Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Upcoming Werewolf Changes

• GoodOrc
    GoodOrc
    ✭✭
    @draeganb16_ESO‌ I assure you that Pack Leader gives 2 sec to WW timer if you hit with hawy attak! If you hawe 2 PL in 10m radius you will hawe +4 sec for ich hit! (i used it with my Gild mate and its worked (only Pack leader))

P.S. I dont need "ABCs for barbarians" I'm an Old grouping Orc! =)
  • haidlir1983
    haidlir1983
    ✭✭
    I like, the new skills and i LOVE the all4 runing animation, but the timer feels so short, i think if the timer stops when off battle will improve the WW much more, its such a waste the time you lose from one battle to the other, i dont mean a toggle, even that will be great =)
    Edited by haidlir1983 on November 7, 2014 4:27PM
    Bosmer NB - Ecclair
    Dark Elf - Templar - Haildir
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    GoodOrc wrote: »
    @draeganb16_ESO‌ I assure you that Pack Leader gives 2 sec to WW timer if you hit with hawy attak! If you hawe 2 PL in 10m radius you will hawe +4 sec for ich hit! (i used it with my Gild mate and its worked (only Pack leader))

P.S. I dont need "ABCs for barbarians" I'm an Old grouping Orc! =)

The damage you put out though as you try to maintain your form with heavy attack after heavy attack is bad tho. Specially with the slow as a snail animation. Maybe giving 5 or more seconds for a heavy attack would be better, so that you don't have to get to a point were your just heavy attacking and using a single ability in between. Plus a cost reduction on the skills would be nice. As with all stamina builds, it kinda sucks when the main damage resource is drained by cc breaking, dodging, and blocking. You go to do damage and you got nothing. This is of course the case in pvp. In pve you have more leeway to heavy attack all the time to get stam back and set up your skills properly. I Also think that we should get a separate stamina bar for sprinting out of combat. The particular use, to chase down a target and enter combat with them. It doesn't really help at all to come across a target in cyrodiil, change into a werewolf, and then sprint to them as they run away(to waste your time in werewolf form) and then you don't have any stamina to pounce, infectious claws, piercing howl, etc.
    You name it, and ill kill it.
  • Kitty_XI
    Kitty_XI
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here, but I'll say it anyway. What if we could be in wolf form the whole night of the full moon if we want to? That would be neat, and great for all roleplayers ^^
  • infoeb17_ESO82
    infoeb17_ESO82
    Soul Shriven
  • infoeb17_ESO82
    infoeb17_ESO82
    Soul Shriven
    @Kitty_XI Very true! Especially the role playing aspect also another role-kinda aspect i've not seen yet.... Why now make WW +10% damage to Vampires? - also maybe the other way round too? Seems sensible since they both are of opposing.

Bossible a passive scalable on each say 3% / 5% / 10% etc.. So if the Vampire is stage 4 takes 10% more dmg from WW, but also deals 10% more dmg too WW. That way wouldn't even need to change the WW side of things, just alter the Vampire passive stage set?

Would hopefully provoke Vamp vs WW fights all over the place! :)

ChickenRules
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    So since after the release of 1.5.2, what real fixes have I seen to the 23 point Ultimate called Werewolf? Really nothing. For a 23 point Ultimate, I should slaughter 11 characters since a 2 point ultimate can kill one person. When they told us they would give us more time in WW form, they lowered it. Did I miss where lower means increase. They cheered and said how great all the fixes to WW are in ESO live. Where are these fixes? nerf time, changed damage from stam to weapon damage (Why was this changed? could of had a real use for stam users but they blew that one), change pursuit into a Worthless passive ( really if you use max hit you get all stam back over run speed and attack speed, come on DEVS wake up.), so I guess they fixed the WW by still having them as a joke in pvp. I really don't care about PVE my NB kills faster. They cant make a toggle? What is the sorc ability overload? Looks like a toggle. They could of made while in werewolf use ultimate but if attacking no loss but if not attacking you start to lose ultimate. there is your timer. Devour would be another way to keep it up. With ALL the great ideas to fix this Ultimate what did they fix?
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Werewolf in PvP is still an issue unless you're a party of 4-5 pack leader to keep the timer up with heavy attacks and a continuous combat. The berzerker don't worth because of that timer problem... @ZOS have to do something about that !
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
  • risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    So since after the release of 1.5.2, what real fixes have I seen to the 23 point Ultimate called Werewolf? Really nothing. For a 23 point Ultimate, I should slaughter 11 characters since a 2 point ultimate can kill one person. When they told us they would give us more time in WW form, they lowered it. Did I miss where lower means increase. They cheered and said how great all the fixes to WW are in ESO live. Where are these fixes? nerf time, changed damage from stam to weapon damage (Why was this changed? could of had a real use for stam users but they blew that one), change pursuit into a Worthless passive ( really if you use max hit you get all stam back over run speed and attack speed, come on DEVS wake up.), so I guess they fixed the WW by still having them as a joke in pvp. I really don't care about PVE my NB kills faster. They cant make a toggle? What is the sorc ability overload? Looks like a toggle. They could of made while in werewolf use ultimate but if attacking no loss but if not attacking you start to lose ultimate. there is your timer. Devour would be another way to keep it up. With ALL the great ideas to fix this Ultimate what did they fix?

