Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 6 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• Blastmab14_ESO

Want better graphics in cyrodill? and out?! same fps (might be sight drop) with addons with firefox open playing pandora! (note: 1 -My laptop is more than 5 years old! go buy a cooling pad got mine for 10 dollars cheap :)) And a whole wall of text! ROAR!

Here's what I did; I Just remember from eso beta I had way better graphics when playing. I have been playing with ugly graphic for awhile now (note: 2 - ugly textures on med no reflections on armor, no 2d mapping to make armor pop. but that has changed! NO MORE!) in game because im running a older laptop playing the game. But in beta I was able to play with great graphics. So I wondered what I did different? well at first I test graphics on high (this is the key) I go messing with the presets and turn on high waited for it to load... it load and was unplayable! BUT!!!!
    I customized to
    |
    v
    windowed full screen, VS on, AA off, textures med , subsq med, shadows low, WRG off, MPS 777 ( ultimate perfection ) PSD 47 (ronin), VD 31, AO no, bloom off, Dof off, Distortion no, Sunlight Rays no, Grass off but you could turn on maybe lose a frame or 2 here and there.

Result I was able to see my true Colors which inspired me (while on PTS testing 1.6) to make my own class the Golden Dragon

(NOTE: 3 - it would be nice to hide chest armor just like helmet, add it in the cash shop or for players that subs every month. thank you! you guys took my godhood when you took reflective scale and weaken it. give me the power to hide my armor!)

It displays my tattoo in the right color now. ~It was black and grey the color of night, now it displays Gold and bright. Now I shall vanquish evil's might, No daedra shall escape my site! ALL! who opposes Queen Ayrenn's might shall suffer the
    Brightest Light FOR BEHOLD! I AM REBORN! THE GOLDEN DRAGON KNIGHT!!!!!!!!~

(I killed a VET lvl 14 all powered up nightblade in pvp and i'm only vet 5 :D on pts still counts! without chest armor!)
    getting on shotted by silver blots for 71k not even vamp or werewolf is not fun it would if I reflected it. :wink:
    not taken on pts, pts looks way better! same result
    vACiQ3Q.jpg
    XHSJhcY.jpg
    r80ogvO.jpg
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the cp easier to get instead of trying to peddle us cheap exp boosters for cash.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS - FEEDBACK ON 1.6.2:

Champion system:
    I know the development of the system is too far to make any changes, but I'd like to show how detached from reality some tree perks are:

1) The Ritual - the tree mainly focuses on physical attacks and so are the 10/30/75/120 bonus perks. Except for Thaumaturge ability, which increases damage with magic, poison and disease. How does it correspond with physical perks bonuses It shouldn't be here. (Also, the whole tree doesn't really feel like it's Arcane - blue; it's clearly a Warrior stuff - red),

2) The Tower - same situation with investing into Magician ability that decreases Magicka Spell Costs, when the tree gives you movement reduction with bash (10-point perk) and 20% inspiration boost (30-point perk). How does it complement your choices? Again, Magician shouldn't be here.

3) The Lover - and again same situation with investing into Arcanist ability that increases your Magicka Regeneration, but the tree provides you... 10% chance to double nodes (10-point perk) or reduces gathering time by 50% (btw, completely worthless and unrewarding bonus for a 75-point perk).

4) The Steed - Integrating even more Spell Resistance into Heavy Armor is a flaw and it was already explained in other topic:
    F7sus4 wrote:
    Both Armor and Spell Resistance values seem to favor Heavy Armor and are quite petty with Light Armor, thus making it worthless choice.

Basically, you can have Heavy Armored Tank with great DPS and Light Armored glass-cannon with no DPS advantage. That's a "fair" balance! <3
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It's definitely a bit odd. Armour and Spell Resistance should be inversely proportional - Heavy giving high Armour, low Resistance, and light giving low Armour and high Resistance.
    helediron wrote: »
    I did a test. I made a best build i can make with template stuff for funnel mage, 5light, 2heavy destro/resto. Then i changed destro staff to Advancing Yokeda 2H sword + jewelry from same set. The just opened Forward Momentum and Wrecking Blow, and i did MORE damage. Wrecking Blow won by 1K Funnel Health. And this was with wrong build, no stamina points, all magicka enchants and no passives opened in 2H.

