Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    So are goblins and ogre's related in any way? like are they from the same family, or are ogre's to goblins what giants are to humans and elves? Just something I was wondering about while playing.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBsnow404 wrote: »
    So are goblins and ogre's related in any way? like are they from the same family, or are ogre's to goblins what giants are to humans and elves? Just something I was wondering about while playing.

hey @JBsnow404 goblins are part of a group called Goblin-Ken which includes
    • Goblins
    • Orcs
    • Ogres
    • Gremlins
    • Rieklings

They all tie into Malacath and he is considered their patron. Since Orcs were once Mer and were changed upon the corruption of Trinimac (who became Malacath). Now, as for their "genetics" I'm not personally aware of any direct relation. Perhaps they were also corrupted upon the fall of Trinimac. Maybe Ogres were once a race of Giants. *shrug*

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Goblin
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Goblin-ken
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Malacath
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Orc

Your question lead me to look up giants. It seems that giants are a line of man or mer that split off during the first era. I had no idea! I don't see any reason to not think Ogres, Gremlins, Goblins and Rieklings are of similar origin. Some splinter of the line of mer that became corrupted in some way or another. Kind of like how the Falmer were once Snow Elves but sort of devolved.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Giant
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Falmer

Man I love how there is so much of Tamriel we just don't know! Like what about the Imga? Are they a line of man or mer? I assume they aren't... but we know next to nothing about them!

So after all that I guess I'm just going to echo your question @JBsnow404. Do all Goblin-Ken descend from Ehlnofey? Are they all Mer or are some of them Men?
    Edited by Gidorick on December 10, 2015 7:39PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    JBsnow404 wrote: »

hey @JBsnow404 goblins are part of a group called Goblin-Ken which includes
    • Goblins
    • Orcs
    • Ogres
    • Gremlins
    • Rieklings

They all tie into Malacath and he is considered their patron. Since Orcs were once Mer and were changed upon the corruption of Trinimac (who became Malacath). Now, as for their "genetics" I'm not personally aware of any direct relation. Perhaps they were also corrupted upon the fall of Trinimac. Maybe Ogres were once a race of Giants. *shrug*

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Goblin
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Goblin-ken
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Malacath
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Orc

Your question lead me to look up giants. It seems that giants are a line of man or mer that split off during the first era. I had no idea! I don't see any reason to not think Ogres, Gremlins, Goblins and Rieklings are of similar origin. Some splinter of the line of mer that became corrupted in some way or another. Kind of like how the Falmer were once Snow Elves but sort of devolved.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Giant
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Falmer

Man I love how there is so much of Tamriel we just don't know! Like what about the Imga? Are they a line of man or mer? I assume they aren't... but we know next to nothing about them!

So after all that I guess I'm just going to echo your question @JBsnow404. Do all Goblin-Ken descend from Ehlnofey? Are they all Mer or are some of them Men?

I definitely think Goblins-ken are Mer. I suspect they are all related in much the same way Giants and Men are supposedly related. I have very little to go on apart from a cultural commonality (Mauloch) and the fact they all have distorted elven features. Ogres for instance look like oversized blue Orcs. Rieklings look like ugly little bearded blue elves. Goblins look like green small cranium hunchback elves. Orcs are muscular green elves. I suggest that the variance in the Goblin-ken might be as simply explained as the variance among regular elves (Compare Dunmer to Altmer, Altmer to Ayleid, pre-poisoning Falmer to modern Falmer, etc). Another possibility is that we are looking at different breed of Mer being twisted by Trinimac/Mauloch. Goblins might for instance be the progeny of Bosmer who were followers of Trinimac. Rieklings might be the progeny of Dwemer followers of Trinimac (somehow I find this one unlikely but I'm just spitballing here). Orcs might be the progeny of Aldmer twisted by the transformation of Mauloch, and so on. This is just my guess, but I think both of these options have some credibility. The answer of course is in the heads of of the writers of the TES series over the last 20 years.

