ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question about Redguard surnames. What does the al- at- and af- signify? I thought it might be the mother and/or father's name, but there's a woodworker whose surname is al-Satakalaam...

Look up the similar usage of al- in arabic. That parallel seems to be even stronger than usual in this game.
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats happening with all the bugged and broken Templar skills? Toppling Charge has been broken for an entire month and just in time for solo arenas.

Maybe some insight into future of the Templar class can ease my frustration with the class and ESO.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Hi, two questions from me:
    1. Are there any plans to introduce the same player scaling to the original zones? (As in scale a lvl 40 player down to lvl 10 when venturing into a level 10 zone.)
    2. Are there any plans to make crafting account bound, instead of character bound, as has been done with the Champion System?

Thanks for answering!

The enemy NPCs in the non-Vet zones are not all the same level, so that scaling would not work.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are the various bugs for werewolves being fixed?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you ever consider switching the Stage timers for Vampires so that Stage 1 lasts 90 minutes and Stage 3 lasts 30 minutes, which is the opposite of what it is now? I feel it makes more sense to have the timer tick down faster towards Stage 4 the longer a vampire has gone without feeding. Pretty please???

Also, will there ever be a "Mortal" skin in the crown store for vampires that will return them to their pre-vampiric appearance? PRETTY PLEASE??? TAKE MAH MONEYS!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I get an ETA on when this game is going P2W?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »
    Can I get an ETA on when this game is going P2W?

No, because if Zenimax is smart they will not push it any further than they already have started to.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can all active player accounts expect something special in our in game mail boxes for this holiday season?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans for an Echatere mount or skull horn shield (costume)?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was the text version of the AuA questions and answers from last ESO live posted here on the forums?

Options
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Are there any plans to introduce the same player scaling to the original zones? (As in scale a lvl 40 player down to lvl 10 when venturing into a level 10 zone.)
    2. Are there any plans to make crafting account bound, instead of character bound, as has been done with the Champion System?

Thanks for answering!

The enemy NPCs in the non-Vet zones are not all the same level, so that scaling would not work.

They could use the mean, scaling the player to lvl 10 if the zone is 5-15.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...

Can you please take the werewolf and vampire bites out of the Crown Store, or update the game so that the Werewolf and Vampire skill lines are removed? This is the purchase of direct combat skills in the game, with no strings attached and no work required by the player. This is more than customization and convenience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Look up the similar usage of al- in arabic. That parallel seems to be even stronger than usual in this game.

@Iluvrien Thank you! That helped. :)
    Options
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Will you add other localizations in near future?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for answering!

That makes quite a difference though. Sure some may enjoy the challenge of fighting Lv15 mobs at Lv10 but others will see it as absolutely no way to get stronger enough to take them on at a more even level, and that will cause a lot of complaints.
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't countries like Australia enter the million-dollar give-away?
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q1)
    Any plans on adding beast race bards? Would love to hear an Argonian version of "3 heart as 1" or a Khajiit version of "Over the Seas and Far Away".

Q2)
    What are your thoughts on hiring Michael Dorn (Worf from Star Trek) to do some lovely voice acting? I think Orcs need to crow bigger balls and this man can deliver just that! I mean make this brutal, fierce and yet a bit comical character that has a meaning and who sticks around more than just 1 quest. People would love him. OH! and do make him sing too please ;)
    ..If you doubt him...a demonstration..CAN BE arranged:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgRWxRCiBfY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKeMPo5LSI

Thank you for you consideration :)
    Edited by CirithValaria on December 4, 2015 10:40AM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Why can't countries like Australia enter the million-dollar give-away?

The honest answer to this is likely pages and pages of legal copy.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Nightingale armor be availble with the Thieves Guild DLC? :smile:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS,

will you ever drop the BOE and BOP and make it all tradable again?

I know that for you ZOS was it probably an easier and faster way to make money to make stuff BOP and then sell the motifs on crown store. But IMHO you would let them be tradable, more people would be attracted to the game in longterm, so in longterm you would get enought money from players too.

seriously guys, if I were you, and see so many players complaining in the forums about this issue, I would do a revenue cap and once you reach it, I would drop all BOP and BOE and make it tradable. You would see how many happy posts would rise up in the forums then!! :)