5) The Tower - again, how mostly Stamina cost-reducting tree is rewarding you by granting group healing with 75-point perk?! It plainly fits The Lord that is focused on increasing healing effectiveness, healing from potions etc.

My sincere congratulations to Champion System leader for her "logic", I love you! <3
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 13, 2015 2:51PM
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_EricWrobel

Feedback on the loss of stats due to someone deciding that I am "ranged"(PVE).

There has been much talk of ranged players and melee players and how ZOS is possibly thinking it should affect your DPS/other stats (with ranged providing less of X than melee). I'm not sure if this is the approach you are going to take, however this is some feedback

The assumptions that I'm coming across is that people who use staves only play at range(and the inevitable assumption that they are probably magicka players). This isn't correct. There a skill on the Destruction staff which only works if you are in melee range-Ie Impulse.

If any magicka people use the impulse skill at all, then they will play both in melee range and at a longer range. So I don't think that a staff is strictly an "range" weapon, and surely if that's the things are going, then do bows have the same stats(ie DPS/spell power/weapon power?) as staves? ( I don't know if bows have a close range ability like impulse)

And that's assuming that magicka players use staves only..however magicka players could equip any weapon, which may require range(bow), melee(2 hand) or staff(both melee range and long range)

On a side note if I am a destruction staff user in light armor, I am doing well providing DPS and surviving at melee range. Therefore, I do not think that I should be penalised in DPS/protection etc because someone assumed that the weapon I equipped or the class that I am is ranged, and that because of that, I need to do less damage and die easier as I will never be in melee range,experiencing the same risk as someone who is "melee". Personally as a sorcerer using destro staff(both class and weapon assumed to be ranged) I spend a large (if not the majority)amount of time in melee range ie crit surge/impulse/thundering presence combination, since there are more AOE PVE than single target situations in the game (eg typical dungeon). In addition, there could be people using a ranged skill like a melee eg crit surge/lightning flood/thundering presence combination. So if you are going to base stats on dividing your players into ranged or melee, make sure that the division is accurate.(Although I don't see how that would be possible anyway)

SUMMARY
    So as long as there is a skill on the weapon/class tree that requires you to be in melee range(example Impulse on Destruction staff, Thundering presence on sorc tree and any similar skills on Bow etc), I don't think it is fair that the weapon/class should be lesser in some way(IE less DPS etc) simply because it is assumed that it is a ranged only weapon/class.

With the way the weapons/classes are now, I think stats should be comparable. However if you are going down the route of"ranged players" have reductions in DPS/protection/stats etc due to the fact that they are assumed to be ranged(and have no risk), then any time they are within melee distance to an enemy they should be getting a bonus,since they are taking the same risks as someone else, and getting less stats as a reward.

And quoting from another thread -I'm still mega confused as to why a staff will provide less spell power than a sword..
    Edited by angelyn on February 13, 2015 4:27PM
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Having played twice now with fully new figures from scratch, due to the NA copy being on the PTS, I'm wondering if there's not an option to save this character for a next time.

As I'm not too interested in playing with my characters from the EU server, because of for what I feel is the steep learning curve of what changed all and what became what, I prefer to play with a new character from scratch. Something I'll sure do when Update 6 goes live. similarly I am not interested in using a VR template either. I don't mind playing from the start, but then at some point I would want to progress from there as well and see what possible further bugs lie just past here.

But when next the copy from the EU server comes back, this character I'm playing with will be gone again. I'm wondering if he cannot be saved. As a proposal, and if more people feel this way, wouldn't it be possible to add/merge these new characters to the database copy of the NA server? This to give me the chance to continue playing with this character the next time that the NA copy comes back.

