Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M'Hael wrote: »
    (Pronounced Ma Hail)

2 quick clarifications

1. True or False, waiting to put all 4 pinions down on a dolmen until the end of the first phase increases your chance of getting a rare boss in the second phase?

2. When a skill doesn't state a range, is there an "assumed range" (some say 5 meters). i.e. Templar's Dark Flare says "afflicts target and nearby enemies with Major Defile" ... how nearby?

Love the game, thanks for doing ESO Live!

Reverend M'Hael

1. False. However, some people do like to kill all the Daedra before dropping the 4th pinion so please be courteous and let them :)
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 23, 2015 7:36PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • steff127b16_ESO
    My question would be if we ever get Style-Motifs that let us craft the new Faction-Armor sets introduced with IC? I think lots of people like them a lot, they just look really awesome and it would be a shame for them to vanish into insignificance after a few DLC's (if you get my meaning)
    Please please please :)
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question would be if we ever get Style-Motifs that let us craft the new Faction-Armor sets introduced with IC? I think lots of people like them a lot, they just look really awesome and it would be a shame for them to vanish into insignificance after a few DLC's (if you get my meaning)

During the recent Reddit AUA, they confirmed we would be getting the Trinimac/Malacath style gear as motifs. I would love to be able to craft gear in the IC EP PvP gear. I love that style!
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options
  • steff127b16_ESO
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    During the recent Reddit AUA, they confirmed we would be getting the Trinimac/Malacath style gear as motifs. I would love to be able to craft gear in the IC EP PvP gear. I love that style!
    Yeah heard about that, looking forward to it :P and the IC armors just rock.. Especially the EP one, and imho also the AD one :D not a fan of the DC armor though, its's just to 'ordinary' for my taste ^^ I guess they could make a *** of money from making IC style craftable :P wouldn't even mind paying 5k crowns for each style seperately
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Can we get an ESO live after dark special sometime to ask the more mature questions like:

Did queen Ayren buy Razum-dar as a crown store mount?

Before the 3 banner war were oil catapults used to help with the imperial Greco-Roman wrestling matches?

If this were the Rocky Horror picture show, would the casting be like (minor spoilers):
    Mannimarco - Dr. Frank N. Furter
    Molag Bal - both Riff Raff & Magenta
    Aelif - Columbia
    Abnur Tharn - The Criminologist
    Lyris Titanborn - Janet Weiss
    Sai Sahan - Brad Majors
    The Prophet - Dr. Everett V. Scott
    Darien Gautier - Eddie
    The Vestige - Rocky Horror

Given Bosmer close relation to beasts when shape shifting, do they have kids 1 at a time or in litters?

If a bosmer kills someone that recently ate a salad, do they avoid the vegetables like a 5 year old sitting at a dinner table?

Can spider Daedra get drunk on caffeine?

If there is a female orc war chief, can she have multiple wives and/or multiple husbands?

Do mead brewers also hold the title of marriage counselors in Nordic society?

Since there isn't an easter, would painting eggs and hiding them around the house be a way to let an argonian lover that they want to start a family?

Dude I loved this!
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

That made my dark anchors drop in joy I love triminac heavy style
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Why are this thing not account-wise?
    -Alliance Ranks:My nightblade keeps dying and I need vigor but I can't get it because the game crashes when I enter cyrodiil.(ps4)
    -Research: Instead of putting stuff in the bank and switching characters to get specific traits on armor, wouldn't it be easier to just make all characters have the same research available between all characters.
    -Titles: As it takes forever to get the master angler title
    -Mount upgrades: Isn't 6 months on each character to fully upgrade a mount too much?
    I mean, I know you want people to keep coming back to your game, but some things are a bit too time consuming.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    I didnt say healers where lacking in dps, i actually said the healers can pvp and pve well however no healer can complete vet arena and the point was a tank carnt compete in pvp or arena hence a re look at the roles not the classes. As for play like u want too ,u are right u can but to be competitive then you carnt play the way u wsnt, which is sad

The metagame is very harsh when it comes to peer pressure. You have 2 choices: either be one of them or don't. I choose not to, that way I can play the way I want without worrying about being "competitive" or not and frankly I still do just fine even by their standards!

How are you doing just fine to competitive standards when you don't even have a VR16 character? You haven't made it to a point to be compared.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -Alliance Ranks:My nightblade keeps dying and I need vigor but I can't get it because the game crashes when I enter cyrodiil.(ps4)
    -Research: Instead of putting stuff in the bank and switching characters to get specific traits on armor, wouldn't it be easier to just make all characters have the same research available between all characters.
    -Mount upgrades: Isn't 6 months on each character to fully upgrade a mount too much?
    I mean, I know you want people to keep coming back to your game, but some things are a bit too time consuming.