@ZOS
    @ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_BPerry @ZOS_BasileA @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_BillMueller @ZOS_BobE @ZOS_BoydBeasley @ZOS_ChesterN @ZOS_CaitlinR @ZOS_CatK @ZOS_CédricL @ZOS_CharlieH @ZOS_Dan @ZOS_DanDunham @ZOS_DavidGee @ZOS_DavidH @ZOS_DavidP @ZOS_EdLynch @ZOS_EmilyM @ZOS_Emma @ZOS_EugeneB @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_FelixP @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GabrielleA @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Heather @ZOS_HeatherB @ZOS_HugoP @ZOS_JoanaL @ZOS_JamesLowe @ZOS_JaneS @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_JaredR @ZOS_KaeylaW @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_KaleyR @ZOS_Karli @ZOS_Katarina @ZOS_LenaicR @ZOS_LeroyW @ZOS_LodieA @ZOS_LonnyL @ZOS_LucasA @ZOS_MaxG @ZOS_MaggieS @ZOS_Margaret @ZOS_MariaAliprando @ZOS_MarissaM @ZOS_NathanM @ZOS_Nilanth @ZOS_NinaM @ZOS_NorbertS @ZOS_Olivier @ZOS_PaulineLC @ZOS_PaulSage @ZOS_PierreL @ZOS_Robert @ZOS_Racheal @ZOS_RandolfS @ZOS_RebeccaE @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_ShannonM @ZOS_Samantha_Weeks @ZOS_SamuelB @ZOS_SandraF @ZOS_SandraS @ZOS_Tarina @ZOS_Teri @ZOS_ThaliaH @ZOS_ThomasK @ZOS_TiborD @ZOS_UlyssesW @ZOS_VaughanP @ZOS_QuinnC @ZOS_Wolfram @Wrobel @ZOS_YigaelK @ZOS_ZebCook
    Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QUESTION
    Regarding this amazing contest Play To Win - 1 000 000 000, can you clarify two important points for the players that are freaking out:
    1. The reasons why some countries are excluded and why you could not do anything about it.
    2. The reasons why Zenimax choose to invest 1 000 000 000 in contest prices rather than in the devellopement of the game we are all playing. Is it two different budgets? Will it affect the future devellopement of the game? Could you have fixed the PVP lag with that 1 000 000 000 dollards?
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can all active player accounts expect something special in our in game mail boxes for this holiday season?

I'd prefer bug fixes personally.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell this one where the box is with the million shiny gold pieces in?

Khajiit would like to know that the box is ... er ...well protected ... for reasons.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is Wrothgar (Orsinium DLC) scaled to player yet all the monsters are shown as vet16?

Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Wrothgar (Orsinium DLC) scaled to player yet all the monsters are shown as vet16?

It's the player that is battle levelled to the area - like in Cyro.

So all the monsters are VR16 but all the players get bumped up to VR14 (or 16 not sure) in order to be able to fight them.

Only way to do it with players of lots of different levels - you could not scale the monsters when more than one player (of a different level) may potentially attack it.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the player that is battle levelled to the area - like in Cyro.

So all the monsters are VR16 but all the players get bumped up to VR14 (or 16 not sure) in order to be able to fight them.

Only way to do it with players of lots of different levels - you could not scale the monsters when more than one player (of a different level) may potentially attack it.

VR15 :)

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for answering!

That makes quite a difference though. Sure some may enjoy the challenge of fighting Lv15 mobs at Lv10 but others will see it as absolutely no way to get stronger enough to take them on at a more even level, and that will cause a lot of complaints.

It could be made optional on a per character basis. The likely scenario is to not enable it on your first playthrough, but turn it on once you come back with another char. Or you could disable it for the starter zones and flatten the npc levels beyond.

Anyway, there are a couple smart ways to implement scaling without changing the existing experience. My question was about whether it's on their roadmap or not. I don't want to discuss the details in this thread.

The goal here is to make the original zones interesting for more players. Currently, if you play a week of pvp, you can't come back for questing, because you're now over-leveled and that makes the questing experience terrifyingly dull. It's the same if you go in with an alt with Champion Points. Also you can't go anywhere while leveling, because you're level-locked into the zones' order.

Applying optional player scaling to the original zones would fix all of these problems without changing the existing experience a bit.
    Options
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if these questions have been asked before, but here goes.

When will we get more aggressive and harsher dealings with macro users and exploiters? Currently the motto is exploit early, exploit often, and that is not a healthy attitude to have for both the players and the game.

When will the safe areas in the Imperial Sewers (ladders) be removed? Since we no longer have 5 min loading screens, these areas are used for trolling, which is toxic to the community.

When are we going to get the 2x LoS checks for damage re-implemented? Currently you can get hit for Wrecking Blow at 15+ meters, or take red zone damage far outside of the radius due to a lack of checks.

Most importantly, when will we get Cadwell's Pot as a costume? People will buy the hell out of it!
    Edited by zerosingularity on December 4, 2015 5:12PM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you will do something about useless traits on gear that drops from endgame dungeons?

Any chance you will rethink having all gear dropped in DLC dungeons be BOP? (WGT, ICP, Maelstrom)

Any chance you will look at current drop rates of dungeon sets and monster sets? (they are WAY too low)
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you make max-level craft nodes less stingy in Wroth? Thx!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
This discussion has been closed.