Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sethro_27 wrote: »
    When Will other players be able to see The names of our pets and mounts.? Why bother naming them when other players cant ser

Anf for The love of Everything holy add text chat! Console players arena stupid,we know how to type, you cant ignore that question forever

The bit about mount names has been asked already, and frankly I'd be against it. Just as in real life if you want to know an animal's name just ask the owner lol but I suppose there is no harm in seeing a vanity pet's name when putting the crosshair on it. After all what's a few furballs getting in your way eh? :p

As for your second one: yes they can :p but it isn't so much that as it is whatever reason they have and stick to.
    Sethro_27 wrote: »
    When will Argonian's get passives that compete with let's say 15 % bonus to health and stamina on a Khajiit?

What you don't like speed swimming? :p Also races were never truly about the passives, and nobody wants them to be. That is why the racial passives are not that decisive.

I would have to disagree respectivly i think it is pretty decisive considering that wit 10000 attribute points they can negate that dmg by 1500 and than continuously attack. Not to be a negative Nancy cause I love your guys work and support you, but it seems like someone who can out sneak, out attack, and out heal you seems a lil off. I do know you can attack more cause of min max, but there's also no cp that do maxes. But to be competitive as an Argonian you can't 1v1. Thank you for your response Joe! I hope you guys can help me bring it back to the Hist a bit.

Your welcome lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Topic: Veteran Rank Removal

With the upcoming removal of veteran ranks, will players with characters who have already leveled to v16 be compensated in addition to the champion points they've already earned from v1 to v16?

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

Hey @pcdunkleyub17_ESO (aka Dunkmeister), here is what we have been told:
    A little context here before this gets too out of hand…
    1. We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
    2. The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
    3. When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
    4. To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)

Additional Details:
    • We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
    • When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
    • We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)

Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)

Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions.

So yes, for your first character: A player who has leveled 8 VR16 characters will get the same number of CPs that a player who has leveled 1 VR16 character. As @UltimaJoe777 said, these plans are tentative and subject to change.

This bugs me too -- I think who have multi VR16 chars should be a higher bonus than those who have low VR or based on the number of VR16s one has. I have 7 VR16s.

If I were you @k9mouse I wouldn't worry about leveling the 8th.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions for next time

1) Are we going to see better racials for Argonians, they are still by far the worst. Would it be game breaking to give them the same health as Nords get and replace the health, magica and stamina restore with potions to be something useful, even just borrow another racial - until the planned complete re-roll of the racials when race changes come in.

2) Why does it take so long to balance abilities which are being abused in PvP. When 90% of deaths come from the same 2 or 3 abilities and one person spamming Devouring swarm and Steel Tornado can out damage 5 people all using single person attacks why does it take months/years for this to be corrected?

3) What is going to happen to the DC after the events of Orcsinium. Without giving too much away as a spoiler will we see any changes to the allegiance of the Orcs or should the DLC be considered completely stand alone with no impact on the rest of the game.

4) When Veteran ranks are removed and the inclusion of more DLC's so we don't have to play through Cadwell Silver and Gold (Which I found to be story destroying and little more than a grind) will we see more things become account wide such as Sky Shards, achievements and alliance ranks so we don't feel that we have to play through sections we don't enjoy just for the skill points.

5) Will the next DLC be completely centred around the Thieves Guild and Dark Brother hood or will it be worth buying for people who might not want to take their character down either route - Killer or thief so don't want to join either guild.
    Options
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMORPG.com just rated TESOTU the best MMORPG of 2015!! Congratulations, and how about using this to advertise and bring more players to our community??
    Options
  • wigglesgaming26
    Do we have any idea on when VR will be removed? I've heard first and third quarter releases. Just like to know more about when to expect it
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    Questions for next time

3) What is going to happen to the DC after the events of Orcsinium. Without giving too much away as a spoiler will we see any changes to the allegiance of the Orcs or should the DLC be considered completely stand alone with no impact on the rest of the game.

4) When Veteran ranks are removed and the inclusion of more DLC's so we don't have to play through Cadwell Silver and Gold (Which I found to be story destroying and little more than a grind) will we see more things become account wide such as Sky Shards, achievements and alliance ranks so we don't feel that we have to play through sections we don't enjoy just for the skill points.

5) Will the next DLC be completely centred around the Thieves Guild and Dark Brother hood or will it be worth buying for people who might not want to take their character down either route - Killer or thief so don't want to join either guild.

The DLCs are standalone and have no impact on the alliances. The Orcs wish only to make a home no one will destroy, because everyone always tries to.

Cadwell's Silver and Gold will still be a thing and things like that will always be required be done per character.