Similarly of course for users of the EU copy, who started a new character because they normally play on the NA server.

Because I think that Update 6 won't be going live until at least April, so you'll have one or two more switches NA->EU->NA->EU coming.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In general my feedback for PTS is that I love a lot of the changes. The various changes and stamina abilities for Nightblades make it much more fun for me to run as a dual wield, sword and board, and bow using wood elf.

My main complaints for 1.6 (besides the nerf on Jewelry enchants) is with some of the new changes to passives and ultimate generation on Nightblades.

I don't like the "Catalyst" passive at all. I appreciate having something that gives me more ultimate (even if it does only amount to 12 every 45 seconds), but I would rather have something like "Get % of Health back when I drink a potion". Maybe that's just me, but given that Nightblades don't have any strong self heals maybe this would be a good place to put something...

For "Transfer" 1 ultimate for a activation of siphon ability every 6 seconds is too long. I feel like the ultimate gain should be increased or the cool down decreased. When I have to get 200 ultimate to drop a whatever morph of the Shadow ultimate I end up using, 10 ultimate per minute (1 ultimate every 6 seconds) doesn't seem like a whole lot of value for a class passive.

I would at least like a class passive comparable to the "Mountain's Blessing" passive on the Dragon Knight "Earthen Heart" skill line which "While Gaining Ultimate" gives 2 ultimate and "Minor Brutality" for 20 seconds to all allies in 30 m for every cast of earthen heart ability. So at least let us give some buff to our allies within 30 m for 20 seconds or similar de-buff to our enemies along with our 1 ultimate every 6 seconds.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Guards have whole stories when you walk past them, but their text doesn't show up on the NPC chat filter options. Didn't do it on Live either, but possibly it's time? I'm quite interested in what they have to say.
    Jord.

Options
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    Game Re-balance
    1) With the removal of soft caps there are scaling issue with the racials which is causing lager difference in DPS and HPS between the different races.

New Combat Animations
    The snipe animation needs to be fix so that it doesn't bug out leaving you looking at the sky as your being killed.

Gameplay and Abilities
    It would be nice if the bow had a dot heal like 2H has
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    Because I think that Update 6 won't be going live until at least April, so you'll have one or two more switches NA->EU->NA->EU coming.
    Update 6 is provisionally set to go live in the week of 23 Feb.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »

There has been much talk of ranged players and melee players and how ZOS is possibly thinking it should affect your DPS/other stats (with ranged providing less of X than melee). I'm not sure if this is the approach you are going to take, however this is some feedback

The assumptions that I'm coming across is that people who use staves only play at range(and the inevitable assumption that they are probably magicka players). This isn't correct. There a skill on the Destruction staff which only works if you are in melee range-Ie Impulse.

If any magicka people use the impulse skill at all, then they will play both in melee range and at a longer range. So I don't think that a staff is strictly an "range" weapon, and surely if that's the things are going, then do bows have the same stats(ie DPS/spell power/weapon power?) as staves? ( I don't know if bows have a close range ability like impulse)

And that's assuming that magicka players use staves only..however magicka players could equip any weapon, which may require range(bow), melee(2 hand) or staff(both melee range and long range)

On a side note if I am a destruction staff user in light armor, I am doing well providing DPS and surviving at melee range. Therefore, I do not think that I should be penalised in DPS/protection etc because someone assumed that the weapon I equipped or the class that I am is ranged, and that because of that, I need to do less damage and die easier as I will never be in melee range,experiencing the same risk as someone who is "melee". Personally as a sorcerer using destro staff(both class and weapon assumed to be ranged) I spend a large (if not the majority)amount of time in melee range ie crit surge/impulse/thundering presence combination, since there are more AOE PVE than single target situations in the game (eg typical dungeon). In addition, there could be people using a ranged skill like a melee eg crit surge/lightning flood/thundering presence combination. So if you are going to base stats on dividing your players into ranged or melee, make sure that the division is accurate.(Although I don't see how that would be possible anyway)

SUMMARY
    So as long as there is a skill on the weapon/class tree that requires you to be in melee range(example Impulse on Destruction staff, Thundering presence on sorc tree and any similar skills on Bow etc), I don't think it is fair that the weapon/class should be lesser in some way(IE less DPS etc) simply because it is assumed that it is a ranged only weapon/class.