Alliance Ranks: Sounds like an issue with your PS4 because I don't have that issue nor does my friend or so many others. Now if you're referring to random crashes after entering that's another story but it isn't THAT frequent lol
    Research: I don't have any beef with it. Makes me feel like I earned the ability to craft 9-trait sets.
    Titles: This has actually been brought up before, but honestly it should be more of a badge of honor than having dyes account-wide.
    Mount Upgrades: 6 months... 2000 gold a day... Option to just use Crowns instead... I see no issue there lol

Thing about a game being time consuming though is you are playing games to consume time. I'll never understand why people are always going on about this factor...
    dday3six wrote: »
    I didnt say healers where lacking in dps, i actually said the healers can pvp and pve well however no healer can complete vet arena and the point was a tank carnt compete in pvp or arena hence a re look at the roles not the classes. As for play like u want too ,u are right u can but to be competitive then you carnt play the way u wsnt, which is sad

The metagame is very harsh when it comes to peer pressure. You have 2 choices: either be one of them or don't. I choose not to, that way I can play the way I want without worrying about being "competitive" or not and frankly I still do just fine even by their standards!

How are you doing just fine to competitive standards when you don't even have a VR16 character? You haven't made it to a point to be compared.

You don't need to be VR16 to be compared. That's just crazy talk lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 25, 2015 5:23AM
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Competitive is endgame, and endgame is currently VR16. Not with Battle Spirit or group finder buffs. Native VR16 in full VR16 gear. You can attempt to dance around that all you want, but it will not change that fact.

If you think you're capable of putting up numbers comparable to a fully geared, competitive VR16 at VR11 (or whatever level you are) you're fooling yourself.
    Edited by dday3six on December 25, 2015 6:10PM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Competitive is endgame, and endgame is currently VR16. Not with Battle Spirit or group finder buffs. Native VR16 in full VR16 gear. You can attempt to dance around that all you want, but it will not change that fact.

If you think you're capable of putting up numbers comparable to a fully geared, competitive VR16 at VR11 (or whatever level you are) you're fooling yourself.
    [/quote]

The foolish thing here is you are comparing numbers to skill. Huge difference.

Also too tired to bother fixing the broken quotes I got from quoting you lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 25, 2015 7:08AM
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Alliance Ranks: Sounds like an issue with your PS4 because I don't have that issue nor does my friend or so many others. Now if you're referring to random crashes after entering that's another story but it isn't THAT frequent lol
    Research: I don't have any beef with it. Makes me feel like I earned the ability to craft 9-trait sets.
    Titles: This has actually been brought up before, but honestly it should be more of a badge of honor than having dyes account-wide.
    Mount Upgrades: 6 months... 2000 gold a day... Option to just use Crowns instead... I see no issue there lol

Thing about a game being time consuming though is you are playing games to consume time. I'll never understand why people are always going on about this factor...

I understand what you mean about time. People also sometimes annoy me about this factor. But the problem is when you have school and exams round every corner than it matters.
    About my ps4 : when I enter cyrodiil it's fine. But as soon as I enter a seige war and there are numerous players on screen then the game just freezes everyone in place. And only I can move, then it sayes: error connection to the server failed. But out of cyrodiil when there are a lot of players nothing happens.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Competitive goes hand in hand with skilled and well versed at what the person is doing. If you think you're comparable to a fully geared, competitive VR16 player, you're plain delusional. Skill will only account for so much. There is a statistical ceiling that you cannot breakthrough. The more stats a player has, the higher their ceiling ultimately is, and there's a massive statisical difference between a VR16 and a VR11.
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    The point i was trying to make was the roles, if your not dps you will struggle to be compentetive at everything at end game ( end game being raids, arena, vet ic dungeons and v16 vs v16 pvp) as dps you can be competitive pvp, pve, and solo arena. As a healer you can be competetive in pve , pvp but not solo arena. As a tank you can only be competitive at pve, i personally feel im being left on the side due to my role choice. My suggestion is duel spec or balance the roles.

So as this is a Q&A thread - are there plans to address this issue of role balance or at least allow more hybrid competitive stats before we get pvp arena.
    Edited by shugg on December 25, 2015 9:23AM
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be mounted combat?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Competitive goes hand in hand with skilled and well versed at what the person is doing. If you think you're comparable to a fully geared, competitive VR16 player, you're plain delusional. Skill will only account for so much. There is a statistical ceiling that you cannot breakthrough. The more stats a player has, the higher their ceiling ultimately is, and there's a massive statisical difference between a VR16 and a VR11.