There is more to DLC patches than just the new content. Also only the areas featured in the DLC require you get the DLC to go to it but any of the content from said area such as items and stuff can be obtained without going there, provided it isn't Bind on Pickup lol
    Do we have any idea on when VR will be removed? I've heard first and third quarter releases. Just like to know more about when to expect it

Definitely not Q1, that's just a bogus rumor. Q3 is more reasonable, but not guaranteed.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHERE AND WHEN IS CONSOLE CHAT COMING
    Options
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why we could no longer use grouping tool to find people to quest together in world maps??
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For pvp campaing, have you ever tough to limit graphic perfomance on the server ? I believe most player would be up for it ! Would it be something that could be done ?
    Options
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you please bring back the group tool function that we could quest in the world maps with other players? ESO really really needs to become more group friendly, and the change in group tool functions is quite the opposite of what a lot of new players want to see.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Can we have an official (pinned) thread for small quality of life improvement suggestions.

This is something another MMO does called "little things" and it's a thread where players can come and request small changes which wouldn't require too much work but make their lives easier. Normally this is small UI issues etc.

This means that development have an area they can go and find little nice things they can throw into each large patch (or incremental) to help make players happier.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have different colored quest markers? Maybe blue for repeatables (crafting writs, dailies) and gold for main quests in a zone, leaving white for side quests. I think that would help alot in towns.
    Options
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some great Ideas/questions here! I add some wishes/questions (=when?) from my side:

Q1: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/232196/eta-on-more-character-slots?#reply-anchor

Q2: Werewolf-Skins and Werewolf-Polymorph/Skin for WW players

Q3: More Vampire- Skills (Gargoil-Ultimate)

Q4: Account-wide PVP Rank (Or at least the chance to link it if wanted)

Q5: XP-Stop

Q6: Additional Backpack-ITEMSLOT (not only cosmetics!). ---> Aditional place for Setitems/cosmetics (like a CAPE!)

Q7: More civil-cloaths (not only other colors... other skins... and the possibility to alter the color)

Q8: New weapons: "1h staff aka scepter", "Speer" (Beeing able to craft more items with wood).

Q9: New races

10: New classes: Necromancer (1 summoning healing creature-tree, 1 summoning weapons),

11: Option to not show summoned armor/magelight

Any of things going to happen soon? /when?

(I know, that some of this stuff is already in the pipeline)
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the answer given on ESO live they dont want players being able to hide abilities in PVP, which is complete *** as every costume I have can already hide bound aegis and if you want to keep the look of your current armour use Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask as it's only the head (which can be turned off lol )
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please bring back the group tool function that we could quest in the world maps with other players? ESO really really needs to become more group friendly, and the change in group tool functions is quite the opposite of what a lot of new players want to see.

I don't see any reason why you cannot use group finder, form a group, and go adventuring with said group (unless any of them are in a different faction, then you can't... yet) if they are ok with it. However, players themselves usually use Group Finder for dungeons, so you're honestly better off forming a group with friends or guild mates.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    Some great Ideas/questions here! I add some wishes/questions (=when?) from my side:

Q1: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/232196/eta-on-more-character-slots?#reply-anchor

Q2: Werewolf-Skins and Werewolf-Polymorph/Skin for WW players

Q3: More Vampire- Skills (Gargoil-Ultimate)

Q4: Account-wide PVP Rank (Or at least the chance to link it if wanted)

Q5: XP-Stop

Q6: Additional Backpack-ITEMSLOT (not only cosmetics!). ---> Aditional place for Setitems/cosmetics (like a CAPE!)

Q7: More civil-cloaths (not only other colors... other skins... and the possibility to alter the color)

Q8: New weapons: "1h staff aka scepter", "Speer" (Beeing able to craft more items with wood).

Q9: New races

10: New classes: Necromancer (1 summoning healing creature-tree, 1 summoning weapons),

Any of things going to happen soon? /when?

(I know, that some of this stuff is already in the pipeline)

2: They have already confirmed this will not be done. I forget the reason but feel free to peruse the last few ESO Live feeds for it lol

4: They have stated they do not want things like this, achievements, skyshards, etc. shared account-wide.

5: This has been suggested already but no word yet. Chances are by the time Vet Ranks go this concept will have lost purpose.

6: ESO Plus members will be getting a Crafting Bag in the future. No Inventory expansions have been announced, planned, or even suggested since we heard this news, mainly because they won't be necessary lol but capes are currently not on the way due to the stress it would cause the servers.

9: Won't happen due to lore-breaking.

