Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• davidcombs7
    Definately should be able to do race change. Some of us have lives and cant make 6 characters. I have 2 NB one imperial and 1 khajitt. Idk which will be better end game. The ability to switch wpuld make a lot of people come back since many chose the wrong race. I got lucky and picked redguard templar so i got lucky for stamplar or magplar or healer if i want to. But i dont want to do 100 hours on a khajitt to realize imperial is better.

Thanks ZOS, this game is great just wish they had a trials grouping tool some of us just got on eso and dont have solid groups.

So,
    1. Trials grouping tool with a plus or minus 5 lvl cap.
    2. Race change.
    3. Master Trader Guild that anyone can sell something would be nice. Then the other trader guilds would be competitive pricing.

-Re4
  • davidcombs7
    Also if we are getting a vote to kick, i think it should be +/- 5 lvls also. You cant carry a lvl 20 healer, or a Dk or NB that doesnt have enough skill points or the right abilities. Im not asking everyone to be perfect but even if it was tied to how many dungeons someone has done so the same familiarity with game mechanics would be nice. Also increase grouping tool to lvl 20. Unless you only quest your not going to have enough skill points to lay down Hots, buffs, debuffs, etc. A healer with no skills morphed will wipe the whole team on every boss fight.
  • davidcombs7
    I have a ps4, no addons for me :( i need the same addons as pc has or maybe i should just play on pc.
  • charlmgn
    charlmgn
    ✭✭✭
    Why can we not hunt down the Dark Brotherhood, as in previous TES games? I was looking forward to taking the opposing side.
  • AksonVajir123
    Will you be making the aether, yokeda, and ophidian armor sets tradeable? They aren't max level and they've been in the game for quite some time. Would help people who don't have time to grind trials repeatedly.
    Edited by AksonVajir123 on May 30, 2016 11:15PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask, what is the purpose of Bind On Pickup? Or, for that matter, binding armour once you dye it. Why can't I sell gear I've outranked, just because I dyed it?
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask, what is the purpose of Bind On Pickup? Or, for that matter, binding armour once you dye it. Why can't I sell gear I've outranked, just because I dyed it?

Bind on Pickup:
    These are supposed to be limited items as a reward and as such they are meant to be untradeable, binding them to the account is one way of locking them to this.

Bind on DYE:
    Because the DYES used are achievement based, so for example something dyed Coldharbor Ash Black (Defeat Molag Bal) shouldn't be available to a player that hasn't achieved that or you open up a gold for colours situation and reduce the added value of several achievements.

Note: You can dye bind equipment you then bank for an alt to pick up and that is allowed, as the dye colours are unlocked per account.

Seeing a lower level character in gear that colour lets me know at least one of their alts has beaten Molag Bal, maxed a craft skill or similar, it's easier to recognise once you figure out which achievement unlocks which colour.
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on May 31, 2016 12:47PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bind on Pickup:
    These are supposed to be limited items as a reward and as such they are meant to be untradeable, binding them to the account is one way of locking them to this.

Bind on DYE:
    Because the DYES used are achievement based, so for example something dyed Coldharbor Ash Black (Defeat Molag Bal) shouldn't be available to a player that hasn't achieved that or you open up a gold for colours situation and reduce the added value of several achievements.

Note: You can dye bind equipment you then bank for an alt to pick up and that is allowed, as the dye colours are unlocked per account.

Seeing a lower level character in gear that colour lets me know at least one of their alts has beaten Molag Bal, maxed a craft skill or similar, it's easier to recognise once you figure out which achievement unlocks which colour.

Bind on Pickup as a reward, okay yes I get that. Sucks that I can't give them to my guild for decon though.

Bind on Dye - I should be able to clear the dye and sell it - that way the achievement doesn't show for someone who hasn't earned it. As far as some of the colours are concerned though, it's not possible (on console, anyway) to tell the difference between some of them. Don't ask me the names, but I've tried a few similar shades of red and blue on my armour and seen no change.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, why do hate tanking in this game? No Aoe Taunt, ok, take away stamina regen while blocking, ok, we completely learned a new style with magica regen. Then you move the passive to up resistance and put it in the same tree with our magica reduced cost and regen, without increasing champion cap. Someone obviously hates tanks and I would love to have them come on the show and reveal themselves to explain why. It's hard enough to find skilled tanks as it is.

Sincerely,

The second best tank on PS4.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would like to enquire if you have any plans to allow more cross alliance questing? Hopefully maybe one day doing away with the alliance thing altogether outside of Cyrodiil?

Santie she has many friends and a lovely guild but it is troublesome to arrange guild events - even small ones - when so many friends are unable to meet up. The dungeon runs they are fun yes but not everyone wants to run the dungeons always - sometimes friends just like to go fishing together.