I believe Giants are the distant relatives of Men. There's a lorebook that talks about this, but if I remember correctly the ancient Atmorans use to be intelligent giants. Over time they split off between human and giant, the giants growing stupid, and the humans growing more intelligent. I believe this is also why there's a lorebook in skyrim that talks about how Giants are supposed to be left alone by Imperial Decree, because essentially the giants are peaceful more or less, and related to men. The giants are therefore afforded some level of protection for being their semi-*** oversized human cousins. Of course the Thanes didn't really follow imperial decree on this one, as you can get a mission from every single Thane in Skyrim to kill a local giant.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Question: When does the development team plan to release Spellcrafting, and what sort of design changes do they plan to make to keep the game balanced when it releases?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Chidy1776
    Chidy1776
    Considering character appearance is such and important part of MMOs and making you more connected to your character, could we please get an option to toggle having one pauldron on and or which side it shows on (at least for monster sets). A lot of the monster shoulders look amazing, but they can make certain armor types and combinations look really puny, weak, or just plain odd. This is especially the case when wearing full heavy armor.
    Options
  • Chidy1776
    Chidy1776
    I love the elder scrolls and I am very connected to tamriel, but I would love to see some of the other continents and their peoples. Will we ever see dlc taking us to the other continents of Nirn, or interacting with their peoples.
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chidy1776 wrote: »
    I love the elder scrolls and I am very connected to tamriel, but I would love to see some of the other continents and their peoples. Will we ever see dlc taking us to the other continents of Nirn, or interacting with their peoples.

They've hinted at being able to visit Mephala's realm of Oblivion, however I'm not sure they've mentioned any of the other islands. Some them they have said will definitely not be coming to ESO however, but @Gidorick is more knowledgeable on this subject than I.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lore question: what are Lustrants? They were mentioned briefly in a Lorebook concerning the Lightless Oubliette along with Aurorans, so presumably they're some sort of Daedra associated with Meridia and/or the Colored Rooms. But what are they? Do they have wings? Horns? Coral growing out of their backs? Is there a possibility of seeing some in an upcoming DLC?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »

They've hinted at being able to visit Mephala's realm of Oblivion, however I'm not sure they've mentioned any of the other islands. Some them they have said will definitely not be coming to ESO however, but @Gidorick is more knowledgeable on this subject than I.

@Chidy1776 @MrDerrikk ZOS hasn't made any open plans on visiting areas outside of Tamriel. We have SO much content left on Tamriel I think it will be a long LONG while before we see other lands of Nirn. Especially considering, as @Mrderrikk mentioned, we also have Oblivion Realms that will be peppered in there.

That being said it's fun to dream! I have a thread here (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149340/hopefully-someday-we-will-travel-all-of-nirn/p1) that is dreaming about traveling outside of Tamriel.I would LOVE to see some of the other lands of Nirn. There is enough content to keep ESO going for decades!

Edited by Gidorick on December 11, 2015 2:28AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Question: When does the development team plan to release Spellcrafting, and what sort of design changes do they plan to make to keep the game balanced when it releases?

This concept is on the dev board but is not decidedly coming.

Technically we are playing The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited so Oblivion aside as long as it is in Tamriel there is a good chance we will visit it someday!
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • KiritoUD
    KiritoUD
    can i switch factions without restarting?
    Guild=Brotherhood of Merchants
    Gamertag=Kirito UD
    Options
  • Chidy1776
    Chidy1776
    I look forward to every new ESO live episode, you guys do such an amazing job each time. going to miss you guys over holiday but I hope its great for all if you :)

Will we ever see new herbs added to the game? There are some stat combos that I'd love to make such as, health stam weapong dmg, or health stam armor/or spell resist. Currently there are a lot of combinations that are what some builds need but they just can't be made.
    For example I have weapon crit from my evil hunter, so there is no use for that, but I haven't found another good combo of health, stam, X
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KiritoUD wrote: »
    can i switch factions without restarting?

They are considering faction change but it is not set in stone yet.
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys.

I love gear, I do. It's always awesome to loot great gear from bosses in Dungeons, Trials, and even regular zones. That being said, I was wondering if exclusive mounts, costumes, or other baubles could make their way into the loot tables for future content? I know that I would grind a dungeon endlessly if I knew there was a chance to gain a rare Clanfear mount from some daedric overlord my team defeated.

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Topic: Veteran Rank Removal

With the upcoming removal of veteran ranks, will players with characters who have already leveled to v16 be compensated in addition to the champion points they've already earned from v1 to v16?

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With the upcoming removal of veteran ranks, will players with characters who have already leveled to v16 be compensated in addition to the champion points they've already earned from v1 to v16?

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

Nothing is set in stone yet as far as VR removal goes, but there will be some sort of trade-off for people in the Vet Ranks so it will not be as though they did it for nothing.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

Hey @pcdunkleyub17_ESO (aka Dunkmeister), here is what we have been told:
    A little context here before this gets too out of hand…
    1. We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
    2. The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
    3. When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
    4. To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)

Additional Details:
    • We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
    • When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
    • We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)

Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)

Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions.

