Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

how do you guys justify paying $15 a month?

• Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    It's cheaper than going out to the movies or going out to dinner in NYC so I can justify it. $15 a month for a game isn't bad at all, as long as the game doesn't go to free to play a.k.a pay to win then I can always justify paying $15 a month for a game. SWTOR went free to play & it ruined the game in my opinion. If you wanted all the cool wanted all the cool looking gear outfits you had to use cartel coins to buy packs & maybe get the gear pieces you want. Along with speeders, weapons, emotes, special holiday items. $15 a month is fine by me.
    Edited by Katniss_Everlark on June 24, 2014 6:18PM
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
    Katniss Everlark VR 6 Nightblade Archer Werewolf
    A few alts all under level 25
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    To the OP...

I couldnt so I cancelled.

And yet he's here?
  • mblythe21b14_ESO
    Gremlis wrote: »
    To the OP...

And yet he's here?

Read the patch notes and came to read threads. Still got 16 days. The sub is cancelled.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP...

And yet he's here?

Read the patch notes and came to read threads. Still got 16 days. The sub is cancelled.

Have you considered my proposition, bestest friend?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• mblythe21b14_ESO
    Vis wrote: »
    To the OP...

And yet he's here?

hehe I dont have anything for trade or to give you or I would. I have no gold due to respecs and my gear is all I got. :)
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    To the OP...

And yet he's here?

Lol did they really tell you you couldn't say "can I have your stuff?" Telling a bunch of gamers they can't do that or post goodbye threads is like telling water it's not allowed to be wet.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at VR yet. Having fun.

And why do I need to justify anything? I'm not a child--I pay because I want to play, I'll stop when I don't.

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Jamesd1350
    Jamesd1350
    Soul Shriven
    If you can't "justify" it then go play some generic F2P model. You want more content to play in but can't justify paying a subscription. "We can let the devs makes amazing content and continue to pour time and money into the server security and stability off just what we paid for the game." Go play Guild Wars and leave us adults here to enjoy something that is blossoming into a very well-made game. The game is two, almost three, months old and you are bitching because you've rushed to endgame and now you have nothing else to entertain you? Why not pace yourself and enjoy the game for it's entirety like an ELDER SCROLLS game is supposed to be played. Did you play your Skyrim and rush to beat the game?

God, you entitled little pricks.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have to justify anything. I do whatever i want with my money.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I played Planetside 2 I was 'unimpressed' with the graphics and the lag, and had a real hard time justifying the amount of work I was going to have to do to get better gear, when a couple bucks out of my pocket could have done it more quickly.

On PS2 with maxed graphics i never have less than 45 fps, but its usually stable at 60fps. This is with dozens and dozens of characters on screen.
    My ping is 40ms.

On ESO with the same machine im down to 15 fps when more than 50 players are around.
    Lets not speak about my ping and the lag, it would be like shooting on the red cross.

Edited by Gisgo on June 24, 2014 6:44PM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy almost everything about this game. The lore, the setting, the PVP, the group content, the combat.....why wouldn't I subscribe?
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally its something my husband and I do together, so its cheaper than 1 single date night.
    $15.00 bucks is also worth keeping the trolling to a minimum in game in compare to the forum and FB page ;)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Synd
    Synd
    Soul Shriven
    Wonder how many of these people complaining about content actaully quested to vet 12..
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 recurring subs going out each month.
    Istaria, EVE, Ultima Online and ESO.
    3 of them have been paid each month for the last decade and 1 is nearly at 2 decades.
    That's a lot of cash spent in my gaming history but probably saved my liver on more times than i'd like to think about in the early days :)

I'd like to cancel my UO one as I don't even play anymore but after 17 years I just cant bring myself to push the 'cancel' button. I got history in that game.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having played some F2P games---in addition to other benefits I get for my $15.00, I consider the subscription fee to be a jerk filter. (Though certainly not a perfect one.)
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Jamesd1350
    Jamesd1350
    Soul Shriven
    Having played some F2P games---in addition to other benefits I get for my $15.00, I consider the subscription fee to be a jerk filter. (Though certainly not a perfect one.)