Couldn't agree more! tried to tell them already in test server but.. yea..

WAKE UP!
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it time to catch up now?

I told you so

My WW is only in my slot to gain ultimate faster as a tank and when i acidently push it, i curse it.

As a dd noone is changing to WW, because its not viable and not fun for the short duration.

If you have fun... good for you.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...do most folks like the werewolf changes or not? Are they working as intended?

I definitely agree that werewolves desperately needed attention first...but now can we have a vampire overhaul PLEASE? You've GOT to do something about the Stage Timers at the very least!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    Its the sad part that ZOS didnt listen to us while it was on PTS, with all the changes they have done, the major problem hasnt been fixed. Werewolf needs to be able to be played as a skill-line/class build and not as an short ultimate.

No matter what or how long they will change on the skills around, no one will ever want WW other the for RP reasons as long as that isnt fixed.
    Its a full skill line for one short ultimate that is barely good usable in PvE(unuseable in all endgame and groupplay=90% of time) and never in PvP- so a shame to waste the good Werewolf.

The players have told ZOS every time what the change needs to be (a permanent or at least a long lasting or self -through tactical play- sustainable Werewolf. No need to be overpowered, just as a different playable Skillline. That is all we want, lets see how long it will take until ZOS will hear us :/

Hopefully not another 6 months or longer...
    Edited by Lykanus on November 19, 2014 7:49PM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels great to me out in Cyrodiil. I'll take some more buffs though /shurg
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    wo, what? it works in cyrodiil? you mean you dnt get insta killed, and you kill people,when its not a 1 on 1 situation? cuz its never a 1 on 1 unless your hunting solo questers. then again you prolly didn't kill them in ww form cuz they could just heal and cc you and make you waste your time in ww form and your stamina breaking out of their cc.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on November 20, 2014 11:50PM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a great improvement overall, however you won't be a threat to any competent player while in werewolf form. It's simply to easy to stack shields,block,drink a potion and heal etc. I can kill lowbies easily, it's great in PvE compared to what it was. But in Cyrodiil, the Vampire is still the better choice by some distance. Simply because of the very low cost and easily spamable bats. I cannot understand why the duration was lowered, if anything it should have been increased.
  • Pazrael
    Pazrael
    Soul Shriven
    Yup and yet again I wonder why I'm paying for this game when I've logged on once in 3 weeks. I was hoping for this update to actually get me back into the game and have some fun playing a real WW.... but after reading what they did, they lacked the one thing that was truly required to make ww decent. 22 skill points to through into a skill line that you get to use for how long? ever certain amount of time... no... sorry.. a skill line capable of being used at any time, absolutely! but not this... there is no fun in it nor capability in it. If I want to have an entire skill line only able to use for minimal time, I'd sooner die to any other ultimate in this game. It continues to be the worst "ultimate" in the game. Good fight, I can only hope that a future update to ww to fix comes soon or my interest in this game is going to disappear quickly.
  • jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    So far I am enjoying the changes to WW - lets face it, this is a HUGE improvement over what we had prior. WW was a novelty before this update and yet that +50% damage to poison at all times made this novelty a liability in some cases so the risk vs. reward just wasn't there. BUT WW is far from perfect still.