1. VR12, not VR11.
    2. Never said I compare statistically to anything, nor do I care to to be honest. All I said was at my level with an incomplete build that uses temporary elements that will not be in the final set I do great and I don't even go by the meta. You read far too much into stats and levels man and you get uppity about the tiniest things. There's more to playing a game than just numbers and endgame you know...
    3. If you must be reminded the parts where it truly matters either scales to you or you scale to them so potato patato lol
    Will there be mounted combat?

So far if I recall correctly the verdict is no but there may always be a chance we will get this. People are asking for it and underwater combat and Mounted Combat would fit well in the Alliance War after all :)
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 25, 2015 6:33PM
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. VR12, not VR11.
    2. Never said I compare statistically to anything, nor do I care to to be honest. All I said was at my level with an incomplete build that uses temporary elements that will not be in the final set I do great and I don't even go by the meta. You read far too much into stats and levels man and you get uppity about the tiniest things. There's more to playing a game than just numbers and endgame you know...
    3. If you must be reminded the parts where it truly matters either scales to you or you scale to them so potato patato lol

This started with you stating you don't meta-game nor worry about being competitive, yet you still do fine by competitive standards. The competitive standard is to be VR16. To look at the stats. To optimize your approach, gear, build, and rotation. You don't know endgame, you're even not there, further you've admitted you're not even concerned with it. You wanted to self aggrandize and you didn't even actually address the issue shugg was raising.

Your intial post was replying to an issue related to endgame content and the disparity of role performance, but all you did was talk about yourself.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. VR12, not VR11.

This started with you stating you don't meta-game nor worry about being competitive, yet you still do fine by competitive standards. The competitive standard is to be VR16. To look at the stats. To optimize your approach, gear, build, and rotation. You don't know endgame, you're even not there, further you've admitted you're not even concerned with it. You wanted to self aggrandize and you didn't even actually address the issue shugg was raising.

Your intial post was replying to an issue related to endgame content and the disparity of role performance, but all you did was talk about yourself.

All I can do is pity you (and hang my head whilst shaking it no-ly with a sigh lol), but beliefs are beliefs and I wish you the best of luck with yours. You're going to need it... Have a nice day!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 25, 2015 8:06PM
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. VR12, not VR11.

All I can do is pity you (and hang my head whilst shaking it no-ly with a sigh lol), but beliefs are beliefs and I wish you the best of luck with yours. You're going to need it... Have a nice day!

It's gonna be, what it's gonna be...

Though seems to me like the person who simulates a concern about addressing the issues of others. While letting themselves be drug off tangentially without a hint of course correction. Thus allowing the issue they were addressing to be eclipsed. Is the more worthy pity recipient.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. VR12, not VR11.

Though seems to me like the person who simulates a concern about addressing the issues of others. While letting themselves be drug off tangentially without a hint of course correction. Thus allowing the issue they were addressing to be eclipsed. Is the more worthy pity recipient.

I never stray from my point or points. You only choose to see it that way or seek ways however true or false to try to prove me wrong. Now that is pitiable.

So are you done now? Because frankly this discussion has gone too long in a thread it is not truly relevant to.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 25, 2015 8:49PM
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I play as a Bosmer nightblade....and I die...A LOT. So I was wondering if I just suck or is it the class itself, as it has no self-heals? There is mark target but it reduces armor by 75% and only when the target dies. So I never stand a chance against bosses, group dungeons or a mob bigger than 5. I also can't get vigor at the moment because the connection to the sever gets lost when ever I enter a seige war in Cyrodiil where there's a large group of players. I always see templars, sorcs and dragonknights do fine. But when I play as my nightblade I always die. And it's kind of embarrassing actually, as I'm always the one who needs to be revived in a group. I was hoping if there would be a self heal ability in the future in the shadow tree maybe? Something to balance the odds. Because templars have
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. VR12, not VR11.

I never stray from my point or points. You only choose to see it that way or seek ways however true or false to try to prove me wrong. Now that is pitiable.

So are you done now? Because frankly this discussion has gone too long in a thread it is not truly relevant to.

I don't know. How long are you going to keep replying? You could have choose to ignore the first comment. You could and still can stop at any point. You keep replying to me, so I keep replying to you. A bit silly to complain about the bit running at length when you're a co-contributor.
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I play as a Bosmer nightblade....and I die...A LOT. So I was wondering if I just suck or is it the class itself, as it has no self-heals? There is mark target but it reduces armor by 75% and only when the target dies. So I never stand a chance against bosses, group dungeons or a mob bigger than 5. I also can't get vigor at the moment because the connection to the sever gets lost when ever I enter a seige war in Cyrodiil where there's a large group of players. I always see templars, sorcs and dragonknights do fine. But when I play as my nightblade I always die. And it's kind of embarrassing actually, as I'm always the one who needs to be revived in a group. I was hoping if there would be a self heal ability in the future in the shadow tree maybe? Something to balance the odds. Because templars have healing ritual, dragonknights have dragon blood and sorcs have dark ritual. Nightblades have nothing :'(
    I'm really tired of dying and my main nighblade is too awesome and gone way too far through the game and through fishing for me to re-role.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. VR12, not VR11.