Exactly! If paying $15 a month keeps the "Give me everything but I don't want to work for it" kids out of the damn game, I'm on that band wagon. I personally love this game. I think it's well-made. Sure there are some flaws here and there, but lets look at any other MMO in it's first year of launch.
  • TieFighter
    TieFighter
    ✭✭✭
    to keep the riff-raff like you out
    Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
    Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
    Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
    Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
    Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Last time I played Planetside 2 I was 'unimpressed' with the graphics and the lag, and had a real hard time justifying the amount of work I was going to have to do to get better gear, when a couple bucks out of my pocket could have done it more quickly.

On PS2 with maxed graphics i never have less than 45 fps, but its usually stable at 60fps. This is with dozens and dozens of characters on screen.
    My ping is 40ms.

On ESO with the same machine im down to 15 fps when more than 50 players are around.
    Lets not speak about my ping and the lag, it would be like shooting on the red cross.
    huh? what am I missing?
    You reference Planetside 2 on the PS2 then say "on ESO with the same machine"
    I'm not even aware of a Playstation beta for ESO at this time.
    Or are you playing Planetside 2 on a PC also?

Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Game is fun to play. I like trying new builds. I delete characters I don't identify with and re-roll. Trying out different combinations is fun, challenging and rewarding. It's all about value. The story is great. The voice acting is good some of it great some of it funny some of it bad. The environments are well executed. The music is awesome. The action is fun. PvP is fantastic. What's not to like about Giant interactive tower defense game? (I personally would like to see more organic openworld pvp but I can't have everything.) Besides, the Devs are actually fixing bugs, working out imbalances and introducing new content and features. They get a thumbs up from me.
  • justsimon_ESO
    justsimon_ESO
    ✭✭
    the same way i justify spending anything... either i want it or i don't. to be fair, i've often asked the same of friends who spend every night at the pub and then complain for days how they feel. they spend on ciggies, and beer more than i'll spend on games in a LIFETIME. so... there you go. peace
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    It costs me $15 to go see a movie, or have a couple of pints (and they're not even real pints); I get easily more than 2 hours worth of entertainment out of ESO each month.
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Been holding out hope that Zenimax was going to take seriously the plight of Templars.

Beta and four months subscription revenue should result in sustained dps and resource mechanic balance for all classes.

Templars are still the only class without a resource mechanic and this patch is a joke holding no hope of equalizing sustained DPS to OP DK and Sorcs level.

I'm running out of reasons to continue contributing to Zenimax's investor return while having had to play a broken class since Beta.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was spending that per week on comic books. I decided to take a break from that to get my entertainment in ESO. So I'm actually saving money and having fun.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a lot, do PvP, like redoing dungeons with friends as well, have a couple alts on top of it. I probably get my month's money worth in less than a week of playtime. Other than that, I just eat one or two less fast food meals a month and it pays for itself and I'm healthier. No, just kidding, I still eat the crappy food.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jonpaul wrote: »
    This will forever be my own personal response to threads like this... call it a new signature.

spies-like-us-vertical-drop-o.gif

I dont get it..??

• someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a better question for the OP:

How does Comcast justify billing my wife and I $300 a month for their crappy service?

How come even though the ammo shortage is over, I can't find a 50 count of 9mm for $13 like I use to (except at wally world)??

Why does AT&T charge me almost $200 a month for my family plan when half the time my calls fade in and out and drops constantly even though I'm near a tower???

So many question and so little time... ESO $15 bucks a month is the least of my concerns.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    not trying to troll or anything

but game has almost a criminally low amount of actual endgame content at vr12

(not counting the endless zerg pvp i suppose)

sure $15 isn't much to the majority of us

but, other than paying to beta test for consoles

how do you guys justify it?

It's pretty simple.
    • Does this game provide me with entertainment and enjoyment? Yes.
    • Does this game give me isolated pockets of pure joy, which is priceless? Yes.
    • Am I having fun? Yes
    • Is the amount of enjoyment I'm getting worth $15 a month for as many hours as I can cram in, compared to, say, two 2-hour movie a month, or one movie and popcorn? Yes.
    • Can I justify to myself the $15 per month expenditure in exchange for the amount of entertainment I'm getting? Yes.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    It is as some of the people posted previously. No need to justify to anybody how you spend your hard earned money.
  • Areoth
    Areoth
    ✭✭
    Since I am paying $15/month my wife would be horribly upset if I did not play it often enough to justify paying $15/month.

Seriously though, I like the game so for me it is worth the subscription.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's my money and I'll spend it the way I want. What's it to you?