10: Sorcerers already have a summoning skill line, and the Morkuldin set allows you to summon weapons to fight for you. I honestly do not believe we will get new classes, but that's not to say current classes won't get a new skill line!
    Options
  • shadowFOX992
    I can't login to the game on ps4 keeps discounting me saying im not connected to psn
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    About, not be willing to suppress some buff visual !

Do you think that costume should be use while in pvp ? I know they are reward or stuff you actualy bought but I do feel pretty stupid when I start hitting someone who look like a peasan that is actually wearing heavy armor... I know that visual buff are something that player rely upon but so is armor !
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    About, not be willing to suppress some buff visual !

Do you think that costume should be use while in pvp ? I know they are reward or stuff you actualy bought but I do feel pretty stupid when I start hitting someone who look like a peasan that is actually wearing heavy armor... I know that visual buff are something that player rely upon but so is armor !

You see a skeleton dual wielding in Cyrodiil, what do you think it is?
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be discount on costume set in crown store this holidays?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't see any reason why you cannot use group finder, form a group, and go adventuring with said group (unless any of them are in a different faction, then you can't... yet) if they are ok with it. However, players themselves usually use Group Finder for dungeons, so you're honestly better off forming a group with friends or guild mates.

The function is not there anymore, right now the group finder could only be used to form groups for dungeons and PVP. There's no group finder for world map questing and leveling groups anymore!
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't login to the game on ps4 keeps discounting me saying im not connected to psn

This isn't really the thread to post this in lol if you are having a problem on your PS4 that is not the PS4's fault or anything then use the PlayStation4 Technical Support forum found here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/playstation-4-technical-support

This thread is for questions that will be answered during ESO Live, so if you wanted this answered it would not have a chance to be until next month lol

The function is not there anymore, right now the group finder could only be used to form groups for dungeons and PVP. There's no group finder for world map questing and leveling groups anymore!

Yes but you don't have to go to said dungeon once the group is formed, unless your group only wants to go to said dungeon lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 15, 2015 1:02AM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but you don't have to go to said dungeon once the group is formed, unless your group only wants to go to said dungeon lol
    I think you actually do have to go to the dungeon - if you form a group using Group Finder you're sent directly to the dungeon, and if you try to leave the dungeon you are pulled back.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  •  joshylonstoky
    Hi guys! :) I would like to know if you guys can add an item that could change the characters appearance. Somtthing like opening the player creation menu, just like the woman from riften in The Elder Scroll V Skyrim. Also it could be really helpful to be able to change race. Since the racial skill changes from time to time.

PS: Love you Gina <3 ! Congratulations for you baby!
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we please have different colored quest markers? Maybe blue for repeatables (crafting writs, dailies) and gold for main quests in a zone, leaving white for side quests. I think that would help alot in towns.

I love this idea
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the rarest 2H sword in ESO right now? Whether it be bind of pickup or bind on equip?... Because technically a V16 version of Sai Sahans sword, the Sword Saint's Blade, would be the most rare right?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I think you actually do have to go to the dungeon - if you form a group using Group Finder you're sent directly to the dungeon, and if you try to leave the dungeon you are pulled back.

Possibly, but until Grouping with other factions is more compatible throughout the game it may remain this way, and for that very reason.
    Hi guys! :) I would like to know if you guys can add an item that could change the characters appearance. Somtthing like opening the player creation menu, just like the woman from riften in The Elder Scroll V Skyrim. Also it could be really helpful to be able to change race. Since the racial skill changes from time to time.

PS: Love you Gina <3 ! Congratulations for you baby!

Barber Shop coming soon.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 15, 2015 3:14AM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    What is the rarest 2H sword in ESO right now? Whether it be bind of pickup or bind on equip?... Because technically a V16 version of Sai Sahans sword, the Sword Saint's Blade, would be the most rare right?

Look into the Draugr's Heratige 2h set piece, as whilst Sai Sahan's sword is easily (in a manner of speaking) obtainable in-game, that sword is very, very difficult to get in VR16.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to hear more stories and to explore more regions of Tamriel and even Nirn.

Imperial City, Orsinium, Abah's Landing, Gold Coast, Murkmire, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm. What else can you tell and show us about long planned and about unreleased content? What other regions do you plan to bring alive? Vvandenfell? Black March? Elsweyr? Sumerset Isles? Skyrim? Hammerfell? Other parts of Nirn? Still no plans for an expansion pack that will give us a lot of new things to do and lots of new areas to visit? 4DLC's a year is one thing but its another thing if once in 2 3 years the world get expanded with a dozens of new areas only good to keep us busy. :)
    Options
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Does the Dragontail Goat/Ram fight for you, or I should say...will it fight for me?
    High Elf, VampArconist
    Options
This discussion has been closed.