ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• TheCharja
    TheCharja
    Gina, I have a question for the show: When you guys say that you'll remove VR you say more powerful gear will require more CP. Does that mean better sets itemization-wise or does it mean stats-wise ? For example, will weapon damage increase as CP increase ?
    Options
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you planning on bringing back Morag Tong, Cyrodiils Light, Martial Knowledge, Ravager, and Shadow Walker for v16? If so will this be rewards of the worthy or bag only?
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Wrobel wrote: »

On the ability side we’ve got a number of changes planned. PBAoE abilities such as Steel Tornado and purge are much too powerful and cause players to want to stack together to make sure they can all hit the same targets and be purged by the same ally. We’ll be reducing the radius of Steel Tornado so it’s not so much more effective at dealing AoE damage relative to the other abilities in the game. Also, we are reducing the initial damage of Magicka Detonation so it’s less effective vs a single target. To compensate, both the bonus damage per target and the max size of this bonus is increasing. In addition to this we’re looking into making other ranged class abilities deal effective AoE damage.

When you nerf Steeltornado, then Stamina Classes will be nerfed hard in PvE and not be viable anymore because now Stamina usually had less Single Target DPS but could be good because we had a bit more AOE dmg, with that nerf bb more AoE dmg. How do you plan to "bolster" that nerf for PvE?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get the ability to change the look of dropped gear?

Bonus question: Will the Khajiit light chest armor be fixed so it is not offensive to khajiits(Can't show torso fur)?
    Edited by Skayaq on December 4, 2015 9:41PM
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
    Options
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    For PS4 and PC users using the DS4 (dualshock 4 controller) can we get key binds for the two pressure plates (left and right) behind the touchpad? Currently you have both pressure plates bound to the map. One of the pressure plates could be used for the map and the other one could be used for something else, like synergy. This should be easy to implement as those plates count as official buttons as opposed to swiping motions which would require software interpretation.

Diablo 3 currently uses both pressure plates for menu navigation. It's convenient and easy to learn.
    Options
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Why are residents of NY not allowed to enter the sweepstakes?
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One question that did come up during the last ESO Live was about upgrading low level gear to higher level. I get the fact that you don't want to have people just pull low level items with them at all times but this would fix several problems people have.

First would be using low level visual styles (this would make mats of all levels valuable as people craft in different level styles then upgrade them, helping the market). This would also allow us to use all of the item sets in the game, there are a lot of interesting sets in game but so many are restricted to small level ranges and are generally out leveled before someone can even finish a set. This change would help people by giving them all the options, all visual styles and sets to use, not just the small number in each range.

EDIT: Also, in regards to bound armor, that wasn't a good response. People can wear costumes to hide bound armor already and there are enough methods to hide/cover visuals as is, bound armor kneecaps the user a lot as is, keeping the visual handicap of wearing pale blue paste is excessive.
    Edited by CP5 on December 5, 2015 12:36AM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kyuumu wrote: »

Because NY law says so.
    CP5 wrote: »
    One question that did come up during the last ESO Live was about upgrading low level gear to higher level. I get the fact that you don't want to have people just pull low level items with them at all times but this would fix several problems people have.

First would be using low level visual styles (this would make mats of all levels valuable as people craft in different level styles then upgrade them, helping the market). This would also allow us to use all of the item sets in the game, there are a lot of interesting sets in game but so many are restricted to small level ranges and are generally out leveled before someone can even finish a set. This change would help people by giving them all the options, all visual styles and sets to use, not just the small number in each range.

EDIT: Also, in regards to bound armor, that wasn't a good response. People can wear costumes to hide bound armor already and there are enough methods to hide/cover visuals as is, bound armor kneecaps the user a lot as is, keeping the visual handicap of wearing pale blue paste is excessive.

Most they can do with the sets that are underleveled is make them drop at later levels as well, which they should do really.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 5, 2015 2:02AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because NY law says so.

Most they can do with the sets that are underleveled is make them drop at later levels as well, which they should do really.

You realize how heavily that would dilute the pool of drops with how many sets there are? Maybe they could have a merchant sell them, but if they keep that up then they'll likely put the best gear in npc stores.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because NY law says so.

You realize how heavily that would dilute the pool of drops with how many sets there are? Maybe they could have a merchant sell them, but if they keep that up then they'll likely put the best gear in npc stores.

Actually they're going to add a special merchant to Cyrodiil that will appear about twice a week and sell various set gear. The set will differ each day.
    Options
  • Greath
    Greath
    Since the gear you get from the merchants in Cyrodiil is getting a level increase in the next DLC my question is, if I own a Cyrodiil's Light ring will it automatically increase to VR16?
    Options
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭

Because NY law says so.

oh ok, that sucks. One more reason to move lol. Thanks Joe :)
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because NY law says so.

Actually they're going to add a special merchant to Cyrodiil that will appear about twice a week and sell various set gear. The set will differ each day.

That's what I mean, if they add the sets to that merchant then there will either be a very large number of sets available per week or you'll never see the ones you want.
    Options
  • Kulaan_Doskad_Hadroz
    I'm just wondering if we will get the chance to make custom titles or costumes? As a roleplayer, it can be frustrating to carry multiple sets of armor/clothes and thus costumes would be nice.

(You can pronounce my name Cool-lawn)

Thanks you guys!
    Though war may tear us apart, love for each other will bring us back together as an overwhelming force. ~Kulaan Doskad-Hadroz, Loredas , the 12th of Evening Star, 2E 582
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Justice System be tied into the Thieves Guild DLC.
    On another note I found a Sippy Cup for Brian. It will be in Mondays mail
    Options
  • tazdevil9359
    tazdevil9359
    ✭✭✭
    Will there ever be earnable mounts in eso?
    v16 Templar v10 Dragonknight v16 Sorc
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes ^^^^ this!!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Yes ^^^^ this!!!

