – at least the title of the skill line if not contents of the passives?

I'd like to see a more comprehensive skill line. Lockpicking, pickpocketing and sneaking could really be expanded on – like in Skyrim, they each had a separate skill tree. Maybe these will eventually be divided up between Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

When you get a bounty for being caught pickpocketing, the circle in the bottom right corner – I'm sure it fills up white, but it should fill up red surely, like the more red you see the more you've done wrong and the more are wanted? Red for danger. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, it looked to me like when I get a small bounty (e.g 75 gold), I get a tiny white section filled in, and the rest of the wheel is red. I'm trying to remember now whether the red section of the wheel decreases as my time being wanted runs out, I guess that would make sense.

It could be made clearer What Disreputable and Notorious mean in the game – I know descriptions flashed up on screen as these statuses happened to me but you can't always take this stuff in as you are going about your business. I thought I was free again upon getting Notorious, as if I'd got away with it and was now some sort of urban legend like Keyser Soze, and no one knew what I looked like, but guards got me immediately. But another time that I got Upstanding, then it became obvious that was the one that meant I was in the clear. So maybe you just suss the new system as you go, which is fine.

It isn't clear to me when a pickpocket is going to work or not until it's over and a description of the looted item flashes up – like is it just literally a percentage of the time you won't get away with it no matter how high the “% chance to pickpocket” is, like only if it ever got up to 100% you would be sure of getting away with it? So at 70 % chance, I will fail 30 % of the time. Or is there some trick to it that you could even successfully pickpocket everytime on low % items? So far I've only tried to pickpocket when it's 70% or maybe 50%, I have 1 skill point in the pickpocketing passive now, and like I say I get busted sometimes without doing anything different. I assumed it depended on the witnesses too, so I try to target someone that I think other NPCs can't see at a certain angle. But you can also get away with it when other NPCs surely can see. Obviously I'm aware of the eye symbol that closes and opens to signify your visibility, but when I do successfully pickpocket, the eye is never 'closed' to a line I don't think, it is always squinting open and I am always 'Suspicious'.

In addition to the relevant skill passives and champion points, we could do with armour enchanted with 'muffle'. To make you quieter and sneakier. Harder to detect. New armour trait right there.

I find there are not many places to just 'take' my provisioning items anymore, most barrels, sacks etc are owned and therefore it's stealing. Same with any other items that are laying about. But, I'm pleased that even provisioning items that would have had no value if you picked them up for free now have a low value if you sell them to a fence. But they lose that value if you launder them. So this is rewarding you for your thieving. Excellent.

The items you can pickpocket - the dice, bits of written propaganda, the abacus, the picture books, they sell for a hundred each I think I remember, which is worth my while if I do a lot of them during a spree. But I would like to see items that I would like to sell for significantly more, or keep (after laundering if necessary) because I can USE them. Like desirable weapons, armour, soul gems, keys to houses, money, crafting tempers, jewellery. This must be intended (or maybe already happening but I just didn't come across any items like these in an hour or two), because the laundering system is perfect for this. Thinking of Skyrim, a big part of my stealing was to fill my houses with sweet stuff – (so that's down the pan) but I would have loved nice 'clean', wholesome items (white font not red) stuffed into my cupboards and hanging up on my walls. Still its nice only having 'clean' items in your inventory and knowing they are safe from the guards.

I would like to be able to see the items someone has in their pockets, before choosing if/what to steal, like in Skyrim. And in Skyrim I don't think it counted as a crime if you just had a look in someone's pockets then backed out without stealing anything – is this the case in ESO, I think it is. Pleased with this.

However I have definitely been outed as a criminal in ESO for only looking at a locked chest/safe lockpick screen by mistake but not even attempting to pick the lock – I don't think it should be a crime to just look at a chest, or someone's front door.

Provisioning

I'm pleased that now buffs that enhance more than one attribute are grouped together (entremets, ragouts) so they are now easy to find when cooking. Also pleased I didn't have to learn recipes all over again. I was pleasantly surprised that my 'Old' ingredients could all be sold for money. This was a nice compensation since that they had become useless after all my hard work sourcing them.

OVERALL

I'm very pleased with this update. Justice system adds a new angle and a lot of excitement, new possibilities. Thanks!
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    One further question on the bounty: will it ever be possible for player characters to check on how much bounty another player has, and if need be turn them in/beat them down? Or is the bounty solely for NPCs as a measure of how bad you are?
    Jord.

Options
  • Gandogal
    Gandogal
    ✭✭
    Game Re-balance

Regardin DPS caster armor:

i guess enough has been set regarding the worthlessness of the high end gear for casters on 1.6 at the moment. i would like to adress a different set-relating matter:

with the wrath of the imperium set useless at the moment, there is no viable set for a dps caster (in particular sorcerers) left that combines:

a) both rings and neck slot, or
    b) a destruction staff (with an appropriate trait) and either ring or neck slots.

all existing viable set combine either only the neck (like archmage, sun), or the rings (cyrodils light) with further armor items. this forces us to use different sets for (1) rings, (2) neck and (3) the staff. using more sets meens less set boni and no (or only 1) 5-item-bonus.

the only sets that combine both neck and rings and are viable after 1.6 are warlock and healer. both no good dps sets (healer only up to 4 items but it also has magicka reg, which isnt for everyone).

solution proposal:

add rings and neck to the destruction mastery set.

both the healer and the warriors set from DSA include rings and neck. why not destruction mastery?

easy change which would help alot.
    Edited by Gandogal on February 7, 2015 8:09PM
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    I see that when opening a chest, then going into my inventory that then trying to switch back to the chest contents -- without having to exit inventory and reopening the chest with 'E' -- doesn't work anymore. Intentional or a bug?
    Jord.

Options
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Armor Set Polish
    • What did you think of the new Redguard and Orc armor?
    • Did the update keep the spirit of the armor?
    • Were there any old pieces that you miss?

Quick note: the armor sets provided in the PTS template do not contain any Head armor pieces.

The new Reguard light armor is a big step backwards. The old set is one of the most interesting and unique sets currently in the game (possibly my favorite). The updated armor is completely different, without any features suggesting it belongs to the Redguard race. Each tier of this light armor does not make impressive jumps visually, and many of the features seem "copy and pasted" across the board from Jute to Spidersilk. While most of the other updated sets seem to have minor adjustments, this one was a large overhaul, which is a huge disappointment considering how great is was before.

I liked the Redguard medium armor fine.

I liked the Redguard heavy armor for the most part, but the disconnect between the chest, waist, and pants looks a bit odd at times.

The Orc light armor seems a bit too vibrant (most noticeable at the tier 1 level). The sheen on the body and sleeves of the robe would most likely result in an Orc beat-down for anyone fellow Orc caught wearing this outfit.

The Orc medium and heavy seem fine.

My main question is why are these new sets full replacements for what we already have? 6 materials in the game already make identical sets, you literally could replace Kresh, Ironthread, Silverwave, and Shadowspun with these new styles, and Spidersilk and Ebonthread would still be duplicates of the old top-tier style.

At the very least, keep them in the game as drops. More variety is always better, that way even people like me that have pieces that they will miss in the new update will still be able to obtain the old looks.
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
    Options