1.) Ultimate Cost: The Ultimate cost NEEDS reduced or the amount of ultimate generated by Blood Rage needs to go up. I'm not sure by how much other than to say it NEEDS to be cheaper or Blood Rage increased. I run the Dominion set (Sword, Shield & Neck) to grant me a 10% reduction but I can drop banners much sooner than I can shift to WW form and lets face it Banner is a very strong Ultimate that most groups and allies would prefer over me being in WW form. The one WW set in the game is meh at best, so there is no way I'd even consider running 5 pieces of it just to further decrease my Ultimate cost.

2.) Passives: I don't want to compare WW and Vampires but I will just for one point of contention I have. Why does Vampires get a passive like Supernatural Recovery (Magicka & Stamina Recover) that benefits them all the time while WW gets nothing unless in form? Having a passive that increased Max Stamina or Stamina Recovery or both at ALL times would at least add that benefit of being a WW while not in form. Instead we take +50% damage from Poison at ALL times and yet we get no tangible benefits of being a WW unless in form :\. Trust me this penalty is very PAINFUL depending on the situation, foe, boss fight, etc. Yes I know I can make some glyphs or find gear for Poison resist but the point I'm making is we need a passive that is "active" all the time like Vampires.

3.) Armor / Gear Sets: Would be nice to see some crafted sets tailored to Vampire and Werewolf or MUCH better dropped sets or BOTH. I know now I'm getting greedy but would be nice. Besides why wouldn't Hircine not want us to have access to a unique armor set for our dedication to the Hunt :smile:
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I personally have been enjoying the changes to WW despite my timing on hitting the Ult messing up constantly. {I need to just hit the Ult button once! I have a tendency to button smash it 2-3 times in those panicked attempts at a hail mary transformation (when you need it most) and end up canceling my transformation which still eats up all my Ult gain so I have to start accumulating it over again, lol.}

For Rp, I feel like WW & Vamp both fail, mainly because of the timer on both. Having an optional RP version of each Ultimate might make for a nice fix without changing it too much. The rp version can be non-combat and includes the transformations (without a timer limitation) and some of the neat animations of the skill line without actually causing damage (for visuals only).
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhass wrote: »
    I personally have been enjoying the changes to WW despite my timing on hitting the Ult messing up constantly. {I need to just hit the Ult button once! I have a tendency to button smash it 2-3 times in those panicked attempts at a hail mary transformation (when you need it most) and end up canceling my transformation which still eats up all my Ult gain so I have to start accumulating it over again, lol.}

For Rp, I feel like WW & Vamp both fail, mainly because of the timer on both. Having an optional RP version of each Ultimate might make for a nice fix without changing it too much. The rp version can be non-combat and includes the transformations (without a timer limitation) and some of the neat animations of the skill line without actually causing damage (for visuals only).

I would LOVE this but I have YET to see an MMO, despite all the wild promises they make to roleplayers prior to launching, EVER then go back and "waste resources" deliberately implementing things that are strictly roleplay enhancements. Look at all the stuff they said they would do for roleplayers prior to launch in this game and you will realize that they never meant any of it and decided long ago that roleplayers are not worth courting.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    No this is wrong. It should be treated as a skill line nothing else.
    The form should be toggle, after all im loosing a whole toolbar.

Passives should always work. I won't settle for less ( i have put more skill points into this then i have in Ardent flame )
    I have also been waiting for this patch and i lost my interest.

With no respond from zenimax if this will be fixed or not i'm surely unsubbing soon...

And yes you can haz my stuff :P
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is better now, but still far from viable. For those of you asking for more passive effects, it isn't explicitly stated but werewolf now does give you extra stamina regen in human form and werewolf form. (I think it is about an 18 point boost to the stat, so about 9 stam/second.)

The biggest issues are, for me, the short duration of the timer and the loss of all ultimate accrued while in werewolf form. Having maxed out all the active skills, it does feel like an actual ultimate now, but certainly not a good one and certainly not worth over twenty skill points and the ridiculous amount of time it takes to level up all the active skills and their respective morphs.