I don't know. How long are you going to keep replying? You could have choose to ignore the first comment. You could and still can stop at any point. You keep replying to me, so I keep replying to you. A bit silly to complain about the bit running at length when you're a co-contributor.

You reply to me too lol
    Ok, so I play as a Bosmer nightblade....and I die...A LOT. So I was wondering if I just suck or is it the class itself, as it has no self-heals? There is mark target but it reduces armor by 75% and only when the target dies. So I never stand a chance against bosses, group dungeons or a mob bigger than 5. I also can't get vigor at the moment because the connection to the sever gets lost when ever I enter a seige war in Cyrodiil where there's a large group of players. I always see templars, sorcs and dragonknights do fine. But when I play as my nightblade I always die. And it's kind of embarrassing actually, as I'm always the one who needs to be revived in a group. I was hoping if there would be a self heal ability in the future in the shadow tree maybe? Something to balance the odds. Because templars have

If survivability is an issue then try a different build. Every class can use Heavy Armor and every class can use a Restoration Staff. For Stamina builds there is also Vigor once you unlock it at Alliance Rank 9 which gives the Veteran title. Siphoning is good in its own way but yeah just kind of shop around for other skills and builds to help you out. Also expect some people to say L2P lol
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I play as a Bosmer nightblade....and I die...A LOT. So I was wondering if I just suck or is it the class itself, as it has no self-heals? There is mark target but it reduces armor by 75% and only when the target dies. So I never stand a chance against bosses, group dungeons or a mob bigger than 5. I also can't get vigor at the moment because the connection to the sever gets lost when ever I enter a seige war in Cyrodiil where there's a large group of players. I always see templars, sorcs and dragonknights do fine. But when I play as my nightblade I always die. And it's kind of embarrassing actually, as I'm always the one who needs to be revived in a group. I was hoping if there would be a self heal ability in the future in the shadow tree maybe? Something to balance the odds. Because templars have healing ritual, dragonknights have dragon blood and sorcs have dark ritual. Nightblades have nothing :'(
    I'm really tired of dying and my main nighblade is too awesome and gone way too far through the game and through fishing for me to re-role.

i do have to disagree with the selfheal though. every class should have it's strenghts and weakness. just because a class has a abilty to do something like healing (BoL) or high mobilty (streak) doesn't mean your class should have this aswell. otherwise all classes would end up being a copy of each other. although i have to agree the Alliance rank grind is to high
    P.S. ADD TEXT CHAT TO CONSOLE ALREADY
    Edited by Artjuh90 on December 25, 2015 10:01PM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elven.were_wolf

There's an entire tree of NB (Siphoning) which has quite a few HoT's. However, if you're playing as a Stam NB then that's your problem; all of those skills are magicka :/
    I made a Magicka NB Healer, and can solo all dolmens and bosses, even at level in Glenumbra thanks to Strife and Mutagen. Also look at the Soul Tether ultimate, as it's pretty OP to get some heals.

If you are stuck on Stam, then try Rally from 2h line; it takes work to get there but it's a good Stamina based HoT.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my question: why can we create a forum name with a period/full-stop in it, but not tag someone who's name has this? It's kinda annoying, especially for the people that keep being accidentally tagged when they're not the desired recipient.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, I'm a bosmer nightblade stamina build VR11, bow and dual wield. I fully leveled up two handed so now I want to level up dual wield to 50. Magicka NB doesn't really fit my playstyle and even if I decided to become magicka nighblade, isn't it too late?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well, I'm a bosmer nightblade stamina build VR11, bow and dual wield. I fully leveled up two handed so now I want to level up dual wield to 50. Magicka NB doesn't really fit my playstyle and even if I decided to become magicka nighblade, isn't it too late?

Nope. Restat, reskill, and level up Magicka skills and whatever Skill Lines you need to and you're good to go! Race Change coming later so don't sweat the Racial Passives lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 26, 2015 9:03AM
    Options
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here goes: Is there any chance of making achievements account bound instead of character bound? So you can complete them in any character. Mainly because of the fishing achievements so you don't have to fish only with one of your characters.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.