Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Update 6 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭

You also have the option to sell your mounts back prior to 1.6, recoup your 100's of thousands of gold and start with base stat horses

And again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. A horse worth 50k can be sold to stablemaster for 4.3k.
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is a bug or a thing specifically done for the test server.
    I have 8 characters at the moment on the test server, 7 copied from the EU server, one freshly made that I play with.

Today I tested deleting characters. The Delete option started with telling me I had 3 deletes and over time it could become more. After deleting one character, I had 2 deletes left over. After deleting a further character, I had 2 deletes left over. Deleting another one, I still have 2 deletes left over.

So, is the delete option stuck at the 2 deletes for test purposes, or is this a bug no one knows about yet?
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭
    I do think if you are making the training to the rider instead of the horses that toons with multiple hybrid horses should have the stats on those horses added together not just picking the highest level stat from each horse. Otherwise those of us that went hybrid on several horses with smaller variations in the stats will be screwed. If we had specialized each horse with only one stat we would be credited for all our feedings (riding skill upgrades). Instead we are penalized if we chose a hybrid trade-off for each horse with only a slight increase to a different stat on each. We will lose all our other riding skill upgrades for the horses with the lower stats.

For a simplified example a character with:
    • Horse one:
      • Speed 20% (+5 from base)
      • Stamina 10% (+0 from base)
      • Carrying 45% (+45 from base)
    • Horse two:
      • Speed 40% (+25 from base)
      • Stamina 10% (+0 from base)
      • Carrying 25% (+25 from base)
    • Horse three:
      • Speed 35% (+20 from base)
      • Stamina 25% (+15 from base)
      • Carrying 15% (+15 from base)
    From my understanding that character will end up with riding skill of:
    • Speed 40%
    • Stamins 25%
    • Carrying 45%
    So we lose all the gold we spent leveling lower stats on the horses that have the lower stats. These should instead be added together up to the new max riding skill level for each stat in order to make it fair so the character did not waste their riding skill increases. Thus the new riding skill should be:
    • Speed 50% (+5+25+20 from base)
    • Stamina 15% (+0+0+15 from base)
    • Carrying 60% (+45+25+15 from base but capped at max riding skill level)
    Those that bought expensive horses could then have +10% added to the max level in each stat for which they bought an expensive horse.

Otherwise I support and am happy with this change which puts the skill level on the rider instead of the individual horse.
    Edited by Pelargonia on March 1, 2015 5:01PM
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reco wrote: »

You also have the option to sell your mounts back prior to 1.6, recoup your 100's of thousands of gold and start with base stat horses

And again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. A horse worth 50k can be sold to stablemaster for 4.3k.
    @Reco , again you have the option to recoup something, since you still don't grasp that you'll have the same functionality you currently have, or you can QQ.

1.6 pushes to live this week. Will be sorry to see you go.
    Pelargonia wrote: »
    So we lose all the gold we spent leveling lower stats on the horses that have the lower stats. These should instead be added together up to the new max riding skill level for each stat in order to make it fair so the character did not waste their riding skill increases. Thus the new riding skill should be:
    • Speed 50% (+5+25+20 from base)
    • Stamina 15% (+0+0+15 from base)
    • Carrying 60% (+45+25+15 from base but capped at max riding skill level)
    Those that bought expensive horses could then have +10% added to the max level in each stat for which they bought an expensive horse.

Otherwise I support and am happy with this change which puts the skill level on the rider instead of the individual horse.
    @Pelargonia , yeah, unfortunately if you have any horse that is not a 'single-stat' horse, you'll have to eat the cost on that one.

I'm in the same boat, but since the base functionality will remain the same, it's a minor in the grand scheme of things. As I understand it, they intend to add the extra base stat bonuses for any upgraded horses in addition to max stat from feeding. (Light horse, for instance) up to the max of 60.

Worst case scenario, another 30 days and you have all mounts maxed across the board.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Draylen
    Draylen
    Soul Shriven
    The Justice System has been a lot of fun so far. One thing I wish was that the markings that designate an outlaw den were less obvious and maybe harder to find. It kills the immersion a little bit. There are a lot of really cool subtle thieves guild marks already in the lore. Maybe we can leave the current markings in there for a short period of time while everyone is learning the system and then can make it less obvious later?