It should also be noted that fighter's guild abilities (and possibly passives) do not affect you while in human form, but will once you transform. I'm unsure if this also applies to the extra poison damage taken or if this was even intended, but it does mitigate some of the negative effects of being a werewolf in PVP. I confirmed this by testing with a friend firing Silver Shards in Cyrodiil at me in human form and after transformation; while in human form it did minimal damage and did not knock me down, but it did knock me down while I was in werewolf form.

The changes to the werewolf have essentially upgraded it from "absolutely awful" to "bad." I'm hoping ZOS decides to actually make it viable, but I can say I am rather pessimistic in this regard.
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    Rexlupis wrote: »
    Werewolf is better now, but still far from viable. For those of you asking for more passive effects, it isn't explicitly stated but werewolf now does give you extra stamina regen in human form and werewolf form. (I think it is about an 18 point boost to the stat, so about 9 stam/second.)

The biggest issues are, for me, the short duration of the timer and the loss of all ultimate accrued while in werewolf form. Having maxed out all the active skills, it does feel like an actual ultimate now, but certainly not a good one and certainly not worth over twenty skill points and the ridiculous amount of time it takes to level up all the active skills and their respective morphs.

The changes to the werewolf have essentially upgraded it from "absolutely awful" to "bad." I'm hoping ZOS decides to actually make it viable, but I can say I am rather pessimistic in this regard.

That is it. Its now better then before, but far away from being useable or fun. It desperately needs more time when you change, to lessen the stress you have while playing it.

Most players i've seen now tested out the new wolf and either changed back right away or kept it for the ultimate generation passive but never use the transform, that shows the mess where werewolf still is.

I really do hope the ZOS is still looking here in give some respond or give the werewolf the chance it needs to be a fun and useful skill-line.
  • Auber
    Auber
    ✭✭
    Honestly I think lycanthropy HAS to go the way of being a toggle. When you ask players what they're most disappointed about in regards to werewolves, you'll almost always hear "the timer". When people make their characters werewolves, they usually want to play primarily in that form.

I have an idea for implementing this on the technical side. Make the werewolf transformation be activated by equipping or weapon-swapping to a totem/fetish item that goes in your weapon slot. (Non-werewolf skills would still be disabled in the transformed state.) This would achieve two things.

One, you would give players the freedom that they so badly crave to play in the form they want.

Two, you would open up more balancing and customization options for them. Let the "style" of the totem determine the werewolf skin that the player gets. Make higher level totems come with effects on them to enhance a specific skill or aspect of the form, on the scale of a skill morph. This would help ensure that each werewolf wouldn't feel exactly the same as his packmates.

It's a simple idea, but I feel it would go a long way towards making people happier with their werewolf.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Auber wrote: »
    Honestly I think lycanthropy HAS to go the way of being a toggle. When you ask players what they're most disappointed about in regards to werewolves, you'll almost always hear "the timer". When people make their characters werewolves, they usually want to play primarily in that form.

I have an idea for implementing this on the technical side. Make the werewolf transformation be activated by equipping or weapon-swapping to a totem/fetish item that goes in your weapon slot. (Non-werewolf skills would still be disabled in the transformed state.) This would achieve two things.

One, you would give players the freedom that they so badly crave to play in the form they want.

Two, you would open up more balancing and customization options for them. Let the "style" of the totem determine the werewolf skin that the player gets. Make higher level totems come with effects on them to enhance a specific skill or aspect of the form, on the scale of a skill morph. This would help ensure that each werewolf wouldn't feel exactly the same as his packmates.

It's a simple idea, but I feel it would go a long way towards making people happier with their werewolf.

I really like the idea of the custom totems! Just not putting it in your weapon slot , as we could lose set bonuses. I really think that it shouldn't be an option to be a werewolf or not be a werewolf. When affected skillbar #2 becomes your permanent form.

Bloodrage now happens in both werewolf and human form. You now have a huge drawback to being wolf and less people will pick it up just for the passives. This now gives us the option to tie a real effect to the werewolf ultimate.

I personally like the idea of bezerker gaining extra damage/ damage mitigation/ and immovable. Where pack leader gains survivability and resources regeneration for allies and increased on self.

