ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you give us ps4 users some help with communication? I know you said on the show the other day you would look into adding a looking for group emote to join groups and then mentioned about how PC could send whispers shortly after. I would love to hear about a text chat for ps4 as it is a tedious task to get things done by finding people to stand in front of trying to communicate with emotes. I love the game so much but I have stated before in other posts on ps4 I feel like I am a caveman trying to invent a wheel to communicate with other players.
    Options
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Being a member of the ESO community, why can't Australians be part of the 1 million prize draw? Why discriminate? There is an option to select that country. I think its lame.
    Options
  • Kulaan_Doskad_Hadroz
    Is there going to be an option to change guild names? It would be really nice to be able just change the name rather than having to delete the guild and remake it.
    Though war may tear us apart, love for each other will bring us back together as an overwhelming force. ~Kulaan Doskad-Hadroz, Loredas , the 12th of Evening Star, 2E 582
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being a member of the ESO community, why can't Australians be part of the 1 million prize draw? Why discriminate? There is an option to select that country. I think its lame.

No matter how many times this is asked the answer will always be the same: Australian Laws.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would a scroll or potion that you can by with gold that can change one morph to a ability so we don't have to go to the main city and not have to do them all
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Softpad
    Softpad
    ✭✭

Most importantly, when will we get Cadwell's Pot as a costume? People will buy the hell out of it!

I like the idea of getting a pot, maybe a frying pan instead so we can be his estranged cousin?
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know we've had sound designers on ESO Live but what about some of the voice actors? I know some have voiced multiple NPCS and it would be interesting to hear their process.

When the the game first came out, we're there any consideration for a 5th class? If so, what was it and what limited it's release?

We have forum posts tracking some active bug posts and it's pretty useful, is it possible well have ZOS made tracker so we know what bugs are on your radar or may not on your radar? It's hard to track some things and I constantly ask folks "oh, did they fix that yet?"

Thanks.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • stustevo
    stustevo
    Soul Shriven
    Have ZOS ever thought about adding in another class, or adding in morphs that could make the current classes more fun & useful?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    AuA Q&A from last 2 shows?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    I know we've had sound designers on ESO Live but what about some of the voice actors? I know some have voiced multiple NPCS and it would be interesting to hear their process.

When the the game first came out, we're there any consideration for a 5th class? If so, what was it and what limited it's release?

We have forum posts tracking some active bug posts and it's pretty useful, is it possible well have ZOS made tracker so we know what bugs are on your radar or may not on your radar? It's hard to track some things and I constantly ask folks "oh, did they fix that yet?"

Thanks.

One of the Lives, either the one before the most recent or the 1 before that, had them talk of the voice recording process and stuff for Orsinium.
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

One of the Lives, either the one before the most recent or the 1 before that, had them talk of the voice recording process and stuff for Orsinium.

I remember part of that, but I don't think they had a voice actor on, just directors?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

I remember part of that, but I don't think they had a voice actor on, just directors?

No they had the woman that voiced King Kurog's Mother on the show. They talked about how she did the poses and stuff and how/why she was chosen to voice her. I'm a bit fuzzy on all the details since it was awhile back lol but it did happen.
    Options
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a fifth class early in beta. Why was it removed and is there a chance it will come back?
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To those asking about whether another class will be added or not I cannot say for certain but I seem to recall them saying a new class will not be added. You may peruse through the 12/4 ESO Live to check because I think it was mentioned there but I cannot recall for certain, thus the reason why I have not said this sooner lol

EDIT: Sorry I was mistaken. The last Live AUA segment basically confirmed there would be no class CHANGING but that alone says there will probably be no new classes since existing characters would be unable to switch or anything.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 9, 2015 5:10PM
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

I know when I saw John Cleese on RT w/BM I thought "hey, is he gonna mention he did ESO?" :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did an "Armchair Developer" segment a while ago on underwater exploration and combat. Would you consider doing another "Armchair Developer" feature on flying mounts?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You did an "Armchair Developer" segment a while ago on underwater exploration and combat. Would you consider doing another "Armchair Developer" feature on flying mounts?