Another thing is I feel like if I'm slaughtering npcs and there are others just standing there watching me and I'm taking my sweet time, a guard should be on his way before long. Not just when a guards patrol comes my way.

I also don't like the idea that the guards are unkillable. I'm okay with it right now since we don't have the counterbalance of players acting as guards. I hope it will be adjusted in later phases. There are so many better ways to implement guards and fail safes without checking the unkillable box.

For instance, the higher your bounty goes the more guards you attract. Some people are worried about a big guild camping a city. The more you slaughter, the longer you survive, the more guards you kill can all lead to increasing your bounty or another metric to ramp up the amount of guards or the toughness of guards if needed. Let me be able to kill a guard one on one, but lets say if I start to camp a city with 60 people, 10 mins later 50 guards come out or Almalexia throws down the gauntlet for example.

A great player fail safe would be really awesome. The official idea is to make players wearing guard tabards able to attack those with bounties on their heads eventually... This is great but in addition to this lets say when your bounty gets so outrageously high that you're probably camping a city, you become flagged for PvP. This could work sort of like the Priest of Discord in EQ. You are not allowed to attack regular players but they are allowed to attack you. Until they attack you though, you can not harm them. A 60 man hardcore raid on a town can not last when flagged for PvP when there is an entire mega server to defend the city. No one has to defend the city, but there are plenty of people to do it if they want. If they don't they go about their day.

I just dislike the idea of spending all this time to be a powerful savior of nirn and there's this all powerful guard that can kill me, several in fact. Why didn't they stop the Daedric Prince? haha
    Options
  • Draylen
    Draylen
    Soul Shriven
    Also please add more crests soon! Especially a weighted scale. The icon is used on flags all over Tamriel to identify mercantile areas so when will trade guilds be able to use it as their crest?! :D

The Hlaalu Trading Company in particular wants this!
    Options
  • Draylen
    Draylen
    Soul Shriven
    I just noticed they you can see Soul Gems in the world now as well as loot them. I love having more interactivity in the world. Super cool
    Options
  • Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭
    Those of us that felt they could not afford single stat horses because of bag space restrictions or other reasons and do not have the play time to play every single day, let alone make the gold needed due to lack of time to manage these things, are greatly penalized. I have been a loyal ESO subscriber since pre-release but now feel I have wasted a lot of in-game resources that my toons could barely afford. Now I am unable to either benefit from or recoup this gold spent on my riding skills.

I am very pleased with the game for the most part, otherwise, but this really sucks. I could have used all that gold I thought I was spending on riding skill instead on larger bags/bankspace or almost anything else. Basically, if you cannot play everyday, you could theoretically log in many days to feed your horses and log off again but you would quickly run out of gold to pay for it. I know because I have done so. No I will not have gotten all my riding skills upgraded in 30 days since I cannot play every day and will just lose all that gold I sank into upgrading the lower level riding skills on alternate horses. I have still paid just as much in my subscription fees as those who have been able to play every day.
    Edited by Pelargonia on March 2, 2015 4:05PM
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Great job at the Nightblade stamina changes!!! (ie Killer's Blade, Surprise Attack, Ambush) I really like how it allows me to work on a pure Stamina build instead of having a balance between a Magica and Stamina build. I worked the numbers on the PTS and it seemed like I was getting more bang for my buck with a pure stamina build instead of "so so" results when I had a balanced Magica/Stamina build.

I do have one small suggestion, though. Now that "Surprise Attack" is the obvious choice for a stamina based Nightblade- could you offer something that would increase stealth movement speed as a passive? I know that "Concealed Weapon" stacked with "Dark Stalker".

Perhaps a passive from the Dark Brotherhood (or whatever you decide to call it) skill line could be "increase movement speed while sneaking"? That way, it would offer speed to everyone (DK, Sorc, NB, Temps).
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those of us that felt they could not afford single stat horses because of bag space restrictions or other reasons and do not have the play time to play every single day, let alone make the gold needed due to lack of time to manage these things, are greatly penalized. I have been a loyal ESO subscriber since pre-release but now feel I have wasted a lot of in-game resources that my toons could barely afford. Now I am unable to either benefit from or recoup this gold spent on my riding skills.