With the way the weapons/classes are now, I think stats should be comparable. However if you are going down the route of"ranged players" have reductions in DPS/protection/stats etc due to the fact that they are assumed to be ranged(and have no risk), then any time they are within melee distance to an enemy they should be getting a bonus,since they are taking the same risks as someone else, and getting less stats as a reward.

And quoting from another thread -I'm still mega confused as to why a staff will provide less spell power than a sword..

No, not quite. Thundering Presence is a tanky move meant for tanks or melee fighters. Second, impulse is an AoE attack, and a god damn powerful one at that. It's trade off for being so strong is that it's built for a melee approach, usually after a team has grabbed everything up and there's a healer there to save your ass. Or as a tank, a player could easily use impulse to do the aforementioned aggro grabbing.

Basically what I'm saying is your argument is full of holes and is you're using melee stuff as a caster, it's going to be hard.

Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, another bug fest then. But thanks.
    Jord.

Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what info ?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    Based on what info ?
    OK, today is 2/9 /15. NA characters tomorrow. Next week EU character copy and does 1.6.x go live in two weeks, such as 2/23 /15?

We are aiming to get Update 6 out on the live megaservers the last week of February, yep. If that changes, we'll let everyone know!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • KeplerMG
    KeplerMG
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like complaints about Healing Ritual have gotten a response in 1.6.2. Unfortunately, the spell is now a bit overpowered, and the real issue has not be addressed.

What this ability really needed was a reduced cast time (1 second) and morphs that are worth the skill point. This is a fast paced action RPG and casting times longer than 1 second are completely out of place. It feels like trying to play through a Sonic the Hedgehog game using Mario or Luigi. This spell needs to fit into the game, and it needs to be better than healing springs, but not better in the way that it is on PTS.

I never cared for the animation, and the new "praying so hard i'm shaking" animation is even worse. Actually, the animation is okay on the ultimate in my opinion, but it is not okay on a spell that can be cast over and over again.

I am not a game developer so I don't have the talent to suggest new morphs and animations, but they definitely need to be changed, along with the casting time.
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

SUMMARY

No, not quite. Thundering Presence is a tanky move meant for tanks or melee fighters. Second, impulse is an AoE attack, and a god damn powerful one at that. It's trade off for being so strong is that it's built for a melee approach, usually after a team has grabbed everything up and there's a healer there to save your ass. Or as a tank, a player could easily use impulse to do the aforementioned aggro grabbing.

Basically what I'm saying is your argument is full of holes and is you're using melee stuff as a caster, it's going to be hard.
    My arguement is that if ZOS indeed want to base certain stats such as DPS etc on Melee Vs Range (which they are not doing, since they said in the Live stream that they want to make all damage per second equal across the classes) then they can't do that fairly or accurately with the game in it's current state.

Again, until a person's class and weapon and any skill trees they have access to have no close range skills, you can't call them ranged. Conversely, until a person's class,weapon and any skill trees accessed contains no long range spells, you can't call them melee. You don't know what skills people are using so you can't tell them to take a reduction in stats, simply because you assume(basing your assumption on either their class or their weapon) that they play a certain way(whether it is the optimal way or not), and neither can ZOS unless they are really, really strict and limit a player to only have access to ranged or close range abilities but never both, so that they can fairly differentiate who fits in the close range pile and who fits in the long range pile.
    Edited by angelyn on February 13, 2015 11:21PM
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Complaint about the crafting writs. My very first Clothier Writ, level 12, is...
    Craft 2 Linen shoes, 2 Linen hats and 2 Linen sashes. I got this writ in Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, where jute and hidescraps are the choice materials. Flax and Hide is one province over, Cotton and Leather one further. So I have to wait until I get to end of Deshaan, but more probably Shadowfen before I can gather enough of the materials to make this writ.