In a perfect world we would also be able to stealth.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Blockz888
    Blockz888
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a bug after transformation, if u manage to generate enough ultimate while in werewolf for another transformation it is reset after transforming back. That sucks?! All my hard work waisted. ...I really hope Werewolves are cool now because from what it sounds like it that vampires dominating. If id go into battle as a werewolf vs a vampire wud it be an unfair fight is what i am wondering here? They should be equally as strong!
    Leader of The Werewolf Legion, DC WW PVP Guild for Azura, we either pvping or training for pvp. If interested in joining send me an invite, brutiss.
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    Been open since August and still no real response from the Devs. Are they looking into any of our ideas that can be used in the game? I have yet to see one message saying they did a great job at fixing werewolf. So to make sure this post doesn't die off from lack of dev responses, I had to type something.
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Been open since August and still no real response from the Devs. Are they looking into any of our ideas that can be used in the game? I have yet to see one message saying they did a great job at fixing werewolf. So to make sure this post doesn't die off from lack of dev responses, I had to type something.

maybe tagging their names in forum or on your post with your ideas will help. I believe the people that communicate with us are @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno .

My idea for improving werewolf would be a separate stamina bar for sprinting in werewolf form. Just like a horse, so that you can use the, very resource expensive, new werewolf skills to engage the enemy.

Do something about the ultimate gain in werewolf form. Give us a werewolf ultimate in form or let us keep the ultimate gained in werewolf form.

Increase the time in werewolf form, it should happen. With the new champion system, spell crafting, new two set pieces that are really powerful, the whole game is progressing. The werewolf ultimate brought us up to where we should have been before craglorn came out. Werewolf is gonna be weak useless unless werewolf as a whole can be changed and modified/customized and improved by the spell crafting, champion system, and new armor sets for them as well. With the spell crafting this could make a magicka built werewolf more viable. A magically incline werewolf should be able to use more magicka based abilities other than to just heal itself. After all being able to turn into a werewolf is an act of casting a spell is it not?

Devour should also give back stamina, this would increase its usefulness if the above recommendations are not implemented. This is why, you enter a fight. You use your werewolf abilities. After the fight you have no stamina and have used your stamina potion, which has a 30 second cool down (oddly the same out of time you have with out the aid of skills in werewolf form.) You wish to continue in form to the next mob. You eat the corpse of your enemy and use the stamina gained to rush to your next fight and still have stamina to use your skills to kill again. Though this could be made easier if A. you stayed in werewolf form as long as you liked and had an ultimate in werewolf form. or B. kept ultimate gained in werewolf form, had a separate stamina bar for sprinting to capitalize on the increased movement speed in werewolf form without wasting your precious stamina.

Also something that makes me wonder is why the cost of the werewolf abilities are so high? We have increased stamina regen because we are physically condition beast of destruction... yet we tire easily swinging our arms and yelling. hmm... pathetic. Hircine must be a weak daedric prince and it hurts me to say that because I think he is cool and I love werewolves. I've stuck beside them since the game came out and they were truly dreadful.

SO here is my two part question for an ESO LIVE episode to @ZOS_jessicaFolsom, @ZOS_ginaBruno , and anyone it may involve, Will Werewolves be able to utilize the champion and spell crafting systems to further increase player customization, and effectiveness? Also will we be seeing more armor pieces for werewolves and vampires that are not specifically shackled to a certain armor type?

My name might not be appropriate for your audience. SO you can use the name ill be using in twitch when I watch ESO Live and that is RexFlexington.
  • fvanvliet
    fvanvliet
    ✭✭
    How about giving the werewolf a way of targeting a player near the shrine so we can bite instead of dancing arround for half hour trying to find the right spot .. i have seen players just plain give up on biting someone else
  • risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    fvanvliet wrote: »
    How about giving the werewolf a way of targeting a player near the shrine so we can bite instead of dancing arround for half hour trying to find the right spot .. i have seen players just plain give up on biting someone else

There is a work around the issue... just move out of the area so you see your timer starts to tick..then go back ...works everytime..
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My idea of making the WW transformation worth the slot instead of any other powerful ultimate (like batswarm)

- Transforming is instant. Like vampiric mist.

- WW is immune to crowd control while transformed, except for abilities specifically designed to counter them (that means silver shards knock them down, and turn undead fears them)

- WW attacks cannot be blocked (but neither can the WW himself use block)
    Edited by Sharee on December 10, 2014 11:15AM
This discussion has been closed.