This question also has nothing to do with the fact Khajiit may have accidentally hired her new apprentice Spiny Tim in the wrong alliance.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would like to enquire if you have any plans to allow more cross alliance questing? Hopefully maybe one day doing away with the alliance thing altogether outside of Cyrodiil?

Santie she has many friends and a lovely guild but it is troublesome to arrange guild events - even small ones - when so many friends are unable to meet up. The dungeon runs they are fun yes but not everyone wants to run the dungeons always - sometimes friends just like to go fishing together.

This question also has nothing to do with the fact Khajiit may have accidentally hired her new apprentice Spiny Tim in the wrong alliance.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Always awesome Santie. I love finding your posts across the Forums.

Anyway, as for my questions @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

1) Have you noticed the growing wave of very unsatisfied Sorcerers growing, @ZOS? Yes? Any plans to address the many problems with the class?

2) You guys killed Ninglenel and as usual are staying very silent about it! Can you please explain why we are not allowed to have test dummies again? I mean, they are not that hard to script if you guys got to one through a bug, right?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one for when Brian is next on the show.

Q: Are there any plans currently or even in the thought stage to address the proliferation of rival faction alts running scrolls for their own side. This is an issue because characters in your faction are immune to your own damage and there is no counter (bar rolling a rival faction alt yourself) to this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the post where these questions are answered?

Also, when is the next ESO Live episode???
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the post where these questions are answered?

Also, when is the next ESO Live episode???

They usually select the easier questions to answer and read them in the ESO Live.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Maybe one for when Brian is next on the show.

Q: Are there any plans currently or even in the thought stage to address the proliferation of rival faction alts running scrolls for their own side. This is an issue because characters in your faction are immune to your own damage and there is no counter (bar rolling a rival faction alt yourself) to this.

Hey, spies are a thing!!! The joke aside though, I do agree if you can prove someone is doing this their character should simply be killed, losing everything in its inventory. I don't see it as a ban worthy offense, but the person should lose the character when caught.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to fix the health bars the way you said you would a few ESO Lives ago? Perhaps a setting where we can scale them down? Also, make it so they correctly shrink in size as they get farther away? I ask this because I grew to relying upon them and very much dislike what you did with them. I logged in yesterday, saw that they had not yet been fixed and promptly logged out. Since I am not subscribed, I don't feel compelled to play a game that was made to look uglier beyond my control. Yes, I could shut them off, but I rely upon them when in dark places.
    Edited by nathan_bri on June 2, 2016 6:23PM
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Any information about battlegrounds, arenas and dueling? When could we hope to see these added?
  • xeroflare357
    i was doin the main quest on my alt and i got the quest to go into the vile labratory in coldharbour and i got in got to the part where i had to get the blood and the quest glitched as i entered the door and i was stuck in the door i couldnt get out but i was able to go back to teh previous room but then i couldnt even get out of the place tilli abandoned teh quest ,tried again and same result are you guys gonna fix the quest or you gonna wait till hundreds of ppl have to complain about it coz there were 5 ppl havin the same problem just while i was in there .
    Buliwyf Steelheart - Nord Templar Crafter
    Chiaia Wahanly - High Elf Sorcerer Wizard
    Type Alpha Ikaros - Breton Sorcerer Ranger
    Type Delta Astraea - Imperial DragonKnight Tank
    Aegis The Blackheart - Redguard NightBlade Nightmare
  • Belazarus
    Belazarus
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS, loving the Dark Brotherhood DLC - thank you!

Since this year is the "Focus on Social" year for ESO, Myself and my community, Alith, are very interested to know if you have any plans to introduce new & exciting Player Guild features, tools and general game content (such as guild questing for example).

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Belazarus (Alith Guild Leader) and the whole Alith community

ps. click here for more detail around the question:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/267148/eso-focus-on-social-where-is-it-player-guild-features-letter-to-zos/p1
    bel-small2.png
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know if siphoning attacks are bugged?
    My regen is not what it used to be after DB patch.
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • speeez
    speeez
    ✭✭✭
    Does a charged trait on a maelstrom weapon have no actual effect on the weapon? For example, a Maelstrom Battle Axe weapon with a charged trait.
    Edited by speeez on June 4, 2016 7:40AM
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/speeeztv
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/speeeztv
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    can you add the ability to donate to beggars ??
    can you add equipable backpacks/ bags similar to bag you pull out when shown to others as looking through your inventory? (possible cosmetic DLC where you can change the skin/appearance of the bag)
    can you make the throwing knife impale animation actually look like a throwing knife? as well as the lotus fan skill displaying actual thrown knives
    can you fix that annoying sound bug with random ear piercing sounds randomly happening for no reason?
    can you make a 1 handed fencer or kendo fighting style, that is mostly stamina? like a weapon master only role, with blocks and parries with the sword itself
    Can you allow us to disable XP buff or scale XP down, so we don't overlevel early game content? every continent i go to, I am overleveled for because of XP buff and how you've sped up the leveling process. I want to level slower, take my time with the game.
    Drinking / Drunk effects plz
    Edited by kratier on June 4, 2016 3:07PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way you think @kratier
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, seriously now, will we ever get those anoying squeaking sounds fixed? I am not sure if you are aware of it, but since the TG DLC, there were sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTuQI3Yo-8