Why can't the writ be for the province you're in? Especially the starting writs.
    The woodworking writ was making Maple stafs, the blacksmith writ is about making Iron weapons. So why do I have to wait for ages before I can have a slimmer of hope to do the clothing writ?
    Jord.

Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SUMMARY

My arguement is that if ZOS indeed want to base certain stats such as DPS etc on Melee Vs Range (which they are not doing, since they said in the Live stream that they want to make all damage per second equal across the classes) then they can't do that fairly or accurately with the game in it's current state.

Again, until a person's class and weapon and any skill trees they have access to have no close range skills, you can't call them ranged. Conversely, until a person's class,weapon and any skill trees accessed contains no long range spells, you can't call them melee. You don't know what skills people are using so you can't tell them to take a reduction in stats, simply because you assume(basing your assumption on either their class or their weapon) that they play a certain way(whether it is the optimal way or not), and neither can ZOS unless they are really, really strict and limit a player to only have access to ranged or close range abilities but never both, so that they can fairly differentiate who fits in the close range pile and who fits in the long range pile.

That's actually rather fair, I'll give you that. However it doesn't change the fact that stamina melee is still at a massive disadvantage to Magicka ranged if the numbers are exactly the same, and that's why they're different.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the "Empower" Major buff so that it applies to all of the damage that an AoE does rather than just one of the targets.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit
    Edited by Joejudas on February 14, 2015 11:00AM
    Options
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complaint about the crafting writs. My very first Clothier Writ, level 12, is...
    Craft 2 Linen shoes, 2 Linen hats and 2 Linen sashes. I got this writ in Davon's Watch in Stonefalls, where jute and hidescraps are the choice materials. Flax and Hide is one province over, Cotton and Leather one further. So I have to wait until I get to end of Deshaan, but more probably Shadowfen before I can gather enough of the materials to make this writ.

Why can't the writ be for the province you're in? Especially the starting writs.
    The woodworking writ was making Maple stafs, the blacksmith writ is about making Iron weapons. So why do I have to wait for ages before I can have a slimmer of hope to do the clothing writ?

The things you have to make for the crafting writs are based on the skillpoints you have invested. If you invest a skillpoint that enables you to make linen items in your Clothier skill-line, that is what you're going to have to make for your writ.

For example, I have my blacksmithing maxed out and was able to craft voidsteel items, yet when I respecced and did not put the points back in, my blacksmithing crafting writ asked for iron items.

In short, it is best not to invest the point in being able to craft, for example, linen items until you are actually willing and able to craft them. :)
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the "Catalyst" passive at all. I appreciate having something that gives me more ultimate (even if it does only amount to 12 every 45 seconds), but I would rather have something like "Get % of Health back when I drink a potion". Maybe that's just me, but given that Nightblades don't have any strong self heals maybe this would be a good place to put something...
    Agreed, especially after Veil of Blades nerf. And since Soul Tether is equivalent of just 1-1,5 additional Impulse cast (which is just nothing!), what's the point of being able to cast it only 1 time more after 10 minutes of constant potion drinking? Seriously? (12 Ultimates every 45 seconds, so 200 Ultimate = almost 10 minutes). For some 700-ish one-shot damage?! ZOS, please use math, not meth. <3

I already know the discussion and some claim it might be better to make Catalyst a potion decrease timer passive to 37,5 secs. (with 1/2) and 30 secs. (with 2/2 points invested). It's still bad with potions nerf (e.g. no Spell Damage/Spell Crit stacking, again ZOS), but at least it's something.
    For "Transfer" 1 ultimate for a activation of siphon ability every 6 seconds is too long. I feel like the ultimate gain should be increased or the cool down decreased. When I have to get 200 ultimate to drop a whatever morph of the Shadow ultimate I end up using, 10 ultimate per minute (1 ultimate every 6 seconds) doesn't seem like a whole lot of value for a class passive.
    200% agree, it's obvious. No cooldown is a must (even 2 second cooldown would be arguable). Already stated that here.