What is this "Armchair Developer" you speak of?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever wished your favorite MMO would implement a certain feature? “Why don’t they do X, it can’t be that difficult!?” is certainly a thought that has come to a lot of minds. It’s a wish we often hear on these forums, too.

In a new segment in our biweekly Twitch show ESO Live called “The Armchair Developer,” we want to take a closer look at these feature requests, explore the pros and cons of implementing them and all the work involved – from concept and artwork, to building and balancing, all the way to the live patch.

This segment can include topics like new weapons (spear, unarmed combat), new emotes, scripted events such as weddings, housing, dying weapons or costumes, new siege weapons (remember the trailer!), new motifs, arenas, dueling, or even a new playable race. Please be aware that all topics discussed are a theoretical exercise only and no indication or guarantee that the feature will be implemented to the game.

Have you ever wondered what it takes to implement one of the above? Do you have a personal feature request? Let us know! We are looking for the first topic for this week’s show when we ask our Armchair Developer the dangerous question: “Wouldn’t it be nice to have...?"
    Here's the only instance of that segment so far, from Episode 17 (starts at 1:10:47)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxigt8ipK1g
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    What being done about disappearing bankers? Ever since they began moving around in the bank, people are force to re-login to see the banker Npc.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per this thread
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/234852/why-when-you-are-doing-a-solo-quest-is-all-of-the-loot-already-taken#latest

Why do (most) solo instances have interactable containers that are empty? Talking main quest etc. it seems that if you go on a quest and the first couple containers are empty - EVERY container will be. Is this specific quests? If so, why? Or just bad RNG? If so, can the RNG fairy please be nicer to us?

If you feel like answering BEFORE the next ESO Live (next year) that would be great ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the changes with group finder, is it possible in the future to add in a "pledge" category, to simplify the searching and allow it to auto swap from gold to silver depending on the daily pledge? Currently we're stuck in a mode if we queue for either.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What being done about disappearing bankers? Ever since they began moving around in the bank, people are force to re-login to see the banker Npc.

I haven't had this issue not once. Is this on PC?
    Options
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is on PC too. The one in Glenumbra is constantly disappearing on me, and the only way to get her to come back is to relog. In those moments when she is gone I know other people can see her because they are still stranding there as though they are talking to her. I even read on another thread someone saying to point your cursor at the corner and you should be able to interact with her even though you can't see her. However that has not worked for me. I literally have to see her for interaction to commence and I have to relog to see her.
    Options
  • Kovaden
    Kovaden
    Well here it goes, when will dueling be added? Many players want this feature to practice with friends before trying out a respec and getting zerged in cyrodiil, settle rivalry and have an overall fun. This is something that should've been added a long time ago and there hasnt been any reply as to why you havent or arent going to, so... when will it be added?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kovaden wrote: »
    Well here it goes, when will dueling be added? Many players want this feature to practice with friends before trying out a respec and getting zerged in cyrodiil, settle rivalry and have an overall fun. This is something that should've been added a long time ago and there hasnt been any reply as to why you havent or arent going to, so... when will it be added?

This is coming, but not anytime in the near future.
    Options
  • HansenPvP
    HansenPvP
    For the ESOTU Free Weekend tomorrow is the game $25 on steam because im planning on picking it up for PC to play with friends.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HansenPvP wrote: »
    For the ESOTU Free Weekend tomorrow is the game $25 on steam because im planning on picking it up for PC to play with friends.

This thread is for questions that may or may not be featured and answered in the Ask Us Anything segment of ESO Live. Unfortunately the next Live is January so a question for something that will occur in the next few days or so will not be answered here lol
    Options
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Do we have an ETA on the wolf pets? I would like to know when I can throw crowns at your lovely faces
    Options
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys considering something like a barber? Like the dye station, I would like the option to change my hair and possibly some other aesthic features.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malsidius wrote: »
    Are you guys considering something like a barber? Like the dye station, I would like the option to change my hair and possibly some other aesthic features.

Here, let me search that for you @Malsidius

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/search?Search=barber+shop

In short. It's being worked on... seems to still be in the planning stages. We have been discussing it... well... all over the place. Here was my thread on the subject: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165626/the-barber-shop-is-being-worked-on-community-input-goes-here/p1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.