(this sound was just few seconds and gone, then again in half an hour for few seconds and gone, I told to my self WTH, but ok, nevermind...)

but yesterday I played the DB DLC first time, and suddenly, a sound like this was repeating in an infinite loop, it just kept going on and on, and even reload UI did not help, just relogging helped:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJzZgPIIx8w

(this was really too much annoying, please fix it asap!!!!)

I am not trolling or anything like that. Please fix these annoying sounds asap!!

I am PC EU, my computer is totally strong one, new one, so it should be not my hardware.

anyone else experienced this?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Edited by altemriel on June 4, 2016 8:37PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    can you add the ability to donate to beggars ??
    can you add equipable backpacks/ bags similar to bag you pull out when shown to others as looking through your inventory? (possible cosmetic DLC where you can change the skin/appearance of the bag)
    can you make the throwing knife impale animation actually look like a throwing knife? as well as the lotus fan skill displaying actual thrown knives
    can you fix that annoying sound bug with random ear piercing sounds randomly happening for no reason?
    can you make a 1 handed fencer or kendo fighting style, that is mostly stamina? like a weapon master only role, with blocks and parries with the sword itself
    Can you allow us to disable XP buff or scale XP down, so we don't overlevel early game content? every continent i go to, I am overleveled for because of XP buff and how you've sped up the leveling process. I want to level slower, take my time with the game.
    Drinking / Drunk effects plz

"can you fix that annoying sound bug with random ear piercing sounds randomly happening for no reason?"

this one is really annoying totally!!! I hate it!!! please fix it asap ZOS!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, why is it not possible to use Blade of Woe on innocents? I would love to use this executioner on NPCs or Monsters!!!
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Why have you made sorcs so completely useless? Do you have any plans to adjust this class which currently is unwanted in PvP or end game PvE?

2) Sorcs have a lot of abilities which have to be toggled on (pets, armour) this really limits the point of a second bar, are there any plans to address this and allow them to not have to replicate abilities on every bar.

3) I have been trying out Bound Aegis now it doesn't make my char look stupid. However I keep clicking on it in error and turning it off. Couldn't this ability be set like other toggle abilities to cast a heal if clicked on when already up.

4) Sorcs now appear to be dead in PvP with hardly any being seen. It looks like most sorc players have gone off to play a night blade or another game. However the few that do remain none use pets, given pets are so completely useless in PvP do you have any plans to make them no so, or have they got all the improvements they need and these skills are just not viable for PvP?

5) Does the Argonian Amphibious ability trigger when a poison triggers. If not why not? BTW this is the most hated racial in the entire game, please could we have it replaced with something actually useful?

6) We were told that the DB would not force us to play insane killers and all the people who we would be murdering were evil, So far to get my DB rank up to continue the story I have had to murder a lot of good people, not to mention the pointless murder to start the quest. Why did you create a DLC where we have to play killers and have no choice, and then tell people this wasn't the case before release?
    Edited by AshTal on June 7, 2016 4:45PM
  • skifastestub17_ESO
    skifastestub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Zenimax! Here are my questions:

#1 - I love the introduction of nameplates and health bars, but they don't really mesh well with the art style of the PC UI. Would it be possible to change / include a setting for matching the new health bar style with the style of the existing health bars or vice-versa?

#2 - As I'm beginning to create more characters, I'm increasingly becoming aware of the poor settings exchange between characters. It is extremely frustrating having to go in and change settings (UI, key binds, etc.) separately for each character if I create a new character or want to adjust a setting on my existing characters. Would it be possible to synchronize some settings across characters, effectively making them account-wide?

Thanks, Zenimax!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    ZOS, why is it not possible to use Blade of Woe on innocents? I would love to use this executioner on NPCs or Monsters!!!

You can , I kill npcs in rivenspire all the time
    Any npc u can pickpocket you can blade of woe. If u close to them it's pickpocket , too far vamp drain , in the middle is blade of woe.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on June 5, 2016 3:29PM
This discussion has been closed.