Also, Executioner passive, which increases 136 Magicka in 6 seconds? Is that really a passive worth investing 2 points in? I hoped you'll notice that, ZOS. But you didn't, so I point that out. How is the passive any useful? Why doesn't it really scale up with your level and/or Max Magicka? My proposition is: 3% (for 1/2) and 5% Magicka (for 2/2 points invested) restore after kill with Assassination ability.
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 14, 2015 11:37AM
    Options
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    we could use some sort of server wide(excluding cyrodiil) chat to replace broken grouping tool, give ppl 20-30 min cooldown for message and you have imba grouping tool/guild recruiting tool/etc activity channel.

for decent programmer(or team)could take 1 day tops to integrate this into game, helping community.

there would be need to give negative feedback for inappropriate messages to(each negative response adds 1 minute of accounts timer to talk in that chat, enough negative responses could silence a******s for awhile, naturally taking care of misuse of channel).
    Options
  • ForKristSake
    ForKristSake
    ✭✭
    More regarding the Justice System (after much testing):

The immersive feel if the JS is really taking hold now in 1.6.2, and I have a few questions, requests, and comments.
    • Since the visual item-matching aspect does work so well with tomato crates, hanging meat, a fish or piece of beef on a table, etc., do you have plans to incorporate the novelty items (white, green and blue) using this concept in 1.7 or 1.8? Will we later be able to see these items in the world rather than just find them in crates? For example, the beer steins would be on tables, the paintings on the walls, a blanket folded on a bed, ivory hairpins on the nightstand...I think you get the idea.
    • Can you please add more coins on tables in houses and maybe in NPC pockets for pickpocketing? Even if it's a relatively small amount, the sound of the coins when you take them is pretty cool. And you don't have to launder or sell it, which adds even more variety to thievery.
    • I think the guards are calibrated properly now. You can actually get away from them every once in a while, and I think I had my most exhilarating moment in ESO to date when I successfully fled a guard and made it to the refuge (yes, the one refuge that was far away) because I had over 2000g worth of loot and I wasn't about to just give all that up. I chose to flee, broke CC once, went invisible while running past another guard and jumped into the refuge. The tension was awesome. Please keep the refuge entrances this way so people don't just camp out near their favorite refuge entrance and grind one area over and over again without ever getting caught. It's way too easy that way.
    • You should be able to see if stealing is possible without having to be crouched. Can you add a visual cue while standing that shows if a player is within an NPC's field of view, like when the eye icon is part-way open when crouched?
    • The devs are doing a great job in 1.6 matching items with visual surroundings and location. E.g. I found a deserted fishing spot, and the backpack, barrel and basket had a green item (spyglass), Chub, and Salmon respectively. The logical detail makes the world feel more real.
    • Players should be able to use a door at any time when caught committing a crime inside a building. Currently, it seems you can only use the door to leave if 1) it's an NPC chasing you, and 2) if you run far enough away in a larger building. Seems like you should be able to just leave the building no matter what since you still have a bounty.
    Options
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    The things you have to make for the crafting writs are based on the skillpoints you have invested. If you invest a skillpoint that enables you to make linen items in your Clothier skill-line, that is what you're going to have to make for your writ.

For example, I have my blacksmithing maxed out and was able to craft voidsteel items, yet when I respecced and did not put the points back in, my blacksmithing crafting writ asked for iron items.