I am very pleased with the game for the most part, otherwise, but this really sucks. I could have used all that gold I thought I was spending on riding skill instead on larger bags/bankspace or almost anything else. Basically, if you cannot play everyday, you could theoretically log in many days to feed your horses and log off again but you would quickly run out of gold to pay for it. I know because I have done so. No I will not have gotten all my riding skills upgraded in 30 days since I cannot play every day and will just lose all that gold I sank into upgrading the lower level riding skills on alternate horses. I have still paid just as much in my subscription fees as those who have been able to play every day.
    It's 250g / feeding.
    It's 750g if you're feeding three on a character.
    Fight mobs and you can recoup 750g/day in 10-20 items, taking 10-15 minutes (being generous).

Beyond that, if you bought a horse, you've got a horse. Same combined stats as on live. Unless you had multiple hybrids (25/25, for instance), you lose nothing. If you do have multiple hybrids, you had the time and $ to level single stat horses the same.

You will have the same riding functionality on 1.6 as you do on live.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    @Reco , again you have the option to recoup something, since you still don't grasp that you'll have the same functionality you currently have, or you can QQ.
    You wrote that I have to option to recoup hundreds of thousands of gold that I spent on duplicate/redundant horses. You were wrong. I can recoup at most 4k per char.

Also, I don't know why you believe that I was talking about losing functionality in 1.6. If you read any of my posts, I was talking solely about losing money (hundreds of thousands) on buying horses that I didn't have to buy. But feel free to continue posting straw-man arguments so you can reply to yourself and hide the fact you don't know what you're talking about.
    Edited by Reco on March 2, 2015 7:17PM
    Options
  • Pelargonia
    Pelargonia
    ✭✭

It's 250g / feeding.
    Fight mobs and you can recoup 750g/day in 10-20 items, taking 10-15 minutes (being generous).

Beyond that, if you bought a horse, you've got a horse. Same combined stats as on live. Unless you had multiple hybrids (25/25, for instance), you lose nothing. If you do have multiple hybrids, you had the time and $ to level single stat horses the same.

Evidently you did not actually comprehend that I do not have time to actually "play" every day, that the gold I spent was long and hard to come by, and that I do have multiple hybrid horses on individual toons (=lots of gold spent on riding skill that will be lost). Of course you mostly just seem to be trying to bait people, have no empathy or care to understand their issues/problems (as evidenced by the flippant response to Reco, as well), that maybe at VR14 you can make 750 gold in 10-15 min but on low level toons that takes a considerable time to make (which I mentioned I do not have every day), and you evidently just want to say nya, nya, nya at them.

We were told we had to decide how to level our horses and that we would have to make trade-offs. If we wanted or needed extra bag space then we could not forego it entirely on a horse we wanted to have extra speed. I am just saying that some of us who chose to go hybrid in our trade-off choices are much more penalized by the implementation of this change in riding skill than those who went single stat. I realize that it is not easy to do these changes in a way that seems fair to everyone but I proposed at least one option for implementation that would be more fair than the current model.

I know that I, and no doubt everyone, if we had known that this implementation would come through eventually, would have gone single stat on all our horses but as it is, this has been sprung on us after a year of work on our toons and mounts following the original model.
    Edited by Pelargonia on March 2, 2015 10:16PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly too late for it now, but it would indeed have been good to have got some reimbursement for the horse feeding that will become redundant. By which I mean, any increase of a horse stat that is lower than the maximum for that skill (eg the 35 speed increases given to a second horse which will be completely ignored if a first horse has 39 speed).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I have to suggest is what I have been asking since lauch: longer, way longer stages for the vampires, please.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's 250g / feeding.

Evidently you did not actually comprehend that I do not have time to actually "play" every day, that the gold I spent was long and hard to come by, and that I do have multiple hybrid horses on individual toons (=lots of gold spent on riding skill that will be lost). Of course you mostly just seem to be trying to bait people, have no empathy or care to understand their issues/problems (as evidenced by the flippant response to Reco, as well), that maybe at VR14 you can make 750 gold in 10-15 min but on low level toons that takes a considerable time to make (which I mentioned I do not have every day), and you evidently just want to say nya, nya, nya at them.