Vote "YES!" also
    Options
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Let me start by saying good show. It's nice to see the Q&A segment. I am excited to hear that there are future plans for battle grounds (small scale pvp) and I know you guys are tossing up ideas but I believe my first question can be answered now.

(Sorry I haven't used the group find feature yet)
    1. If I Q for a dungeon/battleground and become friends with a player from enemie faction, could I potentially group with that player in future and use group find feature (battlegrounds Q) with that player again? (Assuming it's 2 groups of 2 to 12 random players from all factions)

(Altho I love pvp, I haven't had much time to pvp in eso, trying to complete other content first)
    2. I know there are server issues with cyrodiil, but assuming these issues are solved before battlegrounds, (and I remember someone saying they were thinking of expanding on the nirncrux drops) will there be more single player content added to cyrodiil such as adding scalable nodes with a greater chance of nirncrux to encourage the single player pvp. This would be a win for the the little gold farmer and ganker that lives in all of us. Huge risk/reward. Maybe some pvp daily writs so when I finally get around to pvp I can halfway gear for it.

I hope I made sense.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on December 6, 2015 2:34PM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

Options
  • Aral_Ebordna
    Aral_Ebordna
    ✭✭
    We occasionally run across an alliance member being attacked. Then we get angry whispers that they were dueling. Would it be possible to add some indication that two people are dueling in Cyrodiil?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We occasionally run across an alliance member being attacked. Then we get angry whispers that they were dueling. Would it be possible to add some indication that two people are dueling in Cyrodiil?

No need once we get actual Dueling lol but odds are if you see 2 people fighting somewhere secluded and either no one else is around or others are around but not fighting it's a duel.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the changes made to the looking for group tool. However, sometimes I would prefer to run the dungeons at lower levels; would it be possible to see an option for choosing between scaling the dungeon level to the crown or battle leveling?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    I really like the changes made to the looking for group tool. However, sometimes I would prefer to run the dungeons at lower levels; would it be possible to see an option for choosing between scaling the dungeon level to the crown or battle leveling?

If you manually group up it does not scale and battle level to VR16. It scales and battle levels with Group Finder so those of lower levels still have a fighting chance.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 7, 2015 5:47AM
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I also enjoy playing as a solo player in pvp. In the last
    Cathexis wrote: »

If you manually group up it does not scale and battle level to VR16. It scales and battle levels with Group Finder so those of lower levels still have a fighting chance.

Yes but I would like to use the group finder, with the ability to scale down. The group finder offers a few benefits manually making groups does not -- the ability to pull from a pool of players flagged as available saves time and also the cross-faction function makes the pool of available players significantly larger. What I'm hoping for is for the option to scale to crown to be available as a part of the grouping tool.
    Edited by Cathexis on December 7, 2015 9:00AM
    Options
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    Grinding player kills for alliance points is generally the rule of thumb for massive AP gains i.e. becoming and maintaining emperor in Cyrodiil. Groups will come to a resource that is deep in enemy territory (or any of the farming situations) to farm players even when they only own three of their home keeps. My question is this: why not remove AP gains from player kills and have only XP gains remain? This would, I think, remove the farming aspect, increase the motivation for completing objectives and increase the excitement for the "thrill of the hunt".
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
    Options
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding player kills for alliance points is generally the rule of thumb for massive AP gains i.e. becoming and maintaining emperor in Cyrodiil. Groups will come to a resource that is deep in enemy territory (or any of the farming situations) to farm players even when they only own three of their home keeps. My question is this: why not remove AP gains from player kills and have only XP gains remain? This would, I think, remove the farming aspect, increase the motivation for completing objectives and increase the excitement for the "thrill of the hunt".
    -.-
    Gave up.
    Options
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    ANIMAL LORE/SKILL QUESTIONS:

1). In Jackdaw Cove, there is a Glenmoril Wyrd Breton (Wyress Rashan) who has taken wolf form (not werewolf). Could you explain the lore behind this (i.e.: what type of magic or ritual to achieve this, what limitations, etc.)? 2). It seems some bandits are able to summon an animal companion (wolf or bear) to fight with them (i.e. Fort Greenwall in the Rift). Will we ever see a nature magicka skill line in game that allows for animal summons or transformations as mentioned above?

Thanks in advance if you answer my questions. :)

~Rhasslairiel (pronounced Rhass-lair-ee-ell)

_quest_Heart_of_Evil_image_eso_2014_04_09_13_39_12_102.jpg
    Edited by SilentFox22 on December 7, 2015 3:15PM
    Options
  • snoogadooch
    snoogadooch
    ✭✭✭
    Any plans for weapon and armor rack for player housing?

Will non-vet dungeons be getting veteran versions?
    Options
  • Tenzisam
    Tenzisam
    Bring back ground oil… I want to pour oils all over the zerg!!!
    Tenzisam Vr16 AD dk- former emperor Chillrend
    Bloodvessel vr16 AD Sorc- Former emperor Haderus
    Rage-Of-Tenzi Vr16 EP NB- Former emperor Haderus
    Deathreaper Tenzi-X Vr16 DC DK Former emperor Haderus and BWB
    Tenzi-X Vr16 DC Stamplar
    Tenzi-Sam vr16 DC Nb
    Tenzilove Vr16 DC Sorc - The virgin girl with the pink flower on her hair

"I want to be a vampire. They're the coolest monsters."-Gerard Way
    K-holer
    NEMESIS
    Ex-Alacrity
    Ex-Decibelian
    Ex-Havoc
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because AP is a symbol of your efforts to defeat the enemy for your alliance. If it is any consolation though you do not gain AP if you kill the same player more than once within a period of time.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.