In short, it is best not to invest the point in being able to craft, for example, linen items until you are actually willing and able to craft them. :)

It's not the only problem.
    My main character is now VR2 and can craft up to calcinium/kresh/birch (aka my level). I'm doing the writs asking for those (because I don't want to have to run several zones away to get the components for an armour/weapon writ) and I have to bring the quests back to Coldharbour where only ebony/yew can be found.
    Meanwhile, enchanting wise, I craft level 7 potency runes and my writs are sending me to craglorn. But if it asks me to bring a blue rune, it's always a level 5 potency rune (aka Pode) which I can't find any more as it's too low level.

And hubby as a crafting alt which is a level 9 sorcerer but maxed out in enchanting and she cannot get the max-level writs because she's too low level adventuring-wise (char does have the ports to Coldharbour and Craglorn). Imo, players should get an option to choose which zone they want to bring back the items in (and the best would be to be able to choose from several level-ranges too).
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    Problem here is, that I haven't put a point in for cotton & leather. I did put one in for flax and hide, but not any further. I couldn't even have done this, because my clothing rank is 7, cotton and leather unlocks at 10.
    Jord.

Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember the fight to get Balreth imprisoned was heavy, difficult, epic. Best done with more than one person. I'm a level 13 Templar and I just finished this by myself. With 4 fireballs and one javelin. That's not right.

The whole quest leading up to this fight was more work than the actual fight was.
    Edited by Ageless on February 14, 2015 8:57PM
    Jord.

Options
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there going to be some way to turn off the justice system or opt out of it?

Cause how it is now, if I'm in the middle of a market surrounded by lots of NPC's and I accidently hit R instead of E (they are, after all right next to each other on the keyboard) I just mass bombed the area, and have every guard now wanting a piece of me.

Or is there and I'm not seeing it, and if that is the case, it needs to be clearer where this option is.

Edit: Found it, perhaps having the system (harming innocents) set to not harm initially and then an in game mail with instructions on how to turn that option off would be better.
    Edited by Brother_Numsie on February 14, 2015 10:15PM
    Options
  • Darthgil
    Darthgil
    Plz introduce the "Poison System". I want to poison my enemies, and not have several poison pots in my inventory for nothing. Plz!
    Norrix V16 EP Magicka Sorcerer

The true and the only Swag Master
    Solo gameplay or Ginger Squad troll mode

Options
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    dont give the better morph Of class skills to stamina builds

for example Ambush, Unstable Flame

MORE MORPHS PLEASE
    Edited by Perichor on February 15, 2015 12:06PM
    Options
  • takai.kurosawab14_ESO
    This is from the original Patch 1.6 notes.
    Critical Resistance now reduces the bonus damage caused by a Critical hit, and with enough, can reduce the bonus damage to 0.
    The amount of Critical Resistance required to completely eliminate the unmodified bonus damage from a Critical hit is 50 * (your Character Level + your Veteran Rank number).
    For example, a VR14 would be 50 * (50 + 14).

I did a bit of thinking on this, and I find the formula downright stupid. Lower level player characters are completely capable of mitigating bonus damage from Critical Hits, but higher level players cannot as it is impossible to do so with the current game mechanics in 1.6.

To nullify the bonus damage entirely that is caused by a Critical Hit, a VR14 would need to have a Crit Resistance of 3200. A set of 8 crafted crit resist pieces (Full Armor + Shield) that's fully upgraded to legendary (gold) only gives 1600 crit resist; half of what's needed to nullify the bonus damage.

However, a Lvl20 requires 1000 crit resist to nullify bonus damage caused by Critical Hits. This can be achieved by having a full set of 7 crit resist pieces (6 green, 1 blue).

A Lvl10 requires 500 crit resist to nullify bonus damage caused by Critical Hits. 5 white crit resist pieces gives 600 crit resist, 4 green crit resist pieces gives 560; more than necessary to nullify bonus damage.

A Lvl3 requires 150 crit resist to nullify bonus damage entirely. This is easily attainable with 2 white crit resist pieces, giving a crit resist value of 240.
    Options