So yes, for your first character: A player who has leveled 8 VR16 characters will get the same number of CPs that a player who has leveled 1 VR16 character. As @UltimaJoe777 said, these plans are tentative and subject to change.
    Edited by Gidorick on December 11, 2015 6:59PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, Thanks @Gidorick
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
    Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this was asked any where on here but here i my question. Any chance in the future or ever making the game cross platform like other MMO's it would really help the population?
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Will other players be able to see The names of our pets and mounts.? Why bother naming them when other players cant ser

Anf for The love of Everything holy add text chat! Console players arena stupid,we know how to type, you cant ignore that question forever
    Options
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    When will Argonian's get passives that compete with let's say 15 % bonus to health and stamina on a Khajiit?
    I *** slap harder than you punch.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this was asked any where on here but here i my question. Any chance in the future or ever making the game cross platform like other MMO's it would really help the population?

Which MMOs are you speaking of @hamburgerler76 ? (great name btw)
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When Will other players be able to see The names of our pets and mounts.? Why bother naming them when other players cant ser

Anf for The love of Everything holy add text chat! Console players arena stupid,we know how to type, you cant ignore that question forever

The bit about mount names has been asked already, and frankly I'd be against it. Just as in real life if you want to know an animal's name just ask the owner lol but I suppose there is no harm in seeing a vanity pet's name when putting the crosshair on it. After all what's a few furballs getting in your way eh? :p

As for your second one: yes they can :p but it isn't so much that as it is whatever reason they have and stick to.
    Sethro_27 wrote: »
    When will Argonian's get passives that compete with let's say 15 % bonus to health and stamina on a Khajiit?

What you don't like speed swimming? :p Also races were never truly about the passives, and nobody wants them to be. That is why the racial passives are not that decisive.
    Options
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    1. Any news on when/if damage and healing numbers will be added?
    2. Will there ever be a search box in the guild traders?
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
    Options
  • wigglesgaming26
    Can we have paid character transfers to PC and vice versa?
    Options
  • wigglesgaming26

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

1. We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
    2. The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
    3. When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
    4. To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)

Additional Details:
    • We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
    • When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
    • We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)

Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)

Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions.

So yes, for your first character: A player who has leveled 8 VR16 characters will get the same number of CPs that a player who has leveled 1 VR16 character. As @UltimaJoe777 said, these plans are tentative and subject to change.

Back to the vet rank removal, will cp still be shared between all characters or will it become bound to characters. Ex. My sorc has 160 cp and my Templar has 40 cp as apposed to it being shared across all characters?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greiver wrote: »

I do believe your first question is in regards to combat log for consoles in which the answer is with the next DLC.

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

Additional Details:

Back to the vet rank removal, will cp still be shared between all characters or will it become bound to characters. Ex. My sorc has 160 cp and my Templar has 40 cp as apposed to it being shared across all characters?

Yes CP will remain shared throughout your account.
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

Additional Details:

This bugs me too -- I think who have multi VR16 chars should be a higher bonus than those who have low VR or based on the number of VR16s one has. I have 7 VR16s.
    Options
  • wigglesgaming26
    Greiver wrote: »

I do believe your first question is in regards to combat log for consoles in which the answer is with the next DLC.

Thanks,
    Dunkmeister

Additional Details:

Yes CP will remain shared throughout your account.

Okay thank you
    Options
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭

The bit about mount names has been asked already, and frankly I'd be against it. Just as in real life if you want to know an animal's name just ask the owner lol but I suppose there is no harm in seeing a vanity pet's name when putting the crosshair on it. After all what's a few furballs getting in your way eh? :p

As for your second one: yes they can :p but it isn't so much that as it is whatever reason they have and stick to.
    Sethro_27 wrote: »

What you don't like speed swimming? :p Also races were never truly about the passives, and nobody wants them to be. That is why the racial passives are not that decisive.

I would have to disagree respectivly i think it is pretty decisive considering that wit 10000 attribute points they can negate that dmg by 1500 and than continuously attack. Not to be a negative Nancy cause I love your guys work and support you, but it seems like someone who can out sneak, out attack, and out heal you seems a lil off. I do know you can attack more cause of min max, but there's also no cp that do maxes. But to be competitive as an Argonian you can't 1v1. Thank you for your response Joe! I hope you guys can help me bring it back to the Hist a bit.
    I *** slap harder than you punch.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.