We were told we had to decide how to level our horses and that we would have to make trade-offs. If we wanted or needed extra bag space then we could not forego it entirely on a horse we wanted to have extra speed. I am just saying that some of us who chose to go hybrid in our trade-off choices are much more penalized by the implementation of this change in riding skill than those who went single stat. I realize that it is not easy to do these changes in a way that seems fair to everyone but I proposed at least one option for implementation that would be more fair than the current model.

I know that I, and no doubt everyone, if we had known that this implementation would come through eventually, would have gone single stat on all our horses but as it is, this has been sprung on us after a year of work on our toons and mounts following the original model.
    @Pelargonia, not trying to bait anyone. Just stating the facts. I've been beating my head against a wall in more than one post (and more than one time with @Reco , but you wouldn't have caught the history with that.)

The complaint of having lost money because it was impossible to have foresight as to how they would change things is futile. It's unrealistic and it will produce nothing but unnecessary anguish over something that is not going to change.

I'm not unempathetic - I too am losing $ on hybrids, as I did the same thing. But the idea that you lost $ on something you could not have possibly expected to take place is pointless.

If you want me to concede that you could have used the $ for other means, I concede.

The functionality of the horses - what you really paid for, is still there.

It's a whole lot better than if they had chosen to reset all mounts, refund our gold, and make us take 90 days to get back to max.

It's nothing against you, but this argument is DOA, and threats from people like Reco to 'quit' if they're not reimbursed is completely pointless.

I won't get started about how many times many of us have lost value based on changes made at various points along the way. Against that, you are correct. I am fresh out of empathy because it's a pointless, losing argument.

Trying to at least pass on that knowledge that while you may have 'paid more,' at least you still have what you paid for.

Sell what you have and recoup some $ or be content that you still have everything you paid for prior.

There are 25 minutes left.

Earn it.

Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    What will happen to Skill Points and Stat Points per each Veteran Rank once you remove the VR system?

Will you 1) remove them or 2) will they still be there?

- If 1, this is unfair. You granted Skill Points and Stat Points for Veteran Ranks shortly after you announced that the VR system will be eventually removed. So you gave us something you already know you'll be taking back. What the...

- If 2, this is unfair. How other characters below 50 level will be able to get them after VR removal? Yes, for the sake of fairness, they should have to opportunity to get them as well.

I guess the lack of direct answer for my question from the very first day is because you simply don't know the answer. Thank you, once again. <3
    Edited by F7sus4 on March 3, 2015 2:20PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    You granted Skill Points and Stat Points for Veteran Ranks shortly after you announced that the VR system will be eventually removed. So you gave us something you already know you'll be taking back.
    For this exact reason, they never should have added Skill and Attribute points for VRs. But since they did, they will most likely be staying. For example, you could get them for every third Champion Point until you get 13 of them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you ignored all of the feedback and just went ahead and destroyed the redguard armor. I'm so upset about it I don't even want to play. All of my characters now look horrible. It's even worse how it looks like the staff either fabricated, or cherry-picked the ONE player in the entire game who actually complimented the changes. I've been looking in the forums and almost every single player hates the redguard light and medium armor changes. A FEW players like heavy armor changes, but most have said you should be adding new options, not messing with old costumes. Players who own these costumes chose them because WE LIKED THEM.

I'm honestly barely able to even load the game. I get too depressed every time I see how 7 of my 8 characters have had their look completely vandalized. I was wearing the seadrake disguise or the Forebear Disguise, or the Redguard Light Armor which was better because I could color it. Now I can't even cover up the bad armor because the costumes too were destroyed. There is not one single costume or armor in the game now that looks femine and attractive. Why did you take away the ONLY femine-looking option and replace it with NOTHING except a "Wedding Dress" this is the most sexist thing you could do! So a woman can't look like a woman and look attractive unless she's getting married so she can go be a good housewife!
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Options